WvW Roaming With Warrior Post-Patch?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

I will never abondon my Warrior, I played it since beta and through it all and I love it. But as much as I love it I always hated the “Noob”-stamp it has gotten over the last few months. Will this Noob-stamp disappear? Will the skillfloor be raised so much that warrior will drop out of the roaming meta? Will people instead choose to go with another class after patch? Will we see more of a certain build after the patch?

This thread is an off-shoot of the “WvW roaming post patch?” Topic in the WvW section, and also made to establish the general opinion of how much it will actually matter. Some people seem to be devastated, some people seem to not care. I for one think it’s a great change. They directly nerf adrenaline and passively our condi clear and our regen(CI and Adrenal Health). An oddly smart nerf to be coming from Anet.

What do you think? Below I paste the copy of the changes from Dulfy.

Adrenaline

We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. Additionally, Adrenaline will now decay when you leave combat so it is more beneficial for you to use the adrenaline skills rather than carrying them to the next fight.

Traits

Rousing Resilience – Give you up to 8s of bonus toughness, increase from previous 4s.
Brawler’s Recovery – Now remove a single condition on weapon swap rather than just blind.

Weapons

Greatsword

Hundred Blade damage reduced by 5% for the initial strikes, final strike remains same.
Whirlwind Attack also received 5% damage decrease
Arcing Slice – This ability is more executioner style, it will deal damage to 5 targets in an area and deal bonus damage to enemies below 50% HP.
Rifle

Bleeding Shot – this ability no longer applies Bleed and renamed to Fierce Shot. Fierce Shot has a 20% damage increase and will give extra adrenaline against targets with vulnerability debuff.
Axe

Whirling Axe – Axe offhand #5 skill has its damage increased by 17%, cooldown reduced to 15s.
Mace

Pulverize – Third strike of your mace autoattack has its cast time reduced by 25%
Sword

Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.
Utilities.

Utility

Signet of Rage – boon duration of this ability reduced by 5s (might/fury etc will only last for 25s base), adrenaline gain increased by 50%

Signet of Might – You now have 6s to deliver unblockable attacks instead of 5 attacks.

Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.

Banners – Sprint ability no longer give an attack, will remove crippled/chilled and sprint a short instance

Rampage – We want this elite to make you feel more like a juggernaut when you enter this transform. Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities
Increased the velocity of Throw Boulder so it is easier for you to stun ranged moving enemies.

This thread is about WvW and not PvE. PvP opinions are welcome but we talk mainly of WvW roaming.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I dont think there will be a significant change, there may even be a net buff, to builds that don’t 100% rely on burst skills to work. Skullcrack/eviscerate based builds will be the ones hit the hardest.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

GS is your main roaming weapon now(tbh even in zergs you will see much more GS warriors).

GS was always a support weapon a mobility weapon, in some cases some builds like the skullcrack tries to unleash the raw power of GS, but mostly its your axe or hammer that truly do the damage, GS was a merely a delivery tool.

now for a GS warrior its easier than ever, you got the mobility but also got the damage unrooted damage, imo that means good but also a bad thing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Personally, I’d like to see a rollback on some of the animation (and damage) nerfs to burst skills that have occurred over the last while. Losing adren on miss is fine, but with all the ways to avoid the bursts after the aforementioned nerfs (maybe excluding hammer and bow in a group fight), it seems to me the risk:reward balance is off.

The bursts aren’t crazy damaging like they used to be, they’re easier to dodge for anyone paying attention, and now blinds, roots, evades, blocks, and dodges neutralize them pretty effectively.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Despite what anybody says or what they will tell you, losing your adrenaline on a missed burst doesn’t increase the skill floor of this class. Because you already don’t want to miss your burst because it is a major mechanic of the warrior and it is often the difference between a win or a loss on most weapons.

Not having a full adrenaline bar at the beginning of a fight, and losing adrenaline on a missed burst I think are more significant changes then what people give credit for. It is kind of dumb in the sense that necros can start off with a full lifeforce bar just by killing ambients and we aren’t even allowed to keep adrenaline for one burst skill.

I doubt this will change the amount of roaming warriors, though possibly impact diversity. Warriors will still be decent roamers, but for most roaming builds they won’t have as much sustain, and won’t be as quick to jump out of the gate on you, giving opponents more of a chance to defend themselves.

RR and Brawler’s Recovery seem interesting, although they come at a DPS loss.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

GS is your main roaming weapon now(tbh even in zergs you will see much more GS warriors).

GS was always a support weapon a mobility weapon, in some cases some builds like the skullcrack tries to unleash the raw power of GS, but mostly its your axe or hammer that truly do the damage, GS was a merely a delivery tool.

now for a GS warrior its easier than ever, you got the mobility but also got the damage unrooted damage, imo that means good but also a bad thing.

So you’re saying that rooted damage will get nerfed and unrooted will get buffed when it comes to GS, I’m all aboard that one. What is the bad thing then?

I think we might be more nerfed than we think when it comes to adrenal health and CI. Ofcourse we can only wait and see.

Despite what anybody says or what they will tell you, losing your adrenaline on a missed burst doesn’t increase the skill floor of this class. Because you already don’t want to miss your burst because it is a major mechanic of the warrior and it is often the difference between a win or a loss on most weapons.

Not having a full adrenaline bar at the beginning of a fight, and losing adrenaline on a missed burst I think are more significant changes then what people give credit for. It is kind of dumb in the sense that necros can start off with a full lifeforce bar just by killing ambients and we aren’t even allowed to keep adrenaline for one burst skill.

I doubt this will change the amount of roaming warriors, though possibly impact diversity. Warriors will still be decent roamers, but for most roaming builds they won’t have as much sustain, and won’t be as quick to jump out of the gate on you, giving opponents more of a chance to defend themselves.

RR and Brawler’s Recovery seem interesting, although they come at a DPS loss.

Hmm you say that it won’t raise the skillfloor but also that it is a more significant change that what we think?

I think it raises the skillfloor a bit. In the sense that you will have to pay attention to landing your CI. Now if I notice a heavy income of conditions, I usually try to clear them with weapon A, if that doesn’t hit I switch to weapon B to land it. It means I get 2 tries to clear the conditions off me. Now we only get one chance. Therefore I think missing your burst after patch will be more punishing than now. And that is, for me, raising the skill floor. It will show more clear wether a warrior is a good one or not.

RR and BR does indeed look interesting. 8 s of 1K toughness… Oh my.

Also a question I want to raise is if you think we will see an increase of healing surge due to adrenal changes? Would it be worth it or would you just cripple your build further?

(edited by Gamgee.8612)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Also a question I want to raise is if you think we will see an increase of healing surge due to adrenal changes? Would it be worth it or would you just cripple your build further?

I think you’ll see less of it, actually. They’re not making adren generation more difficult, they’re just making adren easier to lose with no benefit. The extra perk of Healing Surge is the boost to adren, but that adren will be less valuable than it has been once the changes go in.

The changes strike me as giving more reason to run a Heal Sig Hambow than there is now, tbh.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Juba.8406

So you’re saying that rooted damage will get nerfed and unrooted will get buffed when it comes to GS, I’m all aboard that one. What is the bad thing then?

GS will be a target of more nerfs in the future.

will i hope that i’m wrong but seeing ANet nerf history i almost bet they will do it some time, those who cried about the %5 nerf .. might brace themselves for even more.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

GS/axe builds will take a severe hit. Mace was not really good before patch, not much difference IMO.

I agree 100% with killahmayne. The skillfloor will be raised, but only for the braindead warriors out there. Decent warriors already knew that missing a burst skill meant losing the fight against a somewhat skilled opponent, and missing your burst is common, even with a lot of practice.

IMO, this patch does exactly the opposite of what the community has been crying about; make longbow mandatory. It was already mandatory in PvP (every meta build for warrior incorporates longbow). I believe that we will see a large increase of longbow users in WvW now as well.

I’ll continue using the same specs as I do now, and I do anticipate GS to become better. Depends a lot on wether or not the GS burst skill can be executed while moving.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

silly patch… warrior is now wrecked by conditions when missing a burst.. last good warrior (mandatory) condi cleanse option nerfed to kitten. well i say warrior, but of course i mean power-warriors.. us condi bunkers keep on shouting and using that longbong. guess it will be melandru/hoelbrak and -condi duration food for every last power warrior now.. or get wrecked in the condi meta (lol @ spvp warriors).

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Condi bunker, Belinda’s GS, sharpening stone, poulty soup, blood lust.

Watch me not care at all about this patch.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

Still seems to be a wide opinion of this patch tbh.

in Warrior

Juba.8406

i will never go the condi path no matter what.

as a GS/Sw warrior i got a huge buff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

You can never go wrong with a full Dire S/S + Longbow tripple stance 0/2/6/0/6 (Last Stand/Defy Pain/etc. and Burst Mastery) Warrior. Not even a lame tripple shout condi Warrior rivals it.

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

“Not even a lame tripple shout condi Warrior rivals (dire condi)”

them lies… dire condi is noob killer but in a real duel against a shout bunker you are without chance to win. either you duelled only noobs or you just made that up, an apothecary shout trooper bunker will wreck a dire SS/LB any time any day without taking so much as a scratch.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

them lies… dire condi is noob killer but in a real duel against a shout bunker you are without chance to win. either you duelled only noobs or you just made that up, an apothecary shout trooper bunker will wreck a dire SS/LB any time any day without taking so much as a scratch.

Unless…. both players fall asleep during the match. Epic draw.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

dire vs shout isnt a long affair since dire has no sustain except HS and 15 def regen.. but shout vs shout would never end. just like shout vs heal guard or against almost any kind of non-glass ele.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

dire vs shout isnt a long affair since dire has no sustain except HS and 15 def regen.. but shout vs shout would never end. just like shout vs heal guard or against almost any kind of non-glass ele.

Eternal Battlegrounds

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

He who brings a hammer, wins most often.

The power of WvW warrior roaming shifts further to GS/Hammer after the update. It already works very well in zerg v zerg (front line). However, classic Hambow works better if massive mobility is not required (havoc).

Don’t underestimate the Signet of Rage nerf as well. It’s basically a go use Banner elite signal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Why do I even care about worthless duels? I didn’t even named that nor implied it in my post at all.
An apothecary shout trooper bunker is just that, a worthless bunker that does crap damage that’s there only to annoy in duels, and not even win them due to pitiful damage.
On the other hand, a roaming tripple stance (which have the versatility of shouts, times 10) Warrior that runs around with near 29k HP and 2k++ condi damage is a serious threat to any roamer and can take camps much quicker.

I’m pretty sure said Warrior could kite you with sword 2, turtle the fight as long as he/she whises outsustaining your crappy condition damage with just lonbow F1+cleansing Ire for like, forever.
Also, HS+AH is like 500 hps, Rangers would kill for that kind of sustain at such low cost.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Warrior

Juba.8406

so all of you going the condi path ?

shame on you i thought you Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

you’d prolly do better with a heal-shout axe-axe/GS build then condi.

Roaming ain’t all bout dueling, it’s about speed-clearing camps too. If you cannot do that you will not provide much help for your server.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Warrior

Gamgee.8612

so all of you going the condi path ?

shame on you i thought you Warriors.

Never.