Why does warhorn get nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Title.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Sadly ANET decided to nerf warrior to the ground, trait line, skills, healing etc. Now warrior is a free kill if you are not running shoutbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

Same reason they nerfed

Deep cuts[Bloodlust]
Attack Opportunity[Bloodlust]
Physical Training[Peak Performance]
Empower allies
Opportunist
Sundering mace
Rampage[Elite Skill]

EDIT: I think they balance Stick and Move and Attack Opportunity since condition builds dont really make much of direct damage.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Warrior

Posted by: maxztt.3289

maxztt.3289

Where did they state that the warhorn would be nerfed?
The only text that I found regarding the warhorn was the wall of trait-changes which they posted a few days ago and in there the warhorn text was still as it currently is in game. (one condition into a boon)

It already hurt when they nerfed the horn a few months ago and I’d dislike if they did it again.

I heavily dislike that they nerf “Empower Allies”. A radius of 300 will just hurt small roaming groups (which tend to be spread out while fighting) and further boost the current melee zergs in WvW.

I wonder who is designing those changes… they always seem to hurt the alternative Warrior builds heavily, even if it might not be the main intention. But if they want to make those boring Shoutbow builds weaker, they should just nerf the bow and not attack those traits listed above, which can be used in many ways.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Where did they state that the warhorn would be nerfed?
The only text that I found regarding the warhorn was the wall of trait-changes which they posted a few days ago and in there the warhorn text was still as it currently is in game. (one condition into a boon)

It already hurt when they nerfed the horn a few months ago and I’d dislike if they did it again.

I heavily dislike that they nerf “Empower Allies”. A radius of 300 will just hurt small roaming groups (which tend to be spread out while fighting) and further boost the current melee zergs in WvW.

I wonder who is designing those changes… they always seem to hurt the alternative Warrior builds heavily, even if it might not be the main intention. But if they want to make those boring Shoutbow builds weaker, they should just nerf the bow and not attack those traits listed above, which can be used in many ways.

They reduced the number of targets from 10 to 5 for wahorn charge skill.
The quick breathing trait no longer converts boons to conditions on warhorn use. It only removed conditions.

in Warrior

Posted by: maxztt.3289

maxztt.3289

They reduced the number of targets from 10 to 5 for wahorn charge skill.
The quick breathing trait no longer converts boons to conditions on warhorn use. It only removed conditions.

So what they wrote in their writeup is an error?

• Quick Breathing: Reduces recharge of warhorn skills by 20% and causes warhorn skills to convert 1 condition on affected allies to a boon.

Where did you obtain your information?
The reduced number of targets is another strike against the warhorn. They seem to want to make it useless.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

From the live stream. What they posted there is likely a typo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Also Vigor (applied by Call to Arms) is nerfed, which hurts the warhorn even more.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Haired Savage.5430

Red Haired Savage.5430

What I want to know is how the ONLY offhand weapon in game that does NO damage is getting nerfed?

Isle of Janthir
Norn Warrior #nornmodeisbestmode

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Well the 10 target charge was too good for wvw when everyone else’s boons only affect 5ppl at a time. The rest I think it’s uncalled for.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

What I want to know is how the ONLY offhand weapon in game that does NO damage is getting nerfed?

The ‘nerf’ normalized the skills which had a strange number of targets when compared to basically the entire rest of the game it was coming sooner or later.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zakuti.4672

Zakuti.4672

I don’t know why but it makes me sad sad face

in Warrior

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I believe the issue was that on average the number/presence of warriors on a team dramatically increased its odds against teams with fewer to no warriors.