Why Some Won't Share LB Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I came across a LB warrior in WvW who seemed to be doing well but refused to share his build, he said Anet will nurf the build…

I tried to guess his build from watching him play but not sure:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcONvJPCPMxBE0jroKEwzjkYKIPVh5A-jUCBIMCyUgBiKAO5Jj5QDRteqIas6FYqTER1+DFRrWKgIGDA-w

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Honestly, I don’t get all the craze about longbow..

Longbow 1 is slow and tracking is kinda unreliable
2 is only decent in melee range.
3 is good in power builds, but landing it agains any competent opponent really relies on hoping to land 5 and then hoping that the person has no blinks. I.e best against other warriors
4 is pretty decent long blind. Mostly good against slow attacking melee types: warriors
5 nice immob and bleeds. Since it’s not a stun most classes can clean it fast. Also cd on that is way too long.

Apart from the blind and the snare, the longbow has no defensive capabilities. And also no movement skills. I can see fire field being decent in point clearing in spvp, but for roaming good people are not going to stand inside. For zerging it has always worked great, but anything works there.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Honestly, I don’t get all the craze about longbow..

Longbow 1 is slow and tracking is kinda unreliable
2 is only decent in melee range.
3 is good in power builds, but landing it agains any competent opponent really relies on hoping to land 5 and then hoping that the person has no blinks. I.e best against other warriors
4 is pretty decent long blind. Mostly good against slow attacking melee types: warriors
5 nice immob and bleeds. Since it’s not a stun most classes can clean it fast. Also cd on that is way too long.

Apart from the blind and the snare, the longbow has no defensive capabilities. And also no movement skills. I can see fire field being decent in point clearing in spvp, but for roaming good people are not going to stand inside. For zerging it has always worked great, but anything works there.

It’s because it’s warrior’s only actually decent ranged weapon with AoE and optionally condi

All the things that make up the meta right now. AoE spam, condi spam, kiting around so you don’t get hit by melee.

OH and also the sole owner of the one burst skill that can reliable proc Cleansing Ire. That’s a big one. The rest of the bursts are melee susceptible to kiting, blind, etc etc..

in Warrior

Posted by: Inevitable.8920

Inevitable.8920

Warrior Longbow, Axe/Warhorn CRP build

Use this build in WvW its awesome. Props to doc for making the video on his build.

Death and Taxes [DnT] – Inevitable

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I use an untraited LB to defend against WvW sieges. F1, #3 and #4 are great. And by defend I mean tag everything so if we win I get lots of bags

LB #1 is great for building up adrenaline since its a x2 shot.

in Warrior

Posted by: aathomas.4638

aathomas.4638

I came across a LB warrior in WvW who seemed to be doing well but refused to share his build, he said Anet will nurf the build…

I don’t blame him, now that people are finally starting to realize/share the power of using stun + Unsuspecting Foe + GS/Axe Burst, allowing one to effectively be more tanky while still producing heavy burst, it is probably only a matter of time before the trait is moved to a Master or Grandmaster slot that will ruin builds that people have been using since release.

Grumpy Jugo
[AZRG]
Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

I don’t blame him, now that people are finally starting to realize/share the power of using stun + Unsuspecting Foe + GS/Axe Burst, allowing one to effectively be more tanky while still producing heavy burst, it is probably only a matter of time before the trait is moved to a Master or Grandmaster slot that will ruin builds that people have been using since release.

You didnt bother to read OP???

or

You r troll, OP asked about LB but ur answer is: “using stun + Unsuspecting Foe + GS/Axe Burst”

in Warrior

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

You didnt bother to read OP???

or

You r troll, OP asked about LB but ur answer is: “using stun + Unsuspecting Foe + GS/Axe Burst”

That was constructive criticism , that was the premise of what the OP talked about..you’re having issue comprehending. All the builds that been nerfed have been cookie cutted , so to cut down on it people withheld.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

I tried to guess his build from watching him play but not sure:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcONvJPCPMxBE0jroKEwzjkYKIPVh5A-jUCBIMCyUgBiKAO5Jj5QDRteqIas6FYqTER1+DFRrWKgIGDA-w

I think you were getting trolled. There are enough warriors theorycrafting and sharing that some “super secret build” is unlikely to exist. Sometimes players find little nuggets of coolness that may slightly enhance a build, but it won’t make or break you.

One example was the Sundering Mace bug that was recently fixed. Although the tooltip had been changed from beta, they never removed the apply weakness on crit effect, and therefore, it went unnoticed by many warriors that, in a high crit build, mace could easily maintain +15% damage and 100% uptime on weakness. The fact that a lot of people never talked about it is a testament to it not being a game changing tidbit. Meanwhile, mesmers porting through tower walls started as a trickle and within days became the hottest thing since sliced bread because it WAS game changing. If there really is a “Loch Ness” warrior build out there, it’ll pop up.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Just a reminder that Stronger Bowstrings (increased longbow range) is still bugged and reduces the damage of the #1 attack.

There are a variety of longbow builds, but you usually want to go with either 30 in Arms or 30 in Discipline to increase your adrenaline throughput (extra adrenaline on crit or reduced burst ability cost). You want to be spamming your burst ability (F1 ability) as much as possible in WvW battles. And always at least 15 in Discipline for Fast Hands. Additionally, it works best with high power and precision.

For weapon swap, sword and axe mainhand are both popular, as they give you burst. Sword gives you more mobility whereas axe is more damage for finishing off someone. Off-hand can be warhorn (you should trait 20 in Tactics for Quick Breathing if you use it) or shield. You can also play around with off-hand sword since Riposte no longer ends if it blocks a ranged attack.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Cleansing Ire+LB combustive shot is kittening strong. It doesn’t need to hit anyone so you can use it while running away form someone to take condi’s off of you. They might eventually nurf this though… for one reason or the other -.-

But if you run some crit damage with it, In this video I run at 50% crit damage, and you have a sword, you’ll be hitting 800+1k bleeds every hit almost. It’s probably the strongest burst I’ve ever seen. It’s not predictable too. If you land your initiation with pin down and have a full bar of adren, the fight is practically over by the time you swap to sword lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

To my surprise, OP, I tried out longbow without specing for it and found it is actually very powerful – most of all due to #3 and the adrenaline skill. The others are decent, but you can do some serious burst damage with those (with burst here I mainly mean high amount of damage in like 5 seconds, as opposed to high amount of damage in 1-3 hits.)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

If I was said warrior I’d run something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcOtwBPGPMxBEkiroKOKSipQ9wO2w4A-jEyAYLBZySgIEwJwioxWBLiGruGT5SEVbvLiWNA-w

Your bow is what you’ll be using most of the time so I feel I can afford To be more damage oriented. It’s a decent build to be sure, but I’ve never been a fan of people refusing to share builds, especially since it isn’t like it’s that hard to figure out if you’ve ever done Warrior theorycrafting.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Cempa.5619

If I was said warrior I’d run something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcOtwBPGPMxBEkiroKOKSipQ9wO2w4A-jEyAYLBZySgIEwJwioxWBLiGruGT5SEVbvLiWNA-w

Your bow is what you’ll be using most of the time so I feel I can afford To be more damage oriented. It’s a decent build to be sure, but I’ve never been a fan of people refusing to share builds, especially since it isn’t like it’s that hard to figure out if you’ve ever done Warrior theorycrafting.

Thats a really good looking build, thanks. The crit and crit dmg with 23xx power /w food and 16xx toughness but 18khp is high, I imagine that setup would put a world of hurt pretty quick like.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

im sorry but stun+unsuspecting foe + gs/axe is old news.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

im sorry but stun+unsuspecting foe + gs/axe is old news.

Yup, it’s Mace that is the new hottness

But it’s not like it’s super hot, just nice in some instances.

And Sword is getting some spotlight as well. Maybe someday, off-hand Sword will be the new hottness. I’ve used dual swords since way back when I started the game when I found out I didn’t like Greatsword’s style.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

With some of the people populating this board, I feel no need to share builds . I’ll also mention that most of those begging for builds right now are the very same scrubs that said any gameplay other than fullzerk wasn’t worth the bother. Which goes to show…

I’ll leave the one tip that’s the most important in this thread tho : 1200 longbow is CRITICAL because it turns your basic shots into 100% finishers.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

in Warrior

Cempa.5619

So 0/0/20/20/30? Stat distribution? How much condo and power would you aim for?

Or:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejgOtwJPGPMRCAkirq6UIJ1j5sLuUhzA-jEyA4MBZ6DMRIQpwioxWFLiGriBTdSEV7QKiWtQALGDA-w

(edited by Cempa.5619)

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

To my surprise, OP, I tried out longbow without specing for it and found it is actually very powerful – most of all due to #3 and the adrenaline skill. The others are decent, but you can do some serious burst damage with those (with burst here I mainly mean high amount of damage in like 5 seconds, as opposed to high amount of damage in 1-3 hits.)

Don’t forget that the LB burst goes brilliantly with Cleansing Ire as you don’t need to hit someone to remove conditions. Awesome when you’ve got blind on you as well.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

With some of the people populating this board, I feel no need to share builds . I’ll also mention that most of those begging for builds right now are the very same scrubs that said any gameplay other than fullzerk wasn’t worth the bother. Which goes to show…

I’ll leave the one tip that’s the most important in this thread tho : 1200 longbow is CRITICAL because it turns your basic shots into 100% finishers.

…..Stronger Bowstrings still reduces Dual Shot damage by 10%…

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

And you still dont get it. Shoot 2×100% finishers thru combushot and every #1 puts 2 fireprocs on the guy. Fan a guy at closerange in combushot and you effectively can put up to 12 seconds of burn on him (3 shots doing 2sec burn + 3 combos for 2s burn).

But no. OBVIOUSLY I’m the nub because the pewpews themselves do 40 less damage ?

Get real. 1200 bow is key.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

(edited by Kaga.7629)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

My bunker longbow is better than my BM ranger is or was.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

And you still dont get it. Shoot 2×100% finishers thru combushot and every #1 puts 2 fireprocs on the guy. Fan a guy at closerange in combushot and you effectively can put up to 12 seconds of burn on him (3 shots doing 2sec burn + 3 combos for 2s burn).

But no. OBVIOUSLY I’m the nub because the pewpews themselves do 40 less damage ?

Get real. 1200 bow is key.

Those 20 points in Tactics are too big a investment. Bow’s strength is being able to “spam” combustive shot, so the optimal load-out would be like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcOtwBPGPMxBEkiroKOKUipQ9wO2w4A-TsAg0CvIMSZkzIjRSjsGNsYRxGBA

I suppose you could run something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAT8ejcOtwBPGPMxBEkiroKUPsjNMOSKODzA-TsAg0CvIMSZkzIjRSjsGNsYRxGBA

…but I still can’t say the range is all that important. Arcing shot is easier to hit at close range and Fan of Fire is best in melee range as well. We’re warriors, not rangers and while the range is nice I can’t say it’s worth the investment.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

After DD ele got nerfed into the ground I realized if you run a powerful build or even suspect it is OP its better not to share it. Bandwagons kill this game’s meta. I also believe unsuspecting will get nerfed or maces stun brought down if the trend actually picks up.

There is another thing. Never demand someone share their build. Fact is if they took the time to come up with it they have no obligation to tell you anything about it. Often it is good to share but sometimes you just do not want to.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: Skavian.9863

Skavian.9863

I’m sort of curious why you wouldn’t go 30 Arms for Adrenaline triple crit – not only does it allow you to spam Burst more but it also gives you native condition damage and precision for the trait points as well. The extra burning from Strings is nice – unkitten on Duration is needed to keep stacking Might – in which case stacked might when roaming solo is pretty awesome and easy to keep up I might add.

You also get Attacks of Opportunity in Arms which is a flat 10% damage against bleeding foes as well – and both weapons apply bleeds with the Arms 5 trait (swords does naturally, Longbow 5 too) – you can take Sword 10% Crit which is great as well if you’re confident landing Final Thrust – it hits hard. You also get to choose between Rending Strikes or 50% longer bleeds – so a condition cover that’s great if they don’t cleanse or longer bleeds.

Either way, thanks for the video.

edit: I just figured out Burning Arrows tooltip is bugged. I guess it’s pretty much just a matter of preference. Might stacking would be so easy/fun with the reduced CD.

(edited by Skavian.9863)

in Warrior

Posted by: Stratos.4906

Stratos.4906

After DD ele got nerfed into the ground I realized if you run a powerful build or even suspect it is OP its better not to share it. Bandwagons kill this game’s meta. I also believe unsuspecting will get nerfed or maces stun brought down if the trend actually picks up.

There is another thing. Never demand someone share their build. Fact is if they took the time to come up with it they have no obligation to tell you anything about it. Often it is good to share but sometimes you just do not want to.

You know I always wondered about this. If a build becomes too popular is the end result from ANet to reduce it’s power and attempt to bring other builds in line? If this truly is the case perhaps you could understand that someone would not want to share a build that is both effective and makes them happy.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m sort of curious why you wouldn’t go 30 Arms for Adrenaline triple crit – not only does it allow you to spam Burst more but it also gives you native condition damage and precision for the trait points as well. The extra burning from Strings is nice – unkitten on Duration is needed to keep stacking Might – in which case stacked might when roaming solo is pretty awesome and easy to keep up I might add.

You also get Attacks of Opportunity in Arms which is a flat 10% damage against bleeding foes as well – and both weapons apply bleeds with the Arms 5 trait (swords does naturally, Longbow 5 too) – you can take Sword 10% Crit which is great as well if you’re confident landing Final Thrust – it hits hard. You also get to choose between Rending Strikes or 50% longer bleeds – so a condition cover that’s great if they don’t cleanse or longer bleeds.

Either way, thanks for the video.

edit: I just figured out Burning Arrows tooltip is bugged. I guess it’s pretty much just a matter of preference. Might stacking would be so easy/fun with the reduced CD.

I’ve done a little bit of testing with 30 in arms vs 30 in dis. With Burst Master Combustive Shot did more damage on average while gaining adren just as fast AND with only a 7 and 3/4th second cooldown.

You could get silly and go super might stacking like this :P

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBMhNakzpFO4x4hJOgcUkETh6hdshxRShYwGA-TsAg0CnI0RFkLIjOycs5MEZJyECA

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

So I have a warrior longbow build and I like it in wvw as I get a fair amount of badges. But I believe my ranger roommate with his longbow build gets more. Now this is tough to judge because we dont play always play at the same time and when we do we dont always run in the zerg together but it seems that when I run in the zerg I get about 20 badges an hour and I think when he runs with the zerg he gets about 30 to 40. If my goal is to get badges should I tweak my build, finish leveling my ranger, or roll a necro?

my build:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4RK-Q0b4NL-60;9;5JJ-T;104-18;257AL-V0b;9n-Fz0-gYB0;0Vp-wWz12Z8_E5930C70H;9;9;9;9;3kkkkkkV

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche