axe/off-hand what's your preferences?

in Warrior

Posted by: Taras.4578

Taras.4578

As i always run with Greatsword, axe/axe i have recently gotten bashed with running an off-hand axe in dungeons/fractals recently. Is there a specific reason why people decides to “hate” on warriors with off-hand axe? The whirlwind attack deals roughly 15k on crit with decent might stack on. Which isn’t that bad ofcourse. As it’s able to tag 15mobs in one usage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

because there are better choices such as offhand mace or offhand warhorn, but that should not deter you from using offhand axe because that’s not going to be the deciding factor when you have to beat the dungeon.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Yes axe 5 can do decent dmg, but its channeled over like 3 1/2 seconds so its actually worse DPS than just axe auto, even with 5 targets vs 3 targets

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yes axe 5 can do decent dmg, but its channeled over like 3 1/2 seconds so its actually worse DPS than just axe auto, even with 5 targets vs 3 targets

You are right and wrong.

1) The axe auto-attack do about 60% more DPS than the skill 5 against 1, 2 or 3 mobs.
2) If you can attack 4 mobs (the axe auto-attack is limited to 3 targets) then the axe auto-attack will still do in total about 20% more DPS than the skill 5.
3) If you can attack 5 mobs at the same time, then the skill 5 of the off hand axe will do 5% more DPS than the auto-attack.

So the off hand axe is only worth to use when you can attack 5 targets. Otherwise you are better with the auto-attack. But even if you can attack 5 targets the increase of DPS is mininal and there is pretty much no situation when you are better with the off Hand axe. The only place i use it is during the Magg protection phase in CoF path 2.

In the end, off hand axe is broken and you are way better with a mace or a warhorn. That said, you can still use it if you want, its not that big of a deal, but some ppl are Jerks. So some ppl may call you a noob for using that weapon.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Thaddeus.4891:

In the end, off hand axe is broken and you are way better with a mace or a warhorn. That said, you can still use it if you want, its not that big of a deal, but some ppl are Jerks. So some ppl may call you a noob for using that weapon.

I’m a jerk and I would use it if it were good. So I don’t use it. Now that OP know its not good will OP still use it? Thats OP decision. I don’t use things that I know are not good. Up to OP to be noob or not.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

u can dodge while using axe 5 -free dps/adrenaline recharge

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

in Warrior

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

My OH preference changes. I’m trying out sword and it seems to work well. Similar to mace with long cooldowns, but better damage thru conditions and a block for trash mob skips. Also easier to trait as most mace traits are for weakened or some other condi that Oh mace does not provide. Also, many bosses are immune to the knockdown that makes OH mace palatable.

I also recommend shield. It’s easy to trait for (either an extra 90 toughness, or reflect missile attacks), it provides passive defense untraited, it has an interrupt/stun, and can block for skips. Cooldowns are short when traited (shield master). It’s not a dps weapon but still a great roaming, pvp and lvling up weapon IMO.

in Warrior

Posted by: Impact Blue.5864

Impact Blue.5864

As a WvW player I find off hand axe the best weapon for zerg busting…combo-ed with Guardian GS pull = Lots of loot bags

=)

Impaçt Blûe [RI]
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

People are commenting about the axe #5 being weak in comparison to the Axe Auto attack, not factoring in that it gives added dps/utility depending on the combo field it’s used on as it’s a whirl finisher.

Honestly, don’t worry about “what’s best” just go with what you enjoy.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

I use axe #5 for gvg fights to up my adrenaline and use eviscerate on someone to down them. Axe 5 is also good to use when the other team is trying to get their downed player up. I got 3 people down at the same time while doing it in one gvg fight. It works well if you time it right. I also use a rifle and whenever I see someone in low health, I switch weapons and and use killshot or volley. My commander hates me when I use my axes lol But they’re much funner than a hammer. Hammers are just way too slow for me.

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

People are commenting about the axe #5 being weak in comparison to the Axe Auto attack, not factoring in that it gives added dps/utility depending on the combo field it’s used on as it’s a whirl finisher.

Oh, you’re right, we all forgot that 1 burn on 1 target from your 1 whirl finisher. Big whoop.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mastodon.2458

Mastodon.2458

Axe 5 is excellent for building up adren for another Hammer F1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

The normal intance zerker build (for the most part) is spamming axe auto + 100b freeing the off hand as more of a utility slot. That being said axe is the worst when it comes to filling that role warhorn giving sprint for in between pulls, mace giving aoe KD and sword giving a block. That being said the only time I would bother with using optimized builds is when your grouping in speed clears and that’s only because is rude to use a homebrew build hindering other people. In the end though you play how you want since its a game and its meant to be fun, something too many people tend to forget.

Anet give us new skills!

in Warrior

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Oh, you’re right, we all forgot that 1 burn on 1 target from your 1 whirl finisher. Big whoop.

Wasn’t aware that burn was the only finisher.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Wasn’t aware that burn was the only finisher.

The point is it only procs ONE whirl finisher projectile for the entire skill. You get a finisher when you press 5 and the rest of the channel is nothing. IF it actually hits something you’re only looking at a 2s regen boon on 1 guy or 1 tick of burn on 1 enemy etc.