Why is this even allowed?

in Warrior

Posted by: woox.9568

woox.9568

I’ve attached a pic of me getting hit for a 11.5k damage in wvw by a warrior. As if they weren’t strong enough in melee range and their defense wasn’t good enough, it seems that now they are capable of destruction from afar as well. But nooooo Arena-Net, warriors aren’t overpowered, better nerf those pesky thieves instead.

I could be wrong though. I am not exactly familiar with the warrior so can someone tell me if this attack was a really lucky, or certain conditions were met to hit me that hard or what?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

I’ve attached a pic of me getting hit for a 11.5k damage in wvw by a warrior. As if they weren’t strong enough in melee range and their defense wasn’t good enough, it seems that now they are capable of destruction from afar as well. But nooooo Arena-Net, warriors aren’t overpowered, better nerf those pesky thieves instead.

I could be wrong though. I am not exactly familiar with the warrior so can someone tell me if this attack was a really lucky, or certain conditions were met to hit me that hard or what?

Thanks in advance!

He used kill shot.

It’s called kill shot.

And is easily avoided.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Warrior

woox.9568

Thanks for that captain but you didn’t answer my question.

in Warrior

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Alright.

Probably normal conditions. By which I mean the conditions of the warrior having full adrenaline and the condition of you not doing anything while the warrior sits still for nearly 2 seconds and fires a straight shot at you.

“Captain”.

Edit: Likewise, aside from the fact that dying to Kill Shot is laughable, your message history has a lot of warrior-hate. And yet you claim to be “not exactly familiar with the warrior.” Maybe do some research next time.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

(edited by OptimistPrime.9283)

in Warrior

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Killshot requires a full bar of adrenaline and a lucky crit to do that. It also has like a 3s cast time that roots. the warrior cannot move while using this skill. it can be easily avoided by dodging, blocking, blinding, simply running away from it etc… etc… this is a hard skill to get off, and is really only viable in group pvp.

So to summarize, it’s kind of embarassing you died to it but it’s hardly OP considering it has massive limitations. Other classes can pull off a hit this big much more easily.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Warrior

woox.9568

thanks for the help!!! i was mining at the time so i was not aware of my surroundings :P

in Warrior

Posted by: RagNoRawk.3625

RagNoRawk.3625

It doesn’t really take luck to get it to crit since its one of the burst skills and a kill shot warrior probably has the increased crit chance on burst skills specced. However, looking at the combat log, his kill shot did proc both sigil of air AND fire in the same hit, which was kinda lucky I guess. REKT.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Kill shot:

Damage Level 1 damage: 869 (2.25)?
Damage Level 2 damage: 1,063 (2.75)?
Damage Level 3 damage: 1,256 (3.25)?
Combo.png Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
Range.png Range: 1,500

He also Procced two sigils on his rifle.

The conditions he met to wreck you were you standing still for the 1.75 seconds it took for him to channel the move/not dodging.

Watch that mining next time. Kill shot is famous in WVW for 1shot sniping out key players. It has horrible drawbacks for most any target that is moving. If you’re immob’d or unaware though…

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ylias.1957

Ylias.1957

The animation is obvious and the cast time is like 3 seconds. I think that by then you should have reacted.

I love reflecting the Killshot back at them.

Hodor.

(edited by Ylias.1957)

in Warrior

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

It’s also possible that he was under the effects of at least 8 stacks of might, fury, and signet of might. Against a thief… yeah, 11.5k at least. He might have also have had bloodlust stacks as well, and a force sigil.

That’s w/ soldier’s armor. If he was min/maxing (why you would do that in wvw, I don’t know), it could’ve been more. I think I’ve seen a 18k killshot on Lupi. I was drunk at the time, but I remember (this was a long time ago too) being very impressed. (I had might, fury, both banners w/ force and berserker’s armor (mismatched).

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve hit over 24k killshots in Arah on the risen priest of melandru before and that was in a duo. I’m pretty sure a 30k+ is possible.

in Warrior

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Thanks in advance!

You should answer your own question. Why did you allow it to happen?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

OP, do you make a new thread everytime someone kills you in wvw? You posted on thief forums, I am going to check other classes’ forums to see your heartbreaking story why you ate someone’s burst.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Warrior

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

me not playing warrior, me hating how warrior has nearly no weakness, yet thinking its silly that u hate a warrior cause u died to killshot wich is pretty much the most easy skill to avoid probably

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

As a thief you have enough tools to prevent a rifle warrior from hitting anything other than air, pretty much indefinitely, unless you make a mistake.

So tighten your game, and stop entering a comatose, vegetable like state in-game where you get kill shotted and take 3 volley hits right after.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Thats like the easiest skill to evade really..unless he’s using frenzy,in which case you will still see him kneel down and aiming his rifle.Unless he’s sniping behind 5 – 10 other guys…its understandable youl get hit.But in every other case if you see a warrior kneel down..get ready to dodge,block,or use an invulnerability

in Warrior

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I always find it funny when I see thieves asking for a rifle with a kill shot on their forum, without their realizing why it wouldn’t be good for anyone else!

in Warrior

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I always find it funny when I see thieves asking for a rifle with a kill shot on their forum, without their realizing why it wouldn’t be good for anyone else!

A facestab at long range is hardly a Killshot.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

That’s not even a good Killshot oO
If you have blind on stealth, CnD and he wont hit you
or even better, use Steal when he kneels and use Whirling Axe
Laugh when he shoots himself

“it seems that now they are capable of destruction from afar as well.”
Killshot has been the same since start of the game, this has always been possible

A 26K Killshot when I was trolling around in EB(think this is at least 8 months ago)

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Warrior

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

The animation is obvious and the cast time is like 3 seconds. I think that by then you should have reacted.

I love reflecting the Kill shot back at them.

EDIT: Look, Shad’s in the background. How epic!

It’s not even 2 seconds, let alone 3.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

1,75s still easy to dodge

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Warrior

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

1,75s still easy to dodge

I never said it wasn’t easy to dodge, I’m just pointing out people always lying about Kill Shot

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

And that is a low damage kill shot :P

haww man, when a 20k+ KS gets reflected by WoR :]

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

It does answer the question, the condition is that you need to get hit by that kitten.

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

so funny someone whining about killshot.

in Warrior

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Double sigil kill shot ;-)
Look at that volley dmg!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

thanks for the help!!! i was mining at the time so i was not aware of my surroundings :P

Most….epic….post….

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.