Zero reason to take spellbreaker

in Warrior

Posted by: Juular.4729

Juular.4729

what reason do u have to run spellbreaker?, also what does this class bring to the table than other classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: GhandiBot.6257

GhandiBot.6257

Only thing I can think of is the aoe boon strips and reveals for pvp. Other than that, a vanilla power warrior who goes into Strength, Defence and Discipline with Might Makes Right is better. Puts out a lot more pressure than Spellbreaker.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Only thing I can think of is the aoe boon strips and reveals for pvp. Other than that, a vanilla power warrior who goes into Strength, Defence and Discipline with Might Makes Right is better. Puts out a lot more pressure than Spellbreaker.

To be honest, boons are so quick/easy to reapply that boon strip as a mechanic isn’t that impressive. Other classes already do it better while also bringing more to the table.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

why take spell breaker when you have scourge with sand sade aoes and elite converts every boon to condition

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

why take spell breaker when you have scourge with sand sade aoes and elite converts every boon to condition

100% this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tinnel.4369

Tinnel.4369

For high resistance uptime, condi clearing, the ability to toss condis right back in their face, superior cc, boon ripping, and general ass whoopery.

I seriously think the majority of you are playing a totally different game/have invested absolutely zero time in understanding what you’ve been given.

in Warrior

lighter.2708

For high resistance uptime, condi clearing, the ability to toss condis right back in their face, superior cc, boon ripping, and general ass whoopery.

except high resistance uptime which can be easily stripped because everybody is running boon strip sigil now

condi clearing..? what SB has high condi clearing?..1 level burst = good condi clear lol

ability to toss condition…necro

super CC – necro

boon ripping – necro, converts to condition too

general off ass whoppery by necro

i think you are playing pve hunting white mobs and butterflies that’s right we are not playing the same gamee

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I seriously think the majority of you are playing a totally different game/have invested absolutely zero time in understanding what you’ve been given.

Yeah man like Lighter said, SB doesnt do much that other classes do better while having other great utility/damage.

You get level 1 bursts with a weapon set where you give up mobility and damage for a very low amount of utility. The 2nd line of traits feel weak compared to the first line and other classes 2nd trait lines. Condi still puts you in the dirt. New heal is nice but can only do so much. Fleetfoot is good and resonable. Boon stripping is there but using d/d means you give up way too much. Mace/shield do better at removing boons while giving you way more utility.

Sight beyond sight sucks, along with the taunt and aoe boon removal utility. I could see no reason to take these 3 in their current state when you can take more useful utilities. The elites cast time is so long that by the time it finishes you have taken too much damage.

At the current state core warrior and zerker straight up outshine spellbreaker. Theres 0 reason to take spellbreaker unless you want to give up a lot to have some boonremoval, access to a weak weapon set compared to current weapons, below average utility skills, an elite that needs a faster cast time to be useful, and a trait line that only works if you can decently remove boons. Magebane tether is great but i dont see my self replacing a useful trailine for it.

Also this is just for wvw/pvp alone. In pvp it has nice uses i wont seny that but in wvw it is so not worth using. In pve we already know it does less compared to core war/zerker.

Just feels like another year of war getting trolled.

(edited by Mosharn.8357)

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

Resistance isnt very effective against a necro who can just instantly turn it into another condition. Also, what condi clearing did SB bring?

in Warrior

Tinnel.4369

I’m running d/a gs with disc, str/def, sb with healing signet, zerk stance, stomp, bulls charge, and SoR roaming WvW and doing just fine success and fun wise. Certainly a lot of people are caught off guard cause they have zero clue how to deal with the class yet, but the damage and sustain are very real.

If you’re convinced otherwise based on I don’t know what then that’s great, but it works and works well and we’re definitely back in the zerg.

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

even a guard can reapply boons faster than you gona strip them…

in Warrior

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I like some of the theory behind Spellbreaker, but it seems too much based on boon corruption for the enemies currently in the game. They need to provide more alternative benefits when fighting enemies with no boons on them.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackwaltz.7156

Blackwaltz.7156

I sorta feel if they make all the “remove a boon” effects into convert them into conditions SB will still have some issues, regardless of how OP it seems.

in Warrior

Posted by: ohericoseo.4316

ohericoseo.4316

So far this is what I can see….
Healing from a offhand that you don’t hit with much. Boon strip that a few heralds can counter by applying boons faster then stripped. Damage problems.

1. Take sun and moon style OUT. Having the heal on the offhand only makes it horrible.’

2. Make a trait that heals for a percent of reflected dmg from full counter and the dagger #5. Make it weaker than scouge’s condi healing and daredevils crit healing to balence it with might makes right.

3. Change the boon strip. Make it so when you strip a boon you debuff the target so as to make it so they cant re apply the boon you stripped for 3 seconds. This is because you can strip them but all you need is 2 heralds near by and……. you have no chance of stripping them faster then they are applied. This makes the core mechanic totally pointless.

4. This then makes the ulti skill bubble kinda not worth it. So make a simple ulti. Make it so the bubble causes a ticking dmg to those in it with boons. Per stack of each boon they take stacking dmg based off your vitality. This is not a stat dmg heavy people stack so it can help to balance and not have tons of glass cannons spam it. This makes you decide if you actually want to strip the boons or punish in a different way. Adding another mechanic to play with. Since your mainly boon stripping this makes you have to sacrifice denial of boons for a time to get the most out of the ulti. Giving others in pvp a chance to counter and kill you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

While I agree with the Healing portion of Sun and Moon being weak the main hand ability is strong. Quickness every 5s is very possible depending on the build a person is facing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

Guard doese every thing 10 time better than SpellBreaker
More raw dmg + easy 4k 5k Ticks of bleed and burning…… AND STILL, HITS HARDER WITH RAW POWER DMG THAN SPELLBREAKER….
GUARD HAS UTILITY BEYONG IMAGINATION HEALING BUBBLES STABILITY

…….

in Warrior

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

More raw dmg + easy 4k 5k Ticks of bleed and burning…… AND STILL, HITS HARDER WITH RAW POWER DMG THAN SPELLBREAKER….

…….

Funny I was just in their forums and no one thinks this. But every class thinks their elite is crap right now. Let’s all be honest these sub forums are pretty bad to get any genuine sense or feedback it’s all toxic say for some you have to search hard for actual coherent feedback. Not that I’m being much help w/ my comments, I do agree with a lot of what others said above, but also people are too easily dismissive tbh there’s zero reason to take any class except maybe holosmith or scourge but go to scourge forums and you see ppl saying all bad things too. Metas easily change, it’s hard to say what will be worth taking or not based on a beta weekend – right now we should let the devs know there’s a lot of work to be done for every elite class.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Warrior

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Because spellbreaker with revenge counter kittens scourge up?

Ditch offhand dagger and run shield. run disc, str, spellbreaker. I tried running it as pure defense, and it’s terrible with SB. need to play an active play style.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

What does a Warrior bring? Thank you for the perfect reason to use the below image.

Attachments:

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Warrior

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

…….

guardian have just for fun taunt on 4s cd and he can use it 8x in row,yee mega ballanced and 2 years of development,also that protective bubble 8x in row…. again,guard have it all to sustain whole team,clean condi,deal dmg and war have….. 2 daggers… hurray.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Funny I was just in their forums and no one thinks this. But every class thinks their elite is crap right now.

You’re not the first to notice it, and it’s pretty funny. Might even be an indication that the new elites are already balanced.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

lighter.2708

Ditch offhand dagger and run shield. run disc, str, spellbreaker. I tried running it as pure defense, and it’s terrible with SB. need to play an active play style.

And? still not worth the DPS slot of a team comp, the only role a warrior has a chance to compete in a team comp is tanky on point brawler/disrupt/support, but there’s scrapper, tempest lol

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Because you 100% need a ele support with a scourge/reaper to be effective it’s really literally the only reason necro is viable in team fights. Otherwise, he would be useless and die way too fast even with barrier.

Warrior doesn’t rely on an ele support , although they would obviously benefit from one.

Also, with resistance uptime and proper ccing you should not lose against a scourge especially in a 1v1 , you’re literally built to counter condi scourge.

Tanbin

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Funny I was just in their forums and no one thinks this. But every class thinks their elite is crap right now.

You’re not the first to notice it, and it’s pretty funny. Might even be an indication that the new elites are already balanced.

Or that several of them are trash. I guess trash is balanced against trash, but against the core or previous elite spec most of them are crappy.

Weaver is worse than Tempest
Spellbreaker is worse than core AND berserker
Firebrand is worse than core AND Dragonhunter

The only ones I’ve seen that are different/powerful enough to be upgrades are Scourge and Holosmith.

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Spellbreaker feels fairly balanced for small scale pvp and 1v1. Damage application is more spread out, and often easier to apply due to unblockable, burst combos, etc. This translates to certain players having a hard time reconciling the playstyle difference, and those calling it bad just chucking skills into invulns.

That being said, it’s damage could use a small boost.

It was particularly fun to roam against all the condi aids in WvW. Nothing better than full countering 25 something bleed stacks onto people in a 3v1. Great ways of dealing with Condi, which in and of itself is incredibly strong. (Run Revenge Counter while you can, I can see the tears causing a nerf shortly after release from the braindead masses who will attack your orange sphere). To be fair though, this game is hilariously easy to proc counters off with the limitless aoe spam and pulsing nonsense even if people can read your counter timing.

Specific to taking this spec in conquest…. I think it’s hard to gauge. It will certainly be viable for solo queue and work up into higher levels in good hands. I feel like it fits a little too comfortably right now (seems balanced almost), and once people start figuring out the capacities of other professions, it will fall behind.

in Warrior

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Warrior will continue a joke with spellbraker.

Raids: Ele, Mesmers, Rangers/Druids, everything will mock ur DPS.
High Level fractals: same as above. all that “counter” stuff dont bring anything new, expect being carried cuz the survivability is a jocke too.
WvW: everything shine except warrior. even full zerker scrappers mock at it.

But the last option – “I just want to parade with cool look at Open World Pve”: Not even that, the general consensus is that the looks of the new elite seems like a last-minute thing. Dagger #1 is the same as Thiev with yellow glows. Why get the warrior to look “big bad guy” when you have DeadEye or Reaper?

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

in Warrior

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

High Level fractals: same as above. all that “counter” stuff dont bring anything new, expect being carried cuz the survivability is a jocke too.

But the last option – “I just want to parade with cool look at Open World Pve”: Not even that, the general consensus is that the looks of the new elite seems like a last-minute thing. Dagger #1 is the same as Thiev with yellow glows. Why get the warrior to look “big bad guy” when you have DeadEye or Reaper?

+1 troll , but could be alot better

Tanbin

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Core Warrior is Amazing Right now in WvW for roaming.
And SpellBreaker was Really good in Zerging , think theres a video of some dude in BORP zerg busting with it.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Are we talking wvw or PvP? Cause in PvP spellbreaker is looking pretty solid if played right

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Tinnel.4369

Spellbreaker looks great in WvW (roam and zerg) and PvP. These voices pushing it down with, “I’m high level competition or I’ve played it since XXX and thus know exactly what I’m talking about.” Or, “I have an even more elevated view of balancing and the associated challenges then ANet and can thus demand that my opinions (not facts) concerning their motives and shortcomings are valid by using big words.” Really mean they watch videos of high level competition and skirt the far periphery of that community and have had a warrior sitting on their account since XXX and that they’re now aboard the troll wagon of perceived disappointment and lashing out at ANet seems fitting.

They’re the same voices that once the rest of the community figures out the builds that work will go happily play them and sing the specializations praises and comment on the high level competitors videos about how they’ve always wanted to love that class and now they see how they can and can they please have the build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Also, with resistance uptime and proper ccing you should not lose against a scourge especially in a 1v1 , you’re literally built to counter condi scourge.

I found this hilarious and depressing too every time I read it too on Reddit, but just because you fought a few scourges too bad or unfamiliar with the class to realize that they are capable of corrupting 2 boons on a 4s with path of corruption doesn’t make spellbreaker counter scourge. It’s actually the complete opposite as their corrupts are on a FAR lower Cooldown than your resistance.

“Shroud skill 2 corrupts 2 boons”
Scourge’s f2 is “Your sand shades cleanse 2 conditions to allies in them, 4s cd” and is the cheapest costing skill on their bar.
By the way, since it isn’t obvious, the scourge himself counts as a shade for his f-skills.

(edited by Jzaku.9765)

in Warrior

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Pfft. I think that soulbeast is awesome.

It made ranger Greatsword /awesome/

in Warrior

Posted by: Stinson.3420

Stinson.3420

Its really fun to me read how people said scourge is better than sb removing boons and all that kitten, but i dont know if they aren’t notice about sb is already a scourge hunter same for any condi spec

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Its really fun to me read how people said scourge is better than sb removing boons and all that kitten, but i dont know if they aren’t notice about sb is already a scourge hunter same for any condi spec

Well, as long as you don’t stand in the Giant Shade.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

So walking into a fight and mass AoE dazing everyone while avoiding their damage isn’t a good enough reason? Oh, and there’s also the condition copying among other the billion other things that Full Counter can do.

in Warrior

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

how can anyone really get a feel for these elite classes with just 1 weekend of playtime? I mean, i played scourge quite a bit, and was rocking with it, but alot of my success (and maybe even most) was due to other people either not having a clue what a scourge does, or they were on a elite class where they were testing stuff out on.

Once this goes live and people get to play with this more only then can we have an informed opinion on these specs.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

And? still not worth the DPS slot of a team comp, the only role a warrior has a chance to compete in a team comp is tanky on point brawler/disrupt/support, but there’s scrapper, tempest lol

this is the crux of the issue. currently spellbreaker is just a worse DPS pick than holosmith. no argument at all.

so it’s got to have a niche. that should be boon hate. but ah, firebrand is a bit to bad right now. if it was meta support then spellbreaker would counter it, & then be a useful pick.

as it stands, im thinkin: Tempest, DD, Chrono, Scourge, Holosmith
maybe substitute chrono for scrapper or druid, but i think you’ll want the moa. but yeah, currently holosmith is just a far better power build than spellbreaker.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria