WvW Warrior Front Line Build

in Warrior

Posted by: Waveguider.6271

Waveguider.6271

Can you guys tell me what you think of this build? Are there any other better roaming builds, this has been working great in the front line for me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dranz.3456

Dranz.3456

Two different concepts there. Roaming is a solo thing, and front line is zerg. Front line wise I would drop GS for a bow, for might stacks, and aoe. For roaming PVT is no good. Low damage, and being hard to kill means people will just run, unless they spam condies. Even with shouts you lack enough condi mitigation, hoelbrak runes, and the -condi durration foods are much better.

That said if it works for you, and you enjoy it who cares what I think?

I run either 6/0/4/0/4, or 0/0/6/2/6 the first one is axe/x gs, the second runs gs hammer. Both run holebrak runes, knights armor, berzerker trinkets/ and berzerker weapons. For utilities stances are great. Also destruction of the empowered is a huge damage boost vs most builds.

(edited by Dranz.3456)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

While roaming and frontline warriors share the same basic principle, which is kill the other guy before they kill you, you have a much easier time in a zerg with a tanky build. Roaming opponents tend to be damage spikers or condi, so unless you’re hoping they screw up, you’ll be spiked down regardless of your toughness / health eventually.

Hammer’s great in zergs, since there’s so many people you’re bound to hit somebody, but in roaming expect most of your hits to whiff since they telegraph so hard. Since you’re also a shout build you’re missing out on some of the best zerg utilities for our class, namely Stances.

in Warrior

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My preference is a Hammer and Axe/Wh shout build with PVT gear in zergs. It is one of the most hardened builds in the game and can dish out a decent amount of DPS and lots of control for a primarily support build.

Skirmish (small group fights) I go with half zerk/half PVT using GS and Hammer. My skirmish build centers around might generation and control with a steady stream of DPS.

Dueling I usually go with GS and Axe/Shield and skirmish gear setup. It is sort of oddball but it is easy setting up the Bash/Eviscerate combo. Tons of escape and counter play ability as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Shout Heal Warrior
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjKP78wME6QDkFUIH8AQ5LU4p/gTIEA-TVCDwAxU/RqyPwKBBcBAU8AAau/AhDCwkjAgcdDkCgJlRA-w

This build is centered around group synergy requiring at least 2 guardians rotating through stability in your party. My guild’s preferred melee groups are 2 shout guards, 2 shout warrs (all running troopers) and a necro.

With this group composition you have constant condition cleansing and stability when needed. You don’t need stances in this group comp.

Here’s a video of this build in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7Snj2REdDM

Selfish Frontline Hammer Warrior:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjyQrCxxD6QDUFUoX8AYrVeENeyN4FA-TVCDwA62fIm6PSV+BWJIgLAgiHAAhDCwkjAgcdDkCgJlRA-w

Mistakes warriors commonly make:

Hammer stun on melee train who have stability. Instead, sword #2 in, flurry to apply immobilize and immediately weapon swap to cancel the flurry animation.

Using hammer #4 and #5:
These will negate any stun and hammer #5 will also knock people out of AOE nukes and wells. However, hammer #5 is good for punting people out of or away from a circle. Hammer #4 should only be used against someone who is very low on health towards the end of a fight.

Autotargeting On:
You want to keep autotargeting off and make sure you ctrl+t your commander. If you need to regroup or start to fall behind you press T then sword #2 for a rally. You also want autotargeting off for using a GS on a roaming build if you need to GS #5 to disengage.

Not Blasting Waters:
This doesn’t apply if you’re solo roaming. Hammer F1 and Horn #5 are your two blast finshers. When an ele calls a water field make sure you either hammer stun the water field or horn #5 inside it to provide Area Healing to everyone affected.

GS Sword/Axe roaming build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNAR8XjMdUGaVIGewJaAggCVtb+ACgFQdbc7bBA-T1hFwAAeCAmU/hxFB4suBkK/sqEc1+DkCgJhRA-w

Jade Quarry since Beta