Why blinds why?

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

What did I ever do to incur your wrath, Blinds?

Why did you have to this to me?

Where did we go wrong?

I remember you clinging to me all the time in combat, but a shrug from my auto attack would dispense of you. Yet the speed at which you were applied to me made it seem balanced (all be it, difficult with slow weapons).

But now Blinds, why? why are you so mean!

Now if you’re white on ricing me I have to find someone to poke to get rid of you.
Now many attacks feel so futile, it’s like you really don’t want me to play with my friends.

Why blinds why?

I hate you so.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

It’s really, really really bad. And the worst part is people are still catching onto how OP this is right now.

Give it a week. Then take a break until they patch it.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

Blinds already a strong condition? I know, lets buff it! Logic, it does not exist here.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Blindness should not affect AOE shouts.
please fix this.

i.e. Fear Me! should never miss with blindness.

On My Mark! should hit nearest random target if blindness is applied.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Reckless dodge is pointless now that blinds only removed is in range.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Blinds already a strong condition? I know, lets buff it! Logic, it does not exist here.

I remember GW1 blind. 90% chance to miss for ~10 seconds. GW2 blind isn’t op.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

Exactly!!! (i actually wish GW1 blind is back)

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Exactly!!! (i actually wish GW1 blind is back)

but that would be too powerful.

at the moment, blindness is kinda like a reverse aegis.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

Talk about a slower game where focus fire is the only way you’re killing everyone and try to compare debuffs of the same name as if there’s no difference in the way the rest of the game is balanced.

Makes sense mang.

And yes, screw blinds to hell. >.>

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Katran.9186

Talk about a slower game where focus fire is the only way you’re killing everyone

U wot m8

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

TheMerc.4850

U wot m8

That’s how most of the " well back in MY DAY in GW1, we had to walk miles in the snow and focus fire to kill anyone, blah blah blah" veterans describe 1 when they whine about the game being fast paced compared to the first.

Basically it boils down to: different game is different.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Different does not equal better though.
Besides, condition applying and removal were/are on a completely diff level in GW1.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

please fix this.

Yeah bugged. Ground targeted AoE should just hit somewhere else the ground nearby but still hitting targets in the AoE range. Point Blank AoE should never miss. Only the directly targeted skills should miss. And only if you need to aim them like a gun or something like that(projectile).

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Katran.9186

That’s how most of the " well back in MY DAY in GW1, we had to walk miles in the snow and focus fire to kill anyone, blah blah blah"

Veterans of Zaishen Elite? PVP wasn’t uniform. It could be slow but it could be very quick, though. Watch some tournaments. In the middle of the fight speed was growing askitten.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

TheMerc.4850

Veterans of Zaishen Elite? PVP wasn’t uniform. It could be slow but it could be very quick, though. Watch some tournaments. In the middle of the fight speed was growing askitten.

Honestly, no frickin clue as to what they were talking about as I haven’t played the first.

I just didn’t think bringing up how good or bad something was in another game is even relevant or helpful to the discussion, but I’ve already helped derail the thread anyhow so meh.

Still have a special place my heart for this new blind, bleh.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

I don’t understand this whole blind thing. Before the patch everyone could auto-attack the air and clear the blind? Then such a change was needed, just how, a few months back, blind wouldn’t negate basilisk venom until that was fixed aswell.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

@kaplis

standing ovation! Nothing more to add here

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Please consider that not all classes attack at the speed of light.

For those that can, Blinds meant nothing to them.

For Warriors where our survivability is now tied to our Burst on a 10sec CD (it has to land), and that many of our weapon attacks have a .5-1second cast time (even auto attacks). Blinds are extremely detrimental to our ability to even land many attacks.

Once you factor in the speed at which blinds can be re-applied it only makes it more difficult for us now to land utilities, burst or even certain auto attacks.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Is this bug fix yet? I mean why does it have to wait so long? Be done with it already or I’ll just have to play on my prof that gives blind and make players get frustrated. If that’s what you want then I’ll be happy to do that until it is fix.

Pineapples

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

please fix this.

This. Blinds should only make attacks that deal damage miss. Fear Me is not an attack. It deals no damage. Blinds shouldn’t affect it.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

With all due respect moderator, just because someone mention about warriors skills doesn’t make it a warrior thread topic. It is a overall issue for many professions so it should of stayed in the structured pvp thread.

Pineapples

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Is this bug fix yet? I mean why does it have to wait so long? Be done with it already or I’ll just have to play on my prof that gives blind and make players get frustrated. If that’s what you want then I’ll be happy to do that until it is fix.

blind change was a bug fix

apparently, anet dont want warrioirs to have eyes

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

This is an overall issue for all professions because even for beginner players that enters in Spvp not knowing about what condition removals are will go through this dilemma. Next thing you know they will lose interest which probably would happen.

If that was a bug fix then that is really a bad mechanic. I have to hit the target to see again or wait til the duration wears off?

Pineapples

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

A few things:

1. People are trying to apply real-world logic to how the game mechanic works, and that’s ridiculous. Please stop, it helps no one and doesn’t provide anything resembling a legitimate argument.

2. The purpose of Blind is so you “Miss” the next attack you make. That being said, I’m really, really, really surprised they went through the trouble to distinguish between an attack that would land but now “Misses”, as opposed to an attack made out of range that misses, like an auto-attack.

For those who don’t understand, here’s a common situation for someone like me, who uses, I don’t know, let’s pick a Warrior weapon at random:

Hammer.

I’m at range against a player, closing in. I have various forms of initiation, the most popular for me being Earthshaker. I’m closing in on a target, and he blinds me.

What do I do? I take a moment to swing, then I’m ready to initiate. The fault lies on the opposing player for blinding me at a dumb moment, and I clear it, then Earthshaker him into a damage chain.

Enter: Blind Change. Now I’m blinded for multiple seconds, and the opposing player’s dumb play pays off, because I’m stuck in a terrible position now.

I could Bull’s Charge to close distance, but that’s a 45 second cooldown that will not hit.

I could switch to GS and Rush, but that’s a solid chunk of damage as well that won’t hit (and is also reserved to help counter the high mobility of… most other classes, to catch back up after I’m already up ins).

I could Earthshaker anyway, but it misses and no one cares, then it’s on a 7 second cooldown (for now, which isn’t bad, but still sucks).

I could do a number of things, but here’s the problem:

Blind is now mindless, and skill-less. If I get blinded from range, it’s now “You can’t initiate, sucks bro”, instead of “Whoops, used that at the wrong time and it did nothing, I should probably learn how to play the game”.

For those who blind mid-animation or otherwise use it in intelligent situations, nothing really changes for them. The long tail of worse players just had their days made intensely easier, and most probably don’t even know why.

Makes me sad.

EDIT – In fact, I’m kind of surprised I don’t see anything about reverting Blind in the Suggestions forum. I only got to play with it for a night of silly buggering around WvW, and in that limited time, I was intensely annoyed by how “fire and forget” it was. Removal of counterplay is just

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

TheMerc.4850

Hah it got moved to the warrior forum. Well that’s lame.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

A few things:

1. People are trying to apply real-world logic to how the game mechanic works, and that’s ridiculous. Please stop, it helps no one and doesn’t provide anything resembling a legitimate argument.

2. The purpose of Blind is so you “Miss” the next attack you make. That being said, I’m really, really, really surprised they went through the trouble to distinguish between an attack that would land but now “Misses”, as opposed to an attack made out of range that misses, like an auto-attack.

For those who don’t understand, here’s a common situation for someone like me, who uses, I don’t know, let’s pick a Warrior weapon at random:

Hammer.

I’m at range against a player, closing in. I have various forms of initiation, the most popular for me being Earthshaker. I’m closing in on a target, and he blinds me.

What do I do? I take a moment to swing, then I’m ready to initiate. The fault lies on the opposing player for blinding me at a dumb moment, and I clear it, then Earthshaker him into a damage chain.

Enter: Blind Change. Now I’m blinded for multiple seconds, and the opposing player’s dumb play pays off, because I’m stuck in a terrible position now.

I could Bull’s Charge to close distance, but that’s a 45 second cooldown that will not hit.

I could switch to GS and Rush, but that’s a solid chunk of damage as well that won’t hit (and is also reserved to help counter the high mobility of… most other classes, to catch back up after I’m already up ins).

I could Earthshaker anyway, but it misses and no one cares, then it’s on a 7 second cooldown (for now, which isn’t bad, but still sucks).

I could do a number of things, but here’s the problem:

Blind is now mindless, and skill-less. If I get blinded from range, it’s now “You can’t initiate, sucks bro”, instead of “Whoops, used that at the wrong time and it did nothing, I should probably learn how to play the game”.

For those who blind mid-animation or otherwise use it in intelligent situations, nothing really changes for them. The long tail of worse players just had their days made intensely easier, and most probably don’t even know why.

Makes me sad.

EDIT – In fact, I’m kind of surprised I don’t see anything about reverting Blind in the Suggestions forum. I only got to play with it for a night of silly buggering around WvW, and in that limited time, I was intensely annoyed by how “fire and forget” it was. Removal of counterplay is just

Sounds like an l2p issue to me.

gotcha! haha I think they’ll change it back sometime soon. Give it 2 months and it should be okay LOL

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Callahan: To be honest, part of it IS an L2P issue. I only had one night with it, and not all classes really use it, so it was more basing it on the feels of the new mechanism. No one hits the top of their game in a single day (regardless of what they say), so I’ll probably think of ways to deal with it. Just feels like a sad.

Also, in defense of the change, this could be how they wanted Blind to work all along. As someone put it, it’s an inverse Aegis, and Aegis doesn’t get removed when you just swing at someone with it on. However, they better have their tuning forks out, because I don’t think life is what they thought it would be. At the very least, if they want to keep it this way, they can now balance around it, instead of trying to deal with it how it was.

Though in my opinion, it was fine how it was, because it punished poor use.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azrayl.4936

Azrayl.4936

I don’t understand this whole blind thing. Before the patch everyone could auto-attack the air and clear the blind? Then such a change was needed, just how, a few months back, blind wouldn’t negate basilisk venom until that was fixed aswell.

In GW2 with limited weapon buttons to use, every attack counts. No, you shouldn’t be able to clear blind if you are attacking the air. However, you should be able to clear blind when your auto attack is in range of an enemy.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

In GW2 with limited weapon buttons to use, every attack counts. No, you shouldn’t be able to clear blind if you are attacking the air. However, you should be able to clear blind when your auto attack is in range of an enemy.

Oh a blind sympathizer. You should be tried for treason. This mechanic is now so disgusting it’s kittening sad. fix your kitten anet. it’s pathetic.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

They just need to make Thief’s blind to have a 10 sec ICD and Necro’s Plague Form blind to have a 5 sec ICD. Problem solved.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Posted by: beastahead.9732

beastahead.9732

Why not adding a debuff like “Reavealed” against Stealth to Blind? Blind will still be there, but wont be so Overpowered.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

TheMerc.4850

Wouldn’t be so bad if the duration was more inline with how they should be used, as counters. Most are 3-5 seconds long and stack in duration.

Why blinds why?

in Warrior

Brutalistik.6473

That doesn’t make sense. Can you please elaborate why after June 25th, 2013 patch blind cpndition can’t be clear when you attack. Why does it have to be cleared when hitting the enemy? For those professions that can do it instantly such as black powder will always have an advantage in fights / team fights.

Pineapples