Which weapon would you rather see..

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

us warriors get in the future?

I know there’s been talk of 2h Axe. But i’m thinking more spear!

If anyones played Pirates knights and Vikings there was nothing more satisyfing than throwing a spear right into someones face from a mile away.

Or 2h morning star. Oh yeah….

in Warrior

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

I would love to see my Warrior wielding a pole-arm on land in the future. A two-handed axe sounds awesome as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thanatos.5102

Thanatos.5102

I would love to see my Warrior wielding a pole-arm on land in the future. A two-handed axe sounds awesome as well.

+1 on both.

in Warrior

phaeris.7604

Spear 1 : Jab >jab2 (has a bleed) >jab 3 is a 360 spin +bleed.

Spear 2: Spear Toss : Throws your spear 600 range, 2 second knockdown.

Spear 3: Spear vault : vaults you forwards and you do a small aoe 2 second cripple on landing+damage. (aoe targetted).

Spear 4: Spear parry : You do a parry manouver reflecting frontal attacks for 2 seconds.

Spear 5: Spear charge: Charge move, anyone caught on the front end of your spear during the move is immobilised for 2 seconds.

Hows that?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zhauric.1879

Zhauric.1879

Spear/polearm definitely. I can see two hand axe but honestly a good spear/polearm warrior is something that would be a bit different since they aren’t ‘overly’ common in games. Plus the fact we’re using as such underwater but somehow get hit with a dumbstick when on land is a bit silly, heh

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Spear F1:
“Break your spear in half and use them like nunchucks, giving you new attacks and abilities that forces your character to scream ‘SHREDDERRRR!’ on use.”

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Weapons I could see Warrior using are:

2 Handed Axe, which has been mentioned, would work similar to a Greatsword

I wouldn’t mind having a Pistol/Dagger off-hand.

Scythe would be a cool weapon

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I want to see them wearing a falcata. A halberd would be rather nice as well.

Daggers, rapiers and kukris maybe. Great axes is a most.

in Warrior

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

Pistol off hand. Rytlock uses one. We should too.

Or a torch so i can go all Aragorn without having a pet sniffing my kitten at all times.

Great axe and spear also cool, maybe hand to hand, with throws and heavy strikes. And hadouken/shoryuken for a laugh.

in Warrior

Posted by: fony.5102

fony.5102

we need a flail.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I tend to think of Diablo 2 barbarians when I think warrior weapons: 2h Axe, 2h Hammer, 2h Sword, Sword, Axe, Mace, Flail, 1h Spear, 2h Spear, Polearm, Throwing Axe, Shield.

2h Axe/Flail would be my biggest requests, flail/spear I would expect to have a greater attack range. I’d also love some of those HUGE one handed axes that you get, the ones where the hand grip is part way up the blade but it’s weighted so that it’s still a one hand weapon and not simply a polearm.

Games like D2/Elder Scrolls had some awesome RPG ideas but many of them to not fit to a conventional MMO, such as everyone being able to use all equipment as long as you had the stats to wield them (str/dex), but that also usually required a stat-point system as well. It enabled things such as plate wearing casters, but they had to throw so many stats into strength that they barely had any mana or casting speed etc. Such things would never work here so I won’t even suggest them though :P Just reminisce.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Derkzey.5416

Derkzey.5416

I would love to see the concertina Fan, as I believe it will add a new dynamic to the blade dancer

http://www.outstandingbranding.com/images/_GvXfBZiR9oCCHMJhW5IoCGtGtMf/CONCERTINA-PAPER-HAND-FAN.jpg

Sometimes, luck is all you need.
For everything else theres Mastercard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghai.3528

Ghai.3528

KNUCKLES!!! A good pair of cestus to pummel on my enemies would bring me more glee than any other weapon. Troll? Punch it in the face. Elder Dragon? Punch it in the face!

Spear is a second though =]

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahn.9728

Vahn.9728

Agreed!! Knuckles and Spears would make me really happy. <3

in Warrior

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

A halberd is definitely a must, but I would rather reserve this and other weapons for another soldier class, lets rather talk about that.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Warrior

phaeris.7604

All great ideas!

I had forgotten about knuckles! Oh wow, nothing would make me happier than being able to punch enemies down. (Getting a kill on the heavy in TF2 with boxing gloves…great fun).

I don’t think another soldier class is that viable, I mean what niche would he fill. Guardian has pretty much every base covered to be honest. Warriors cover the rest (kind of).

I’ve come to regard the warrior as a hit and run class, get in, do damage, get out (apache like).

in Warrior

Reclusiarh.2674

I was thinking in the line of warrior caster, but only with negative boons on the enemy. A sort of a negative guardian, so not healing and support but poison, fear, negative boons on enemy from the banners, which would work as trophy racks. With only a few weapon choice: halberd, great axe, flail, mace, spiked chains. Definitely no swords and daggers, probably no shields either.

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

That sounds more like a Necro in heavy armor except for the weapons.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

If Rampage (elite) was actually useful you wouldn’t need fist weapons.

In terms of what could actually happen, pistols is probably it. Otherwise ANet would need to design an entire new line of weapon models/skins, while pistols are already in the game.

in Warrior

Reclusiarh.2674

“……That sounds more like a Necro in heavy armor except for the weapons..”

Not quite, he would be melee fighter, except utility skills would be mix of casting and banners, shouts. Think of a warrior with poisoned weapons and banners and shouts that hurt enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xeres.3724

Xeres.3724

2h axe definitely. I was rather surprised to see that there wasn’t one.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

1 handed: flail, staff
off hand; flail, staff

two-handed; polearm, double edged sword

in Warrior

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

As armor works the way it does, I would like to see
something along th eline of a Shaolin monk, that use
the double-type weapons known from NWN1, maybe
except the hammer/mace, just use the staff.

For the warrior itself, I only want some proper skills
for the weapons we already have (and shield), except
the rifle skills, they are only ones that actually are spot on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Samurro.1463

Samurro.1463

2h axe…/thread…

No srsly, I need this so badly. I can understand that they had problems designing unique skills for the axe because its a hybrid of sword and mace, but they NEED to implent this with an upcoming addon.

I would also like some kind of Polearm.

in Warrior

Posted by: Merthax.5172

Merthax.5172

Pistols, allowed as main and off-hand

I would like to see warriors have a 1-handed ranged option. This would allow all sorts of main/off combos, including mixing melee and ranged.

Without adding new weapons to the game itself, the only non-caster styled weapons that warriors don’t get are: daggers, shortbow, and torch. I think pistol has the most potential.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lortak.1239

Lortak.1239

2 handed axe please! That is all.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I’d like to have spear as a 1handed weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Way too many options. I’d like to see offhand pistol, polearms, javelins, dagger mainhand (for awesome brawling skills), two-handed axes (a.k.a polearms). I’d really like a one-handed range option, as other professions have them – I was really surprised actually that Warrior doesn’t have one, especially considering that the Warrior from Destiny’s Edge (Rytlock Brimstome) uses a pistol quite a bit.

Though there’ll be lots more patching before anybody gets any new toys.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I want a polearm for sure.. give it like range 250, raw damage plus defence (with a low cooldown counterattack). Just the kind of weapon that will make anyone regret coming within melee range of a warrior, the kind of weapon you use to guard a point, not one you use to chase someone down with.

1. three chain auto attack with high dps, no bleeds.
  2. a series of very rapid jabs, mostly damage with some bleeds.
  3. a block with blunt counterattack, counterattack knocks back and knocks down.
  4. a high arcing 900 range leap (targeted) that slams down for massive aoe damage.
  5. Throw the polearm at 600 range to impale your target, large damage, bleed and immobilize.
  6. BURST: a defensive stance that lasts 5 seconds, gives protection during that duration, and everytime you are attacked, you give an instant and significantly hurtful counterjab, and it blocks projectiles. Basically your opponent needs to not attack you at close range during these 8 seconds if he wants to live, while ranged attacks (not just projectiles) are blocked. Is canceled when you move or when you use a skill.

You like?

(The weapon would be a halberd, which is a twohanded spear with a single bladed axe at the end.)

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Honestly the 2h axe is what I want most right now, just because I feel like it’s missing from the current set:

dagger; sword; greatsword
mace; hammer
pistol; rifle
shortbow; longbow (both 2h, but functionally comparable)
sceptre; staff
axe; …axes?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

I would love to see 2-hand axes (of course), spear (silly that we get them underwater but not on land…. -_-;), knuckles/ cestus (nothing would make me happier than being able to punch a champion mob in the face and no our kitteny elite doesn’t count) and definitely being able to use daggers and pistols at least off-hand.

Having said that I doubt I’ll ever see all that :C

in Warrior

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Morning star counts as a mace son.

in Warrior

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

….Aren’t spears underwater weapons? Also- 2h Axe definantly…. our axe skills are nice I’d love to see a Beserker 2H Axe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandolfi.1507

Gandolfi.1507

I really enjoyed the scythe on my warrior in GW1, so that would be fun to see come back.

Also agree 2H axe, offhand pistol, and knuckles would be great. Daggers would be fun too but perhaps best not be too greedy

Like the ideas for a third soldier profession in future. I remember having a nice warrior/necro build in GW1 with melee plus casting damage for range. Something along those lines, like the ‘inverse-guardian’ as someone mentioned earlier would be interesting for a future expansion perhaps.

Godrik Gandolfi – human warrior; Lucius Foestabber – charr reaper
The Path Least Travelled, Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

(Main) 1 handed GS & (Offhand) 1 handed GS woo hoo!

But seriously 2 handed Axe will be Awesome!
Bah i bet they gonna release The Dervish Class in future so i wont mention Scythe for now lol!

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

I would like to see a bayonet. We dont have as many bayonets in games like we used to in this country.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Blob.2863

Blob.2863

Warriors need a ‘long’ range close combat weapon, I know your thinking long rang close combat? I mean something like a spear, polarm hell even a halbard would do something that would give warriors extra reach with their attacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

I would like to see a bayonet. We dont have as many bayonets in games like we used to in this country.

Hey, given how schizo the technology is in this game it wouldn’t be impossible. But I’d rather a warrior’s weapon than a soldier’s tool.

in Warrior

Posted by: Larth.3467

Larth.3467

Personally I’d love to see a scythe. However, if we get access to that it probably will not be till the expansion that gives access to Elona and the Dervish. Possibly the same thing for the throwing spear, since that was the Paragon’s main weapon. Given the more European bent of the Krytan/Ascalonian warrior, I’d lean towards 2H Axe, Morningstar, or Flail. Morningstar I think is out, it’s just a re-skinned 2H Hammer for the most part. I’m kind of in favor of the Flail, a nice chain weapon and something completely different while not straying from the standard European/Fantasy genre. As for a polearm…well can never go wrong with a big stick with a big blade/spike/or hammer at the end. Personally I’m a fan of the glaive. However, I do like guisarmes and halberds too. Guess a bardiche, bec de corbin, lucern hammer, or spetum would be cool too.

(edited by Larth.3467)

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Morning stars are essentially maces…

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Hey, given how schizo the technology is in this game it wouldn’t be impossible. But I’d rather a warrior’s weapon than a soldier’s tool.

It was a sarcastic comment regarding the US presidential debates.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

That went right over my head… probably something to do with not being from the US.

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Here.

Hope you enjoy.

Back to topic!
Maybe throwing stars for theifs!

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Scythes is not gonna happen, a scythe is a farming tool, not a weapon of war. At most you can have staves that look like scythes, for the caster professions, which I think already exists.

Morningstar would be pointless, as it’s basically the same as a mace, and a lot of maces already have morningstar skins.

I could see flails (a stick with a chain and a spiked ball), but that’s too similar to maces again.

The most likely weapons I can see coming, is either a two handed axe, or a halberd. Spears already exist as underwater weapons, so they’re not going to come for dry combat.

I can’t really think of any other options apart from twohanded axes and halberds. I don’t know about any other type of weapon that exists in real history and isn’t already covered.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Warrior

Posted by: Abhor.5602

Abhor.5602

Battleaxes (two-handed axe), Katanas, or Scythes/Polearms.

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Scythes is not gonna happen, a scythe is a farming tool, not a weapon of war.

Here’s the thing, Guild Wars had a scythe-wielding profession. Here’s another thing, Guild Wars 2 is in no way reflective of realism or medieval warfare – nor should it be, it’s a fantasy MMORPG.

Scythes would be a cool return if the Dervish came with them, otherwise it should be a Necro weapon more than anything.

Katanas.

Oh please no. If “katanas” are going to be in, they’ll just be regular sword skins – like in the first Guild Wars.

The most likely weapons I can see coming, is either a two handed axe, or a halberd.

If they add them (and that’s an if), it would probably be easiest just to keep them as the same category as two handed axes are essentially polearms anyway.

But we’re not seeing anything for ages.