WvW Sniper Build

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Fitz.7169

Fitz.7169

I just wanted to post a build I have been using for a few weeks now that is a lot of fun to use in WvW and PVE.

The Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBkODbkzJ5t5xFiJOgYKUEnHJRASeqHtBcIHA;ToAg0U1YqRUjtGXNyaWRMKYbB

Edit I am not sure why it is saying bad link, but if you copy/paste the URL in your browser it works just fine.

The premise of the build is to be able to use kill shot on cooldown. With full berserker gear and using the build posted above I was able to score a 17k damage kill shot on a lvl 80 mesmer just last night. Your average kill shot crits will be in the 12-14k range, depending on your targets toughness.

With SoR and FGJ up, your bleeding shot will crit for 1.5-2.5k and bleed ticks for around 70 damage

Volley will hit for 9-12k

Rifle Butt will crit for 3-4k

Pro’s:
1. Incredible ranged burst damage. You can go from 0 adrenaline to full in less than 15 seconds. Using FGJ or shake it off will fill up a whole bar of adrenaline. Once at full adrenaline your Kill shot will also only consume two bars of adrenaline and you can then very easily use kill shot every cooldown.

2. Semi decent survivability with shake it off and endure pain. I also sometimes switch out FGJ with fear me increasing survivability even more.

3. Synergy, everything in this build synergizes very well, each trait directly helps your goal of taking down a target as fast as possible.

4. Axe/WH for when you have 2+ people attacking you at close range. The axe with this build will easily crit for 2-3k each hit and eviscerate crits for 10k. The nice thing with this build is that you will also be able to use eviscerate on cooldown as well.

Cons:
1. Survivability is moderate. Your surviabilty is completely dependant on your utilities and your heal, when these are on cooldown you have no real way to defend yourself other than kiting.

2. No real AOE, the build has no real way to aoe targets, crack shot helps slightlty but still doesn’t make up for not having a decent aoe attack. However, I have many times downed up to four people at once with a single kill shot, this will put the biggest kitten eating grin on your face.

3. Thiefs wreck you if they catch you off gaurd. Thiefs will murder you if you let them get close or if they open up on you from stealth and endure pain is on cooldown. If you can survive the initial burst then you are in decent shape since a single kill shot will down 90% of the Thiefs out there.

4. Requires good timing. You cannot just try to spam volley or kill shot, if either of these are interupted or the target moves out of range then the ability does 0 damage and goes on cooldown. You need to be patient and time your big hitting abilities when a target is within range, dont start casting a kill shot if the target is already at max range and is starting to run.

The build is great fun in WvW, you will feel like a sniper taking out people left and right. It is also decent in PVE dungeons as well.

(edited by Moderator)

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Wouldn’t sword main hand for the second weapon set be the better choice if you invest heavily into Arms and adrenaline generation anyway ? It lacks the burst of Eviscerate, but I feel the F1 is much better than axe’s with the enhancements to bleeds.

As for lacking AoE damage, just carry a longbow for sieges in WvW and zergy DEs. Arching projectiles and the huge fire combo field are pure win when aiming at targets on castle walls. Too bad the bow sucks for everything else.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Fitz.7169

The condition damage you gain from arms is just a nice little bonus to bleeding shot, all your gear should be berserker or valk for power. The reason for axe is for the burst, a few 3k auto attacs and a 10k eviscerate will down most people very quickly compared to the slow build up of the sword for this build.

I do also cary a longbow on me and switch to it for sieges every now and then. Arcing shot can crit for 8k with this build as well

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Rake.7169

Rake.7169

I love the run&gun-warrior, esp. as rangers put me off thx to those annoying pets.
I have a blast in PVE running this
http://www.intothemists.com/calc/?build=Vt70F7BFOKFM0o-RL-60;9;4JJJ-942-06-07;22N
my focus atm is more on the bonus given by a full adrenaline bar (but I’m about to try your way )
I dont really like the 20p choice in strenght but the rest seems worse.
as of now (level 73) I’m not sure if “balanced stance” triggered is worth 20p in defense.
depending on the situation (solo champs or in dungeons) I love picking “throw bolas” and “kick” as slot skills – a lot of players underestimate those utility skills.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Very interesting build. May even work nicely on hammers . F1 on hammer is nice……

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

wow thats such a expensive rune u r hooking up… wouldnt it be better if use rune of rage? 60 all attribute isnt really that great for a glass canon build imo.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Deria.9158

Deria.9158

Where is the damage coming from in this build?

It looks like all of your traits are centered on the idea of generating and conserving adrenaline.

I see that you get:

+30% critical damage from Discipline investment
+12% critical damage from runes
+15% critical damage from accessories

That gives 57% total critical damage, plus whatever you get from your actual gear/weapons which the skill calculator seems not to show. Would be interesting to know what the game shows you if you hover over the crit-chance section on the hero tab.

My current build gives me +73% (10 from discipline investment, 10 from accessories, 24 from gear, 5 from runes, and presumably 23 from power).

I don’t get anything close to what you’re seeing for kill shot or eviscerate. I’m getting maybe 60% of the numbers you quoted.

Anyone able to explain what I’m missing here?

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Where is the damage coming from in this build?

Anyone able to explain what I’m missing here?

As ever, damage comes from maxing power, having damage multipliers, and then crit dmg. Your sense of scale for these numbers is off because you’re thinking in spvp terms but he was talking about pve and wvw. WvW means more stat points than are available in spvp, far more with buffs. The berserker amulet shown in build tool isn’t how berserker gear works outside spvp: the crit dmg is higher and there is no vitality.

In WvW, maxed power from base stat, armor, jewelry, gems and runes is 2081. Add (only) 100 from traits in this case, 100 from Truffle Steak food buff. Stack up Bloodlust on some wolves for 250 then switch to a different weapon with sigil of force. Use a superior sharpening stone for at least 91 more power (much more if using invader gear). That’s 2622 power.

Add 10 Might stacks from elite and FGJ and you’re at 2972 power. Any extra from other stuff or other players is welcome. Over 4k Attack. Think of what some Vulnerability or Frenzy on the target could do for you.

12% bonus dmg from addrenaline, 10% from Attack of Opportunity, 5% from force sigil. These are multiplied together. Another 10% from Scholar runes which is what I’d use for this build.

We assume a crit. Crit damage in spvp has been intentionally limited as you see with amulet stats. In WvW I have run around with 93% crit damage bonus using full Valkyrie and beryls in place of runes. Full Berserker gear with Scholar runes should give something like that. Also I only had 20 Discipline so going over 100% should be possible. Also this build has 30 Discipline for 3% burst skill dmg, which is small but multiplied with everything else again I’d assume.

This is the sort of combination we’d be looking at. I can’t comment on his damage numbers since we humans are notoriously bad at estimating statistical information like averages but hopefully you can see how it might happen.

Edit: Also since this was WvW, up to 150 extra points in all stats from orbs of power…

(edited by Ksielvin.1587)

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

WakkaJabba.3910

i just tried this build yesterday, with berserker armor, berzerker amulet and earrings(no rings yet, no money), berserker rifle with 5 percent dmg sigil, in pve. however i swapped out the shout gain adreno trait for siget recharge 20 percent faster. it makes my SOR recharge down to 48 seconds, with rune or rage, fury will last for 36 seconds, then i can use FGJ which will give another 9~10 seconds of fury, almost perma-fury(perma 15 percent crit dmg with rune of rage).

but anyway, i just reached 80 last night and only had time to try this build on few monsters. killing normal raisens with auto-attack i get 300~400 with 70 bleeding for no crit, around 1k for crit. valley gives 5k with 2 crits, 7~8k with fgj. highest i ve had was a kill shot crit at 10k, with lots of buff and debuff, when hitting the champion at the end of plinx event line.

the downside is the random OBSTRUCTIVE msg that shows up every now and then. i was sure that there s nothing in between me and that champion, but two of my kill shots got obstructed, then goes on a 10 second cd. very annoying.

and btw, the champion downs me with two hits

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Fitz.7169

What Ksielvin explained is all true.

That gear in that build calculator is just as close as I could get to what my actual gear looks like.

I run full berserker armor/weapons/jewelery, with ruby orbs in all armor slots. I put dinvinity runes in the build calculator since that is as close as I could get to ruby orbs statwise. My crit chance is at 58% without buffs, 103% crit damage so in total it is 153%, and I have 3200 attack without any might stacks. Becuase of this reason I would not run this build in SPvP because of the watered down stats.

@Wakkajabba, NPC’s have much more tougness than most players do, also are you in full exotic gear? my auto attack hits normal lvl 80 NPC’s for around 500-600 and crits in the 1500 range. The numbers I qouted in my post were all against players not NPC’s. If you want I will try to grab some screenshots tonight if people are having a hard time beleiving the damage numbers of this build.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

WakkaJabba.3910

i didnt meant to say i dont believe ur numbers. as in my post, i did tell that i m having rune of rage in exotic armor and only have exotic ruby earrings for trinkets.

atm i have 3000 dmg with 85% crit dmg(90% when fury). when i go home tonight i m gonna try ur build. i actually didnt know that we can put ruby orbs in armor :/ thought runes and crests only

edit: bad grammar :\ sry mother-tongue no english

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Kobra.6390

Kobra.6390

Other than runes and axe/sword main hand on the off weapon set I don’t see anything different here than builds that have been around since release…

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

@Wakkajabba – without rings you’re losing 12% crit dmg right off the bat. If you’re not using rings at all, I’ll guess you’re not using exquisite rubies in your jewelry slots and that’s another 12% if you slot all 6 of them. That’s -24% crit damage just from lack of itemization.

Keep in mind that with builds of this type and similar gear, the base crit dmg is 150%, so stacking full berserker, exquisite rubies, crit dmg soup etc. brings it up to +250-260% crit damage.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Fitz.7169

@Kobra,I have not seen any builds posted lately that had a large focus on gaining adrenaline very quickly with the rifle being the main weapon, sorry if this same build has been posted before.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

WakkaJabba.3910

yup yup! if i change all my rune of rage to ruby orb, will make me 87% crit dmg, plus the personal backpiece that gives a 4%(currently using mad king book), and +12% from rings, should go over 100% crit dmg. will work on it over the weekend.

now i just hope they fix the frequent OBSTRUCTIVE bug…

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Fitz.7169

I notice this bug from time to time as well, im not sure what triggers it exactly, but it also only seems to affect the rifle since I never see it with the longbow or the shortbow on my thief.

Im curious if engineers suffer from this as well, if they do then this could very well be an issue isolated to just the rifle as a weapon and not warrior abilities

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Calysto.7469

Calysto.7469

Engineers and Rangers both suffer from it, constantly. It’s a huge bug that really seems to affect all ranged attacks in the game, as even my necro and elementalist get the obstructed and out of range messages quite often, even when in melee range of the target.

WvW Sniper Build

in Warrior

Fitz.7169

Here is a screenshot from tonight of a kill shot hitting four people with this build. The damage is pretty nuts, all four of them were downed by this single shot.

http://i.imgur.com/DYuiP.jpg