(WvW)Runes of melandru/lemongrass = Awesome!

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I am sure ppl know Avlis and his videos so I saw he commented that he is running this setup now and has a new video coming with it.

You never know until you try is my motto. So I picked this up losing lyssa it is a dps loss but we do so much damage anyway its not huge that we cant kill anyone.

So far its an amazing combo. You get +165 toughness to deal with melee classes and you get -65% condition duration and -25% stun duration (which is alot for stuns) I feel like if you are dps focused this setup is really good. There is no cool 6th piece bonus but you should notice a difference fighting confusion mesmers, trap kiting rangers, etc.

Just run your normal build and slot these items and you should definitely notice a difference.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Hehe yeah, I was skeptical too, as with lyssa you do have two full cleans.. but Melandru does work really well.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: sabre.4192

sabre.4192

I’ve been running the Melandru runes for a few months now and just decided to try the food a couple weeks ago. It really does help quite a bit, and allows access to your elite more often than just saving it for a condition wipe or an empowered burst.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Great to see other warriors running this

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

peter.9024

I guess one benefit is it frees up mobile strikes mostly, so you can take signet mastery + heightened focus and don’t need to go 30 into disc. (the minor at 25 isn’t that great..)

Skullclamp

in Warrior

oZii.2864

Yea mobile strikes is good I almost feel like you dont have to have it with this setup. I do like the feeling that you feel tanky but still can do good damage.

Now where do I put those other 10 pts at

{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

It’s definitely interesting. Whenever I pop Lyssa, it’s a corrupt boon magnet. However, even with the huge -% condition duration, I still see necros wrecking me. I’m just bad Q.Q

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

this rune is wonderful but if you have mobile strikes, you have a good means to escape being ganked in a zerg, and if you have sword/X offhand but prefer shield or warhorn, then you will be more mobile.

Been using this and soldier rune in WVW. Only the 2 runes I enjoy. and back then melandru rune was only in silver not gold.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Warrior

oZii.2864

this rune is wonderful but if you have mobile strikes, you have a good means to escape being ganked in a zerg, and if you have sword/X offhand but prefer shield or warhorn, then you will be more mobile.

Been using this and soldier rune in WVW. Only the 2 runes I enjoy. and back then melandru rune was only in silver not gold.

I totally agree with you. I know some may see that there isn’t an offensive stat on the rune and be turned off thinking DPS>All but if you are on the fence you can always just try it in sPvP before you fork over the gold.

I think fear is effected by it doubly since fear counts as a condition and stun fear only last for 1 sec if that long, my guy gets the skull turns around and its gone he doesn’t even run just long enough to get turned around.

The damage is still there. Still eviscerates for 8-9k, 10k on squishy and you can always run it with full zerker armor if you want.

I am running it with

20/0/30/0/20 atm

berserker’s power and axe mastery,

embrace the pain, last stand and shield master,

signet mastery and heightened focus but I might move those 10 pts back into discipline but dps wise I think 20 in strength is better overall. I don’t really like traiting for GS because landing GS attacks really doesn’t work to well unless its a bad player.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

Posted by: boondocksaint.6529

boondocksaint.6529

This looks really interesting. Having just invested in Ascended Knights stats and exotic armor while using the shout heal build I don’t think I’ll change anytime soon. However -65% condition duration is really attractive, especially with the meta shifting toward condition necros. I would hate to give up my power/precision food but it may be worth it for just the -40% condition duration on the Lemongrass.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

So after some tweaking/theorycrafting with peter and watching avlis new build video setup I came up with this. I feel like berserkers power> attack of opportunity. Attack of opportunity is alot more conditional than berskers power which is a bit more under your control.

If you like this setup depends on how much you like forceful greatsword also. I like gs just for mobility or 100bs people rezzing or a shadow refuge but don’t really trait for GS.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h1.e.1g.h1l|1.1g.h1l|1g.7r.1g.7r.1g.7r.1g.7r.1g.7r.1g.7r|2s.0.1g.67.2s.d13.1g.67.1g.67.2s.d13|a5.f6.p18.0.k56|15.7|5y.68.6f.6i.6m|e

I have 3 knights pieces of armor so that is different. Calculator is with full zerker armor though.

With this set up you get 95% chance to crit eviscerate or any burst skill provided it has a sigil of accuracy on it. When fury is up and full adrenaline. This also has no mobile strikes in it but you have to take Heightened focus if you want the extra crit chance. I don’t use mobile cause immobilize just doesnt last long enough imo to warrant taking with the food and melandru runes. I run sig of stamina for emergencies anyway.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

peter.9024

Skullclamp

in Warrior

oZii.2864

Hmm gotta stay on top of those dailies. I was thinking you could go all out if you really wanted. Take 15 pts in discipline, 20 in defense, and then still get the attack of opportunity. You would lose sig mastery though if you really wanted to keep pushing your damage up its an option.

{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Plato.6128

Plato.6128

I have to say, you guys rock! I tried this out using the budget version of the food (poultry leek soup) and it worked great. I primarily run a hammer shout build for WvW but with this food-rune setup I can have fun with the great sword again.

Tryndamere Hardrada
[CERN] – Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

oZii.2864

I have to say, you guys rock! I tried this out using the budget version of the food (poultry leek soup) and it worked great. I primarily run a hammer shout build for WvW but with this food-rune setup I can have fun with the great sword again.

Yea this setup is awesome I am using the same food also. Since most if not all conditions go by whole seconds (damaging conditions) anyway the 4% doesn’t really make a difference.

I think there might be a good amount of warriors trying this setup out as Melandru runes have doubled in price since I bought mines. o.O

{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

From 1.3 gold to over 3 gold per piece. The spike buy after Avlis video is wow.

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Apparently, those necros need some Giver’s weapons since they’re fixed now.

Maybe those’ll spike in price too