Why should I main Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

So I play Guardian, but I’m getting a bit tired of it, and my Sylvari is more buggy than ever in cosmetics so I’m really tired of it. I also have a Thief, my second most played character but Idk even with that on count I don’t do that great with it.

With all this being said and having a lvl 80 Warrior that I never really touched, I was thinking in maining it for a while, at least till end of this Living Story season so see how class goes. I love GS and this love for swords allways makes me going back to my Guardian from my Thief.

So, I might main the Warrior, I like sPvP, PvE Dgns and WvW Roaming, how is the GS in this areas of the game? Good, Great? I’ve been using it in sPvP and it’s really fun, I use it with Bow and so I’m not sure of what is the best off-hand with a GS, Bow is just so general, loads of Warriors use it so.

Also if you have builds for this areas of the game with GS I would appreaciate (I know the PvE Meta and how GS Warrior is a must there)

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

Why are you growing tired of Guardian?

I think the warrior has a more no-nonsense to-the-point play style, more so than others. You can pretty much enjoy being OP and laugh at others who struggle and put in 10x more effort to achieve less of a result. All in all the warrior doesn’t have much when it comes to saving allies aside from gimmicky traiting; warrior support is pretty much strictly offensive with some CCs here and there for peeling enemies off allies. The GS as far as I know is great in all these areas but takes more skill in PvP and WvW.

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

I think the warrior has a more no-nonsense to-the-point play style, more so than others. You can pretty much enjoy being OP and laugh at others who struggle and put in 10x more effort to achieve less of a result. All in all the warrior doesn’t have much when it comes to saving allies aside from gimmicky traiting; warrior support is pretty much strictly offensive with some CCs here and there for peeling enemies off allies. The GS as far as I know is great in all these areas but takes more skill in PvP and WvW.

I haven’t got tired of the Guardian class but from the character. I role-play a lot, the way my character looks is very important for me to enjoy an RPG, and my guardian look buggy and I got tired of the Sylvari, if I had another Guardian I would problably continue, but I don’t have it and I don’t feel like doing another one

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The Warrior is a riskier guardian. You’d be trading damage mitigation and condition mitigation (and some team support) for power and mobility.

Tanky/Support <Guardian> <————————————→ <Warrior> Speed/DPS

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

The Warrior is a riskier guardian. You’d be trading damage mitigation and condition mitigation (and some team support) for power and mobility.

Tanky/Support <Guardian> <————————————-> <Warrior> Speed/DPS

I mostly played my Guardian with Meditations in PvP, not bunker, but now I’m playing bunekr with it

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Tanky/Support <Guardian> <————————————-> <Warrior> Speed/DPS

I mostly played my Guardian with Meditations in PvP, not bunker, but now I’m playing bunekr with it

There’s a lot of overlap between Warrior and Guardian. It really boils down to if you favor DPS/Mobile over Support/SOMANYBUFFS.

You may not feel much of a difference between them both. Warrior may feel a bit more “to-the-point” to you, as previously stated.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

Why should you main a warrior?
Speed, lots of CC, mobility and decent defense stats!

And on top of that, great weapon variety.
If you like swords, fear not.
Greatsword is the weapon of choice in almost all pve content for dps.
Even the One-hand sword has its uses, mostly in WvW though. Great mobility and dem crits. 9k instant damage

The warrior is for fast-paced action.
The guardian is more of a “hold your ground” type or support.

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I main a sylvari Warrior, and I find it fun to gear him differently. It takes a bit moer tweaking than the average human to get thegear perfect but when you do get it done it’s better than anything a human can do. Dressing a Charr is the real challenge.

As for Playability:
If it’s PvE Guardian out DPS and out supports Warriors in all sense, anyone who thinks otherwise is comparing a clerics guardian to a serkers warrior or is still stuck on DPH (Damage per hit/skill) rather than DPS.

WvW/SPvP. I think this is where the Warrior shines. Not because of anyone one OP build that dominates any one field, but its the fact that there are TONS of viable builds with various weapon setups that you can pick from. Almost every weapon set up has a use, well spread out traits, and your large HP pools allow you to be more open to your gearing choices.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

From a wvw pov, the warrior just has so many weapons and ways to build it, I find it fun to always experiment. I’ve used every weapon in anyway i can think of, even a gs for a condition build, sure the gs itself isn’t a condition weapon, but with traits and so many other weapons and armor combos, I’ve used it to compliment another weapon for a condition build. It may not be the most effective but with so many different things to experiment with, if u can afford and don’t mind, there’s a lot of fun in that department.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

warrior strong! grrrrr

Would it be cool to live forever?

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

You played for one hour pugging and now are giving out expert advise, interesting

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

Okay one more question
I’ve been playing Bunker Warrior in PvP, I think i will play it for a while, since it can carry so easy, at least till I get close to the title, and then I will most likely try to main GS. What do you think is the best combo? Mace/Shield or Axe/Shield or the Bow?

At this point I think I mind as well main Warrior, been playing it so much in PvP I can’t even play Medi Guard straight again, or Bunker even

in Warrior

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

guardians are beating bags, warriors beat bags

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

guardians are beating bags, warriors beat bags

Not all, I could beat Warrior with my Medi Guard when I was used to it. I didn’t know it would take such a short time to get unused to it, it was like 3 weeks focusing Thief and Warrior and BAM, like the game sayin to me “kitten you you can’t play Guardian anymore”

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Warrior with GS and Axe in PVE runs through content like no other. Guardians in PVE can def out damage a warrior, but a warrior is a complete juggernaut…. Meaning, you can crush whatever is in front of you and not worry about cooldowns due to fast weapon swap, you can literally just tear into things and let healing signet and mango pies take care of the healing. With that said, when it comes to wvw/pvp, GS is still good just harder to use. All Warrior weapons are good honestly. Hammer and 1h Sword are real popular

in Warrior

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

You played for one hour pugging and now are giving out expert advise, interesting

You know what, this is expert advice. You disagree with any part of what I said you’re welcome to dispute it, but I guarantee you you will be crushed trying to argue your point. If you don’t, then you can continue passively sitting there and dealing with it

in Warrior

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

i did my warrior main character because it use better the shield …. i love warrior shield