Why is gs/hammer favored?

in Warrior

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ve been looking at metabattle and noticed that gs/hammer still remains in tier 1, even over things such as engineers and dps guards. May I ask, what is it that makes the dps warrior favorable as part of your time?

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Well you get a lot of CC and a bit of mobility from hammer, with good damage. Then with Greatsword, you get a lot of mobility, great damage, and hundred blades is really good down state cleave on other players. It is just a solid combo, sorta like Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

Well you get a lot of CC and a bit of mobility from hammer, with good damage. Then with Greatsword, you get a lot of mobility, great damage, and hundred blades is really good down state cleave on other players. It is just a solid combo, sorta like Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

A good point xD, what would you say favors this build over the celestial mace/sword lb?

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

A good point xD, what would you say favors this build over the celestial mace/sword lb?

Never played celestial mace/sword lb, but the biggest difference I think would be mobility. Using mace main-hand w/ sword off-hand + Longbow, you would have no mobility, which can be a problem for warrior.

Personally, unless you are on a high end PvP team (which almost no one is), play whatever you want and have fun!

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

(edited by Serdoc.7261)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

mobility. Using mace main-hand w/ sword off-hand + Longbow, you would have no mobility

play whatever you want and have fun!

This guy has it right on both counts. I’m a long time GS/Ham warrior so that’s always been my favorite build, but there’s no reason you can’t mix it up and play what you like.

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

What a combo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ZAGBL6UBA
:F

It was also meta in WvW Roaming, but Idk what happened MetaBattle removed almost all build for roaming :/

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

DrDivine.5378

mobility. Using mace main-hand w/ sword off-hand + Longbow, you would have no mobility

play whatever you want and have fun!

This guy has it right on both counts. I’m a long time GS/Ham warrior so that’s always been my favorite build, but there’s no reason you can’t mix it up and play what you like.

I have used gs/hammer today and its very fun in tpvp, I think my only bad matchups are mesmers and dps guards (if in a 1v1 scenerio since standing in symbols hurt lol)

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Tons of cc and burst. What’s not to like?

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

This is because Gs/Hammer is strong weapon combo set as compared to others when it comes to 1vs1. And recently it got buffed from anet in terms of the fact that now no condi can make it slow when they cast ES, whirlwind attack and etc.. I would say full melee become kinda OP thus, so is meta, right

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)