WvW roaming legendary warrior build vs others

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

what does tapdatmouse’s legendary warrior build do that other roaming warrior builds don’t? like what is it stronger in and weaker in compared to other popular roaming builds?

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You need to be a bit more specific as there are lots of roaming builds out there. For example, my regular roamer these days is not dissimilar to TDM’s Legendary Roamer 3, but there are differences:

TDM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIEauIsDYyE&list=UUW4rDBxVdkxCfjyomSeApwg

Mine: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARSjMdU2ZZIWhwJagfgC9t3C7gxAYAU+G5OA-TVCFABVfEAQ4QAAwFAoQ1fuSJISK/qZ/h00FswDAIAACwNvZ28mBOv5Nv5Nv55m38m38m3sUAMp1C-w

Overall, my damage, condi resistance/reduction, and mobility are better than his. But he has more armor and regen from the mango pie.

He’ll also generate slightly more might and has higher crit damage, but he has a lower crit chance… especially if he’s not giving himself fury with Arcing Slice (I have permanent fury, and he won’t unless he uses AS… which isn’t optimal most of the time). This is part of the reason my damage is better…. also, power.

The differences aren’t huge, but more sustain on his build (except against condis) and more damage and mobility on mine.

If you compare these with the listed meta h/gs… http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Hammer/GS_Roamer

It has higher raw damage and condi management, but less toughness than both mine and TDM’s, less cc due to the longer hammer cd, the same mobility as TDM, and I probably win on actual damage when you factor in the crit and the hammer trait.

Still, they’re all variations around the same central theme so pretty comparable. Which to go with depends on what suits your playstyle and what you come up against more.

Compare them with something that’s not a variation on the same, like the Axe+Sh/GS: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_GS_Axe/Shield_Roamer

Here you have a build that has the highest damage output at the cost of aoe cc. 1v1 it’s probably a stronger build than the others in terms of damage and mitigation (through shield 5), but it really depends on whether you can catch someone in a stun lock with the hammer. Burst is higher with the axe build though.

I used to run something similar to the axe build last year, but shifted to the hammer because I found the cc was more useful for dealing with stealth classes and in outnumbered or group fights. All pretty common in the life of a wvw roamer.

There are several other viable roaming builds out there, each carrying their own relative advantages and disadvantages.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

what does tapdatmouse’s legendary warrior build do that other roaming warrior builds don’t? like what is it stronger in and weaker in compared to other popular roaming builds?

I suppose you’re referring to his version 3?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJARSjMd04ZVIehwJagfgC9t3C7gpAQdaMHlBA-TVCCABZcBAw4BAEp6PjpEEgDBAVK/04IAUnugc2fIAACwNvZ28mBQKAz0aB-w

It is a full berserker/hoelbrak, stances-based hammer/GS build, using a standard PvP power template 2/0/6/0/6. It is strong and consistent, and the author makes a good explanation of it.

GS/hammer builds sometimes prefer to invest 4 points in Strength (taking the missing 2 points from Discipline) or 4 points in Arms (taking the points from Strength and Discipline), in order to trait the greatsword. He favors the hammer over the GS (a fine choice) and gets Burst Mastery as a bonus (better burst rotation, better condition management through an optimized Cleansing Ire).

There are a lot of other roaming builds, some power-based, some condition-based, some hybrid, so giving you a comparison is a bit difficult. Did you have specific build in mind? In general:

• His build has good mobility (only surpassed by sword+x/GS builds, or GS with Bull’s Charge).
  • It has lots of hard control, which not only works great with the GS (control -> HB), but also with the passive regeneration he has built for (regen while the opponent is disabled).
  • It is full berserker, so has good damage, but remains a bit fragile, despite the 6 points in Defense. Beware outnumbered fights.
  • It has moderate/decent precision. Some would probably consider replacing the Sigil of Battle on the hammer by a Sigil of Intelligence.
  • It has low might-building capacity, although more is probably unneeded, given the very good stats the build already has.
  • It has moderate condition management (Berserker Stance and optimized Cleansing Ire), so it still vulnerable to heavy condition setups.
  • It has no block / reflects, so is more vulnerable to ranged attacks, especially from power rangers.

As I said, the build is strong, it fits the warrior’s spirit quite well. It is however not as easy to pickup as he makes it sound (the author is clearly an experienced player), you need to know your weapons and their rotations, how to be aggressive, how to kite and LoS.

HTH.

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

wow very informative, thanks guys. I was just talking about how this build does against the most popular roaming warrior builds that have similar playstyles (so melee weapon builds). I like his build too, and the greatsword hammer weapons, so I wanted to see what other people had to say about it because I want to use his build which now I will be once I hit 80. but I will probably change it up a bit especially since this build won’t be strong 2 or something months from now. i’ll maybe even change one of the weapons to another melee weapon. unless I change weapons I won’t be changing the traits, but the food I’m kinda iffy on

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

(edited by King Noob IV.3560)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

It’s never a bad thing to have a range of gear, especially for the warrior. h/gs should still be viable after the new content drops, but it looks there’ll be greater diversity in terms of what’s viable too.

Definitely recommend trying out different weapons to see what works best for you, and to give you more options when your usual doesn’t cut it. For example, I strongly recommend at least having a bow, sword, and warhorn on hand, in addition to your hammer and greatsword. Shout builds usually use a sword and warhorn, and then either a hammer or bow, depending, and shout builds can bring lots of support to your allies.

As for relative strength for roaming, like I said, I prefer the h/gs combo for the control and damage it provides. A greatsword is invaluable as a roamer in that it gives reasonably good damage but, more importantly, mobility, which is crucial.

Axe+shield/gs is the other popular roaming set up, but it’s a distant second in popularity from what I’ve seen. Still, it’s very strong. What a lot of players don’t recognize is that the auto attack is very powerful if you make sure you always get the third hit in. It swings fast and outputs a lot of damage. Hit your target with Eviscerate (the F1 burst) and you can take people down 10k health in one shot, give or take.

Food should always support your build, so it’s tough to give advice there. I used to run mango pie like TDS recommends, and it’s probably the cheapest food in the game. I more typically run saffron bread, which is also cheap and provides some defence against condis and direct damage.

Good luck.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Honestly tho, there are not many other popular roaming builds to begin with for a warrior. Sword/Gs and Axe/GS are what I see most on other warriors (except for hammer/gs, which is still the most dominant).

TDM’s build is alright, but it is far from optimal. Choppy’s build is very close to what many refer to as being the meta. TDM just managed to adjust his build to what he likes to run with.

In my opinion, 04604 and 00626 are the strongest versions of the build.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’m using exotic roaming warrior build 2.4.3x and I do okay.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I use op warrior axe/shield & sword/mace 0.9 build.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Warrior

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Is this a joke? Or is that really a build. If it is, I wanna see it. I want to try something new.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Is this a joke? Or is that really a build. If it is, I wanna see it. I want to try something new.

I think he’s trolling. Why?
He forgot about the quality. Judging from the signature it’s just a masterwork warrior roaming build, but rare these days I admit.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I’ve never heard of it before, but changing it to mace/sword and adding Missile Deflection would make for a hilarious anti ranged build that could be kited for days.

in Warrior

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I’ve never heard of it before, but changing it to mace/sword and adding Missile Deflection would make for a hilarious anti ranged build that could be kited for days.

I watched the streamer Koroshi do this for a match in spvp. It was funny vs the rangers as they just didn’t learn their lesson and camped LB

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2