Daecollo.9578

Please raise its damage in PvE.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Whirling Axe sucks in PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Because we clearly don’t do enough damage in PvE already.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

That is a common misconception because of big numbers, we actually do damage on-par with other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Yeah i never understanded the only pvp damage buff, no one uses it in pvp anyway…

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

use adrenaline before you use the whirling axes, only thing that gives adrenaline faster is the heal skill and signet of precision

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

It already has the same coefficient as a 3 bar Eviscerate. Which has the same damage as Final Thrust when the foe has <50% hp.

As for your “no one uses it in PvE” argument: I am running Sword/Axe and I think it’s awesome. Fills my adrenaline bar in 3 seconds flat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

It already has the same coefficient as a 3 bar Eviscerate. Which has the same damage as Final Thrust when the foe has <50% hp.

As for your “no one uses it in PvE” argument: I am running Sword/Axe and I think it’s awesome. Fills my adrenaline bar in 3 seconds flat.

Sir:
-Evi does that damage in one shot which takes 0.75sec
-Axe chain also does highter damage
- Its not even useful to filling up adrenaline, trait for either sharpening axes or furious, or take both and watch adrenaline jumping like crazy.
-Axe offhand offers nothing, its a trash. If they remove it from warrior i won’t ever notice any difference, that offhand wep doesnt exits to me and to many others out here.

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Based on this guys other posts he doesn’t know what a coefficient is, and even if he did he can’t seem to follow the math in other threads even when it’s provided.

Sir:
- Its not even useful to filling up adrenaline, trait for either sharpening axes or furious, or take both and watch adrenaline jumping like crazy.
-Axe offhand offers nothing, its a trash. If they remove it from warrior i won’t ever notice any difference, that offhand wep doesnt exits to me and to many others out here.

Just because you may not like something that does not change the math behind it. It’s like guardians when you point out that sword aa has better damage than zealouts defense. They don’t get it, but that’s just how it is.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Based on this guys other posts he doesn’t know what a coefficient is, and even if he did he can’t seem to follow the math in other threads even when it’s provided.

Sir:

Just because you may not like something that does not change the math behind it. It’s like guardians when you point out that sword aa has better damage than zealouts defense. They don’t get it, but that’s just how it is.

Show me a video where u killing mobs faster with whirling axe than axe chain. Zealouts at least has utility attached to it – blocking incoming projectiles. What utility whirling have behind damage? And don’t say its adrenaline filling, i actually explained it. Nobody that is serious using axe offhand, if i see actually someone that does i votekick him (in most cases their archievement points are below 3k anyway)

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Sir:

Show me a video where u killing mobs faster with whirling axe than axe chain. Zealouts at least has utility attached to it – blocking incoming projectiles. What utility whirling have behind damage? And don’t say its adrenaline filling, i actually explained it. Nobody that is serious using axe offhand, if i see actually someone that does i votekick him (in most cases their archievement points are below 3k anyway)

So you can’t argue against the numbers, and instead want to argue…what? They serve two different purposes? It would be similar to me saying “show me a video of you killing mobs using your healing signet faster than stomp, if you can’t then healing signet sucks”.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

That is a common misconception because of big numbers, we actually do damage on-par with other classes.

Yeah, sorry, I’ve put 2.5k hours into my warrior, I don’t think there’s any “misconceptions” left.

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah, sorry, I’ve put 2.5k hours into my warrior, I don’t think there’s any “misconceptions” left.

COF path 1 world record was done with 1 warrior in group :P

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Sir:

1. and it also only hits 1 enemy.
  2. So you want to improve an off-hand skill to be superior to the whole of a mainhand autoattack chain?
  3. I am already running Furious with 82% crit rate. And when I ran axe, I ran it with Furious and Sharpened Axes. I find axe offhand very useful at filling up my adrenaline.
  4. For me, Axe offhand is my favorite offhand to use with my Sword.

And let’s be honest here for a moment. The only reason axe offhand supposedly “sucks” is because it’s not the best choice at anything. For damage, Mace is better. For mobility, Warhorn is better. For condition damage, Sword is better. For utility, Shield is better. With that in mind, is the solution really in increasing the damage?

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Sir:

2. So you want to improve an off-hand skill to be superior to the whole of a mainhand autoattack chain?
  3. I am already running Furious with 82% crit rate. And when I ran axe, I ran it with Furious and Sharpened Axes. I find axe offhand very useful at filling up my adrenaline.

And let’s be honest here for a moment. The only reason axe offhand supposedly “sucks” is because it’s not the best choice at anything. For damage, Mace is better. For mobility, Warhorn is better. For condition damage, Sword is better. For utility, Shield is better. With that in mind, is the solution really in increasing the damage?

Yep.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Because we clearly don’t do enough damage in PvE already.

Sorry but you are months old, after all those damage nerf, with 2 thieves as main dps run faster cof1.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

Sir:

sword only does better condition damage when 1v1. axe does better overall then sword for its fury and whirling finisher

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: courgi.7918

courgi.7918

Wow, the OP couldn’t be more wrong. Whirling Axe is key in my favorite PvE spec.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAsXTjgOtwBPGPMxBizjkMFyrUYH3kUMGzA

Try laying down a Combustive Shot then Whirling Axe and watch everything melt. With Sharpened Axes, your adrenaline is topped again once the WA animation is complete.

Its a great ability for those who know how to combo it. The ability is just fine.

(edited by courgi.7918)

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If you have 5 mobs, whirling axe isn’t bad and fills up adrenaline quick.

I wouldn’t mind it doing more damage though but I’m not sure what trait set you are using. I’m not seeing anything out of the 9k range and I’m doing good when I do whirl over 9k.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

&

Sorry but you are months old, after all those damage nerf, with 2 thieves as main dps run faster cof1.

I don’t tend to judge balance on the game’s easiest dungeon path. Stuff the arrogance.

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Damage per SECOND

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Damage per SECOND

Oh come on. Because you totally absolutely completely and utterly cannot use Axe/Axe and get Eviscerate, axe auto-attack and Whirling Axe?

Then again, I suppose trying to make points about adrenaline gain or multihitting to people who swear by a 30/0/0/10/30 metaspec isn’t productive use of my time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Amazing how people are literally defending whirling axe when spamming Axe 1 is much better DPS on top of having an off-hand Mace for vulnerability stacking for quicker dungeon speed runs. I can’t tell if its stupidity or ignorance.

Seriously this skill needs help, its a counter productive skill in PvE and PvP because Axe 1 is just better DPS. It is a clear imbalance within the weapon set, there is no argument if you do the math.

It is just inexcusable that you think this skill is productive when its realistically counter productive.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

Amazing how people are literally defending whirling axe when spamming Axe 1 is much better DPS on top of having an off-hand Mace for vulnerability stacking for quicker dungeon speed runs. I can’t tell if its stupidity or ignorance.

Guess you’re also going to tell me that running Sword MH is dumb as old toast because OMFG IT’S INFERIOR TO AXE, right? And that Warhorn is the kittentiest OH of them all, since IT DOES NO DAMAGE OMFG WTF.

Seriously this skill needs help, its a counter productive skill in PvE and PvP because Axe 1 is just better DPS. It is a clear imbalance within the weapon set, there is no argument if you do the math.

Sword/Axe build. Try it.

Hint: You are not supposed to decide whether a weapon needs help by comparing it to the best choices.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

sword mh and warhorn have utility, axe oh doesn’t.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Could we give it other properties instead of just MOAR DMG?

in Warrior

Olba.5376

sword mh and warhorn have utility, axe oh doesn’t.

Adrenaline gain when combined with Sword MH. Which I have repeated like zillion times now.

And seriously, buffing the damage of Axe OH is not going to solve anything. Say you buff Whirling Axe to be comparable to 100 Blades (meaning ~6x the damage, btw), all that will do is make it switch place with Mace OH as the metaspec choice. And then we’ll be here pondering how to make Mace OH better.

So how about adding something other than damage?

in Warrior

Amir.1570

No seriously, you’re picking whirling axe over Axe 1s and Off-hand Mace for PvE (8% vulnerability which your team can make use of causing quicker and easier dungeon clears) while actually making use of Axe 1s for better DPS. You have much high overall DPS uptime if all you do is 2 > 4 for vulnerability and let the Axe auto attacks do all the work. Whirling Axe is just extremely counter productive that Axe 1s and sitting back while auto-attacking is just more rewarding.

It is beyond inexcusable that a skill like this is being defended.

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

They took away my pew pews ;(. I really hope it’s a bug.

in Warrior

Amir.1570

The argument is apparently “I get more adrenaline from using Whirling Axe for PvE.” Guess what? Healing Surge says hi. Take Healing Surge and then down in combustive shot and spam Axe 1s while stacking vulnerability for more DPS and party might stacking. Maybe even put in burst mastery if you have enough critical rate anyways. Don’t even touch Whirling Axe because this skill is beyond help and in dire need of it.

Did I also mention that Whirling Finishers are RNG and is not reliable?

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

&

I don’t tend to judge balance on the game’s easiest dungeon path. Stuff the arrogance.

your comment is pretty funny because you were talking about pure damage and how warrior is doing too much damage compare to everyone else, cof1 is like one of the closest thing if you are talking about pure damage. i don’t even know why would you comment that, i mean..are you trying to play smart, change the topic to something else and thinking that no one will notice or you just lack common sense?..

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Whirling Axe + Bleed on Crit = good AoE bleeding in PvE, and stacks adrenaline faster than sword skills, allowing you to spam F1 without going a full 30 points into the burst line, which doesn’t really benefit a condition-based PvE warrior build. It also leaves room open for utility and healing skills not devoted to adrenaline gain, and even provides a means of getting some extra fury (and bleeds with a double attack), which also leaves room for more diverse utilities and elites, like the physicals or banners.

It’s not GREAT, but it does have its uses in the right build, even if it is a bit niche. Plus, you can actually tack an “on crit” sigil to it and expect it to proc, unlike most other off-hand weapons for warrior.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

The argument is apparently “I get more adrenaline from using Whirling Axe for PvE.” Guess what? Healing Surge says hi.

Healing Surge: full adrenaline every 30 seconds
Whirling Axe: Full adrenaline every 20 seconds

Also, Whirling Axe comes with some damage.

Take Healing Surge and then down in combustive shot and spam Axe 1s while stacking vulnerability for more DPS and party might stacking.

And what if I’m using Sword MH?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

The argument is apparently “I get more adrenaline from using Whirling Axe for PvE.” Guess what? Healing Surge says hi.

Take Healing Surge and then down in combustive shot and spam Axe 1s while stacking vulnerability for more DPS and party might stacking.

I’m really sorry but Whirling Axe just contributes very very little to any build. I used to run sword/axe as well because “Whirl in fire field omg!” “Adrenaline gain wow!” but that ended months ago once I actually considered what I was missing out on.

The only thing Axe OH contributes is slightly higher adrenaline gain, which I can personally guarantee is not remotely useful even in a condition build with Sword MH because of traits like Furious giving you way more adrenaline than you know what to do with. There’s also Fury, but I don’t think anyone is going to say that’s important.

You are also missing out on the utility other OH weapons provide. Sword OH and Shield have blocks that can be traited to reflect, Warhorn has a blast finisher and can be traited to convert conditions into boons, Mace has vuln for the team and a line knockdown. Taking Axe OH over any of these things is quite detrimental to your team due to neither contributing to your survival nor helping the team in any way. It just grants adrenaline, and does really poor damage.

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

I’m really sorry but Whirling Axe just contributes very very little to any build. I used to run sword/axe as well because “Whirl in fire field omg!” “Adrenaline gain wow!” but that ended months ago once I actually considered what I was missing out on.

The only thing Axe OH contributes is slightly higher adrenaline gain, which I can personally guarantee is not remotely useful even in a condition build with Sword MH because of traits like Furious giving you way more adrenaline than you know what to do with. There’s also Fury, but I don’t think anyone is going to say that’s important.

You are also missing out on the utility other OH weapons provide. Sword OH and Shield have blocks that can be traited to reflect, Warhorn has a blast finisher and can be traited to convert conditions into boons, Mace has vuln for the team and a line knockdown. Taking Axe OH over any of these things is quite detrimental to your team due to neither contributing to your survival nor helping the team in any way. It just grants adrenaline, and does really poor damage.

i’d take Axe OH anytime over Sword offhand except some boss fight which the boss doesnt summon minions. not to mention it does better AoE condition or direction damage.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirl_finisher

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Warrior

Sil.4560

your comment is pretty funny because you were talking about pure damage and how warrior is doing too much damage compare to everyone else, cof1 is like one of the closest thing if you are talking about pure damage. i don’t even know why would you comment that, i mean..are you trying to play smart, change the topic to something else and thinking that no one will notice or you just lack common sense?..

Uh, no, you read only what you wanted to read. Nowhere did I say that warrior is doing too much damage compared to other classes. Maybe you should go back and read what I actually wrote. So much for common sense.

Warrior players are stuck in this mentality that simply adding more damage on top of everything is somehow the solution to all of these different problems, when honestly the class would probably be better served by getting something different for once. We already do great damage in PvE, with cleave. Why does Axe 5 need more of that? Why not give it something else to make it viable, considering changes to it will also come into play in WvW?

(edited by Sil.4560)

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

i’d take Axe OH anytime over Sword offhand except some boss fight which the boss doesnt summon minions. not to mention it does better AoE condition or direction damage.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirl_finisher

I know what a Whirl Finisher is, I even mentioned it in my post. ~5 stacks of ~5s bleeds in an AoE isn’t TERRIBLE, but it’s happening every ~20s and longbow itself provides enough AoE damage to deal with a large majority of trash mobs that OH Axe is once again, rendered useless in it’s niche. Also each burning bolt flies in a random direction and burns for ~1s, and burn being the worst party-oriented condition… half the time you won’t even be dealing damage with it.

in Warrior

Amir.1570

If you’re going to use Sword MH then you might as well go Carrion build in PvE with dual Swords + Long Bow 15/25/0/0/30 so you do both normal damage AND conditions. The burning duration from combustive shot + leap on fire field is enough that you don’t need to extend it via whirling axe and combustive shot. You can just have higher DPS via torment, bleed, burning and power damage if you’re gonna go Sword MH in PvE which doesn’t compare to Axe + Mace and Long Bow (30/0/0/10/30) anyways in speed run builds.

I don’t even know why I argue with people who refuse to do math (borderline can’t) just by looking at things and actually perceive legitimate imbalance..

I mean look at Axe 1 chain:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chop – 252 base damage (1/4 casting time)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Double_Chop – 538 base damage (1/2 casting time)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triple_Chop – 838 base damage (1 and 1/2 casting time)

1626 total damage within an approximate 2 and 3/4 to 3 second casting time for the full chain including the delay near the end.

Compared to Whirling Axe:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe – 1005 base damage for its casting time.

3 and 1/2 second for approximately 60% less of the total Axe 1 chain.

It is inexcusable and incompetent to say Whirling Axe is fine compared to Axe auto attack.

Sword Axe might have a place in PvP, but in PvE? Do the math. There is no argument.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in Warrior

Amir.1570

Don’t get me wrong, everything works well in PvE. But to say Whirling Axe is something to be amazed about is just wrong and you should feel wrong.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Agreed, they should increase the damage. The skills main purpose was probably to lay down massive procs with its 15x hits, but impossible with internal cooldowns now.

Pretty fun to use though.

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

Omg world record COF p1 was done with 2 thieves… warriors are bad now.
Seriously? That’s like saying “Oh I’ll only be happy if the world record COF p1 is done with 5 warriors huehuehue.”

That’s nothing like saying that. It’s a direct contradiction of the still-existing myth that Warriors are the highest DPS class, which is no longer true. It has nothing to do with his personal opinions.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

If you’re going to use Sword MH then you might as well go Carrion build in PvE with dual Swords + Long Bow 15/25/0/0/30 so you do both normal damage AND conditions. The burning duration from combustive shot + leap on fire field is enough that you don’t need to extend it via whirling axe and combustive shot. You can just have higher DPS via torment, bleed, burning and power damage if you’re gonna go Sword MH in PvE which doesn’t compare to Axe + Mace and Long Bow (30/0/0/10/30) anyways in speed run builds.

I wouldn’t do 15/25/0/0/30 if I was you. The 15 point minor trait still doesn’t work with Flurry, so with a Sword MH it’s a waste of 5 points. I would go x/30/x/x/30.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Could we give it other properties instead of just MOAR DMG?

Make it and cyclone axe an evade like whirlwind attack on GS, and/or reflect projectiles (maybe traited so that those moves reflect projectiles in addition to evade?)

in Warrior

Amir.1570

Flurry bug has been fixed. And obviously for you, you might as well take furious (30 points in arms) and drop off-hand Axe because its just counter productive.

in Warrior

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Yeah i never understanded the only pvp damage buff, no one uses it in pvp anyway…

1.) understanded isn’t a word.
2.) Atleast one person uses Whirling Axe in PvP. I know that for a fact. Your statement is a lie.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

It’s more designed to be used on groups, so I hope this complaint isn’t based on a 1v1 scenario.

In any case, I still think they should add a projectile reflect/block to whirling axe to give it some utility. It could even work as a bit of a shield alternative that way. Although that might want a higher cooldown, maybe 25-30 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

It is just inexcusable that you think this skill is productive when its realistically counter productive.

I like the animation, especially with a fire field. I only use it in PvE and in PvE, who really cares? I wouldn’t mind a bit of extra damage but I’m not going to stop using it just because of that.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Warrior

Amir.1570

^I just don’t like how this one guy talks as if Whirling Axe is something to be amazed about. Yes you are able to play what ever you want in PvE, still be successful and enjoy it. I definitely agree with that.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

^I just don’t like how this one guy talks as if Whirling Axe is something to be amazed about. Yes you are able to play what ever you want in PvE, still be successful and enjoy it. I definitely agree with that.

I never said that.

I just don’t agree that it outright sucks. It has its uses.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I guess best balance to offhand weps would be like that:

Axe – low utility, great aoe dmg
Sword – medium utility, medium dmg
Mace – medium utility, medium dmg
Shield – great utility, low dmg
Warhorn – great utility to group, no dmg

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Has anyone else noticed the whirl finisher on whirling axe not working?