axe/axe builds in explorables?

in Warrior

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
Are axe/axe builds “decent” in explorable? Its the only weapon set that I truly like. I’ll probably end up equipping a rifle or something for those ranged ocassions, but for the most part I want to stick with axe/axe.

I know it provides little utility to the group, but considering the game design if these types of non-utility/non-support builds were not meant to run dungeons, why are they in the game?

I am currently set up to regen HP based on adrenalin and unused signets…loving it.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Stick to it, Whirling Axe might get buffed. I mean if ANET cares they would buff that skill…

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

If they buff axe 5 then sure.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I personally prefer axe/mace for both wvw and explorables.

in Warrior

Posted by: dylanhamada.2761

dylanhamada.2761

I just switched my level 3x warrior from sword/shield to axe/axe and I take enemies down more quickly. It’s not possible to tank with it but use a rifle to thin down bigger groups and build adrenaline, then wade in with For Great Justice, Whirling Axe, and you’ll finish off most groups at your level. Then you have 1 Eviscerate lined up to finish a straggler. You might also wanna try a longbow for the greater aoe and burning to damage mobs before they get in close.

I haven’t tried this yet but you can probably also equip Frenzy and Endure Pain to really mow through them quickly. I’m not sure if stances can stack (not in-game atm) but if they can this would be perfect.

I haven’t gotten enough traits to see what lines would work best, but my guess is placing most in power and precision would do the trick.

Good luck!

(edited by dylanhamada.2761)

in Warrior

Posted by: Soeki.9643

Soeki.9643

I used an axe/axe build in explorable dungeons for a while, with full berserk gear with soldier runes for some extra defense and condition removal with shouts. Utilities were FGJ, SIO and signet of stamina (dodging is a really neat way to avoid damage as a glass cannon). Healing skill was healing surge, elite was signet of rage. I’ve dealt very heavy damage, and rarely ever died (if your group got 1-2 people focusing on support it’s easy to stay alive). Just need to dodge at the right time and know when to retreat and go ranged. If you like axes go for it, it’s definitely viable.

Edit: Put the build together if anyone is interested in it
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIUQNAnXUjcONvJPCPMxBCzjiEkhceQlkQeVh2A;ToAg0UZZySklNLXWysWEMgYGB
(copy paste it, gw2 doesn’t like it)

(edited by Soeki.9643)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Axe/Axe is fun (also more kitten-looking that Greatsword if you ask me!). Shame the Axe trait isn’t as nice as Forceful Greatsword, but what the heck… if you like it, go for it!

The F1 for Axe is definitely heaps better than F1 for Greatsword (anyone even bother to use it?). In fact, Axe F1 is one of my favourites.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Despite F1’s awesomeness you’re still not encouraged to use it in most (all) builds that involve axe/axe.

With axe/axe you’re going to want to be taking the traits that give both crit and damage as you get more adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Axe 4 does moderate damage and gives fury, which you already have as perma buff due to FGJ and SoR.Axe 5 does damage to 5 targets instead of just 3, but it’s damage is such a joke, that it’s only real use is to get a fast adren refill(which is super fast with axe traits to begin with) or to tag mobs quickly in Orr farm events.

So it other words, axe/axe is extremely weak atm.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I’m sure it’s plenty viable. The adrenaline skill get’s the 12% damage boost from the trait, and then you can use Whirling Axe to get all that adrenaline back pretty quick. With For Great Justice and Dual Strike you have plenty of Fury. You can bring something more helpful to the group like Battle Standard as your Elite.

The damage from Whirling Axe isn’t outstanding but you can dodge while using it, combined with the 5 point trait that damages at the end of the dodge roll it’s a nice combo to be a bit defensive while doing some damage

I say play what you like and try to make it as good as possible

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

OP asked if axe/axe builds are decent in dungeons.They’re not.Now, if you like playing with those weapons, sure, go ahead and have fun since that’s what’s important.
But compare axe/axe to axe/anything atm, and you’ll get a lot more from the other weapon combinations.

@Grok Krog re-read my previous post.Just that.If you take berserker’s power(adren=12% dmg) then axe auto attacks do more overall damage than eviscerate(proven by a few forum’ers iirc) and when you take discipline 10 trait for adren=9% crit, eviscerate being used is just a big damage loss…

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

The main problem is that no weapon-specific trait comes near the awesomeness of Forceful Greatsword…

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

Oglaf thats why I think they should rename it to forceful Blades or something like that and let it work with all weaponsets.

in Warrior

Posted by: lleon.3981

lleon.3981

Hi.
I used to play GS/ Rifle build in most exps and also in pvp and www but few days ago bought two crit axes,just to try them( cause they were quite great in leveling) .
First run was not so welcoming ,BUT after i bought nourishment for 40% health steal per crit it just went unbelieveble well. As i have 48 crit chance plus 12% for 3 stacks of adrenaline i have asurvivability of a tank. I must admit that axe/ axe gives a good challenge to GS in dps.The tactics are just hilariously easy; all you have to do is just use all buttons Except F1 ( really no point in it, itjust slows you( all your main damage is going out your auto attacks) Also a vital skills appears to be The shout which giveslus 20% crit and also frenzy even despite of increase of incoming damage.
So i recomend everyone to try this build,but i dont really know about the second weapon,as for me its the matter of choise,i personally prefer rifle.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Hi.
I used to play GS/ Rifle build in most exps and also in pvp and www but few days ago bought two crit axes,just to try them( cause they were quite great in leveling) .
First run was not so welcoming ,BUT after i bought nourishment for 40% health steal per crit it just went unbelieveble well. As i have 48 crit chance plus 12% for 3 stacks of adrenaline i have asurvivability of a tank. I must admit that axe/ axe gives a good challenge to GS in dps.The tactics are just hilariously easy; all you have to do is just use all buttons Except F1 ( really no point in it, itjust slows you( all your main damage is going out your auto attacks) Also a vital skills appears to be The shout which giveslus 20% crit and also frenzy even despite of increase of incoming damage.
So i recomend everyone to try this build,but i dont really know about the second weapon,as for me its the matter of choise,i personally prefer rifle.

Due to the way Forceful Greatsword works, a Greatsword build will always be superior to an Axe build.

Sadly…

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

Hi.

Due to the way Forceful Greatsword works, a Greatsword build will always be superior to an Axe build.

Sadly…

but axes have the 2 sigil advantage, burst spam with Furious (trait), and faster auto-attack.