You Guys Just Keep getting buffed on every patch huh

in Warrior

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Warrior
Battle Standard: This skill no longer goes on full recharge if it’s interrupted while being activated.
Brutal Shot: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.
Forceful Shot: This skill’s damage has been increased by about 70%, and its activation time has been increased.
Stomp: The responsiveness of skills used after this skill has been improved.
Tremor: This skill can now be activated while moving.

in Warrior

Posted by: Methias.3521

Methias.3521

ummmmmmm…….. as far as I know this is the first patch where warriors even got touched AT ALL. Maybe I missed other patch notes but I am pretty sure this is the first set of Warrior changes since game release.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyokara.1867

kyokara.1867

Yes..this is the first patch warriors have been mentioned since beta..

80 Warrior
2 Mesmer (sPvP only)

in Warrior

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Even with this being the first bit of love they have given..there is still this huge list of warrior issues that have not been addressed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

The part that made me laugh was the elementalists. Poor ele’s got screwed again. At least they fixed their down state some. To be fair, they were mostly bug fixes and a couple of nerfs… okay, it’s still not fair. Suckers!

in Warrior

Posted by: Obby Shards.9365

Obby Shards.9365

It is because we are boss

Obby Shards – 80 Warrior / Aura Of Faith – 80 Guardian. Fanboys & Hate mail [FnH]

in Warrior

Posted by: Tommytoons.2481

Tommytoons.2481

Lol right when I saw the update I went to the forums with a thought in mind, " lets see what qq shows up first."

in Warrior

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

What’s wrong with us getting buffed? We’re a joke in PvP anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

Warrior was my first class and I loved it. Branching out to other classes I realize how pitiful the warrior is now. The warrior’s battle flow is very off compared to the other classes I played(every one except engi/ranger). Every time I enter a battle I feel like I’m on the other person’s time. I only gain control if he/she makes mistakes or a teammate helps me.

Most of the Warriors utilities are a bit… off. The shouts need to be redone so they buff better AND debuff enemies. Banners are even worst in my opinion. Is there a purpose to even using one besides the battle banner? Stances are lackluster as well. Berserker stance does exactly what signet of precision does, but slower and without the passive. Endure pain is on a 90 second cooldown… The warrior’s lack of only makes this a “pwease halp me guyz!” ability.

The burst skills for most of the weapons are also sad. Greatsword and mace(f1) are trash. Sword(f1) just begs your enemy to smash your face in with the long self-immoblize, which is easily avoided or cleansed if you mistakenly get caught in it. Lets face it, condition build warrior doesn’t exist if you want a chance against a skilled player.

The “Surprise!” Glass Cannon warriors are the only ones that will kill a skilled player in battle. Which is only because he would be pre-occupied with someone else before you sneak up on him.

I would like to play as my warrior but I find it only effective against noobs. Again, as a Warrior the flow of battle is never in your hands. You rely way too much on your team to be effective, which is not the same for the others. For other classes your team augments your abilities and not dependent upon them.

I actually laugh a little when I see a Warrior in SPvP now.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Obvious troll is obvious.

/eyeroll

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

What’s wrong with us getting buffed? We’re a joke in PvP anyway.

Do warriors actually think this or is this some kind of running joke in the warrior forums?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Eh, its not like huge buffs. Just tweaks, but they should work on ranger over warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

I wish Necros and Engies got this much love.

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Banner issue was a bugfix. Brutal shot is a minimal buff honestly, Forceful shot was a joke underwater before, have to check how it is now. Stomp fix is nice. Tremor buff is awesome though.

Pretty meh, no real bugfixes and no real changes.

Also OP is a QQ thief so ignore that guy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Do warriors actually think this or is this some kind of running joke in the warrior forums?

Right, cause the top tier competitive teams in tourneys are falling all over themselves to pick up warriors to fill the roles of….

Oh wait, no they’re not. Silly me, we must have been in bizarro world where the ability to HB gank some distracted noob in SPvP zergfests was the defining factor of pvp worth instead of tourney play.

:)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

We were buffed to bottom of the downed state abilities.

F’n hammer toss…I actually laugh when i’m downed now it’s such a bad skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Only buffs were to underwater fighting. Who gives a crap about underwater fighting buffs, unless you run HotW dungeon every day.

Still no bug fixes to double vengeance death, fast hands, tool-tip change on endure pain, rush/bulls charge running past people, etc. All of which have been in the game since release.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

LOL okay so Warrior should get nerfed or ignored then?

“Okay guys get on the front and tank/kite these mobs while I dance in the back shooting arrows and lasers… but don’t do too much damage because I want to look cool too!”

Hopefully devs leave warriors alone because we’re fine as it is and it’s still my favorite class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kashou.6058

Kashou.6058

Warriors are not “fine”, we completely rely on frenzy to kill stuff which completely kittens our builds, running shouts or anything other than frenzy and bulls charge (in pretty much any build that isn’t trying to be some kind of useless buffer/supporter) just kittens you to hell.

ATM I think Frenzy, Bulls Charge, Endure Pain and Fear Me are the only good warrior skills. Bolas are alright, but to use them you either have to kitten your survivability, mobility/damage or your burst capability. Some people pick balanced stance, but I think that’s pretty kittening kitten as you’re better off picking another class or having another class in your team with better stability options instead of the most useless stability skill in the game.

All Signets are useless, all shouts except fear me are useless because they don’t offer enough for what you sacrifice, half of the stances are useless, stomp and kick are pretty pointless in PvP compared to the other options. Banners are total crap because they also force you to run some kind of support build that hardly heal or give siginificant buffs anyway, and if you run more than one banner you’re once again kittening your build, because the heal doesn’t apply faster, you just get longer stacks of regen. Running banners also force you to get healing or else your healing is completely pointless, which even more kittens your damage output, which in turn makes you useless. What are you gonna do? Run around and throw bolas at people and apply vulnerability with your rifle? Knockdown people with your hammer? All of this is more effective as glass cannon, and everything support warriors can do, Guardians can do much better. Same goes for point holding.

And yes, my entire post is focused on PvP. I think most of the clashing on the forums are because people are arguing from PvE and PvP standpoints without mentioning it.

in Warrior

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Kashou you should further narrow your post down to sPvP, as a lot of the stuff you mentioned doesn’t apply in WvWvW either. E.g. banners are useful in a zerg for their effects and triggering combos, and with the amount of CC happening you won’t care so much about not having your precious frenzy vs shake it off. +Healing is also pretty kitten useful in WvWvW. Basically anything to keep you up for long enough to put another player between you and the 10 enemies that popped in thanks to high server load.

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I wish Necros and Engies got this much love.

I wish rangers got as much love as..well anything. Though I will admit necros are in a horrible place right now.

Yes, warrior is my main. I play a little of everything but my warrior was my frist 80. That said, necros are in a bad place. They need some bug fixes sooner rather than later. Rangers are in a worse spot than necros. Imagine if your 1 was a self cc that not only rooted you, but if you dodged away it would drag you back to your target kicking and screaming.

Glad to see the banner fix. Even with this spear is still the only weapon to use underwater.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kashou.6058

Kashou.6058

@nosleepdemon

You are correct, I just assumed people actually said WvW and not PvP when they meant WvW.

My bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Yeah it’s a kitteny state for sPvP, it’s at least mitigated by allowing you to roll a fully functional alt almost instantly. I sPvP with my Thief and do everything else with my Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

ummmmmmm…….. as far as I know this is the first patch where warriors even got touched AT ALL. Maybe I missed other patch notes but I am pretty sure this is the first set of Warrior changes since game release.

Yes..this is the first patch warriors have been mentioned since beta..

Even with this being the first bit of love they have given..

Oct 1st:
Profession bundle weapons (engineer kits, elementalist conjure skills, warrior banners) can now save their autoattack status.

The following profession skills now hit 3 targets instead of 1:
Elementalist Dagger: Lightning Whip, Lightning Touch
Mesmer Spear: Stab, Jab, Evasive Strike
Ranger Spear: Stab, Jab, Evasive Strike, Dart, Counterstrike
Thief Spear: Stab, Jab, Poison Tip Strike, Nine Tailed Strike
Warrior Spear: Stab, Jab, Impale, Mariner’s Frenzy, Parry

Sept 17th:
Smoldering Arrow: This skill’s casting time has been reduced

Sept 14th:
Made several more skills usable while moving: Brutal Banner, Compassionate Banner, and Furious Rally.

Rush: Improved the ability to hit fleeing foes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Cool…more underwater skills I don’t use because underwater sucks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

those are hardy buffs more like fixes to me.
and those skill I hardy use becuz those are for water fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

My point was refuting the boo-hooing about never being mentioned in patch notes at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

lol OP who QQ’s on every thread usually about thiefs go figure prolly one of the top pvp proffessions in the game… anyways yea guardian and ranger need to be fixed before warrior.. anyhow on my warrior i hardly use any of these skills anyways so dosnt really matter to me.. sword an board is where its at

in Warrior

Posted by: spamalope.3086

spamalope.3086

massive improvements all around!!!!!!! warrior is the new mesmer!!!!!

</sarcasm>