[WvW] Build: GS, Sword/?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Hey guys
I am currently working on ascending my WvW Solo Roaming Build.
I am using GS for mobility and sword MH for mobility as well as the f1->100b combo.
Now I am not sure about my OH
- Axe: terrible in WvW (how can it even be that the thieves’ stolen ability is way more useful than our original 5 skill?)
- Mace: nice in PvE but the lack of defense (no mobility, blocks whatsoever) makes it bad in WvW imo
- Warhorn: good for swiftness and vigor/weakness and I like it in PvE, but in WvW there are better options (especially for Solo Roaming)
- Shield: used to run with this and I think it is probably my favorite to date – stun for #3 or #F1 on sword or against ressing/stomping enemies & 3 sec block
- Sword: well… that’s the question:
I never used Sword OH as I always run power on my warrior – but it seems like the second #4 skill has nice dmg if u are able to “land” it – also the block is mainly against ranged enemies but on a shorter CD than the one from shield

What would you recommend me? Shield or sword (I have no condition dmg at all) or any other OH weapon?

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Hey guys
I am currently working on ascending my WvW Solo Roaming Build.
I am using GS for mobility and sword MH for mobility as well as the f1->100b combo.
Now I am not sure about my OH
- Axe: terrible in WvW (how can it even be that the thieves’ stolen ability is way more useful than our original 5 skill)
- Mace: nice in PvE but the lack of defense (no mobility, blocks whatsoever) makes it bad in WvW imo
- Warhorn: good for swiftness and vigor/weakness and I like it in PvE, but in WvW there are better options (especially for Solo Roaming)
- Shield: used to run with this and I think it is probably my favorite to date – stun for #3 or #F1 on sword or against ressing/stomping enemies & 3 sec block
- Sword: well… that’s the question:
I never used Sword OH as I always run power on my warrior – but it seems like the second #4 skill has nice dmg if u are able to “land” it – also the block is mainly against ranged enemies but on a shorter CD than the one from shield

What would you recommend me? Shield or sword (I have no condition dmg at all) or any other OH weapon?

Shield. Both skills are good, and you bave no interrupt on your other weapons. Vital for solo roaming. You have your build already? Cause I used to run this.

and the stolen axe skill is better because it should be. It is their class mechanic.

that being said, having axe 5 reflect projectiles or even having the possibility to trait it as such wod make axe OH viable instantly.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

(I have no condition dmg at all)

Shield

in Warrior

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Ok then it seems clear – then I’ll stay with my shield
Yeah I already have my build, 30/0/20/0/20 with traveller runes (in order to take -20% CD on signets and Mobile strikes as immobilize always seems to be my greatest threat)
For skills I use balanced stance, dolyak-signet and berserker’s stance
Thx for your time

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

This is the build I’ll be running when I have my Warrior at 80

For my I did some changes since I hate to see the 916 toughness (yes I’m picky) and I’ll go with this, not much of a difference.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBMhFaE0J5N2xFiJOAcekETTpUMXdJFixGA-j0yAYLioRySgoPgJvioxWJDSbIaNiwqYwUuLqWFD4PwkBQfLA-w

Oh btw in ths vid he get rune of the monk for 15% boon duration but the main reason is to get perma swiftness, so since it just to get that I’ve prefered to go with runes of the pack and get 2k Power

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant