autoattack#revenant sword vs warrior axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

REVENANT main hand sword:
Preparation Thrust
Stab your foe with your sword inflicting vulnerability.

Damage Damage: 293 (0.8)?
Damage and condition damage taken are increased; stacks intensity. Vulnerability (6s): 1% Incoming Damage, 1% Incoming Condition Damage
Range.png Range: 130

WARRIOR main hand axe:

Chop
Chop your foe.

Damage Damage: 252 (0.7)?
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 3

Thats what warriors are dealing with……..Balance is bull kitten in this game…

in Warrior

Posted by: FatRaKoon.1782

FatRaKoon.1782

While I agree on saying that Revenant DPS is insane (especially risk/reward -wise), what you try to demonstrate here is far from accurate.

How can you compare autoattacks DPS between warrior and revenant when you don’t take the full AA chain into account (as well as the time it takes to perform) ? Just the first strike is irrelevant.

in Warrior

Romgaard.1965

ok..
well Revenant AA chain ( sword) is superior to warrior AA ( axe):
brutal Blade:

Send your blade outward damaging foes and inflicting vulnerability. When it reaches its end point the blade will return to you.

Damage Damage: 183 (0.5)?
Damage and condition damage taken are increased; stacks intensity.2 Vulnerability (6s): 2% Incoming Damage, 2% Incoming Condition Damage
Radius.png Radius: 450

Rift slash:

Slash foes, creating a rift on them that explodes for additional damage after a short delay.

Damage Damage: 330 (0.9)?
Damage Rift Damage: 110 (0.3)?
Miscellaneous effect.png Number of Targets: 3
Duration.png Duration: 1s
Radius.png Radius: 180

Range.png Range: 450

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

just gonna state the obvious.

If rev sword was weaker than warrior axe, rev would be in a TERRIBLE place.

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

if any of those get (further) nerfed ever, Rev is done

in Warrior

Romgaard.1965

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
warrior axe is suppose the be pure and raw damage, has nothing els going for it….so why is it weaker than the rev sword
?

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Imagine Sword 2 being single target, doing 1k damage on crit and applying cripple instead of chill and Sword 3 doing 1.5k damage on crit and applying 4 vuln instead of giving you 7 might and evading.

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
warrior axe is suppose the be pure and raw damage, has nothing els going for it….so why is it weaker than the rev sword
?

because warrior “is” based around Fast hands. Warrior is a weapons master, and also has the burst of Eviscerate. Warrior can switch between Axe/GS and maintain its dps. Rev has no other power based melee weapon, just sword

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Warrior isn’t based around fast hand though. At least thats what ANET thinks and it’s why it isn’t base line.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Romgaard.1965

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
?

because warrior “is” based around Fast hands. Warrior is a weapons master, and also has the burst of Eviscerate. Warrior can switch between Axe/GS and maintain its dps. Rev has no other power based melee weapon, just sword

so we get “fast hands” as baseline now???….well thank you for that, didnt know you were a dev……..
Just face it….there are no valid argument as why rev sword should be more powerfull that warrior axe AND inflict vulnerability and rift at the same time

in Warrior

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

Where revs pull ahead is with the damage modifiers and the quickness in Shiro. They have some of the same modifiers from thief/ele.

Honestly when throwing my rev hammer it feels like I am throwing ranged eviscerates. There is no balance which I why I play my Rev and not my warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
?

Lel, sure meanwhile 2-4k hammer auto ranged crits, wont even mention other hammer attacks ¯\(>.>)

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Not only are Revenant attacks stronger, they can channel quickness on demand for absurd lengths of time (Impossible Odds). Plus they get extra might, on demand, when traited (Nefarious Momentum).

Warrior looks pretty meek in comparison.

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Rev could also teach Warrior a couple of Hammer tricks.

Coalescence of Ruin on 2 seconds cooldown. That skill is almost as good as Hammer Shock, lol.

Drop the hammer, 5 target 1200 range AoE KD on 15 seconds cooldown,
Backbreaker single target, melee range, 30s cooldown.
lol

I’m sure someone will say “Heeey but the cast time!!!”. Oh please shut up, will ya?!

And I won’t even go into the ability of stacking various buffs for your party etc,…

Let’s everyone just delete our warriors and be done with this…

(edited by samo.1054)

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
?

so we get “fast hands” as baseline now???….well thank you for that, didnt know you were a dev……..
Just face it….there are no valid argument as why rev sword should be more powerfull that warrior axe AND inflict vulnerability and rift at the same time

Not at all, but you dont get phalanx strength baseline either but every warrior runs is because we have been might bots forever.

face it

in Warrior

Azure.8670

Rev could also teach Warrior a couple of Hammer tricks.

Coalescence of Ruin on 2 seconds cooldown. That skill is almost as good as Hammer Shock, lol.

Drop the hammer, 5 target 1200 range AoE KD on 15 seconds cooldown,
Backbreaker single target, melee range, 30s cooldown.
lol

I’m sure someone will say “Heeey but the cast time!!!”. Oh please shut up, will ya?!

And I won’t even go into the ability of stacking various buffs for your party etc,…

Let’s everyone just delete our warriors and be done with this…

This I completely agree with. Revs hammer is amazing. I want to say its absurd, but I dont think it is. Warrior hammer is just complete garbage and Rev is doing it right. However if they toned down the damage on rev hammer 2 I wouldnt mind at all.

Off topic, DH longbow hits like a truck too

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

warrior is looking terribly simple and lacklustre in the face of these elite specs, and rev. it’s just so limited and basic.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

warrior is looking terribly simple and lacklustre in the face of these elite specs, and rev. it’s just so limited and basic.

I noticed that all game developers share this wrong idea about Warrior. The fact that they don’t use any kind of magic, obviously makes developers think that their skills should be dull, ineffective,nothing special. Just some guy swinging a really large hammer and shouting nonsense while he does it.

Everyone else is using magic, so they can do all kinds of awesome things… Even thiefs get a supernice bullet that makes them shadowstep and blind their foe, but warrior gets a bunch of glitchy charge skills, that never hit a moving target. Sometimes they even end up missing a standing target, lol.

As a warrior I dreamed about getting some skills that were basically given to Revenant just now… Too fancy for Warrior i guess.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

I’m not sure about revenant, and i do think warriors are under powered right now, but i think its worth considering that as a warrior you can EVISCERATE, then swap to hammer and back-breaker combo player IMMEDIATELY! Wearing warrior runes i have performed in the past, EVISCERATE, SWAP, BACK-BREAKER COMBO, SWAP, SHIELD BASH, EVISCERATE. and never once use my auto attack.

The warrior’s weapons are designed with adrenaline and weapon swaps in mind. I’m not sure but I believe Eviscerate is still the most damaging single strike attack in the game. The problem with warrior is not that is it has weak weapons, it is that the warrior’s traits been changed in such a way that they no longer synergize properly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Warrior axe autoattack is extremely backloaded. You’re looking at the first autoattack. Triple chop has a 2.9 power coefficient. Evicerate has 3 at max adrenaline. Guy, please.

(edited by Xhyros.1340)

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Warrior axe autoattack is extremely backloaded. You’re looking at the first autoattack. Triple chop has a 2.9 power coefficient. Evicerate has 3 at max adrenaline. Guy, please.

Revenant sword auto is also extremely backloaded, being fair. Not saying I agree with this thesis, since it should be auto attack chain total coefficients divided by time to complete as the only relevant comparison.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Sword AA
Hammer
Glint heal

Why is that obvious??
?

You cant compare war axe to rev sword. Warrior has tons of ways of doing dmg where rev currently needs sword to do dmg in melee. Don’t make the ‘’my class needs to be a special snowflake’’ argument. I’ve played warrior for 6k hours and I can tell you that comparing axe to rev sword is a stupid argument. War has a lot of multipliers to dmg and can easily out burst a rev. Ive been playing rev since BWE2 and it takes all the resources a rev has to be able to burst.

Wars just have to hit stuff and do dmg and not worry about much but keeping defensive cooldowns in check. Where rev has to make sure to upkeep certain things to boost certain aspects all while managing cooldowns and energy. ON TOP OF THAT, rev also needs to keep its active dmg boosters going and switching between them. UA dies in dmg outside of a 1v1 and the only burst you can actually say rev has is sword auto after a UA to stack might. Unless you use shiro’s quickness you aren’t going to be throwing out mad deeps like warrior can.

So please do not compare them. There is literally no similarity.