WvW Warrior Roaming - Salvation build

in Warrior

Posted by: Rendolphe.5086

Rendolphe.5086

Before december 10th, I was solo and small scale roaming with my warrior with GS/Hammer build.

With the recent Hammer nerf, I switched to GS/Rifle. I call this build the Salvation build.

Build :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARUjkOxuFPuQMxBEkCNsKOKCQmQ9YO2w2A-jECBYfBiiAhoAiwAIzsIaslRFRjVbDT5iIqWKAmUGB-w

I have a complete guide of this build here :
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/88502-salvation-build-gs-rifle-patch-dec10th-2013/

With the recent massive input of mesmer in WvW you will get the tools here to counter them and almost every class. Before bomb engi was my nightmare on my warrior, but they are no more.

Here some videos to show you guys how strong is this build.

Salvaltion build commentary + combat ep1.

Salvation build ep.2

Salvation build ep.3

How to kill a PU mesmer with a Warrior?

+2 warrior (Salvation build & Conditioner bow)

Team fight with salvation build

[HALT] – BlackGate
www.youtube.com/rendolphegamer

in Warrior

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Rifle feels very underperforming compared to bow,dont u feel?Surely there are situations when u rather see some nice fast numbers from afar,but still bow feels more universal than rifle.

You have any 20k kill shot movies?I like those

OTAN guild,WSR server

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

Rifle feels very underperforming compared to bow,dont u feel?Surely there are situations when u rather see some nice fast numbers from afar,but still bow feels more universal than rifle.

You have any 20k kill shot movies?I like those

I’m building a compilation 20k and pop a video of it soon just for fun, but my build don’t do 20k shot.

Full zerker without survivability utilities, trait and gear isn’t a good choice for roaming. Doing 20k is always fun, but easily avoidable and sound like one trick poney. My build is really strong in melee and range. You can see the video and you’ll see.

BTW the Rifle is better for direct damage for roaming then the bow. I can land 12-15k hundred blade and then chase the fleeing pray with my rifle.

GS/Rifle is the best build I tried so far for WvW solo roaming and small scale roaming.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I’ve been messing around with GS/rifle (I’m sure there are plenty of others after the patch). My build is pretty much the same as yours minus the runes/sigil/food choices since I’m a bit more YOLO for roaming ~ that and I haven’t invested in a proper set for roaming (using PvE Serker/assassin with scholars). I haven’t gotten around to watching your videos (at work) but how do you deal with multiples (of 80s, no uplevels)? I usually have to high-tail it out of there unless I get a series of good hits in and down one of the quickly, which isn’t the case most of the time.

Aside from that I’m having fun with it, my favorite combo so far is Bull Rush > Frenzy > 100B > Wait for their evade > swap > Killshot. In my experience even non-hasted killshot lands 50% of the time in 1v1s. It’s highly telegraphed but the time it takes seems like it also throws the enemys dodge timing off, ether that or they try to stealth out of it but forgets that once channeled the ability continues to track.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

I’ve been messing around with GS/rifle (I’m sure there are plenty of others after the patch). My build is pretty much the same as yours minus the runes/sigil/food choices since I’m a bit more YOLO for roaming ~ that and I haven’t invested in a proper set for roaming (using PvE Serker/assassin with scholars). I haven’t gotten around to watching your videos (at work) but how do you deal with multiples (of 80s, no uplevels)? I usually have to high-tail it out of there unless I get a series of good hits in and down one of the quickly, which isn’t the case most of the time.

Aside from that I’m having fun with it, my favorite combo so far is Bull Rush > Frenzy > 100B > Wait for their evade > swap > Killshot. In my experience even non-hasted killshot lands 50% of the time in 1v1s. It’s highly telegraphed but the time it takes seems like it also throws the enemys dodge timing off, ether that or they try to stealth out of it but forgets that once channeled the ability continues to track.

They are plenty of variation with this build, especially in sigil, runes and food. I’m doing good against more then 1 because of my mobility and the fact I switch often on melee and range. I have plenty of 1 vs 2 and 1 vs X in my videos so you can see how I manage.

Thanks for watching.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m going to check out your vids. I have always felt comfortable using my rifle, much more so than hammer. I’ve reconciled to the fact that I can’t use my warr in zerg WvW fights because the hammer and I do not get along. However, I would be interested in trying your build for roaming with a small group. Have you come across stealth thief? If so, how does this build fare?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

I’m going to check out your vids. I have always felt comfortable using my rifle, much more so than hammer. I’ve reconciled to the fact that I can’t use my warr in zerg WvW fights because the hammer and I do not get along. However, I would be interested in trying your build for roaming with a small group. Have you come across stealth thief? If so, how does this build fare?

All my video compilation with the Salvation build have Thief dueling and you will find that thief aren’t a problem.

Killshot and Volley will hit the stealthed thief if you trigger it before the thief get his stealth. I cannot count how many thief I killed while with a killshot while they were fleeing stealthed.

My guide explain all the trait and my videos prove that this build is really solid for solo roaming and small scale roaming.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I have a similar build to OP, and frankly, a good Backstab thief will beat you. No doubt about it.

The tracking in stealth is nice, and I don’t doubt OP killing lots of thieves. The thing is, most thieves are incredibads. If you meet a decent one, they will burst you down in 2-3 combo’s (depending on your adequate use of dodge/EP), while being able to dodge your volley and blind your killshot.

To OP: nice vids, decent build. Rifle is just so much fun.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

well i run a similar build but with same interesting changes for my playstyle

i run 0 25 30 0 15 without cleansing ire and with spiked armor/defy pain (still testing what ii like more)and last stand .. i used to run gammer/gs pre patch hammer mostly for the good aoe dmg with earthshaker but after the patch i feel a bit lost with hammer so i tried another build with a rifle which i always wanted to try

i run a differeten sigill rune build.. i use hoelbrak runes for more dmg and fire sigill on gs and sigill of intelligence on rifle pretty funny to troll ppl with that sigill… intelliegen tplayer think you gonna use kill shot when stop moving and at a distance they dont see any animation on a asura warrior and waste a dodge and if oyu know the enem yplayer isnt this smart you can kill shot right away and kill him

the think about thiefes.. yes its a build which isnt good against thief and you need you cool downs and manage them good but its doable even agains good thiefs you just need to kite him all day and run arround like a headless chicken to get enough health reg and distance .. with good timing you kill any thief in an instant before he knows what you do.. but can go the other way arround too especially when you have 0 cd´s left and no energy for dodges

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

forgot to mention that i run full zerker gear and have arround 20k hp 3.5k attack with gs/3.6k with rifle and over 50% crit chance with arround 2760 armor (all with 1 orb buff)

lastz stand helps to save dolyak signet most of the time so you have the armor of it 90% of the time up.. pretty good build for solo roaming and for random zerg fights

and pls stop making vids or we see a nerf incoming again

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Rifle won’t get nerfed. Everything a warrior can do is done best with another weapon, bar perhaps fighting mesmers. Rifle is just an insane amount of fun.

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

dont think a bow can do the things better as a rifle its a totaly different weapon for different things

and yes if ppl start to qq even its easy to outplay or is balanced it gets nerfed

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

dont think a bow can do the things better as a rifle its a totaly different weapon for different things

and yes if ppl start to qq even its easy to outplay or is balanced it gets nerfed

You mean single target damage from distance? Bow might have a slower attack and thus a lower single target DPS, however it has a more reliable burst combo and brings waaaaaaay more utility for both yourself and any group you roll with. Zone control, aoe, the strongest condition, reliable condition cleansing, too much to name.

And even worse, single target damage from range is not what a warrior is made for. If you want this, make a mesmer with a GS or even a Longbow Ranger. Really, you use rifle or longbow to soften them up then move in with your melee set to dish out more damage. Longbow sets this up a lot better then rifle.

I agree with you on the inexplicable nerfs that happen, but people won’t qq about rifle simply because it is nowhere close to OP.

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

i don tthin bow is reliable burst because its easy to doge unless you stay in your enemy.. and you dont even nbeed dodge to dodge it when enemy is at range with bow

well i hear it at least 20 times a day that rifle ius Op when downed enemy invite me to grp and write omg OP rilfe nerf pls

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

Hey guys thanks for your interest to this build.

I will be surprise they nerf rifle, because it’s mainly single target range weapon, so it’s okay it’s bursty and kill shot can be dodge easily. What make this build strong is not the rifle itself, but the combo of Greatsword and Rifle.

Depend of your ennemy you could use your GS 75% and 25% Rifle and other fight like bomb engineer I will use rifle 80% of the fight.

The only thief I encounter and kill me 3 time in a row in dueling is a condition thief. He applied to many condition and was covering his bleed with crap condition.

You can’t compare Bow and Rifle, because they have different mechanic and purpose.

Here a video with my friend, a conditioner warrior Bow and me with Salvation build. A nice combo btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrF3j5L0uPM

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

I will be surprise they nerf rifle, because it’s mainly single target range weapon, so it’s okay it’s bursty and kill shot can be dodge easily. What make this build strong is not the rifle itself, but the combo of Greatsword and Rifle.

Depend of your ennemy you could use your GS 75% and 25% Rifle and other fight like bomb engineer I will use rifle 80% of the fight.

The only thief I encounter and kill me 3 time in a row in dueling is a condition thief. He applied to many condition and was covering his bleed with crap condition.

You can’t compare Bow and Rifle, because they have different mechanic and purpose.

Here a video with my friend, a conditioner warrior Bow and me with Salvation build. A nice combo btw.

Nice videos. I have been using S/S+LB the past couple of weeks. This looks like a nice change up. You are a very good player.

I looked forward to watching your duo with a Lb+S/S warrior. It wasn’t much of a team work video Just looked like 2 random people on same server fighting near each other.

That said. WTB a Warrior partner for roaming on SoS !

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

Nice videos. I have been using S/S+LB the past couple of weeks. This looks like a nice change up. You are a very good player.

I looked forward to watching your duo with a Lb+S/S warrior. It wasn’t much of a team work video Just looked like 2 random people on same server fighting near each other.

That said. WTB a Warrior partner for roaming on SoS !

I’m on BlackgGate, so we will only play against. LB + S/S get good mobility and nice condition dealer.

On the video we were using our mobility to switch on low health the ’’agro’’. When I went to 50% hp I moved back to regen. Then he take the frontline so they won’t chase. Same when he was going low.

Getting out of combat or just regen is possible with theses 2 spec due of their mobility.

It’s being a long time I roam with him so this kind of back and forth is part of our strategy.

Thanks for watching and keep owning.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

Shameless bump :P

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Arahain.7425

Arahain.7425

I don’t think this build is that strong. I did only watch the first video but as far as I can see you win most of your fights because of the absolutely overpowered melandru rune+dogged march+lemongrass combo and because your opponents fail to dodge kill shot multiple times.

While I don’t like the rifle at all I do still have a suggestion for your build:
-You don’t really need hightened focus because you use kill shot very often and therefore don’t get the full benefit from this trait.
-since your rifle applies bleeds you would benefit a lot from the attack of opportunity trait (this is a huge dmg boost!)
-5 extra points in defence could increase your armour by 50 points and your attack by 170.
—> If you’d change the build to 0/25/25/0/20 you’d deal more dmg and have more armour! Kill shot would still be on 80% crit chance with fury.

Cheers!

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

I don’t think this build is that strong. I did only watch the first video but as far as I can see you win most of your fights because of the absolutely overpowered melandru rune+dogged march+lemongrass combo and because your opponents fail to dodge kill shot multiple times.

While I don’t like the rifle at all I do still have a suggestion for your build:
-You don’t really need hightened focus because you use kill shot very often and therefore don’t get the full benefit from this trait.
-since your rifle applies bleeds you would benefit a lot from the attack of opportunity trait (this is a huge dmg boost!)
-5 extra points in defence could increase your armour by 50 points and your attack by 170.
—> If you’d change the build to 0/25/25/0/20 you’d deal more dmg and have more armour! Kill shot would still be on 80% crit chance with fury.

Cheers!

Hi there, appreciated your suggestion here, but you only focus on Rifle. The hidden powerful trait here is Forceful greatsword. You get a might every time you crit and sometimes I get 25 stack of might when I got 2-3 target in hundred blade. It give a good might boost while using GS.

Now I won’t be 100% crit under fury, so maybe bleed will proc less often, less bleed and I’ll less might while doing hundred blade and GS skills, but I’ll give a try and I’ll adapt my gameplay to proc more bleed with rifle. I’ll check this out.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I got my warrior to lvl 80 three or four nights ago and have been playing this build in WvW since. It’s lots of fun. I’m going to try the 0/25/25/0/20 variant as well.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

I got my warrior to lvl 80 three or four nights ago and have been playing this build in WvW since. It’s lots of fun. I’m going to try the 0/25/25/0/20 variant as well.

I’m happy this build helped you in WvW.

I tried the variant and I prefer my original build, because the bleed get often purged and a lot of people is running with lemongrass so this duration of the bleed don’t stand for long.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

I’ve been testing this build out the past few days and it’s pretty fun. I switched up some of the utilities & traits to suit my play style.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I have been having lots of fun with this build but I find it really squishy.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

I have been having lots of fun with this build but I find it really squishy.

Squishy, but with a good mobility you got enough regen to replenish while kitting your opponent. Endure Pain and Dolyak signet can be a major turning point in a fight.

Thx for your feedback and keep owning !!!

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

In this video I was really squishy, but doing more damage. Sniper in WvW Headshot

The 30-10-0-0-30 build. BTW the salvation build is much better for roaming then this build. This full zerker build is for the fun to get 15k-20k on kill shot.

[HALT] – BlackGate

in Warrior

Rendolphe.5086

Here the 4th episode of solo roaming Warrior with the Salvation build (GS-Rifle).

[HALT] – BlackGate