You know what specialization warrior needs?

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Dragon Age-styled Reaver.

Dragon Knight + Blood Death Knight all in one glorious, bloody package.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

What’s a “Dragon Knight?”

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Warrior

Posted by: Pastafarian.1642

Pastafarian.1642

Yes give warrior a pet dragon that grows. And when its fully grown you will become the dragon queen.

+1

Not a HoT copy owner

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

What’s a “Dragon Knight?”

Lots of fire. WoW has been doing this trend a bit recently. Becoming Enraged = Fire particle effects. Your charge leaves a fire trail (similar to FGS). Aesthetically it’s like if you took a Paladin, but replaced all the holy magic with fire magic. Lorewise, specifically Reavers in Dragon Age, they get their power literally from dragon magic. They consume dragon/wyvern blood in some sort of ritual.

Then tie that in with Blood DK-style blood-related magic. You have abilities that steal life, and you generally get stronger the lower health you are and as you kill enemies. So for example, some traits from Dragon Age: Deal 5% extra damage per 10% missing health, deal more damage after you kill a foe, an ability that does more damage the lower health you are, and damages you for a % of your health when you use it, etc.

Anyways, it’s not an overdone archetype, it fits neatly in with the obvious Dragon theme for GW2, and it looks cool.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Yes give warrior a pet dragon that grows. And when its fully grown you will become the dragon queen.

+1

And reproduction is the leveling system. You mate with other dragons, and your next generation gets a level up. Wow give this man a medal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

The only way I could accept this concept is if they somehow were magic-redirectors. Warriors are described as non-magical so suddenly becoming bristling with flames without some sort of ourside magical source seems like a cop-out of the concept.

Now, if they used flame and fire to somehow gain an advantage, like consuming burning off of allies/self, or even getting stronger while surrounded by flames/burning, that could be something unique.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Isn’t Fire+Knight = Guardian?

Sorry mate but they already got that role in game.
The ideas about the Reaver – dmg to self while damaging others was tried a bit on necro, but I think they dropped it so it might come back as the warrior role

Dry Leaves

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea…ask Necros how well this game is suited for builds that revolve around sacrificing HP for power…

I think that this general design is just too unstable to balance. If you’re sacrificing HP, you have to get a really meaningful power gain to compete against other classes that don’t have such a cost and it’s just too easy to become a 1-shot gimmick class at that point. That may be fine for solo PvE games, but MMO PvP is a whole ’nuther beast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

+1

Ahhh, like a Dragoon?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130624231107/finalfantasy/images/8/8d/ARR_Dragoon.png

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I hope warriors specialization don’t take away the essense of being a warrior. We are about offense and physical brute force. Don’t make Warriors into spell casters or support class. That’s why I feel a staff with the spec Monk would fit. Make the monk very evasive and has good cc while deal extreme burst damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I’d really like to see a Monk type specialization as well, but I’d also love great-axes, like a GS but more damage in exchange for less mobility.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I like the idea of the monk although monks traditionally don’t wear heavy armor. A physical staff weapon would make sense. I’d still prefer a land based spear or pole arm.

I wouldn’t mind some magic but not in the for of spells. Maybe anti-magic would be a better term. Something that can turn magic user’s magic against them by making you stronger. No sure how that could be worked into the game though.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

whats the difference between a Dragon Knight & a Blood Death Knight

and where does what ever a Dragon Age-styled Reaver fit in to this mess

is this anything like a black knight , white knight , berserker , Rambo , dragon warrior , gladiator , fighter – the terrible list goes on – Rambo excluded

idk but if u don’t get my point by now, idk how to tell u this but I am not good at making up senseless class names.

(edited by caveman.5840)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daelin.6782

Daelin.6782

So…like the (Sigel) Phoenix Knight from Lineage 2?

in Warrior

Pastafarian.1642

is this anything like a black knight , white knight , berserker , Rambo , dragon warrior , gladiator , fighter – the terrible list goes on – Rambo excluded

idk but if u don’t get my point by now, idk how to tell u this but I am not good at making up senseless class names.

Are you saying my Khaleesi Warrior Queen class is senseless?

Not a HoT copy owner

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Literally everything.

It’s a class concept from Dragon Age called a Reaver, which is heavily inspired by the previous two archetypes. It’s decisively not a Dragon Knight, nor a Blood DK, but it takes heavy inspiration from both. If you prefer, picture something like a Berserker with some very minor fire/dragonic themed abilities. Same idea.

Yeah, no thanks.

I play warrior exactly because it isn’t a magic user. In a world of magical superstars I’m Batman. Guardians are already Thoros; I didn’t sign up to be Stannis.

Warriors use magic in GW2 (hello Rampage? Adrenal Health? Even all the heals sans signet and arguably mending (magical artifact for signet, maybe bandages for Mending) are pretty magical in nature), it’s just less limited in scope similar to a thief, which is only ‘shadow’ magic like stealth and teleports, or ranger, which is nature stuff like pets or entangle, and this concept doesn’t use any more magic than something like the trait “Desperate Power” would. Reaver doesn’t even have actual fire particle effects in Dragon Age, it just takes inspiration thematically and with flavor (eg. “Dragon’s Rage” as an ability name). You’re not gonna be spitting fireballs.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

I think it’s a wonderful idea but it’s not on the table at the moment. Don’t worry, we’ll think about and you’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg for great ideas. Everything is on the cards and we’ll be sure to add something soon™ that’ll really excite you.

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

I like the idea of the monk although monks traditionally don’t wear heavy armor. A physical staff weapon would make sense. I’d still prefer a land based spear or pole arm.

I wouldn’t mind some magic but not in the for of spells. Maybe anti-magic would be a better term. Something that can turn magic user’s magic against them by making you stronger. No sure how that could be worked into the game though.

Spellbreaker from Warcraft 3
http://classic.battle.net/war3/human/units/spellbreaker.shtml

Might not fit, but it was my first thought.

Another idea is the magehunter stuff from GW1, eg.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Magehunter_Strike
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Magehunter%27s_Smash

This is already rolled into Destruction of the Empowered mainly, but it could work. Always thought Arcing Slice prior to its rework should be related to boons. Work like Spinal Shivers in a way. It does more damage per boon ripped. Hypothetical staff/antimage spec could have mechanics like that, but it would be super niche.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Warrior needs another ranged weapon. I would like to see a scepter or a shortbow.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Pastafarian.1642

I think it’s a wonderful idea but it’s not on the table at the moment. Don’t worry, we’ll think about and you’re just seeing the tip of the iceberg for great ideas. Everything is on the cards and we’ll be sure to add something soon™ that’ll really excite you.

Ar we not on the same table? What makes you think your ideas is better than my Khaleesi Warrior Queen class?

Not a HoT copy owner

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Well, there are two skill types that are non-magical, non-tool based, and haven’t been given to other classes yet:

- Survival skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Survival
- Trick skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trick

And of the weapons that warriors don’t already have, and haven’t been given to others, you have:

- Pistol
- Dagger
- Shortbow
- Focus
- Scepter

My prediction is a a scoundrel type of dirty fighter that packs a pistol (or dagger) and uses tricks. A survivalist with a shortbow (or dagger) would be my second guess, but it crowds the ranger so I think it’s less likely.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

^
There’s Torch too, and personally I think that’s what we’ll be getting because pistol and dagger are too subtle as weapons and foci and scepter are magic. A big torch would fit nicely though.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

^
There’s Torch too, and personally I think that’s what we’ll be getting because pistol and dagger are too subtle as weapons and foci and scepter are magic. A big torch would fit nicely though.

True, had forgotten about torch. I can’t think of a character concept to work with it though. I still think pistol is more likely because it could give us 5 new weapon skills whereas torch would only give us two. So far, all elite specializations have brought five weapon skills to their respective classes.

Ultimately, I don’t think it’ll matter. I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or not, but I’ve been impressed with ANet’s moves with all of this so far.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

The specialization has to be amazing or im probably rerolling, and i have a feeling warrior is going to be a big let down

in Warrior

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

I want a dagger warrior. THATS the closet you can get to a fist brawler warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Ultimately, I don’t think it’ll matter. I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or not, but I’ve been impressed with ANet’s moves with all of this so far.

I don’t think you’re only one, I see pistol and dagger suggested as the warrior weapon all the time.

Personally those are the weapons I am the least excited to get because I think they are too “rogue-ish” to fit a warrior and I personally despise the theme of “rogue” archetypes in videogames.

I think torch fits a lot more because I can easily picture an angry barbaric warrior running with a torch in his hand, threatening to put everything on fire. I can’t really picture that same guy pulling a small knife from his pocket and going at war with it, and even less a pistol and doing a “clean” job of his foe.

I also think that with the rumors of us getting an F2, an off-hand weapon makes more sense than a mh/oh. I don’t see Arenanet giving us 5 all-new weapon skills when we already use so many weapons.

I guess we’ll see what we’ll get in a few months, although I’m a bit bummed about the break on specialization reveals, although if it happens to be because they want to revise the unannounced specialization after the lukewarm reception to Dragonhunter then I guess it’s a good thing.

(edited by Bearhugger.4326)

in Warrior

Posted by: Felix Harper.9572

Felix Harper.9572

^

True, had forgotten about torch. I can’t think of a character concept to work with it though. I still think pistol is more likely because it could give us 5 new weapon skills whereas torch would only give us two. So far, all elite specializations have brought five weapon skills to their respective classes.

Chronomancer only got a sheild.

80 Human Berserker 80 Human Herald
80 Human Elementalist 80 Sylvari Necromancer
Henge of Denravi

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Chronomancer only got a sheild.

Tru nuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

somebody shoot me….

I see the kitten ation on this forum coming already if Anet gives us any Specialization with the word Dragon in the name….

smh

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

I would be cool with Warrior getting a magical theme like Spell Breakers from Warcraft universe.

mainhand Scepter.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I want a main hand shield so I can build a dual shield warrior. Then maybe I’ll have a chance of getting the shield weapon master achievement.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

I don’t think the warrior needs anymore weapons but rather a rework of some of the core mechanics and skills, I would be happy if they just give us a new set of utilities, and give the profession more depth gameplay, f2 would be a good start. I don’t mind a torch thou.

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Ar we not on the same table? What makes you think your ideas is better than my Khaleesi Warrior Queen class?

Oops were you being serious?

somebody shoot me….

I see the kitten ation on this forum coming already if Anet gives us any Specialization with the word Dragon in the name….

smh

I don’t know why you assume it has to have Dragon in the name, unless you literally thought “Dragon Age-styled” was part of it. Anyways, you people take “Dragon Knight” way too seriously. It isn’t a Dragon Knight. It’s closer to a Berserker with abilities related to lifesteal and health deficits, and an incredibly minor Dragon motif. In Dragon Age, this comes from their background lore (drinking dragon blood for their powers) and literally a single ability.

I want a main hand shield so I can build a dual shield warrior. Then maybe I’ll have a chance of getting the shield weapon master achievement.

https://youtu.be/oXp8Th41rBs?t=24s

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Well, there are two skill types that are non-magical, non-tool based, and haven’t been given to other classes yet:

- Survival skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Survival
- Trick skills: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trick

And of the weapons that warriors don’t already have, and haven’t been given to others, you have:

- Pistol
- Dagger
- Shortbow
- Focus
- Scepter

My prediction is a a scoundrel type of dirty fighter that packs a pistol (or dagger) and uses tricks. A survivalist with a shortbow (or dagger) would be my second guess, but it crowds the ranger so I think it’s less likely.

I’ll be honest, before the Dragonhunter announcement with Traps I was pretty confident that warrior was going to get some sort of Artificer/Scoundrel-type specialization with an off-hand pistol. Similar to a more physical version of a Thief+Engineer mix, I suppose. That was my first idea, now I’m clueless. A martial staff seems the best weapon in general, but I highly doubt we’ll get a staff just by virtue of Druid already getting one, and it seems probable no specialization will get a repeat weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

I would like to see a Mh/Pistol with a focus on condition so I can play a heavy armoured Enforcer with Pistol/Shield and some physical utilities!

in Warrior

Posted by: OwikGall.1607

OwikGall.1607

I would like it if Warriors can inflict poison in addition to bleeding.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Here I was hoping you’d say ‘More Cowbell’. Kind of disappointing.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Warrior

Posted by: SiegHawk.5684

SiegHawk.5684

I think it could be a spear weapon. I remember Rytlock was about to stab Kralkatorrik in the heart within the crystal dessert with a spear. But sadly you know how it turn out that the branded minions beat him in the race while showing how usless Logan is, running off to chase his puppy love. =P

[FA] We are the Superior Race. ^.^

in Warrior

Posted by: Zero.5307

Zero.5307

Personally I think it would be cool if they added a hook or pull style Class that’s based on pulling targets to your party, kinda like stitches from blizzard. It would be a cool meta mix up and give the warrior class a physiological tactic in pvp or WvW.

I stopped playing for awhile because GW2 class skills became consumed a “bunker or die” attitude without enough distinction between them in my opinion. I wanna feel more specialized when playing, that I’m not just a part of a giant Mob.

in Warrior

Knighthonor.4061

I believe its going to be offhand dagger or mainhand pistol.
But what skills type you all believe we will get?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I really, really hope we don’t get torch. We already have LB as our fire focused weapon and I don’t really see a need for more. Guardians can already focus heavily on the fire angle and I’d rather have something more unique.

I could see offhand dagger and the Spec being a more nuanced fighter that’s more of a duelist than a barbarian. That being said, ANet said that if you only get an offhand the 2 skills you get would be flashy and I don’t know what you could do with a dagger that would that amazing. Of course we have have misinterpreted what ANet said and we may get a main 1 handed weapon.

Offhand Pistol on the other hand, you could get super creative. Perhaps the spec is a more technologically enhanced Warrior trying to remain relevant in a world where brute strength just doesn’t always cut it. I could see gadgets fitting in thematically. You could make them different than Physical skills that are all about pushing and shoving and make them about pulling and weakening.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Offhand Pistol on the other hand, you could get super creative. Perhaps the spec is a more technologically enhanced Warrior trying to remain relevant in a world where brute strength just doesn’t always cut it. I could see gadgets fitting in thematically. You could make them different than Physical skills that are all about pushing and shoving and make them about pulling and weakening.

off hand pistol, and we get weapon kits ?

besides our standard 2 weapons with 5 seconds weapon swap recharge, we could also get up to three other weapon kits!

imagine a warrior with 5 weapons !
5 burst skills!

the problem is, how to name our new warrior?

and i dun think that will happen.
because we are getting a new f2 burst skill. only.

in Warrior

Posted by: Niminion.1982

Niminion.1982

The big question is will they keep it physical drawing from engineer, thief, and ranger, which warrior pretty much has covered already. Pet, stealth, kits, traps and turrets seem unlikely. Gadgets are ok but not really much different than physical skills and signets.

I think they might add a mystical element to warriors. Spirits, mantras and cantrips are all kind of minor mystical abilities that could fit and change the playstyle alot. Shaman, Monk, or Battlemage, type spec?

My hopefuls are pistol/gadgets, just because I like high tech stuff.
Or focus/mantras for a monk type feel, they recently buffed mantras to add extra toughness baseline for mesmers, and this would fit a tanky warrior even more.