Winds of Disenchantment and Effect LOD

in Warrior

Posted by: aerodynamique.5267

aerodynamique.5267

Brief post b/c I just want to get to the point— People can’t play with effect LOD turned off because of how much it destroys your FPS in zerg fights, and Winds of Disenchantment doesn’t seem to be prioritized as something to be displayed with LOD checked. In WvW, it’s extremely punishing to just have suddenly all of your boons gone without any indication. I can’t see Winds, but, I can see Staff #3 from guard on the ground, which is essentially irrelevant compared to it. The alternate is that I check effect LOD and get 2-5 FPS, which is impossible in a melee train.

Some sort of indication of friendly/hostile Winds would also be nice.

competitive ele guyyyy

(edited by aerodynamique.5267)

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I second that. Me and my guild have been dealing with that exact problem on yesterday’s raid :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Samuel.8053

Samuel.8053

literally same. I cannot agree more. +1 aeroxedynfamic

in Warrior

Posted by: Demonftw.4705

Demonftw.4705

Nani! This is so true! There should be a way to distinguish between friendly/hostile, good post. +1

in Warrior

Posted by: Freakae.7156

Freakae.7156

this much problem, my guild comander say warrior winds, gogogo listen to comms and make pay attention. I play melee caster I say what i no see, maybe color blind?? all is vain, this is make problem in worldvworldvworld in new expandsion

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

I think this is crucial.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in Warrior

Posted by: Beezlebub.1538

Beezlebub.1538

Can’t agree more about this. I didn’t even know I had LOD effects checked, and as soon as I unchecked it, My 1080 couldn’t even render wvw above 10FPS.

Also, lightning field? Why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Also, lightning field? Why?

When you leap into a lightning field, you create a combo and get an additional daze effect, which is consistent with the spec. The daze can proc Dispelling Force and No Escape, so the combo enhances leap skills like sword #2 and dagger #2.

However, the fact that Winds of Disenchantment already remove boons decreases the potential of the combo: Dispelling Force should trigger only if the opponent is outside the field.