Why can't you balance warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Peter.5347

Peter.5347

This game is a TRAVESTY.
Seriously I just don’t understand what is WRONG with you people. It’s like you’re terrified of warriors being good. It would be so easy to just slap on some overpowered traits like you give to everyone else. “Automatically block when this happens, Give yourself protection and regen when this happens, blind everyone around you when this happens.” Why don’t warriors have ANYTHING LIKE THIS when you just hand them out like candy to the other classes? It just doesn’t make sense how insanely incompetent you are at balancing this class. Just give up and hire a different company to come in and balance this game for you before you run it even further into the ground. I have never been so consistently upset with a company. I feel personally offended that you’re so bad at this. Either you’re just inhumanly incapable of doing your jobs or you just don’t care. Both are completely unacceptable.

These “buffs” you gave out to warriors are laughable. You really think some more regen is going to help us survive? Everyone is doing burst and killing people in half a second while avoiding damage completely, IE Thief, Dragonhunter, mesmers, insert every other class here. So you think its completely reasonable for warriors to have to face tank everything while also doing less damage than these classes? But its okay because you heal over time? Are you guys smoking crack up your asses???? You think this regen is going to help at all when condis are so strong and we can’t remove them fast enough? Also, why would you put one of our strongest options to fight conditions, the active on the healing signet, ON THE HEALING SIGNET? Why doesn’t mending have that passive or something? So you want to buff the regen on the healing signet and expect us to rely on it, but then put that active on it? That’s horrible design.

WE DON’T NEED MORE HEALING. STOP BUFFING HEALING. We don’t need more damage buffs either. We need changes to the traits. The traits need to have more things that proc that benefit us defensively. Look at the scrapper trait lines or the dragonhunter trait lines if you don’t understand what I’m saying or you need inspiration. It shouldn’t be that hard.

I don’t even care if this came across like BabyRage because that’s exactly what it is. Anet hurt my feelings. This is just mean. And I don’t care if people are picking warrior for a week or two in tournament to test things out. Don’t try to tell me that means they are fine. We all know they will give up in a week or so after getting stomped out enough times…

(edited by Peter.5347)

in Warrior

Posted by: Arddyn.7683

Arddyn.7683

I too feel disappointed with warrior as it has been before and after the changes, but I do not believe they read these forums, either that or they just really don’t give a kitten.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Did you read this yet?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-Balance-Skills-Traits

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SHhAr84r7L7sKK4B_hfHxBWp5cgt3fsLAh0EvlDUKnQ/edit#gid=852159247

I’m looking for constructive feedback. Feel free to leave some. I’m hoping ArenaNet uses this template for future profession analysis instead of arbitrary number fixing.

in Warrior

Peter.5347

Anet doesn’t read this forum and doesn’t care at all about the effort you’re putting in. I just need somewhere to vent with people that get what I’m talking about.

in Warrior

Peter.5347

I’m pretty sure they know this game is dying and they just want to cash out and ride it out until it dies

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Did you read this yet?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-Balance-Skills-Traits

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SHhAr84r7L7sKK4B_hfHxBWp5cgt3fsLAh0EvlDUKnQ/edit#gid=852159247

I’m looking for constructive feedback. Feel free to leave some. I’m hoping ArenaNet uses this template for future profession analysis instead of arbitrary number fixing.

Lets hope not, or if you people want every power based weapon to get nerfed for no good reason to Condi burst.

Remember, only constructive feedback that he likes will be seen.

Read what you wrote on my thread- you were just whining how you hate something instead of explaining what was wrong with it. In any case, I fixed the damage calculation formula for gun flame and arc divider.

you

OK.. some trait idea’s are nice and some weapon stuff.. but some other stuff i really hate!

Nerf to GS trait :-(
Nerf to GS Arc divider (60% dmg nerf to get more condi? lol its a power weapon! my god this skill cant do more then 1000 dmg? hahah tjeez yes lets get GS so i can apply some bleeding and do kitten burst.

Rifle:
In general they made allot of good changes, but then you nerf gun flame dmg by 90%
90%!!!!!!! Wuuu? to get some more burning? again, i dont go for Rifle to do some condi! its a power weapon. and this skill also can’t deal more then 1000 dmg also?

I also hate your killshot idea.. maby it sounds nice in PVE or something but in pvp this would be bad.. based on player HP..so now hit someone for 2000 dmg if you target has full HP? No pls i really dont want more stuff behind HP %.. its annoying.

So Because you find Arc divider and Gun flame to good, they have to be a CONDI burst? nomather how long you make that condi! NOBODY would like that!! you say if you do this much dmg + the LOOOONG condi it would do good dmg.. ( i even have to spec arms for the +5% dmg on bleeding foes just because this 1 burst get bleeding?? Anet didnt removed bleeding on rifle for no reason.. but all that just to do 5k dmg over 15sec! WOW!! my god WOW!! yeeee)
Even if you gave it a 1 bleed stack for a MILLION seconds it would still be ALLOT worse, you know why? cleansing! if i go for rifle/gs i go for PURE DMG! not condi! you just HATE gs/rifle players so you nerf EVERY way to do that, by traits by bursts.

You arguments are totally flawed! you also make annoying HP% restriction to even deal good dmg with killshot! killshot issnt that easy to land but you want to nerf it more. all because you think it should be like that!

If you go this way, why not make “true shot” on 40 sec cooldown?
Why not make “Rapid fire” a 5sec casttime again and nerf the dmg because its cheap..

And again it does not make sense that you nerf a weapon because its good, and slap it with a condi burst while the weapon is CLEARLY power based.

No i dont like these changes, and you dont speak for us all also, so you cant say that X weapon needs it because you say so.

edit/ Sorry to derail.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in Warrior

Arddyn.7683

While I agree that his post in your thread is very whiny, he actually did explain what he thought was wrong with the changes you have in mind. I personally think the changes you want to warrior are way too extravagant, for example; when enemies stunbreak from your CC they get immobilized, or; immunity to boon theft/corruption. I also don’t think you should come into a separate thread and instantly link your own. Sure this is a complain thread, but it could still be perceived as kinda rude you know.

In any case I do agree with that warrior needs some changes or a rework entirely. Maybe even mechanic wise. As it stands we have SO MUCH LESS utility than any other class it’s getting kind of ridiculous really. And then they come with changes to rifle, cooldown and healing, not to mention the zerker stance thing. Maybe Anet just wants us to reroll or quit altogether. I just wish they would actually listen to any of the feedbacks on these forums, because some of it is really good.
I just want my pure physical non magey class to kitten people up with. Is that so hard Anet?

in Warrior

Peter.5347

The problem is people who are terrible at the game complained forever about warriors until they nerfed them into the ground, and they are afraid of the community backlash if warriors get too strong again

in Warrior

Arddyn.7683

If that’s true it’s kind of silly considering how strong classes are now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

@TheBravery

Do you come into threads like this one, just to plug your own, thread, really? Like, I’ve seen several threads made about the state the Warrior is in, and like this one, you come in, link your thread, toot your horn, and leave, not contributing anything…

@OP

I agree, and feel the same way, Warrior is an amazing class, and very fun to play, but, I feel like ANet just, doesn’t want us to be on the same level as other classes trait/ability wise. Like you said, so many other classes/specs, get these traits where it’s like, “Ohh you blocked something, here is Regen/Protections/Retal” or “Ohh nice, did you see that Crit you just did? Yeah, well your target is also going to be inflicted with Weakness/Vulnerability/Cripple ect. all at the same time!!! Neato, right?”

Warrior traits need to be brought up to, what other classes take for granted, I’m not asking for Warriors to be made OP, but be made to be less of an eyesore, and less of a constant insult in chat like, “Ohh god, it’s a Warrior, we’re going to lose” or “Yes, a Warrior, FREE KILL” or “Atleast he/she can put down a couple banners for us REAL DPS to do all the work and carry him/her.”

Right?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

While I agree that his post in your thread is very whiny, he actually did explain what he thought was wrong with the changes you have in mind. I personally think the changes you want to warrior are way too extravagant, for example; when enemies stunbreak from your CC they get immobilized, or; immunity to boon theft/corruption. I also don’t think you should come into a separate thread and instantly link your own. Sure this is a complain thread, but it could still be perceived as kinda rude you know.

@TheBravery

Do you come into threads like this one, just to plug your own, thread, really? Like, I’ve seen several threads made about the state the Warrior is in, and like this one, you come in, link your thread, toot your horn, and leave, not contributing anything…

I want to start off by saying I apologize if my links are perceived as rude. I apologize again for another possible derail.

Every week, there’s a topic, a rant or a complaint about warriors being weak, followed by “I agree, arenanet sucks etc” and occasionally suggestions on how to “fix” warrior (warriors should have this and that, not explaining why and considering potential drawbacks). OP started this thread with a rant, stating how warriors lack sustain, don’t need more healing, have broken traits, etc.. and we know this. It’s been said plenty of times before.

The problem with these threads is that it takes us no where. It’s not helping the situation, instead, people just raise their voices and expect that ArenaNet will suddenly realize what the problem is and solve the problem, when what we really needed was to discuss solutions using good feedback

nicknamednick did not give me good feedback. He just complained how gunflame shouldn’t be what I suggested and how arc divider shouldn’t be what I suggested. It got me no where, and these threads do the same to ArenaNet.

Anet doesn’t read this forum and doesn’t care at all about the effort you’re putting in. I just need somewhere to vent with people that get what I’m talking about.

I don’t believe this to be true. Yes, ArenaNet has been out of touch with what happens in their game, but why is that? Perhaps they lacked good feedback, and all they got was bad feedback

Very nicely put together and easy to read, it’s definitely a very good start.
Even if the chances of Anet ever reading it are very slim, it’s really worth expanding upon.

Organized and thoughtful feedback is worth a thousand angry rant threads.

This was the first reply in my thread and this is what I’ve been trying to do. Create a proper plan to balance warrior, and fix the problem- but I can’t do it without peer review. That’s the reason why I’ve been linking it here, in these rant threads. That is my contribution here. An affirmative rant is not contribution in my eyes.

also @nicknamenick
I think you’re confused about negative feedback and constructive feedback. I couldn’t care less if the feedback is negative, because it helps me indicate problems. What I do have a problem with is destructive feedback, where I get nothing to work with.

edit/ @ Arddyn.7683
Thank you for pointing out the boon theft/corruption immunity trait, I placed a cooldown on it.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in Warrior

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

Thank you OP these sort of rants are what Warriors don’t get enough of.

Look at any of the other professional subforums esp whenever they get smacked with the nerfbat – for example I recall last year sometime when Engies lost their perma+33% speed, all the crying! they got their ez-speed back and with interest in a matter of hours.

The problem with Warriors is that they have nothing for anyone to feel passionate about. It’s a very stodgy profession.

And yet, and yet .. even though Warrior is not my main (I play more of Thief/Ranger/Mesmer), it’s the profession I care about the most, if that makes any sense.

Whenever I pwn someone on Daredevil or Ranger or Mesmer I don’t get the same feeling of satisfaction, somewhere in the back of my mind I know I’ve out-cheesed them.
But whenever someone beats me on their Warrior, I know I’ve been outplayed.
It’s the most Honest-feeling profession.

I don’t feel any need to post my opinions re: the other professions since i) the other professions already have enough vocal/eloquent/frothing supporters on their respective subforums and ii) more importantly most other professions have a distinct identity – “This is what we do.”
But with Warriors it’s like, oh okay another nerf. And no-one really cares, at least not to the degree of other professions, not even the Warrior mains. Nor do Warrior players even have any consensus on what Warrior needs. Fasthands baseline? Berserker (and Rampage) don’t need it.
Warriors don’t cry. They just shrug and take it on the chin.

Warriors need to get some Sexy in their makeup. A reason to Want to play them.
They need to be SCARY – which yes OP, Anet does seem to be terrified of.
WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF???

I do get that boosting Warrior to the same level as the other professions would not only be more powercreep but also ruin the Honest nature of Warrior play.

It’s more important to wind back some of the ridiculous buffs on other professions.
Then give the Warrior a little something of their very own, something they can call their signature.

I’m referring to Adrenaline, the Warrior’s lifeblood.

Looking over the recent buffs, all are kind of welcome but at the same time rather meh. They did this little thing with Adrenaline that feels more like a slap in the face.
What would have been better would be to revert the years of Adrenaline nerf and then boost it a little by granting one-bar baseline.

TL,DR: all the other professions need a nerf, and Warrior needs a buff.

It won’t happen. All the crying here and on rettarddit. It would also amount to an admission of “We dun eft up.”

I’ve prettymuch given up on Warrior, having ceased competitive play with the June patch (save for a brief farewell to the old Borderlands). The only thing of significance my Warrior has achieved was unlocking the Berserker tree which doesn’t appeal to me.

Actually what worries me most of all is the direction Anet is taking Warrior.
I’m thinking back to last year when Warriors were turned into Rampage-bots and I was like “Really?? this is their vision?”
And now the Elite spec which just feels like an elaborate form of Rampage.

For the past month or so I haven’t even bothered to log in for dailies.
I’ve not so much given up as Fallen Out .. to a Battlefront far far away ..
and xcom is out in a couple of days!! X-COM-2 WOOHOO!!

Cya next patch ! (maybe)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

So first off, I want to say that TheBravery is doing the right thing. Take it easy on him, im sure he doesnt mean to be rude. Our forum, and reddit for that matter since thats actually the real gw2 forum, need more focus on what needs to be done. I cry probably more than anyone, if not top 3, so I know where Peter is coming from. Warrior has NEVER been my pvp or wvw class of choices, I leave that for necro always and forever, bunt Warrior is my overall favorite class and my PVE main. I know War pretty much inside out and when I fight one in pvp I just smash them, its always been this way and it seems it always will be. The only time ive ever truly feared warriors was during the short mace/hammer meta. Fast forward now and Warrior is worse than ever, with the same broken traits and garbage weapons. Weapon master that isnt great with anything save GS, and the only reason GS is so good is because it can stack might aoe. Other than that its meh as can be. I watch WvW videos (shout out Vaans, youre a beast id love to 1v1 you one day) and see what Warrior is capable and it makes me happy, but I remember WvW isnt balanced and I hop into pvp and it just doesnt translate. I pick up my GS in PVE and now (thank you anet btw) my rifle and crush things. All my other weapons mean nothing and are obsolete for years now, and much of the community doesnt care because GS WOOOO but no, this isnt good. Warrior has been the same FOREVER. GS/STACK MIGHT/BANNERS! We got to taste what it was like to be on top of the condi food chain for a short period, but that dream is dead.

To make it short, ill say what ive been saying for years——- Warriors problems are 50% traits and 50% weapons. Until more weapons have their own identity, all the traits in the world wont fix a thing. Until more traits are made worth taking and certain traits become baseline, our weapons will never be good

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

So first off, I want to say that TheBravery is doing the right thing. Take it easy on him, im sure he doesnt mean to be rude. Our forum, and reddit for that matter since thats actually the real gw2 forum, need more focus on what needs to be done. I cry probably more than anyone, if not top 3, so I know where Peter is coming from. Warrior has NEVER been my pvp or wvw class of choices, I leave that for necro always and forever, bunt Warrior is my overall favorite class and my PVE main. I know War pretty much inside out and when I fight one in pvp I just smash them, its always been this way and it seems it always will be. The only time ive ever truly feared warriors was during the short mace/hammer meta. Fast forward now and Warrior is worse than ever, with the same broken traits and garbage weapons. Weapon master that isnt great with anything save GS, and the only reason GS is so good is because it can stack might aoe. Other than that its meh as can be. I watch WvW videos (shout out Vaans, youre a beast id love to 1v1 you one day) and see what Warrior is capable and it makes me happy, but I remember WvW isnt balanced and I hop into pvp and it just doesnt translate. I pick up my GS in PVE and now (thank you anet btw) my rifle and crush things. All my other weapons mean nothing and are obsolete for years now, and much of the community doesnt care because GS WOOOO but no, this isnt good. Warrior has been the same FOREVER. GS/STACK MIGHT/BANNERS! We got to taste what it was like to be on top of the condi food chain for a short period, but that dream is dead.

To make it short, ill say what ive been saying for years——- Warriors problems are 50% traits and 50% weapons. Until more weapons have their own identity, all the traits in the world wont fix a thing. Until more traits are made worth taking and certain traits become baseline, our weapons will never be good

The Contradictions here is +9000

Warrior is Bad so nerf GS ?

GS op in PvE , nerf it for all other modes ?

Just drop it dude, Axe stacking might will never happen

my PVE main

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Did you read this yet?

Lets hope not, or if you people want every power based weapon to get nerfed for no good reason to Condi burst.

Remember, only constructive feedback that he likes will be seen.

This +1

constructive feedback yeah right, he deleted my notes on his spreadsheet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

their issue isn’t actually anything to do with the fact “arena net think they’re games dying so cashing out” or “incapable of balancing a game” heres the facts, this is a MMO, a game where u main ur profession u get everything done til u run out of kitten to do, that’s what this game is in basic form.

for Example World of Warcraft.

how long did Paladins Suck for? WoTLK all the way through to Draenor?.. then got nerfed back down and arnt that strong anymore again…

Warlocks… how many Revamps of the professions system has their been continuously trying to make them balanced without being completely overpowered.

Rogues?… never got balanced in end game levels…. not at all.

Spriests never got good for PvP and if they did they got nerfed to hell for it a couple of weeks Later.

at the end of the day, Anets first problem is stubbornness, they seem to believe a remake of some of these professions utilities or traitlines isn’t needed to bring it par, where they are only shining through the Elites.

some Elites seem to be created to look awesome rather then fit the Profession weakness, for example of the Warrior got a Tanking tree instead of a Condi Damager with 0 Sustain the problems warriors are currently having would be atleast half undone.

every MMO on the market does this to professions… I mean Spriests saw a entire year of 0 play in Pve or PvP.. atleast competitively or in good guilds, Paladins again saw 3-4years of this… so saying “its only guild wars 2” is wrong.. it just seems anets taking alittle longer to accept thje fact bringing a Traitline to replace to the profession with is just not going to work.

Imho, what they actually need to do is Next expansion Instead of Releasing a New Elite is Remake the Entire base profession of every profession, don’t release a new profession don’t release a Elite Just Remake em all at core. get everything updated and Working against what is Current.. Not what they were great at 3 years ago.

if they feel like doing this would remove a SPVPers incentive to buy the Expansion raise the level cap to 85 or 90… then they wont be able to PVP without the Expansion due to not being of the same level :L

(edited by Drayos.8759)