axe-shield build help (dungeon build)

in Warrior

Posted by: MrFisticuffs.7306

MrFisticuffs.7306

hey warriors,

my fav weapon set is axe-shield and i was needing help on the traits, armor, utilites, and trinkets.

UTILITIES; i always have signet of stam and shake it off and the 3rd i switch between banners, for great justice, and on my mark

my warrior is not 80 yet but i was wanting to start workin on his gear that he will need, i do have zerker trinkets on my lvl 80 ranger that i could use, i may be using a different kind of trinket for ranger after patch not sure yet, i was trying to avoid buying 2 sets of ascended trinkets that are the exact same.

your help would be much appreciated

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

MrFisticuffs.7306

i don’t solo dungeons

in Warrior

MrFisticuffs.7306

basically what is the best build possible for axe-shield for dungeons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamayor.9403

Kamayor.9403

Axe/Mace is a far superior choice as the vulnerability stacks will win dungeons.
This is pretty much the meta axe build. Though I think the Forceful Greatsword trait is a mistake, and I would change Deep Strike to Rending Strikes.
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Pure_Axe_EA

(edited by Kamayor.9403)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I have to disagree with mace being the best choice overall.

It’s ideal against bosses in competent teams that you don’t require a block for (if you do need one, then use sword offhand), but overall warhorn is certainly better to take for trash mobs.

In many cases, it would be more beneficial to take warhorn with axe than mace, but keep in mind that to really be a good warrior you should be swapping your weapons depending on the encounter rather than keeping the same stuff equipped all of the time.

P.S. – to the OP, shield is super useful for Arah. While out of combat, you can channel a block with sword offhand and swap to shield immediately and start channeling its block before your sword’s ends, then swap immediately to warhorn during your shield’s block and you can skip trash mobs with 5-6 seconds of blocks. If you practice this, you can and will be able to skip trash without even engaging in combat most of the time.

Aside from that purpose, shield is a weak offhand in PvE overall.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

MrFisticuffs.7306

i agree with all of yawls post, i was really hoping to use shield for the LOOKS but as yawl have said there r much better ways to go