banner regen build in spvp/wvwvw?

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Hi all,
i need some advice on a banner build for sPvP and WvWvW, i never used banners in my build so i don’t know exactly what weapons to use but i was thinking about using it with a condition build with sword and longbow (or with a power build with axe/warhorn maybe?)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAscTjkOxwtPCQ4wBgLjkmSfYu0jwIbNA-w

of course it’s not finisched, what do you think? it is viable or i’m wasting my time?

thanks

norn warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

I don’t like banners due to the mobility restrictions you’re enforcing on yourself. Banners really do give nice health when attacking a fixed point, though, and in a huge zerg throwing a few banners around will help your allies without them even realizing it. For mobility purposes, consider going all-out shout build.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I wvw only. Banners are nice when your zerg is having a tough fight at a sieged up keep/tower.

Demonstration of banner potential: http://youtu.be/rqyrd-yZeZ8?t=6s

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

mah big boi andy use dis banner like it aint nuthin.

the regen? yup. he got dat!

helllllla good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Exactly what Death said. It is a great skill no doubt. You can hold down a point and be a pain to remove without siginifanct effort. However you are pinned to one spot.

Basically.. Banner = Defending..Shouts = Attacking

I don’t like banners due to the mobility restrictions you’re enforcing on yourself. Banners really do give nice health when attacking a fixed point, though, and in a huge zerg throwing a few banners around will help your allies without them even realizing it. For mobility purposes, consider going all-out shout build.

in Warrior

Heimdallr.7021

thanks all, as far as weapons goes i can choose what i prefer right?
i’m trying now axe/warhorn with quick breathning in WvW but if there’s someing better with banners let me know.

norn warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Jarek.2430

Jarek.2430

New to warrior also and running with banners. 10/0/15/30/15. I am built more for support for my guild.

I am running with hammer and greatsword at the moment. Hammer for the knockback, cripple and stun. Greatsword for skill 2 and the mobility. Fast hands (disc 15) to switch quickly between the 2.

I always run with banner of defense and begin each battle with skill 2 before switching weapons or hitting skill 5, plant banner, if field is up for the blast finisher.

PVT armor, melandru, trinkets a mixture of zerk and valk, and zerk weapons.

Solo – I run with greatsword and long bow. Switching my elite from battle banner to signet of rage.

in Warrior

Heimdallr.7021

one more question, do the regen of the banners stack? I mean, planting 2 or 3 banners i get regen bonus from each one?

thanks

norn warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

If you go banners, you want a long bow.
These two just go so well together. Banner range, longbow range, banner reg. Takes 30 trait points in one line.
Why longbow?
-Banners are for point defense, longbow excels at point defense.
-Drop a fire field with bow, then throw in all the banners for huge might stacks to start the battle.
-Banners pretty much keep you bound to a location, so having a 1200 range attack is great. You don’t want to be the one who has fallen into the arctic ocean and has the choice between going out of the water and dying within 5 seconds or staying in the water and dying within 15 seconds. If you are bombarded by a ranged opponent, while sticking to a banner, you can fight back easily, rather than having to pick up the banner and chase after him.
-you are specced for group support anyway, so you might aswell get some long range immobilize and a fire field.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.