Why is the Warrior community being penalized?

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

I go away for a few months and come back to this kitten:

1) Warrior is supposed to be average at everything. Deal with it.

except the fact that warrior is not avergae at everything, but average at so little things he can do.

can he group stealth? skip? reflect projectils for team? give teamate protection?place waterfield? blind field?
nop, non of these he can do. i’m not even talking about things that he can do but insanely “average” at.

he’s “average” at a very little few things hes already limited to do, except banner.
not everything, just not everything..if you want to talk about everything, it’s definitely not warrior you are talking about.

kitten like this is the reason I quit the forums in the first place. Also the reason I came back, because arguing with stupidity is amusing.

Does your stealth/blind thief stack all the might/vuln? Does your reflect mesmer pile on banners that give huge stat buffs? Even engie can’t give fury. Warrior does all that kitten and still goes good DPS in the process, unlike your blindthief who’s puffing smoke instead of attacking like some college fratboy stoner every four seconds.

And if that still doesn’t float your boat, just delete your warrior and reroll, that’s what I did when they nerfed engies.

my stealth blind thief can also reflect projectils, safe rez any time, skip trash, smoke field, top DPS, strip protection and dancing dagger is amazing against fotm shaman
my engi can reflect projectils, group stealth for trash skip, stealth rez, smoke field, water field, fire field, strip protection.
sure mesmer might not be that good, but it can also reflect projectils, aoe stealth for rez and skip, and portal for skip, which are all fun and good.
what warrior does? dddddd drop the banna.

please, i have almost every class 80 even the ones i don’t have a few 80’d, i play them in PvP, so please, don’t try to act like i don’t know stuff and try to foul me over.

In sPvP:
Yet this guy has ZERO presence in competitive play. Not to mention bad theory crafting because he makes a Rifle build with Signet of Fury and then whines about Warrior being bad.

I actually do have competitive play presence though in sPvP, if you search through my post history.

On Topic:

Warrior is balanced and can be borderline strong, and I just have what it takes to prove it. At least for sPvP.

Please stop wasting time on the forums and watch my stream instead or Tarcis.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I tried to help when the OP first came to the forums looking for advice, but the more of these posts I read the more I think he’s just playing the wrong game.

It’s getting a little old.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

BlackTruth for once could you provide any substance to your claims and post without demanding people watch your stream lol?

Just because you like to play differently than other people and use completely random utilities doesn’t mean you’re a prodigy whenever you win in an encounter.

Just like any other gamemode, literally all you’re proving is that anything has the potential to work on this game.

Doesn’t mean it’s optimal just because you can make something work.

You can whine as much as you want about how much you hate signet of fury and hate all warriors that use signet of rage elite instead of your beloved rampage fetish, but it won’t give your claims any merit. It really won’t.

P.S. – You’re basically begging for viewers. You won’t get them that way. Desperation is unappealing to people when trying to market something.

in Warrior

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

Banners should be replaced with Warcrys that buff teammates, maybe be executed off combos or weapon finishers creating a new exciting rotation.

Yep… This actually sound good especially if one of the war cries is a 3 second stun that you can trait with shouts

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

I tried to help when the OP first came to the forums looking for advice, but the more of these posts I read the more I think he’s just playing the wrong game.

It’s getting a little old.

The help playing meta builds is not a cure for a poor class!

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

I go away for a few months and come back to this kitten:

1) Warrior is supposed to be average at everything. Deal with it.

except the fact that warrior is not avergae at everything, but average at so little things he can do.

can he group stealth? skip? reflect projectils for team? give teamate protection?place waterfield? blind field?
nop, non of these he can do. i’m not even talking about things that he can do but insanely “average” at.

he’s “average” at a very little few things hes already limited to do, except banner.
not everything, just not everything..if you want to talk about everything, it’s definitely not warrior you are talking about.

kitten like this is the reason I quit the forums in the first place. Also the reason I came back, because arguing with stupidity is amusing.

Does your stealth/blind thief stack all the might/vuln? Does your reflect mesmer pile on banners that give huge stat buffs? Even engie can’t give fury. Warrior does all that kitten and still goes good DPS in the process, unlike your blindthief who’s puffing smoke instead of attacking like some college fratboy stoner every four seconds.

And if that still doesn’t float your boat, just delete your warrior and reroll, that’s what I did when they nerfed engies.

my stealth blind thief can also reflect projectils, safe rez any time, skip trash, smoke field, top DPS, strip protection and dancing dagger is amazing against fotm shaman
my engi can reflect projectils, group stealth for trash skip, stealth rez, smoke field, water field, fire field, strip protection.
sure mesmer might not be that good, but it can also reflect projectils, aoe stealth for rez and skip, and portal for skip, which are all fun and good.
what warrior does? dddddd drop the banna.

please, i have almost every class 80 even the ones i don’t have a few 80’d, i play them in PvP, so please, don’t try to act like i don’t know stuff and try to foul me over.

In sPvP:
Yet this guy has ZERO presence in competitive play. Not to mention bad theory crafting because he makes a Rifle build with Signet of Fury and then whines about Warrior being bad.

I actually do have competitive play presence though in sPvP, if you search through my post history.

On Topic:

Warrior is balanced and can be borderline strong, and I just have what it takes to prove it. At least for sPvP.

Please stop wasting time on the forums and watch my stream instead or Tarcis.

Was i talking about PvP in the freaking first place? You tell me.
People just can’t read some how, i mentioned PvP because adds that up, i have experience in all classes to farther prove my point on PvE dungeons.

and no i don’t have presence in GW2 PvP scene and don’t have the rig to stream and what?
I can actually duel people like hayb lite, bear, w/e in fair fight with zerker.
and i actually killed cele rifle OE with zerker in fair fight(100-0), not like i haven’t down 5g either, but sorry i don’t brag about it all day long just because i downed a half dead good player.
Im not saying im the best player in the world, but just because i don’t have presence or brag about anything at all doesn’t mean no shet.

btw ill not respond to you again, because non of what you say make any sense.
All you do is call out others for being bad, yet you fail to prove anything promising yourself, non of what you showed are wowing nor impressive at all. not like i’m here to participate some name calling drama instead of actually argue on warrior with constructive arguments that stand.

miku said it best “BlackTruth for once could you provide any substance to your claims and post without demanding people watch your stream lol?
Just because you like to play differently than other people and use completely random utilities doesn’t mean you’re a prodigy whenever you win in an encounter.”

now please excuse me.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Why should Developers dictate the population? I don’t see Elementalists and Thiefs being de populated? Their still Top Guns!

Warriors offer the most bang for the least buck,and players dont like meticulously designing their glassy classes only to see them erased from existence by a player pressing 1 1 1 1 and then gloating when they down.

The problem is that Anet doesn’t make them more difficult to play, they just bubble wrap them until they hit softly enough to placate the aforementioned part of the community, which happens to leave them miserably low on the DPS table.

But hey, they have a high armor rating! That’s something, right?

And Healing Signet! never have to press 6 ever.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Why should Developers dictate the population? I don’t see Elementalists and Thiefs being de populated? Their still Top Guns!

Warriors offer the most bang for the least buck,and players dont like meticulously designing their glassy classes only to see them erased from existence by a player pressing 1 1 1 1 and then gloating when they down.

The problem is that Anet doesn’t make them more difficult to play, they just bubble wrap them until they hit softly enough to placate the aforementioned part of the community, which happens to leave them miserably low on the DPS table.

I don’t see any good players having issues with Warrior Pre nerf or post, Easiest animations to doge, and predictable, easily kited….

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Every profession forum claims the same thing. XYZ class is better. Our class is fodder.

Naw.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I don’t see any good players having issues with Warrior Pre nerf or post, Easiest animations to doge, and predictable, easily kited….

Exactly.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

/agree but that’s because we are also tied to Longbow and Cleansing Ire …

But players do much more than just sPvP. I used to do quite a bit with mine pre-September 2014 in all game types. Now I only use my 2000+ hr playtime Warrior for basically the daily sPvP and general account admin work.

Now imagine tomorrow if ANet removed Banners. Where would the Warrior class be in PvE group play?

in Warrior

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

But players do much more than just sPvP…

And? Warrior is wanted in PvE for the combo of medium DPS + banners and it has been part of the meta for zergs/GvG for the entirety of the game.

Warrior is not weak or unwanted in any part of the game, perhaps you would prefer the necro position in PvE where for the entire game pretty much they have been bottom of the pile and unwanted, or how about engy/ranger who are non-existent when it comes to WvW guilds for zerging or GvG, or even thief /mes who are woefully underrepresented compared to the GWEN classses, and in the case of mesmer also weak in PvP.

Really the lack of objectivity and lack of awareness in this thread by some is astounding.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

But players do much more than just sPvP…

And? Warrior is wanted in PvE for the combo of medium DPS + banners and it has been part of the meta for zergs/GvG for the entirety of the game.

Warrior is not weak or unwanted in any part of the game, perhaps you would prefer the necro position in PvE where for the entire game pretty much they have been bottom of the pile and unwanted, or how about engy/ranger who are non-existent when it comes to WvW guilds for zerging or GvG, or even thief /mes who are woefully underrepresented compared to the GWEN classses, and in the case of mesmer also weak in PvP.

Really the lack of objectivity and lack of awareness in this thread by some is astounding.

I don’t want to pve! I bought and installed the game because it said it was PvP focused… I could care less about standing on x and running to y while group 2 kills the dragon!

in Warrior

Sagramor.7395

I bought and installed the game because it said it was PvP focused.

There’s a line about “world class PvP” but I don’t recall any press saying the game was PvP focused.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I don’t want to pve! I bought and installed the game because it said it was PvP focused… I could care less about standing on x and running to y while group 2 kills the dragon!

“they are ruining my subculture! You know, the one I joined last week!”

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Sagramor.7395

“they are ruining my subculture! You know, the one I joined last week!”

Pretty much. Glad I put down my coffee before looking at this thread. Always good for a laugh.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

That’s a fallacy and not an argument. No one posts with complete objectivity. Not even the devs in charge of class balance and compensation/performance tied to it…

Even you are focusing on the pigeon-hole Banner utilities and zerg playstyle (which is actually much weaker now with the Adrenaline mechanic nerf) as the cornerstone of Warriors and conveniently ignoring the other aspects of the game (playstyles) where Warrior has received downward adjustments for over a year and months.

That doesn’t invalidate anyone’s opinion in this thread.

EDIT: Oh my, you’ve been probably playing the game for probably less than a month (looking at your post history and focus on sPvP and you are playing EU zergball largest server domination as your gamestyle). Call me trollzed

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Warrior

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Shoutheal builds can still a force to be reckoned with, there are some really nasty rifle builds that will make you want to pull your hair out if you vs them in 1v1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

PvE: Currently lower-mid tier DPS, but Banner will always keep us wanted. You can interpret that however you please, personally the very last waves of nerfs were in my opinion, unnecessary. Still, we are fun to play.

WvW: Kind of a moot point, every profession actually has a decent enough role (except maybe thieves, given the whole state of ‘zergs win the mode’ in which thieves might be the least useful of the professions in a zerg, roaming they are kings) so nothing to say here.

PvP: This is where things get a bit complicated, so I will reestablish a point I made many a times back when Warriors were strong or weak. Warriors are pigeon-holed into half their weapons and utilities to run across all viable specs in PvP. The issue is that these viable specs, due to their focus on such few traits or utilities, often change in power level far more radically when even one thing gets changed.

If you want, I could name every single useless skill a warrior has, that if given a tune-up might change the way you see current warriors work. But I don’t think that is necessary, any warrior who has actually put time in the profession already knows which skills I am referring to, which weapons suck in all forms, which traits really shouldn’t be in these trees.

I have been sad that Warriors really haven’t changed since launch, they really haven’t.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

PvE: Currently lower-mid tier DPS, but Banner will always keep us wanted. You can interpret that however you please, personally the very last waves of nerfs were in my opinion, unnecessary. Still, we are fun to play.

WvW: Kind of a moot point, every profession actually has a decent enough role (except maybe thieves, given the whole state of ‘zergs win the mode’ in which thieves might be the least useful of the professions in a zerg, roaming they are kings) so nothing to say here.

PvP: This is where things get a bit complicated, so I will reestablish a point I made many a times back when Warriors were strong or weak. Warriors are pigeon-holed into half their weapons and utilities to run across all viable specs in PvP. The issue is that these viable specs, due to their focus on such few traits or utilities, often change in power level far more radically when even one thing gets changed.

If you want, I could name every single useless skill a warrior has, that if given a tune-up might change the way you see current warriors work. But I don’t think that is necessary, any warrior who has actually put time in the profession already knows which skills I am referring to, which weapons suck in all forms, which traits really shouldn’t be in these trees.

I have been sad that Warriors really haven’t changed since launch, they really haven’t.

It’s called immune to condis and the ability to “delay” a point even as a glass cannon. Back then Warriors wouldn’t be able to do this. Back then shouts weren’t viable either. Warrior right now has more than one spec that they can use in competitive play because it’s actually a well-designed class.

I’m going to keep saying that most people who play Warrior (Specially the ones on the forums) are just bad at the class. That’s all there is, like people have NOT been able to move on after the hambow nerf or are simply scared to take risks.

I’m talking about PvP. Like people have NEVER bothered doing basic things such as dodge counting and baiting stun breaks for the life of them either. Warrior is just THAT rewarding when you’re good at the game, specially with the basic stuff that I mentioned.

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903

It’s not GW2 launch anymore folks, move on. And follow my stream instead of wasting time on the forums.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

It’s not GW2 launch anymore folks, move on. And follow my stream instead of wasting time on the forums.

“I’m the self-proclaimed best warrior in the game so I beg of you to give me attention because after weeks of trash talking and pleas for more viewers I still have only a few dozen followers.”

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

even dodge counting doesn’t make bad builds viable. the only risk you take, is the risk to play against people who aren’t to dumb to outplay a berserk warrior with frenzy,rampage and defiant stance.
if you want to play risky berserk builds , go shatter mes, thief, fresh air ele or offguard, your teammates will thank you.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I would say a few words but it wont end well for me again.
Instead i have a question; isnt advertising a stream against the forum rules?

…espesially the ones where some self proclaimed guy uses killshot against staff ele with magnetic aura up?

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

but but but… the elementalist has dodged twice !

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

<snip>

Warning. Large Wall Incoming.

I probably should have elaborated, but things like changing Berserker Stance, or having Cleansing Ire are mere partial fixes to the bigger problems with the Warrior. “Delaying” a point as a glass cannon is not what anyone would call a perk when you have to sacrifice all other capabilities to do so, and there has been enough debate by all other professions on the practical nature of popping stances to see why it really is not as powerful as you would think.

I instead present the argument that our trait-lines themselves are an issue. Every profession has these issues naturally, but Warriors, given our ease of entry and lack of depth, the traits having issues is further detrimental. Hell, watch this:

Defense Tree is broken in a bad way.

- Shield Master might be the only well-placed adept trait in the tree, off-handed reduced cooldowns and increased toughness, very fair.
- Dogged March (Originally) was too strong, taken literally over anything else all the time. The reason being that Warriors are supposed to be mobile fighters, I would say half or more of their skills involve them leaping, sliding, rushing, etc at enemies, and cripple, immobilize and chill are the worst. It was a no-brainer, but the regeneration was a bit too strong so they needed to nerf it a bit to keep it at this tier. Too bad it is still taken over anything else, as some of the other traits ought to really be minor traits.
- Sure-Footed to be honest with you, should have been somewhere else. I would even make it a minor trait as stances are such a fundamental part of a warrior build, and making it say…a master minor in Arms or perhaps Strength, might help see Warriors build in those lines for more diversity and that advantage.
- Vigorous Return zzzzz
- Missile Deflection you know what? THAT should have been the effect instead of toughness for the Shield Master trait. Just a thought, given how weak Warriors can be when kited. As for the trait itself, again Dogged March just makes it difficult to choose it.
- Cull the Weak why isn’t this the Grandmaster Minor Trait of the Defense line, so you actually start to see more Warhorn, Hammers and Maces? Of course the % damage would have to be bumped if you were putting 5 points into the tree.
- Sundering Mace is fine. The mace itself has a very niche role that is getting better (I must admit).
- Last Stand is actually the only thing counter-balancing Cleansing Ire in this tier. Stability or Condition clear, though I believe people are starting to realize CI is probably better and just run Stability on the bar instead.
- Cleansing Ire, was one of the few changes in the right direction, yet everyone and their mothers complained about it. They quickly forgot how easy bags we were when Rifle/Greatsword was our only way to be viable, but once we started sticking around for more than 10 seconds in a fight they couldn’t handle it. I will stand by this trait…though in a previous post long ago I talked about how it might be possible to shift this up a level to Grandmaster, but that’s for another time.
- Merciless Hammer, probably would be nicer if ‘Disabled’ also meant ‘Crippled’ too.
- Defy Pain is one of the few traits that a good warrior will know how to use well, and a bad warrior will mess up on.
- Spiked Armor, no comment until we know if Warriors will get a taunt (Super likely). I actually like running this trait occasionally, you do notice the damage it does to things but there are a lot of smart players out there.
- Rousing Resilience actually has a secret effect with Balanced Stance…cough. Still, the problem is that even if you don’t choose Defy Pain or Spiked Armor, you will still go down a tier for any other Master trait over this one.

I would hit up the Defense Tree minors, but I feel like they are justified in their positions. The problem is that not just Defense, but every tree has only 3-5 traits you will choose always for it over the others.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

(Cont.)

Half. Warriors are half a profession, we have half viable traits, we have half utilities (Do you want me to name the bad ones? I can and will if you ask), the only thing we got right as of RIGHT NOW, might be our Weapons! Thank god there is something that sees action across the board. Rifle might be the least used of them all, but it seems like A-Net is starting to see it and actually put forth changes.

And when you have half of what you should have, you become predictable, and we do have a lot of easy telegraphs don’t we? Easy enough to get reflected back at us.

The only, specific reason Warriors are still seen in High-Level PvP, is that they still bring a weight to the table (Battle Standard and Immunities on Conquest Points). But make no mistake, Warriors are beat in every specific catagory in SPvP, but at least we do everything fairly well, right?

Lastly, don’t diminish the skill levels of everyone on these forums, many of them have put more time into their Warriors than you can even conceive. You aren’t the first one to try ‘moving to different builds’, we’ve been there first.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

…. if we ask warrior to get buff you guys QQ and warrior doesn’t need anymore balance because it’s already balance i cant even kill 2 necromancer on spvp and 2 mesmers on spvp and mix of those 2 classes unless they are bad i can win 1vs1 but not 1vs2 of them.

you need to re-read what you typed there and think about what ‘balance’ means.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court