Will Dual Shot ever be improved?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

The auto attack for Longbow is…terrible. While I think Longbow is a good weapon in general, Dual Shot feels incredibly underpowered. It has a slow attack speed, low damage, and no secondary effect.

Longbow is already a condition-based weapon, so why not add a condition to Dual Shot to bring it inline with the rest of the abilities? I would swap it with Rifle’s auto attack and add a short duration bleed for each shot, like 2 seconds, and if both shots land it applies 2 stacks. Then buff Rifle’s auto attack to deal more damage. That way Rifle is the direct damage weapon, and Longbow is the condition weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Feed.4531

Feed.4531

Smack a Sigil of Earth on your LB and fire through your Combustive Shot. 5 points in arms for Precise Strikes and you’ve got yourself an ability that fires two shots which can both apply bleeding and burning on a no second cooldown. Pretty good for softening opponents from a distance, making them burn their condition removals before using your more deadly abilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

Actually way back in some closed beta footage (and maybe some E3 stuff) there’s a video of some warrior fighting a dragon with a group. It’s hard to tell where he is because he’s using a handheld cam to record but you can see that his bar for longbow looks different.

Longbow one, which he mouses over, has a burning condition on it and I see no x2 on there for shots. I want that back. I could also be cool with longbow 5 in there which is a fiery barrage akin to the rangers.

Sorry I couldn’t find video, but it’s out there on youtube.

in Warrior

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

My dual shot crits for 2k buddy. It’s not that bad bro

in Warrior

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I think dual shot’s pretty good right now, especially if you spec into Stronger Bowstrings for 100% chance to do double projectile finishers.

Does anyone know if the bug where Stronger Bowstrings reduces your Dual Shot damage still exists?

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

In my glass pve gear I don’t hit 2k dual shots god you must run an even glassier setup than what I take to pve lol.

Dual Shot is bad I’d gladly take a bleed or a burning arrow auto over it then we could work towards getting a decent 2 skill for the longbow.

in Warrior

Bear on the job.6273

I don’t know how your dual shot is critting for 2k, unless you’re hitting an up-leveled player in WvW. And you are probably not using the Stronger Bowstrings trait. That is still bugged and reduces the damage of dual shot…which may be my issue.

I currently do use sigil of earth on my bow (one of my bows at least), and I’ve got 20pts in arms. But still, that’s a lot of investment just to get a chance for a bleed, and one of them has a cool down. I’m just saying, a lot of other auto attacks in the game with similar low damage also have a condition associated with them. In a condition-heavy weapon, it would only seem natural for longbow to have that too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Weggie.3215

Weggie.3215

I think Dual Shot is just fine unless you want to use your Longbow as the Main Weapon. I love the longbow but Dual Shot is just filler, Drop Combustive Shot, combo w/ arcing arrow, use whatever skill until you can switch weaps. They already improved the projectile speed of Dual Shot… I can still remember the time when your arrows were like bullets from The Matrix lolz. But if Anet will improve Dual Shot, hey who am I to argue right?

To OP – What condition would you like to see in Dual Shot besides the obvious Burning and Bleed options?

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

lol what the… It’s fine unless you want to use it as your main weapon lol. Straight up classic warrior forums right there. So it’s not fine lol

in Warrior

Bear on the job.6273

To OP – What condition would you like to see in Dual Shot besides the obvious Burning and Bleed options?

Well optimally, I would like to see a very short duration bleed for each Dual Shot projectile. Something like a 2-3 second bleed for each shot, so you get a 2 stack if both hit. If bleeds are deemed too powerful for some reason…maybe a single stack of vulnerability for each shot, around 5-8 second duration. But bleed seems like an obvious thing to me.

I started this topic because I’ve been comparing Longbow to some of the other condition-oriented weapons from other classes. Stuff like Engi pistol auto-attack, Thief pistol, or Necro scepter. They are all low direct damage attacks by themselves, but stack bleeds to compliment it. Even looking at Ranger shortbow, which has an incredibly fast attack speed, but very low damage auto-attack. That thing can stack bleeds like crazy.

To me, Longbow is the condition damage weapon for warriors. 2-slot is burning, 5-slot is an awesome bleed stack, and the burst skill is awesome AOE burning. 3 slot is the obligatory high direct damage attack that most condition weapons seem to have (for some reason). But when you’re on cooldown for all those other attacks, auto-attack feels like spitballs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Its actually meant to be a skill that grants a higher ‘proc’ rate due to hitting more often and gains adrenaline quicker. It can be 2 ‘projectile’ finishers at once also. Considering the longbow’s burst skill is a fire field, that’s an awesome amount of condition application.

As one dev said in an interview, it can be used to mitigate boons like Aegis by simply pressing ‘1’. He gave pause to that statement while saying it because he was slowly realizing how extremely overvalued Aegis was, and still is.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

How is the less than 1 second of burn from dual shot going through combustive shot’s fire field an awesome amount of condition application?

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

How is the less than 1 second of burn from dual shot going through combustive shot’s fire field an awesome amount of condition application?

It hits twice. When traited, its 2 definite finishers. 2 seconds of burning on a target with a 1.19s attack rate skill means you’re stacking up burn. Not to mention if they’re standing in Combustive Shot’s field they’re already getting hit with up to 5 stacks of 2 seconds of burning.

The fact that it’s constantly re-applying defeats most classes burst cleanse as well.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

If it’s traited you will do less damage overall cause of the 10% damage buff they gave to dual shot a couple patches ago but forgot to apply to stronger bow strings trait. It’s very hard to get ppl to stand in combustive shot let along keep plinking away on someone to stack a very weak burn.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

You’re not really defeating a burst cleanse either since alot of classes have passive removal let alone they save their cleanse for pin down which is the setup for other abilities.

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

You’re not really defeating a burst cleanse either since alot of classes have passive removal let alone they save their cleanse for pin down which is the setup for other abilities.

If they’re saving their cleanse, they’re taking the burning damage anyway…so who cares.

Passive removal is build-reliant.

Burst cleanse is how most builds remove bad condition situations. Quick re-application of short duration conditions defeats it.

I’m not arguing any one particular build over another, I’m just stating general facts about the game.

If it’s traited you will do less damage overall cause of the 10% damage buff they gave to dual shot a couple patches ago but forgot to apply to stronger bow strings trait. It’s very hard to get ppl to stand in combustive shot let along keep plinking away on someone to stack a very weak burn.

If you build for condition damage burning is actually pretty strong. Stack that on bleeding applications you’ll definitely be getting off and its got a lot of ranged condi potential. People usually don’t build that way with the warrior though.

The trait will be fixed in due time.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

I’m saying the damage is so poor longbow isn’t used that way.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

ya there’s a reason why they don’t build that way

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

lol you have to trait for a chance to do that and bleed specs on a warrior are doody the only reason you want to have a bleed up on your target is to take advantage of the grandmaster minor in arms.

and just lol 900×2 is 1800 yeah almost 2k except he said his wakittenting for 2k. Dual Shot in glass gear will hit for 1200 crit. With full adrenaline, 25 stacks of might, food and bloodlust you might get to 2k in a perfect wolrd.

in Warrior

Posted by: THEmeltor.7295

THEmeltor.7295

Longbow is a hybrid weapon. It’s AA can hit for decent damage and is great for proccing on-crit effects as you get 2 hits per AA. With just the AA and the minor trait in Arms I can usually stack around 5 bleeds just after a few volleys. Arcing Arrow hits like a truck. Combustive Shot provides a huge, long-lasting fire field. Pin Down is a looong immobilize and 6 stacks of bleed. You also have an AoE blind on a 15 sec. cooldown. I don’t spec for Stronger Bowstrings so I don’t run into the reduced damage bug, but that is a pain in the kitten .

I think the Longbow is in a really good place. Much better than the Ranger’s LB, IMO. I honestly think both the Warrior’s Ranged weapons are in good spots. People just have to recognize that they are hybrid weapons and are therefore not going to be perfect for people who focus solely on pure damage or pure conditions.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

ugh more tooltip quoting. It’s a very bad skill to stack bleeds with I ran a high crit build wtih the arms minor and bleed on crit sigil and you barely hit that 5 stack of bleed unless your sitting there plinking away forever. The aoe blind is a pathetic melee range radius.

Who the f cares about the ranger longbow what does that have to do about making warrior’s longbow less doody.

There is no reason not to have a bleed, burn or some kind of 3 shot chain with even poison for the auto attack as of right now the AA is a very under performing AA.

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

Also both range weapons are Direct Damage weapons there is nothing hybrid about them when they under perform so poorly in the condition department.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Dual Shot is also giving double adrenaline over a single arrow. So, if you have one of those archers with 100% crit and the extra adrenaline strike on crit, a Dual Shot is 4 strikes of adrenaline for more Combustive Shots.

I was running a 0, 30, 0, 10, 30 build in WvW the other night with Burst Mastery as well (noobin’ it up with 5 signets lol), and yeah… dual shot is mainly there as an adrenaline builder for your real attacks. It is a double projectile finisher than can add bleed stacks too though.