WvW weapon sigils

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Hey there..it’s me again looking for a few tips about warrior sigils today..
I run wvw on trooper runes. Soldier set and trooper runes for high survivability.
For weapons i’m using hammer on main weapon and sword / warhorn on alt weap.

So my question is..with this build i have four sigil slots and in game i have been told ao many different things that my head is avout to explode.

1- hammer
1a- my last guild told me to always use sigil of restoration (not sure if that is the name…but is the one that restores life on kill.) Thing is, i’m not sure how much health it restore since i always have some passive restore from signet…and also not sure if it is worth to waste the slot on this..
1b- sigil of energy( recovers 50% endurance on weapon swap) it kinda seems good during blob fights for the extra dodge but to be real effective you have to equip another energy sigil on one off the alt weapons, this way whenever you swap you gain endurance.
1c- don’t know the name but, the sigil that transfer a condition to the oponent.

2- sword / warhorn
2a- sigil of energy- reason described above.
2b- 60% on hit remove a condition
2c- 30% fireblast aoe on crit

Any of those good??
Or do you guys recommend any other combo?? And i’m asking for wvw mainly.

Thanks

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

You are talking about zerging I believe?

Conditions don’t do well in zerg versus zerg, as there is a lot of random condition cleansing being thrown around. Thus, 60% to remove a condi on crit is not worth it, IMO. Also this sigil costs an insane amount of gold.

Sigil of energy is very good in any circumstance. Don’t put it on both sets though. Warriors can get a trait called ‘Fast Hands’, this allows you to swap every 5 seconds instead of 10. Just make sure to swap regularly, and you will get the maximum out of your sigil of Energy.

Sigil of Fire adds a little AoE damage, can’t go wrong with that.

I guess, if you run a shout healing build, you could get the sigil that stacks healing power on kill; Superior Sigil of Life. You can also get Sigil of Renewal to do an AoE heal on swap.

If you want to increase sustain on yourself, Sigil of Blood or Sigil of Leeching are good. Probably leeching, as blood relies on critical hits (and you have low crit chance).

Last but not least, I would definitely get sigil of paralysation on hammer, so your Stun from hammer lasts longer.

Good luck.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

You are talking about zerging I believe?

Conditions don’t do well in zerg versus zerg, as there is a lot of random condition cleansing being thrown around. Thus, 60% to remove a condi on crit is not worth it, IMO. Also this sigil costs an insane amount of gold.

I think he means sigil of Purity, though.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

For Groups 20+, choose among the following.

For hammer:
1- fire (my choice)
2- paralisation
3- intelligence (my choice)
4- stamina

For sword:
1- perception (my cheap choice) – “stack” sigils need to be on your water weapon as well, ideally.
2- bloodlust

For warhorn:
1- energy (my choice. If you use it properly you’ll never change it with any other sigil)
2- hydromancy

I cannot advise for GvG, since I do not have enough experience.
As for roaming, well, the whole setup is different so that will require different gear/runes/weapons/sigils depending on a more personal taste.

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

this is y setup for sigils for my zerg build, but its just how I play it

hammer – leeching, water
sw/wh – energy, renewal

I sit in hammer more and I tend to jump at people to cc my teamates are fighting with already so I feel like the water helps that much more, and leeching is nice, it gives u a nice boost in heal and damage while im ccing my targets to kinda jump start my HS and adrenal health if my hp is down. its like a small heal, and then the passive heal takes over while my target cant do anything. for the sw/wh I use it when I need to get out so renewal gives u and anyone around u a small heal, and with wh clearing conditions, and energy helps with more dodging since im trying to get out.

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

@Loading
If the set Sw/Wh is mainly used to get out of a situation, wouldn’t a 2sec chill be better than a small heal (and then Sw #2 to jump out the area)?
I see for the Hammer you prefer a less dmg-based approach, so that is your personal choice. I still believe though that paralisation and stamina serve the same purpose of keeping you alive “longer”.
Just food for thought.

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

@Loading
If the set Sw/Wh is mainly used to get out of a situation, wouldn’t a 2sec chill be better than a small heal (and then Sw #2 to jump out the area)?
I see for the Hammer you prefer a less dmg-based approach, so that is your personal choice. I still believe though that paralisation and stamina serve the same purpose of keeping you alive “longer”.
Just food for thought.

yea I see what u mean with the chill, but I just feel like sometimes IMO theres so much condi cleansing, imo a small heal on urself and ally in range, even though a random aoe will just bring it back down outweighs a condition on your target and get cleansed.

and for the hammer, I ran with paralization for a while, but I noticed in the initial clash between the zerg, theres so much aoe that extra stun wouldn’t make a difference because their either burned down before the stun is gone or they’ll break the stun and have stability, and for chasing down people after that, its more of a good timed cc than a longer cc, even though a extra helps.

that’s why I opted into something that would benefit my zerg more, even if its that little bit, cause if u have a cced target and nobody to help you take em down then whats the point

just wanted to point out also, I usually run with the pug mindless zerg and not any organized guild, that’s why I have those opinions on it

(edited by Loading.4503)

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Fire/Force on hammer and Energy/Bloodlust on Sword/Horn is my recommendation.

Fire is the best AOE damage sigil you can use for power based builds.

I prefer Force over Impact/Paralyzation because stability will negate the effect of these sigils.

Fire/Force on Hammer because hammer is your main DPS weapon and you want to put your DPS focused sigils on your primary weapon set.

Energy on Sword (or Horn) to recover 50% endurance (an extra dodge) on weapon swap. Unlike guardians who can’t get a 5 second weapon swap warriors only need to put this on a single weapon set instead of both.

Bloodlust on Horn (or Sword) to stack an extra 250 power. I would not use a different attribute stacking sigil because Bloodlust is far superior to anything else for a frontline hammer warrior. I prefer Bloodlust over Perception because 30% crit chance before fury is the most optimal before you start sacrificing other stats for precision. Healing power doesn’t scale as well as other professions such as guardian so even for a shout healing build I still prefer Bloodlust over Life.

You generally don’t want to use sigils such as Stamina or Restoration because that is relying on enemy kills for sustain. Your sustain should come from skills and not sigils, e.g. blasting water fields for healing and using shouts with trooper runes for condition cleanse.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjKP78wME6QDkFUIH8AQ5LU4p/gTIEA-TVSBwA4U/xsSwrK/i8AAou/AiDCgmjAQedDAuAABAQAu5NDAIFATCjA-w

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DpFtGDOqZs

Jade Quarry since Beta

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

@Crius
With 5sec swapping weapons would you still consider Force > Intelligence?

[ROCK]
Desolation

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Yes, I still would. Weapon swap sigils have a 9 second internal CD and weapon swapping for most professions have a 10 second CD. To make the most out of an Intel sigil you would have to swap everytime your swap comes off CD. Energy sigil on the other hand is defensive and you use your CD when you need to for sustain (e.g. swapping for blast waters with horn #5, to use savage leap, swapping for extra dodge roll, etc…) If I don’t need to blast waters and use my gap closer (savage leap) I tend to stay in hammer until a rerally.

Jade Quarry since Beta

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

really ?! Hammer with no Sigil of Impact ?

I’m disappoint.

WvW weapon sigils

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

On my hammer: sigil of impact, sigil of intelligence
on my axe+shield: sigil of energy, sigil of battle

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r