Why is Dual Shot so slow?

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Both the Warrior and Ranger longbow used to be dramatically under-tuned in damage, probably due to the insane aftercast delay they both had (One shot roughly every 1.25 seconds).

For some reason, around a year ago, they fixed Ranger’s Longbow and left Warrior’s alone. So, now Warrior LB has what is probably the weakest autoattack in the game, making it unusable in the majority of situations.

I don’t understand why people aren’t raising pitchforks about this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Because warrior longbow is about aoe and control with a side order of burning.

See rifle for damage

in Warrior

Posted by: lor.2483

lor.2483

because you can have 1k burn with each auto

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

1k burning isn’t much damage to compensate for such a long aftercast, especially since you have to trait for it on a line that few builds can afford.

Also, rifle now has better control than bow.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Lb auto being 2 hits is part of it. If you r blind or foe has ageis the 1 arrow will still hit. Plus crit hit can proc with either arrow and and when traited it can apply 2 stacks of burn

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Azure.8670

My real problem with longbow is how poor scorched earth is for power builds. I’ve always used longbow for pve wvw and pvp but now no

in Warrior

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

So, now Warrior LB has what is probably the weakest autoattack in the game, making it unusable in the majority of situations.

Nah, that honor goes to Elementalist’s scepter. Specifically, arc lightning.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I’ve actually made mention of this before. not only is the after cast longer but the arrow speed is slower as well. Now, it is kind of cool that dual shot arcs because theoretically it gets around things like minions and pets which can get in the way, but then you notice that ranger bow and guardian blow can piece, and also the ark on dual shot is not enough to avoid these things anyway.

The long and short of it is that the longbow is a condi weapon which does not have the speed to inflict conditions fast enough, does not have the condi burst potential which would counter the slowness of the weapon, and does not have the damage to be effective.

There was a time when the longbow did serve a purpose. You could blast the fire feild three times in quick succession, leap through it and even whirl finish it. you can’t do any of that now because of all the stuns thrown around these days.

Like all things with the warrior everything has fallen behind while every other class has just evolved. (the one exception is thief, which if you ask me has gotten screwed almost as much as warrior,)

in Warrior

Azure.8670

I’ve actually made mention of this before. not only is the after cast longer but the arrow speed is slower as well. Now, it is kind of cool that dual shot arcs because theoretically it gets around things like minions and pets which can get in the way, but then you notice that ranger bow and guardian blow can piece, and also the ark on dual shot is not enough to avoid these things anyway.

The long and short of it is that the longbow is a condi weapon which does not have the speed to inflict conditions fast enough, does not have the condi burst potential which would counter the slowness of the weapon, and does not have the damage to be effective.

There was a time when the longbow did serve a purpose. You could blast the fire feild three times in quick succession, leap through it and even whirl finish it. you can’t do any of that now because of all the stuns thrown around these days.

Like all things with the warrior everything has fallen behind while every other class has just evolved. (the one exception is thief, which if you ask me has gotten screwed almost as much as warrior,)

Agreed with everything except Thief. Thief has been meta in basically every scenario forever despite nerfs forever. The past few months I agree theyve been next to us in the homeless shelter, but the recent patch has employed them

in Warrior

Posted by: spartan.9421

spartan.9421

Agreed with everything except Thief. Thief has been meta in basically every scenario forever despite nerfs forever. The past few months I agree theyve been next to us in the homeless shelter, but the recent patch has employed them

Warrior and thief, doomed to be the worst classes forever. :p
Maybe one day we will be in the top, maybe.

Worrying is like a rocking chair: You go back and forth but never get anywhere.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I agree, skill 1 is to slow.
But it can be strong with some lb combo’s.
“pin down” into “combustive shot” into “fan of fire” into dualshot spamming untill your enemy do something about the Burning can be realy effective.
Butyeah, for condi builds only that is.
Longbow was on level in the time that hambow was still viable.
I still play with longbow now and then but indeed its not the same anymore.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

I disagree with people suggesting this isn’t a problem. It causes the longbow to be unusually situational, which doesn’t make any sense. Weapons are supposed to provide both damage and control options. Another example of a set that sucks because it fails in the same way is Thief P/P.

It needs to be fixed, end of story.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i was expecting this to be a velocity complaint? if you nocked those arrows any faster, it’d be Rapid Fire levels of silly

it was real powerful with Burning Arrows before King of Fires was nerfed

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

i was expecting this to be a velocity complaint? if you nocked those arrows any faster, it’d be Rapid Fire levels of silly

You must not have played literally any other class and/or used any other ranged weapon. Regardless, the damage needs to be improved if for some arbitrary reason they do not want to increase the speed as they did for the Ranger’s LB.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

You must not have played literally any other class and/or used any other ranged weapon. Regardless, the damage needs to be improved if for some arbitrary reason they do not want to increase the speed as they did for the Ranger’s LB.

why does it have to be attack speed? why not the damage, or the projectile finisher chance, or baseline burning arrows?

my point is that the aesthetic does not have to be compromised, unless you wouldn’t mind if we were all grey blobs spreading numbers about

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

why does it have to be attack speed? why not the damage, or the projectile finisher chance, or baseline burning arrows?

my point is that the aesthetic does not have to be compromised, unless you wouldn’t mind if we were all grey blobs spreading numbers about

It doesn’t have to be the attack speed. The reason I suggested attack speed is because that’s how they’ve addressed ranged weapon auto attack issues in the past, including with the Ranger Longbow. Your analogy to “grey blobs” is such an absurd employment of the slippery slope fallacy that I almost didn’t bother responding.

You see, it causes problems when an ability is balanced around the activation speed, but the recast cycle is about 3x longer than the activation speed.

The bottom line is that Dual Shot is far too slow for its damage output, and one or the other or both need to be addressed.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

What if it was a 3 chain attack where only the 3rd shot is the dual shot with burning, but the first 2 is single but with faster shots?

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

The bottom line is that Dual Shot is far too slow for its damage output, and one or the other or both need to be addressed.

Did you compare dual shot with rifle auto attack? if so then both need update.
And if you think rifle is fine than so does Longbow, because they are both slow.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

The cd’s and casting time are not the issue sins they are almost the same.
A full zerker war that spams skill 1, with rifle does more damage then a full condi war that spams 1 with longbow. Butyeah its hard to compare condi weapons with raw dps weaps

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

The cd’s are not the issue sins they are almost the same.
The problem lies in
A full zerker war that spams skill 1, with rifle does more damage then a full condi war that spams 1 with longbow. Butyeah its hard to compare condi weapons with raw dps weaps

Is this a problem of the AA or the Condi trait?

-If you buff AA you also buff power builds and making longbow AA (more)better then rifle AA
-if you buff the condi trait it would do no change for power builds but does bring the AA for condi more in line.

So this issnt a AA problem here, its the trait.

in Warrior

Einlanzer.1627

Well, actually, Rifle auto used to be far and away better than Dual Shot. When they removed the bleed component last year they significantly nerfed it. The change was unwarranted and wrong-headed.

So, yes, I do think Rifle auto needs a buff as well, just not quite as badly as Longbow auto.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)