any advice on making a ranged warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: vincentvfx.1794

vincentvfx.1794

hey all,

i have been trying the ranger out, but pet seems not so great on the a.i., various issues. i wanted to get away from having a pet altogether, so i was thinking of a ranged focus warrior. so far i have noticed that the longbow is very weak, but it does have some aoe. the rifle hits harder but has no aoe. i have only played him to level 10, so not a real expert at all.
any advice about how to play a warrior that is focused on ranged attacks? traits? ideas? anything? thanks all for any advice.

in Warrior

Posted by: hype r.5431

hype r.5431

Well I would start with finding a longbow or a rifle, after that not too sure since I play a melee warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: vincentvfx.1794

vincentvfx.1794

lol ty for the advice. anybody have any ideas on traits, utilities, etc? i would stay with the ranger but the pet a.i. is just really starting to drive me nuts.

in Warrior

Posted by: sooty.9014

sooty.9014

Warrior Arms line with Rifle works well. 50% bleed duration with 10% extra damage to targets and +condition damage with pierce

very fluid spec.
9sec autoattack bleeds that pierce and stack and give you +10% damage. Not to mention it has a moving channel spell in volley which is nice burst, one of the best cripples in the game, a knockback, a vulnerability and a high burst adrenaline skill with long range.

Its everything you wanted in one line really.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Longbow is exceptionally good in a team environment. Burning damage can crit and arcing shot can consistently crit for 4-7k every 10 seconds.

Adds great randomness to your teams dmg output (I’d run it longbow / axe-horn)

However, rifle is also strong in single target dmg and you’ll start a FAR greater chance in a 1v1 situation with a rifle.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

I second that. This is the build I’m going for:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQNBjOD7k0hkHbeQKImIDA4DapZA3dpHkxWaA

in Warrior

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

This is what I roll with.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQNBMhNaE0J5t3xGCHOAgeYVWbdUk0SJFnxGA

This is for the sole purpose of being exceedingly durable, while maintaining ranged damage. I focus on Toughness, Condition damage, Precision items, and use %chance on crit bleed sigils on my weapons. This is neat with Longbow, since each individual arrow when firing two has it’s own crit chance.

For Great Justice
and the two immobilizes with this skill set ensure you can maintain a healthy crit chance, and stay damaging the enemy.

Banner can be swapped with Signet as needed

Signet of fury allows you to maintain your burn duration, and Frenzy allows you to rip apart any relatively squishy target extremely fast.

I try to juggle between ranged and melee, depending on what the enemy is doing. Specifically, the fact you have tons of condition removal with that warhorn.

Hope this has helped a little.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in Warrior

Posted by: Talavah.4193

Talavah.4193

When using a longbow, I find myself rushing through the skills to get back to the other weapon.

The fire is a utility to be utilized by combo effects.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

Longbow is exceptionally good in a team environment. Burning damage can crit and arcing shot can consistently crit for 4-7k every 10 seconds.

However, rifle is also strong in single target dmg and you’ll start a FAR greater chance in a 1v1 situation with a rifle.

Pretty sure Burning, along with any condition based damge, can’t crit at all. News to me if Burning is special.