Which race did you go for?

in Warrior

Posted by: Track.5029

Track.5029

I went for the human female, I won’t say i regret it, i just don’t think there’s many good options for a good looking warrior if you pick the human, there’s most likely only the Arah set..

So i’ve been thinking about rolling my human warrior into either a charr or a norn female, but whats holding me back is ofc its lvl 80, got full exotic and kitten, and it also got abyss dye..

in Warrior

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I don’t think the appearance disappointment is becuase of the race you chose, but rather that heavy armor is kinda lackluster in general.

That being said, I have a human female. And when wearing draconic chest/leggings/boots with guild shoulders and whatever gloves/helmet that you like. Wielding golden or seraph weapons, looks pretty good.

Asura and Norn cultural tier 3 heavy are nice tho.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Warrior

Posted by: happynow.7190

happynow.7190

I went for Norn, just cause they have better animations to an extent.

For armor looks i have 2 T3’s – the leggings and helm and others are just exotics from t3 & karma. She looks just awesome, reminds me of Xena even though she isn’t exactly looking like that. xD

in Warrior

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Asura. I wanted to be a tiny little zipping zooming pinball of death. Not a stickler for looks. That said, satisfied with how she turned out .

in Warrior

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Female Sylvari. Don’t see that many being warriors, and Jennifer Hale is awesome.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Female Sylvari. Don’t see that many being warriors, and Jennifer Hale is awesome.

Haha I guess Charr warriors are too mainstream :P.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

I went human, because Charr look awful in EVERYTHING.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I went for the human female, I won’t say i regret it, i just don’t think there’s many good options for a good looking warrior if you pick the human, there’s most likely only the Arah set..

So i’ve been thinking about rolling my human warrior into either a charr or a norn female, but whats holding me back is ofc its lvl 80, got full exotic and kitten, and it also got abyss dye..

The heavy human cultural armor is quite nice (although tier 1 is a bit generic looking, but hey it’s tier 1).

I also like the draconic armor and the armor from Caudecus’ Manor, although some people really hate on the latter for some reason.

I like the knight armor too, although it has a bit more of a “butch” look to it, so it might not look as good on your human female if she’s supposed to be pretty-like.

I went with norn male, tier 2 cultural armor with the helmet and shoulders turned off. Looks like a barbarian.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

Big muscular male norn all the way! They look awesome in heavy armor.
1st set:
http://i.imgur.com/XSwmNRP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wuw9Rdl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m93TMoL.jpg
2nd set:
http://i.imgur.com/0sWUJ9o.jpg

I also have female human as my second one.
http://i.imgur.com/Rt6rgzN.jpg

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Warrior

Track.5029

i dont like the human cultural for warriors.. i think its more like a guardian style, its not “offensive” armors, if you know what i mean..

I like norn and charr t3 tho ^^

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I went human, because Charr look awful in EVERYTHING.

Nah. Human looks so tiny in comparison with charr, and clearly not looks like big bad war machine. I remember first time when my charr female went into AC exp and got ghost transform into human female. I looked at the greatsword in her hands and thought “She can swing it? Really?”.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

Sylvari Female. Best running animation and combat fighting.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

NORN!!!!

The biggest and most powerfull race to rule them all (even though ive made my norn as small as possible so my human friend wont seem too small : p)

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Go with Charr because they’re are the best warrior race by far
See how cool she looks. She’s on vacation right now so no heavy armor look.

Attachments:

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I went Norn Male and Human Female. I had a Charr Male as well, but I got him to ~25 and started him over as an Engineer because the RP concept behind him was evolving in different directions than anticipated.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Well I went with asura because I like the cultural armor. She’s still a work in progress, but I’ve got high hopes. http://i.imgur.com/Y4DlRTK.jpg

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Charr – Spikes….

Attachments:

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Norn power! What better choise for a warrior than a barbaric race of savages!?!

Both the hammer and sword i did not pay a penny for.. everyone on forums complaining how hard it is to get these skins and how many boxes they had to open.. took one for each for me haha, got one from map completion and the southsun box from a random mob. I feel kitten lucky!

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Asura? Human..? Sylvari?? /LAUGH

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I actually had my choices come to me over time. I didn’t want to make a norn because, the male norn look fat, not muscular to me, just fat. Like whenever I see a Norn Male I think they will just crouch on the ground and start rolling for transportation, plus they look stupid in most armors imo. Norn Females look fine, but I don’t play female characters.

Charr Male Warrior was the choice I went with for a while, he is now Level 80 with max gear, plainly because of them being the most ferocious and barbaric-esque race to me, literally forged in war. I quickly ran into the problem most Charr players have though, and thats lack of armor choice due to them almost all looking horrible on charr as they are purely stretched out skins on the charr’s body without any real changes to make them suit the charr, its somewhat hit and miss. The Tier 3 heavy Charr armor is one of the best armors in game however I feel, ironically enough. Sadly it is the most overused Charr armor for this very reason and I didn’t like the idea of looking like every other Charr.

I later fell in love with the human race. They have the best lore imo, the best armor sets culturally and in general look the best when using the skills on warrior I’d say. A human male warrior using 100b looks so kitten its ridiculous. I have now settled on male human warrior, as they look great in almost every set of armor, can mix and match easily, and look kitten as kitten while using skills and their animations.

Edit: Also just to clarify, Charr are the biggest race. Norn look taller due to their posture, while a fully stood charr out does a Norn by a very noticeable height difference. Try the /salute emote on your charr near a max height norn and you will dwarf them, well be taller than them at least.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

in Warrior

Track.5029

thx for ur answer pistolwhip, mind taking some pics of ur human male? ^^
atm i got a human female, and im thinking about rerolling, cause it looks too boring, and imo only the arah set fits her..

in Warrior

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Human warrior armor should be karma chest, arah pants, cof shoes, your choice of shoulder and gloves

in Warrior

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I went human male, ‘cos that’s what he was in the first game.
I’ve recently been trying to get out of the habit of going for armour sets and have settled on something I think looks quite nice. The important thing is that my Juggernaut’s shine looks consistent.

Also, having chosen human and now having seen all the other races as warriors, I’m happy with my choice. Charr have some “interesting” tiered gear, but in general just look awkward to me when wielding melee weapons.
And as I’ve said before, all big fat Norns are Guardians. My big fat Norn’s a Guardian too.
Once they’re in heavy armour, it’s almost impossible to tell a Sylvari from a human, and Asura lose too much detail. Plus, I’m disappointed they didn’t keep the weapons ridiculously over-sized with Asuran warriors.

So yeah, my Warrior’s a male human.

Attachments:

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Warrior

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Sure Track no problem! I’ll update my post with a picture tonight or tomorrow, though I don’t have all the sets I want yet, I am using his first set right now, which is pretty cool in its own tentacle way.

I actually find everyone who has posted so far to look relatively awesome+cool with their characters regardless of race.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Warrior

Track.5029

Thinking about rerolling a norn or charr..

Got a human atm ^^

what would you guys do?

(edited by Track.5029)

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

Thinking about rerolling a norn or charr..

Got a human atm ^^

what would you guys do?

Well at this point it’s up to you I already got a norn / charr warrior , but I play my charr more :P

Attachments:

Pineapples