WvW Food buffs - which ones?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Hello guys. First off I’m just going to post the build so if you want you can take a look:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAseSjMdQZI2FCWhAnIG6BKtNC/fwCgCICwaoHyBA-TVRSwAkUCOR5HN9BA2fAq6PBAQAuZb2m3MASBIqWL-w

This is my WvW build atm. I find it works wonders in our group. Very easy to move around and the damage is sickening. And this is where my question comes.

As you see I have Pack runes and usually Signet of Rage, basically 100% fury uptime. I’m around 80% crit chance in a fight most of the time. What I ask is Ferocity or power? I can squeeze out another 250 power from just food, but I would loose around 10% crit damage.

So 10% Power or 10% Ferocity? I’m looking for someone who knows how all of this scales. The build is super-strong as it is if you know how to bait stabilities and use your dodges, but I just really like big numbers. And the Earthshaker>Backbreaker>Fierce Blow combo crits for around 18-20K on a regular basis. I’m looking for that 10K backbreaker. I’ve had a 9.1K on a thief but I’m positive a 10K one is possible.

If someone knows the maths I will try it out Cheers. G’day.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: RobLnd.1074

RobLnd.1074

Power is always better than ferocity in equal amounts as far as I am aware, so would go spicy butternut or truffle steak etc. with power as main stat. Defo spicy butternut if you’re going for the high numbers.

Buuuut those sharpening stones are nice for making the most of stat gain especially on a build with less defensive stats, because of giving all dat toughness too, so would personally stick with those.

[NB] Charri – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by RobLnd.1074)

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

Power is always better than ferocity in equal amounts as far as I am aware, so would go spicy butternut or truffle steak etc. with power as main stat. Defo spicy butternut if you’re going for the high numbers.

Buuuut those sharpening stones are nice for making the most of stat gain especially on a build with less defensive stats, because of giving all dat toughness too, so would personally stick with those.

There’s that too. With the extra bit of toughness. I can’t tank anything now anyway so I don’t think that little extra toughness would make too much of a difference though. I kind of rely on vitality for migitation. What’s your source on the power>ferocity scaling?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I may not know how to warrior but this I can help with.

As Rob said, power is better by quite a margin. 10% crit damage, considering you’re already at 215%, will increase the damage on crit by roughly 4,5? (10/215). Seeing how you crit 80% of the time, that means a ~3,5% total damage increase.

Meanwhile, adding 250 power, or 10% extra, will give you 10% extra damage straight out.

To be fair, you’re comparing 150 ferocity to 250 power, which isn’t really logical, but even in equal amounts, power is a lot better (almost always).

I’d recommend gw2power.com
Excellent tool.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

I may not know how to warrior but this I can help with.

As Rob said, power is better by quite a margin. 10% crit damage, considering you’re already at 215%, will increase the damage on crit by roughly 4,5? (10/215). Seeing how you crit 80% of the time, that means a ~3,5% total damage increase.

Meanwhile, adding 250 power, or 10% extra, will give you 10% extra damage straight out.

To be fair, you’re comparing 150 ferocity to 250 power, which isn’t really logical, but even in equal amounts, power is a lot better (almost always).

I’d recommend gw2power.com
Excellent tool.

Thanks alot!

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Best foods for warrior.
Power
Omnom pie. Life steal.
Lemongrass Soup -40 Condi
Mango Pie Regen
Butternut Squash Dammage

Condi
Cactus Fruit Salad Condi duration + life steal
Pizza or Koi Cakes

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Best foods for warrior.
Power
Omnom pie. Life steal.
Lemongrass Soup -40 Condi
Mango Pie Regen
Butternut Squash Dammage

Condi
Cactus Fruit Salad Condi duration + life steal
Pizza or Koi Cakes

Best food for warri:
Bowl of Nopalitos Saute

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

never heard of it,

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

never heard of it,

It’s a boon duration food iirc. Was using potent sharpening stones and Orrian Steak Frittes last night. Really nice. Didn’t feel that I missed the 100 toughness either. Thanks for the help guys.

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

never heard of it,

+20% boon duration
+70 toughness