[WvW] How do you kill those troll druids?

in Warrior

Posted by: ozzeh.7398

ozzeh.7398

Does anyone here know how to beat that troll druid celestial/marauder build popping up all the time in WvW? I’ve tried everything I can think of including condi builds, power builds w/ rifle, mace/shield, gs, hammer, etc to no avail.

Is it even possible to kill one of these as a warrior? It seems like they just bleed your health away while laughing off any damage you throw at them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

You don’t but you can build or play in a way they can’t kill you and its a stale mate.

To be more clear, you can play in a way they can’t kill you and you can kill them but there is nothing stoping them from running away which is what they do.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: mike put.6892

mike put.6892

cough Destruction of The Empowered trait cough

Harambe was only a gorilla…

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

hmm i don´t realy fear them. My arc divider usually always hits at least the pet …. So i have to wait till i get a solid bull rush or headbutt in maybe after 2 minutes ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You dont

M I L K B O I S

in Warrior

Posted by: Rageout.7295

Rageout.7295

I never really had a problem against druids, only ever lost to one condi druid in a duel (went 5-3).
try running sword/torch,mace/shield condi build
dicipline with destruction of the empowered-defense- and berserker with eternal champion
Always be on top of them and keep a constant fire aura with torch 5 + a leap.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lodestone Draconis.7684

Lodestone Draconis.7684

Without applying constant poison you don’t, you cant, and you wont. Best you can hope for is annoying them till they bail.

Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

You stand there, try to make friends, when they bite you slowly hop around and run in circles till you lure them to a cliff and when they don’t expect it you swap to hammer and knock them off

Works .237% of the time, most effective strategy 2016

in Warrior

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I haven’t had any issues killing rangers except the ones that just run away from me forever. When I encounter one of those, I generally will try to fight them for a few minutes before giving up and walking away.

My condi warrior build does a really good job against them because once they use their condi clear, they’re generally vulnerable to the condi burst at that point. One of the videos in the build link shows me blowing up one of those rangers in a 2v1 on my condi warrior in the link below.

http://xtremetheory.com/wvw-roaming-condi-warrior/

Granted, I can’t guarantee that the guy was any good at the game. Builds can only carry you so far.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

(edited by XTR.9604)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I haven’t had any issues killing rangers except the ones that just run away from me forever. When I encounter one of those, I generally will try to fight them for a few minutes before giving up and walking away.

My condi warrior build does a really good job against them because once they use their condi clear, they’re generally vulnerable to the condi burst at that point. One of the videos in the build link shows me blowing up one of those rangers in a 2v1 on my condi warrior in the link below.

Granted, I can’t guarantee that the guy was any good at the game. Builds can only carry you so far.

For a condi build (Dire especially), why go mace? Is LB not optimal for condi builds?

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Warrior

XTR.9604

For a condi build (Dire especially), why go mace? Is LB not optimal for condi builds?

Look at the mace main hand F1 when in berserk mode.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skull_Grinder

A lot of conditions + more confusion on interrupt from traits since it dazes. Also more bleeding and weakness from traits. Over all, I’ve found mace/shield and sword/torch to be the most effective combination for condi warrior personally. Also a small perk, I’ll usually try to go in berserk mode in sword/torch, hit my F1, then hit my 5 skill which is a fire field, then switch to mace/shield, hit my F1 on mace shield and it blasts my fire field from the torch 5. A little bit of extra might is nice once you get the hang of that combo.

Mace 3 is also a daze, which has a chance to interrupt and inflicts bleed, weakness and if it interrupts, also confusion. Mace auto attack is pretty bad for condi, but that is why the torment sigil is nice. To be fair, the longbow auto is pretty bad for condi as well.

In general, I’ve always found the damage from longbow to be lacking in comparison to the CC that mace/shield does and conditions it will drop as well. Longbow is still plenty viable, just not as good as mace/shield in my opinion.

(edited by XTR.9604)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

A lot of conditions + more confusion on interrupt from traits since it dazes. Also more bleeding and weakness from traits. Over all, I’ve found mace/shield and sword/torch to be the most effective combination for condi warrior personally. Also a small perk, I’ll usually try to go in berserk mode in sword/torch, hit my F1, then hit my 5 skill which is a fire field, then switch to mace/shield, hit my F1 on mace shield and it blasts my fire field from the torch 5. A little bit of extra might is nice once you get the hang of that combo.

Mace 3 is also a daze, which has a chance to interrupt and inflicts bleed, weakness and if it interrupts, also confusion. Mace auto attack is pretty bad for condi, but that is why the torment sigil is nice. To be fair, the longbow auto is pretty bad for condi as well.

In general, I’ve always found the damage from longbow to be lacking in comparison to the CC that mace/shield does and conditions it will drop as well. Longbow is still plenty viable, just not as good as mace/shield in my opinion.

I get you know when the mace, however how often do you crit with this dire build (ever think about swapping torment for someone more guaranteed as the torment, I believe, Is only 1 stack)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Warrior

XTR.9604

I get you know when the mace, however how often do you crit with this dire build (ever think about swapping torment for someone more guaranteed as the torment, I believe, Is only 1 stack)

It is currently sitting at 18% crit without fury. I get 6 seconds of fury from going in to Berserk mode which sets me up to 38% crit. When I am not solo roaming, I almost always have a revenant with me that is giving me permanent fury as well. The torment sigil is a noticeable damage increase, it will generally throw on 1-2k torment ticks.