Why is the Warrior community being penalized?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

I’ve been playing a short tie and play Warrior… Why? Because I don’t want 30 buttons, I don’t want silly bombs or grenades, I want to wield fierce weapons and smash crash bash my targets.

Apparently because to many people are playing Warrior developers decided to lower their DPS, and survival so we run around as fodder.

This would be like Ford being upset to many people drive F-150s and decided to make them less reliable, break down more often so people start buying Pontiac Vibes!

Why should Developers dictate the population? I don’t see Elementalists and Thiefs being de populated? Their still Top Guns!

Must say this leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Every class has a unique role. The role of the Warrior is being best at getting nerfed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Warriors still have top tier dps and the highest combination of base armor and health in the game. Aside from that, your build will obviously dictate your damage, support, control and survivability, just like it does for every other class.

I don’t see the issue here. O_o

Poor necromancers have a lot more to complain about.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Sooo… you want one class to be better than others while simultaneously complaining that another class seems to be “better” than that class?
Stellar logic.

Nobody is dictating the population. It’s just that for a while, warriors could be made to really be “better” (in terms of DPS) than most other classes, so lots of people rolled warriors. When the class got balanced (and nerfed in the process to be more on par with other classes, not worse, mind you), people perceived this as “making the warrior worse” because suddenly, other classes could compete in the field of raw DPS. Just because this means that you need three seconds longer to kill something big doesn’t mean warriors suddenly suck.

You’re still free to roll warrior, just as everyone else is free to roll whatever they like. Also, nobody forces you to play with pure berserker gear/traits. If you want survivability, you can get that, too, but you’ll have to sacrifice damage for that. That’s how it works. You don’t get to have everything in one class while all other classes have to compromise.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

in Warrior

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Run around like fodder, lol… even dps builds have problems burning through the passive hp regen of warriors in zerker gear.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Warriors still have top tier dps and the highest combination of base armor and health in the game. Aside from that, your build will obviously dictate your damage, support, control and survivability, just like it does for every other class.

Hey hello. How is 2012?

Warrior is 5th in dps now, very close with guardian at 6th so Top tier dps not do much. But seriously Warrior were overpowered when the game was launch and now that warrior was nerf on several occasion ppl freak out about it and complain that it was too much. What is the right balance, its hard to say. Personnally, I find warrior in a good place right now. Its part of the meta in WvW, any speed run want to have 1 for banners and in sPvP we have a couple of good build.

Does it still need a couple of tweaks to make it more balance? Probably, but I personally feel the warrior is in a ’’ok’’ situation right now. Mesmer and Necromancer probably need a little bit more love right now than the warrior.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

So you are ranting? No discussion? Just a baseless accusation?
Guess I will move along them…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Hey hello. How is 2012?

Warrior is 5th in dps now, very close with guardian at 6th so Top tier dps not do much. But seriously Warrior were overpowered when the game was launch and now that warrior was nerf on several occasion ppl freak out about it and complain that it was too much. What is the right balance, its hard to say. Personnally, I find warrior in a good place right now. Its part of the meta in WvW, any speed run want to have 1 for banners and in sPvP we have a couple of good build.

Does it still need a couple of tweaks to make it more balance? Probably, but I personally feel the warrior is in a ’’ok’’ situation right now. Mesmer and Necromancer probably need a little bit more love right now than the warrior.

Yep, warrior is top tier DPS if you want to just mash 1 and occasionally 2 as your combat strategy. If you compare all classes and only mash 1 and occasionally 2, warrior is definitely top tier.

When playing the classes properly, Warrior is far from top tier DPS.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Warrior

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Hey hello. How is 2012?

5th in DPS? What exactly outdamages them? Eles and thiefs maybe, but I can’t see engineers, necros, rangers or mesmers outdamaging warriors (Mesmers might if they had all phantasms up at the same time, but that is realistically almost never the case). And as you said, guardians are a bit under them as well.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

in Warrior

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Warriors got over nerfed last year and yes they suck quite a lot now.

Class to avoid.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

My Mesmer can get her three phantasms out in about 3-5 seconds, usually don’t bother as the mobs die so fast.

My Ranger on other hand can easily dish out more damage than my warrior on single targets, while not getting much hits on himself.

So, yes Warriors are down in DPS, but that’s ok for me. I like it that way. They have way more other abilities to bring forth than just DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Hey hello. How is 2012?

mesmer and necro? if Arenanet buff them more they will be OP come on if we ask warrior to get buff you guys QQ and warrior doesn’t need anymore balance because it’s already balance i cant even kill 2 necromancer on spvp and 2 mesmers on spvp and mix of those 2 classes unless they are bad i can win 1vs1 but not 1vs2 of them.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

5th in DPS? What exactly outdamages them? Eles and thiefs maybe, but I can’t see engineers, necros, rangers or mesmers outdamaging warriors (Mesmers might if they had all phantasms up at the same time, but that is realistically almost never the case). And as you said, guardians are a bit under them as well.

Holy crap guys, keep up with the news. Warrior was 4th for like a year and it dropped 5th in september last year.

Eles and Thief are the top dps profession. Engineer was 3rd for a long time. Ranger got 4th in september with their buff and the nerf to warrior. That doesn’t mean that Engineer and Ranger are better than warrior overall. Ranger fill the same role in PvE as the warrior with offensive buff, but the warrior is twice as good as the ranger for this. And the engineer is good at giving might but not as good as warrior/elementalist, while it’s the best at giving vulnerability, but warrior/ele/guardian/thief can do the job just fine. So ranger and engineer kind of fall between two stools.

in Warrior

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Holy crap guys, keep up with the news. Warrior was 4th for like a year and it dropped 5th in september last year.

Eles and Thief are the top dps profession. Engineer was 3rd for a long time. Ranger got 4th in september with their buff and the nerf to warrior. That doesn’t mean that Engineer and Ranger are better than warrior overall. Ranger fill the same role in PvE as the warrior with offensive buff, but the warrior is twice as good as the ranger for this. And the engineer is good at giving might but not as good as warrior/elementalist, while it’s the best at giving vulnerability, but warrior/ele/guardian/thief can do the job just fine. So ranger and engineer kind of fall between two stools.

Well, I knew ranger got buffed but I didn’t think it was enough to surpass warrior dps, with their 100% fury uptime and easy access to might. But the other point you and others bring up is good, and that is that warriors bring more to the table than just personal dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

PvE-wise

I don’t understand why people are so worked up over this. PvE takes no skill and anyone can PvE. Why even bother when PvE end game is Fashion Wars 2? There’s no “challenging raids” PvE is just a grind for skins atm.

PvP-wise

It’s a matter of game knowledge and mechanics, people refuse to understand that “team support” doesn’t only have to be boons, it’s about kill set up and kill potential too. The thing is Warrior requires mechanics (excluding shoutbow) now that the Hambow era is over. If people want easy mode go play other classes like Guard/Ranger, if people complain about how bad it is in PvP “without going shoutbow” then stop complaining and get better really.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Well, I knew ranger got buffed but I didn’t think it was enough to surpass warrior dps, with their 100% fury uptime and easy access to might. But the other point you and others bring up is good, and that is that warriors bring more to the table than just personal dps.

Well that’s for group content. If you are soloing stuff or running around in the open world, then Warrior will have a better DPS than ranger because he can self-buff better than the ranger can. Ranger can have more self-fury, but not by much, but warrior can keep up more self-might and that’s what make the difference.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Well that’s for group content. If you are soloing stuff or running around in the open world, then Warrior will have a better DPS than ranger because he can self-buff better than the ranger can. Ranger can have more self-fury, but not by much, but warrior can keep up more self-might and that’s what make the difference.

What? Rangers can kill their target before they get to them!

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

How you do the damage is irrelevant to the discussion, neither does the burst capability of the profession, nor the range vs melee. The actual maximum dps number is what was disccussed here.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Warriors still have top tier dps

F
A
L
S
E

in Warrior

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

i think warriors are in a great spot atm. my main is one and ranger is second. when you look at warrior they have high health, high armor, and great damage. most classes that try to get all 3 end up with sub par damage or if they focus on glass they usually can only take 1-2 hits before being downed. warriors dont have to worry about that issue.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

F
A
L
S
E

Still in a better spot than the profession in 6th 7th and 8th place. But from what I gather there are parts of this community that will not settle for anything short of 1st or 2nd though.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

There’s a profound difference between being top tier and bottom tier when it comes to DPS.

It’s annoying because of how it’s taking almost 2 years for so many to realize that warrior doesn’t have the best DPS in the game. The CoF P1 mentality is a plague.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Get a full cleric set and healing signet. Enjoy 5 people trying miserably to take you down while you laugh at their face and keep your group buffed. Warrior maybe never was meant to be a top tier DPS.

But in survival department…? God tier.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

5 completely terrible players, maybe.

I can solo a cleric warrior and since he’s using crap-tier gear he wont be able to kill me, either. Guards/Ele’s/Engi’s—When specced right will be better at surviving.

Lack of protection or reflects (traiting for reflect on block is garbage compared to other reflects in game so it is hardly worth it and warrior shield sucks anyways) really kills warriors tanking potential. Warrior is good at taking sustained auto-attack DPS, that is all. Any kind of burst damage and they melt. Even in soldier or cleric gear, one thief is enough to DPS them down. Or any class running glassy.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

In WvW and PvP Warriors are still very much viable and going strong.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Ye, but less viable then ele/ingi in most situations

[vM] Alkore

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There’s a profound difference between being top tier and bottom tier when it comes to DPS.

It’s annoying because of how it’s taking almost 2 years for so many to realize that warrior doesn’t have the best DPS in the game. The CoF P1 mentality is a plague.

Wait – this has to be wrong.

Warrior must be #1 dps in game because all pro cof runs use 4 of them and a mesmer!!11oneone!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

And there is also a difference between “bottom tier” and the warrior’s position.
There are 8 different classes and warrior is at position 5, meaning mesmer, guardian and necromancer are behind. If you consider solo play ranger is also behind and probably engineer as well.
That’s far away from beeing bottom tier with reference to dps.

At the moment I’m not really happy with the warrior’s spot, either but it seems you tend to see some things a bit too dramatic.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

How you do the damage is irrelevant to the discussion, neither does the burst capability of the profession, nor the range vs melee. The actual maximum dps number is what was disccussed here.

What’s being discussed is " Why is the warrior community being penalized". It’s just that folks such as yourself is trying to take it in a different direction.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

What’s being discussed is " Why is the warrior community being penalized". It’s just that folks such as yourself is trying to take it in a different direction.

Folks like myself that play Warrior want “Choice”, we want class diversity, we want to be viable more then just a buff bot or needing a LB to compete!

We want the ability to play the game we paid $$$ for without the class we chose to be nerfed because some Developer ran a numbers binary on population control!

We want to not HAVE to take cleansing Ire and have other options to our specs without crippling ourselves…

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Agree i don’t know why i see so much warrior is op this and that and these are warrior builds i can kill in pvp with 1 hand i don’t get it soon we are nothing but bags of HP.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Folks like myself that play Warrior want “Choice”, we want class diversity, we want to be viable more then just a buff bot or needing a LB to compete!

We want the ability to play the game we paid $$$ for without the class we chose to be nerfed because some Developer ran a numbers binary on population control!

We want to not HAVE to take cleansing Ire and have other options to our specs without crippling ourselves…

You only have yourself to blame if you limit yourself to a couple of build on a website. Metabattle is a great website, but that only give you popular build. On the PvE side you can back it up with numbers, which build bring the best dps. On the PvP side, that’s not that easy. My friend got to dragon using a Axe/Sword glass canon build, finish first on his team most of time, carrying team from time to time. GS/H is a build that we see more and more and between two players of equal level it will have the upper hand over the meta shoutbow (even if he’s in a disadvantage over a D/P thief). Condition Warrior is also pretty great.

Again if you limit yourself, you only have yourself to blame.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

With absolutely perfect DPS rotations, 25 Might, 25 Vuln, Fury, Both banners, scholar runes, slayer potion, truffle steak etc..

Warrior DPS is 11,756.26 over a 30 second fight.

By comparison, an Engineer (using SNS Beans rather than pure DPS food) is 13,517.

One one hand, as a warrior main, that sucks. One another hand, engineer dps rotation is way, way harder so its only fair that they get better results if they can pull it off. Also, despite that the power of Banners means that warrior has a place in the meta where engineers barely do. Would any of you trade away banners for engineer’s personal DPS? I doubt it.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Would any of you trade away banners for engineer’s personal DPS? I doubt it.

Only reason I wouldn’t is because banners are also an essential part of warrior’s personal DPS as well, so it would need more than a ~1.7k DPS increase to even it out of you took banner of discipline away :P

There’s already a decent number of dungeon paths where warrior’s banners aren’t even worth bringing mostly due to the ridiculous ferocity scaling.

Playing a warrior these days just isn’t the same. It feels so unrewarding to play compared to how it once was. The output is just too low.

I wouldn’t mind with them tweaking mechanics and making the gameplay less passive and whatnot.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Combine both good banners into one banner which frees up a utility slot for Signet of Might. Extra 180 power would go a long way to putting personal dps into a good range.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

F
A
L
S
E

Still in a better spot than the profession in 6th 7th and 8th place. But from what I gather there are parts of this community that will not settle for anything short of 1st or 2nd though.

Top tier implies top 3 … Of course if all classes were within 2% DPS of one another with a specific ‘meta’ or best build (fully buffed), then we could complain about defense/offense/utility tradeoff between classes like it should be.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Combine both good banners into one banner which frees up a utility slot for Signet of Might. Extra 180 power would go a long way to putting personal dps into a good range.

I like the idea of freeing 1 shot by combining two banners together. Having to carry 2 banner can be a bit annoying. But what would be the other banners?

I can see like a
- Power, Precision, Ferocity banner
- Condition, Condition Duration, Precision banner

But what would be the last two? Maybe
- Boon Duration, Healing Power, Toughness
- Boon Duration, Profession Attribute, Vitality

Or

- Boon Duration, Healing Power with smaller amount of Toughness and Vitality. That would be a good support banner for sPvP
- Power, Vitality, toughness. That would be for World Bosses

I can figure 3 good banners, but the last one always seem forced.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I go away for a few months and come back to this kitten:

1) Warrior is supposed to be average at everything. Deal with it.

2) Not everyone speedruns. In fact speedruns are so broken at this point there’s not much point in talking about balancing them.

3) Warrior self-buffed DPS is still good and their party buffs are still good. Even better in pugs where a Phalanx build provides pretty much all the might and a fair chunk of vuln.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

I like the idea of freeing 1 shot by combining two banners together. Having to carry 2 banner can be a bit annoying. But what would be the other banners?

I can see like a
- Power, Precision, Ferocity banner
- Condition, Condition Duration, Precision banner

But what would be the last two? Maybe
- Boon Duration, Healing Power, Toughness
- Boon Duration, Profession Attribute, Vitality

Or

- Boon Duration, Healing Power with smaller amount of Toughness and Vitality. That would be a good support banner for sPvP
- Power, Vitality, toughness. That would be for World Bosses

I can figure 3 good banners, but the last one always seem forced.

You’ve been promoted to Developer team!

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

2) Not everyone speedruns. In fact speedruns are so broken at this point there’s not much point in talking about balancing them.

3) Warrior self-buffed DPS is still good and their party buffs are still good. Even better in pugs where a Phalanx build provides pretty much all the might and a fair chunk of vuln.

1) They’re below average, so thanks for inavertently agreeing with us!

2) Why balance a class around anything but higher level gameplay?

3) No one’s questioning warrior’s buffing capabilities. We’re questioning why it has such absurdly low personal damage. The buffs themselves don’t need improvement, the base damage does. Be it through traits, weapon coefficients, or whatever.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Taking a step back and laying out the various Warrior utility options…

A large part of the Warrior framework balance issue is actually caused by Banners which affects more than one stat AND also buffs more than just the Warrior and is a tradeoff for Signets which only have one stat bonus (except SoS) and exactly the same numerical stat bonus while having a typically minor active which then kills the stat. Both take the same utility slot resource.

IMO, under no common sense besides the fact that Banner-has-clunky-useability annoyances are the utilities balanced against one another.

Conclusion: Banners are actually holding back the Warrior class and pigeon-holing it to be forever a “unique” (also boring) offensive party support role (like the old Spirit Ranger issue).

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Banners should be replaced with Warcrys that buff teammates, maybe be executed off combos or weapon finishers creating a new exciting rotation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

except the fact that warrior is not avergae at everything, but average at so little things he can do.

can he group stealth? skip? reflect projectils for team? give teamate protection?place waterfield? blind field?
nop, non of these he can do. i’m not even talking about things that he can do but insanely “average” at.

he’s “average” at a very little few things hes already limited to do, except banner.
not everything, just not everything..if you want to talk about everything, it’s definitely not warrior you are talking about.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

Mace in off hand, axe in main hand, get close enough to enemy player, Smash fury signet and fgj, then smash mace #5, weapon swap to gs, smash #2, then #3, if said player is still alive somehow, smash gs #4 And then #5. Boom, problem solved.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Run around like fodder, lol… even dps builds have problems burning through the passive hp regen of warriors in zerker gear.

Oh yeah that 370hp / sec is Such strong heals,better ask for another nerf !

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

except the fact that warrior is not avergae at everything, but average at so little things he can do.

can he group stealth? skip? reflect projectils for team? give teamate protection?place waterfield? blind field?
nop, non of these he can do. i’m not even talking about things that he can do but insanely “average” at.

he’s “average” at a very little few things hes already limited to do, except banner.
not everything, just not everything..if you want to talk about everything, it’s definitely not warrior you are talking about.

kitten like this is the reason I quit the forums in the first place. Also the reason I came back, because arguing with stupidity is amusing.

Does your stealth/blind thief stack all the might/vuln? Does your reflect mesmer pile on banners that give huge stat buffs? Even engie can’t give fury. Warrior does all that kitten and still goes good DPS in the process, unlike your blindthief who’s puffing smoke instead of attacking like some college fratboy stoner every four seconds.

And if that still doesn’t float your boat, just delete your warrior and reroll, that’s what I did when they nerfed engies.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Warrior does all that kitten and still goes good DPS in the process, unlike your blindthief who’s puffing smoke instead of attacking like some college fratboy stoner every four seconds.

Gee you’re really behind with the times aren’t you?

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Does your stealth/blind thief stack all the might/vuln? Does your reflect mesmer pile on banners that give huge stat buffs? Even engie can’t give fury. Warrior does all that kitten and still goes good DPS in the process, unlike your blindthief who’s puffing smoke instead of attacking like some college fratboy stoner every four seconds.

The warrior have ordinary dps only. It can stack might but only if you have a phalanx build with bad personnal dps. Warrior is bad at giving fury, self-fury yes, but self fury is useless in group content.

But you are right with vulnerability and Banners. Warrior is better than Thief/Ele/Guardian at giving vulnerability, but still less good than Engineer. While banner, well it make the Warrior the best at offensive buff.

That make him the best at 1 thing only. He’s not so bad at Vulnerability and might stacking, but everything else the warrior can either no do it or be average at it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Ele is the class that can truly do everything.

They stack might better than warrior except for Phalanx build which is a massive hit to personal warrior DPS build. They provide group wide fury. They have Glyph of Storms for vuln stacking. Vuln is the only reason warr takes crappy mace, as it’s a terrible weapon otherwise. They have both incredibly high single target DPS and the single best AOE DPS. And if their DPS was not enough, they have icebow to increase their DPS even higher. They can spawn an earth elemental to aggro mobs for them so you can easily solo bosses. They have reflects,ports, invulnerabilities and perma-vigor. And the best part is they can have all of this while still running the meta DPS build. Because of Obsidian Flesh, Arcane Shield and perma vigor they’re actually more survivable than warriors while doing much more damage. Hell, they even beat warrior at the one thing they’re good at. Supporting.

All warrior truly has is banners. And I’d give them up in a heartbeat if their supportive damage was all transferred to the warrior. So I could actually solo content without feeling like my weapon is a wet noodle.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

kitten like this is the reason I quit the forums in the first place. Also the reason I came back, because arguing with stupidity is amusing.

And if that still doesn’t float your boat, just delete your warrior and reroll, that’s what I did when they nerfed engies.

my stealth blind thief can also reflect projectils, safe rez any time, skip trash, smoke field, top DPS, strip protection and dancing dagger is amazing against fotm shaman
my engi can reflect projectils, group stealth for trash skip, stealth rez, smoke field, water field, fire field, strip protection.
sure mesmer might not be that good, but it can also reflect projectils, aoe stealth for rez and skip, and portal for skip, which are all fun and good.
what warrior does? dddddd drop the banna.

please, i have almost every class 80 even the ones i don’t have a few 80’d, i play them in PvP, so please, don’t try to act like i don’t know stuff and try to foul me over.