Would either of these work?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Why do you want to be tankier? You can already reach +/- 3k armor without equipping any armor parts or trinkets with thoughness. Thats more then enough. Your sustain lies in your healing signet and adrenaline health pulses anyway. No Durability runes needed. Unless you are adicted to the boon duration overdose xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Sure, it’ll work. You’ve taken the standard build and added some vitality and some tankier runes to it. Imo, the only reason to do this is if you find you’re dying too often with straight zerk.

If you’re spending too much time downed, dead, or playing defensively while in zerk gear, but not with these runes and armor set, then stick with this. But it’s not without trade off… if you don’t have any trouble while glass, then it seems to me that you’re unnecessarily sacrificing offensive stats.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Warrior is the one class that absolutely doesn’t need durability runes. It already has Warrior sprint, Dogged March, Brawlers recovery, Cleansing Ire, Several Other utilities to clear condis and a Ton of no strippable Resistance.

Who ever told you to run Dura runes on warrior is BAD. Out of all classes Warrior is the one that doesn’t need them.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i run pack rune on my warrior and durability on my ele :-)
I think surging rune is an intresting one for warrior. I use it in PvP quite often.
And for melee warrior scrapper rune is good.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

You can run Pack runes like Wolfric Suggested and Furious sharpening stone and like a soldier amulet and litterally have better stats than both of your builds.

Check the link and stop the Durability following.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAVhgdhAmkCciglrADJAkAKAK5gWXN49zWaftA-TlCHABEcBAG4BAUwBBAIleyr+zTKBbZ/BAOCAhpbQIlBBAQAu5NzmtZwQH6QH6QHa38mD9mD9mlCIwtWA-w

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I’m looking to be a bit tankier, while still dealing copious amounts of hurt. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Dolyak signet gives you +180 toughness
Furious sharpening stone gives you +100 toughness
Thick skin gives you +180 toughness
Having a shield equipped gives you +64 toughness
Spiked armor gives you +150 toughness when it triggers
If you are on a decent server you will have the +100toughness from the map bonusses.
Bowl of lemongrass mussel pasta gives +70 toughness inc +10% damage reduction,
you can see the +10% damage reduction as a passive toughness buff, you can calculate it.
When Im standing in OS I have:
2,531power
2907 armor
50.19%crit chance
1209 ferocity/230.6%critical damage
45% might duration
So I have more might duration then you, more armor then you, and more power and ferocity then you. And I dont even run full ascended.
And you want to give up all of this for a little bit more boon duration? So you can have a couple of seconds more resistance? Tell me, why did you do that :P ?

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I mean, nobody told me to run them, was just a thought, I’m on T1 and it’s just rare that I ever have less than a 1v3. It’s a constant roaming challenge, so just wanted some extra durability.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

I run this one and it works well for roaming. Don´t know if i stick to it.
Good movement around the map tanky enough and hits hard.
I prefer shattering blow over berserkers stance, but with all the condies running around it´s better most of the time. Will get earings next. My ascended gear is cele or condi ..

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBhOD7kpDoKEstDwsDgoUsQEYvF3lb01IAEBGAItu+2IA-T1yDwA8Uid4BAET9nKHBAoKPQoE0juBAm4kfQAScBA0t/QAAEA25R3ZIDQxYA-w

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Warrior

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I run this one and it works well for roaming. Don´t know if i stick to it.
Good movement around the map tanky enough and hits hard.
I prefer shattering blow over berserkers stance, but with all the condies running around it´s better most of the time.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBhOD7kpDoKEstDwsDgoUsQEYvF3lb01IAEBGAItu+2IA-T1yDwA8Uid4BAET9nKHBAoKPQoE0juBAm4kfQAScBA0t/QAAEA25R3ZIDQxYA-w

Omg that is toughness overkill. Even blobbing puggs run less toughness :O
Also no dicipline or stability :/ fast hands and burst mastery ftw

U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

I know that most like discipline but it´s not so mandatory. I like strength more.
And it´s not no stab. :-). But i agree its low on stability. One reason i like shatteing blow which gives stability. In small scale combat it works with two stunbreakers and the stomp stability. But i will change the earrings to berserker and valk soon …

in Warrior

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I personally do not like durability runes on power berserker and instead I prefer scrapper or pack runes.

In any case you can’t go wrong with boon duration anyway so…

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Warrior

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Switch your armor to Commander, pick up Mussels Gnashblade food, Bountiful Sharpening stone, use Sigil of Concentration and then take Heightened Focus.

Afterwards watch everything around you die quickly while you remain relatively untouched. The boon stacking is epic allowing for the build to remain extremely tanky from both condi and power while hitting so hard they won’t remember last week.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)