Your thoughts on Restorative Strength

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

What do you think of it as an adept trait? Personally, because of its condition removal, the Strength line seems like a kind of odd place for it. Maybe it should be moved into the Defense or Tactics trait lines.

But, what I really want to know, is do you think it should have an added mechanic or do something a little different than what it currently does now.
I’ve ran it with a pure CC-confusion build in Pvp with hammer and mace/shield using Carrion amulet and I used healing surge+restorative strength. It worked pretty well (I was in Solo-queue for the most part)

What would you like to see changed or added or what do you think of the trait in general? Im pretty sure there may have been a thread or two discussing this though

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

The trait honestly doesn’t belong in the Strength tree at all. On the surface, it doesn’t seem like a bad trait at all but Warriors have better condition removal options so getting this trait couldn’t really be justified.

The most popular heals at the moment are healing signet and healing surge. You’d be a fool to forgo regen for a partial condition cleanse. And 30 seconds on healing surge is just too much of a cooldown. I can see it however having great synergy with mending, but it is such an underutilized heal.

I think they should just completely redesign the trait so that it would make sense for it to be in the strength tree.

Maybe something like gain 3-5 stacks of might for 10 seconds whenever chilled, immobilized, crippled (15 second cooldown).

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Glass builds can’t affort to go into defense line so this trait is actually helpful for em. And lets face it, outside of that str adept is worthless

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

I agree with u killah. But I see healing signet and mending working better in Pve because of all the OP runes/sigils/food giving insta 25 might

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Glass builds can’t affort to go into defense line so this trait is actually helpful for em. And lets face it, outside of that str adept is worthless

Ever tried deffing close on skyhammer with death from above?
Thought so :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Stability says hi.

Edit: Restorative strength, along with many other traits, is just odd, and oddly placed in the trait trees.

(edited by Dand.8231)

in Warrior

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Stability says hi.

Edit: Restorative strength, along with many other traits, is just odd, and oddly placed in the trait trees.

Wanna see you use stability when you don’t see an enemy around just for the slight chance someone jumps on you with a launch powerful enough to send you off the platform through a trait that literally nobody is using in spvp.
Plus that thing goes through blocks. I’ve taken out enough top 50 players with that neat little trick and it works almost all of the time.

OT: i used restorative strenght when warriors didn’t have cleansing ire, in conjunction with mending. worked pretty well in wvw but the heal was not much and since cleansing ire is kind of mandatory the trait seems a bit redundant, especially with
our only viable heal being passive.

(edited by Crovax.7854)

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Stability says hi.

Wanna see you use stability when you don’t see an enemy around just for the slight chance someone jumps on you with a launch powerful enough to send you off the platform through a trait that literally nobody is using in spvp.
Plus that thing goes through blocks. I’ve taken out enough top 50 players with that neat little trick and it works almost all of the time.

OT: i used restorative strenght when warriors didn’t have cleansing ire, in conjunction with mending. worked pretty well in wvw but the heal was not much and since cleansing ire is kind of mandatory the trait seems a bit redundant, especially with
our only viable heal being passive.

I would never be caught off guard by that since i am using it myselfWhat would a warrior do on top of a cap point in skyhammer hmm hard guess.Not true nobody uses it but is true that very few do because investing into strenght is not cheese fotm and they won’t be able to get carried.

I personally disagree to be honest.Strenght tree is probably the hardest tree to choose from ,so many viable traits between adept and master.You basicly have choices for every kind of build on those traits and all are usefull.Grandmaster are lacking though since one either promotes not using burst wich is counterproductive for the classmechani, or simply useless(berserker’s might).

(edited by mini.6018)