WvW longbow - zerk vs rabid?

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Trying to find a solid longbow wvw build. But as my experience is a bit outdated (stopped using my LB warrior when they changed omnom pie internal CD) I’d appreciate any information you guys can provide.

Mainly wondering how longbow works with zerker gear. I used to play rabid, so that’s all I know about. I will most likely be running sword/warhorn as secondary set for mobility, group buffs, etc.

Thanks!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Between the pulses on Combustive Shot and Arcing Arrow you def wanna go Zerk. Slot a Sigil of Fire and you’ll be alright.

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

Zerk all the way! Esp, fun when you start hitting 7 – 10k arching arrows into enemy zergs.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Is losing the toughness from rabid worth it though? How much more damage are we talking over something like a rabid gear and a bleed/fire build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Go into the mists and find out.

in Warrior

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Go into the mists and find out.

Oh I will. I do quite a thorough amount of testing on all my builds. But I always enjoy to hear others opinions, and perhaps they have something to share that I have yet to think about.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Is losing the toughness from rabid worth it though? How much more damage are we talking over something like a rabid gear and a bleed/fire build?

Either Zerk or Cavaliers (Power/Tough/Crit dmg) if you run 30 in arms + fury

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

gearing tip:

0/20/20/0/30 (what i use)

Armor:
Head: knight
shoulders: berserkers
Coat: knight
Gloves: berserkers
Pants: knight
boots: berserkers

Others (Ascended):
Amulet: berserkers
Ring: berserkers
Ring: berserkers
Earring: Cavalier
Earring: Cavalier
Back: berserkers

Runes: i run with Lyssa

Sigil of fire on longbow (AOE)
Sigil of lightning on sword (single target)

in Warrior

Posted by: doc phil.8015

doc phil.8015

Zerker gear works pretty good with longbow. For smaller groups or solo roaming 0/20/20/0/30 works pretty nice for me. If you want to support the zerg and still do some nice damage thats what I use. This build also uses the sword/warhorn combo
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBjYDbE0p4tFS5hJOggUohVh6hdshxRSRZwGA-jUyAUEIyCAVAO5VEN2yYR0YVLYKXhINcqdHYyAwsAA-w
I like to kill some pve mobs first to get some extra precision though

Dzagonur Warrior
Dochil [GDA]

(edited by doc phil.8015)

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I played about 4 months in rabid or PVT and 2 weeks with zerker I would definitely go with zerker. That being said and I will admit I don’t use zerker accessory mostly because I don’t want to get under 3.2k armor. On a warrior condi gear is not really worth it, I really wanted condi to work and I could see the potential but it was too much work for what it gave back. I still have my rabid set in my bags because you never know if they will buff it someday.

I’ts kinda sad that a whole branch of the offensive part of the game can be eliminated so easily. I’m still waiting on my -30% reduction on incoming physical damage food.

Only class that is harder to beat with zerker gear vs rabid is the thief. In rabid they become pretty much trivial. You have more toughness and pin down is pretty much the death of them. (root and 16k++ dam in bleed if i recall correctly)

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)