Why Does Adrenaline Seem So Unimportant?

in Warrior

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Sorry if this seems noobish, but this has been something that has bothered me for a pretty long time.

I’ll get to it:
Adrenaline is the Warrior mechanic, right? Why is it that it only affects four things: three traits, all of which are pretty passive, and your f1 skill?
Every other class’s baseline mechanic is pretty much what the class is centered around, with mesmers having various tricks involving illusions, elementalists having to manage their different elements, guardians having to manage passive self boosts over party burst support etc., but with Warriors, it sort of feels like a sideline boost which only really has one purpose, which is charging up your burst skill.

Even having all the traits just makes it like a sigil, in that you temporarily trade passive boosts for a short burst.

Thoughts?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spikecaster.5396

Spikecaster.5396

Depends on your build honestly, for example Cleansing Ire or Building Momentum doesn’t look like passive adrenaline mechanics to me tbh. Never really liked full adrenaline builds except dungeon rushes.

Duaje [PunK]/Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I don’t know how you are counting, but from what I can see, there’s a total of 11 traits that work around adrenaline, not 3.

And from what I can see, the warrior is centered around adrenaline, with Greatsword being the only exception. With pretty much every other weapon, the burst skill is in a defining role.

in Warrior

Posted by: mahariel.4981

mahariel.4981

15%+ damage modifier and eviscerating for extra endurance? I assure you, adrenaline is very important.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) | [LOD]
MorrĂ¯ Mahariel | Serah Mahariel | MorrĂ¯
A bunch of amateur solos from yours truly

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

I mean comparitively to other classes’ mechanics, where literally everything the class does is affected by it and works in conjunction with it, while with the warrior it seems that you just get up to two passive boosts from having it if you trait that way, and one skill per weapon that depends on how much you use with a trait that makes it cleanse conditions.
Not trying to suggest any changes to it, it certainly makes the class more unique to be so straightforwards, I was more wondering if adrenaline has as little comparitive import as it seems.
@Olba, I was talking less about adrenaline generation that about what it actually does. There are many ways to get adrenaline and many ways to increase its generation, but it seems to me like there are a very limited number of things it actually does.

EDIT: I think my title was somewhat misleading, sorry about that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

i dont know for sure what you are aiming at, supposed if its just working for one trait “Cleansing Ire”, adrenaline is super important.

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

I guess what I’m trying to say is that for other classes, EVERYTHING relies on their mechanic, and revolves around it, and for warriors it doesn’t, from an outsider’s perspective, have the same effect on warriors because its only interaction with your other attacks/utilities is building more of it.
This lead me to think that, because it has no direct effect on any skill outside of your burst skill, that it must be less important.
It appears that this is not the case, however. Thank you for clearing that up.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

If you’re classifying the F1(-F4) skills as the “class mechanic” then Mesmer illusions and Guardian boons are not their mechanics. That would be shatters and virtues.

In addition…
Engineer does not revolve on Toolbelt (except 1 build)
Thief does not revolve around Steal
Mesmer does not always revolve around Shatters

Warrior’s adrenaline and use there-of is actually quite prevalent. Plenty of traits to boost not only the effectiveness of the F1 skills, but ways to make it quicker to be ready (build adrenaline). Not to mention that each weapon’s F1 skill complements the style of each weapon (burst, control, etc).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Warrior

P Fun Daddy.1208

Thief always revolves around initiative
Mesmers always revolve around illusions
Elementalists always revolve around attunement
At first glance, warrior does not always revolve around adrenaline, but from your responses that does not appear to be the case. Again, thank you for clearing that up.