best sigils for maxing out gs damage?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

-against another player (I really only care about wvsw)

lets say im running might runes so 45% might duration increase. Maybe I’m running 20% boon duration food….maybe I’m not. so 45-65% might duration increase.

and im running forceful greatsword and berserker’s power
-3000 base power, and 55% crit rate…75% with fury (who’s uptime is say anywhere from 0-80%)

lets also say since its wvsw superior sigil of night is available.

What are the best 2 sigils to use then? Let’s say my uptime with the weapon is 5-10 seconds max incase an on weapon swap sigil is to be considered.

omit ‘on kill’ sigils like bloodlust

assume day and night cycles exist, and I have a night time gs and a daytime gs from which I can choose from. If sigil of night is chosen, come up with a daytime alternative as well.

Just gonna list what comes to ‘my’ mind.
-sigil of air (major and superior)
-sigil of fire
-sigil of strength
-sigil of hydromacy
-sigil of force
-sigil of night
-sigil of leeching (1k damage regardless of enemy armour value)
-sigil of accuracy
-sigil of intelligence

potential combo (off top of head):
-force and night or night and night ….if any of those stack to something 15% or higher.
-major air and superior air together since they dont share cd apparently.
-accuracy and night.
-strength and hydro

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

No point in getting that little bit more dmg in if you can’t hit your target, that’s why I prefer hydro and leeching, cause swapping to gs when your ontop of your target to get the dmg from the sigils and wwa is where it’s at

in Warrior

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Sadly leeching seems to be still bugged, last time I checked. It gives you the heal but does not apply damage.

I play hammer/gs and actually started using sigil of agility on my gs (1s of quickness on weapon swap) not entirely sure how good it is, but doesn’t seem too bad woth setting up cc on hammer and swapping to gs for 100b.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I use Hydromancy and Leeching too. Dodging into range (triggering Reckless Dodge, activating Stick and Move), swapping for Hydromancy, #3 through the opponent, #5 back to him then F1 is one of my preferred combo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Hydro and leeching is where it’s at yo.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Hydro has always been one of my favs, for war and ele. I’ve been running Strength and Cleansing I think though, due to the sheer amount of condi we run against. The Strength seems nice, but the internal cooldown on it makes it so-so, I’ll probably swap that to Hydro.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Sadly leeching seems to be still bugged, last time I checked. It gives you the heal but does not apply damage.

I play hammer/gs and actually started using sigil of agility on my gs (1s of quickness on weapon swap) not entirely sure how good it is, but doesn’t seem too bad woth setting up cc on hammer and swapping to gs for 100b.

I’ve been using agility on GS for a while now, mainly for Arcing Slice->whirl chains when swapping from hammer. Whirlwind with quickness is usually so fast the guy can’t dodge any part of it.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in Warrior

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

I’ve been using agility on GS for a while now, mainly for Arcing Slice->whirl chains when swapping from hammer. Whirlwind with quickness is usually so fast the guy can’t dodge any part of it.

I prefer to use 100B as whirlwind is so strong and doesn’t require a setup. I rather keep it off cd so I can use it’s evade to dodge something important. I do like to use arcing slice first though.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Warrior

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

I personally run hydro+ fire for the extra aoe damage during crits. Leeching is way better if you like to roam solo imo but fire shines in larger fights.
I recently changed from leeching to fire due to the pop changes with the server merges and haven’t looked back.

Fire is also something which works rather well with PVE as I’m too lazy to make alternate GS

Multiple Class Disorder

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

So…just for my interest. DOES Force and Night stack together to 15%? It should given the rules right? Force and night are from different category of sigil. I mean Force and 10% vs ghosts (or whatever) works right? Then since Night is from the same category as vs ghosts it should tooo…..unless some special exception was made by anet but its not on the wiki so…

!!!?!!!?!!! CONFUSION

I personally run hydro+ fire for the extra aoe damage during crits. Leeching is way better if you like to roam solo imo but fire shines in larger fights.
I recently changed from leeching to fire due to the pop changes with the server merges and haven’t looked back.

Fire is also something which works rather well with PVE as I’m too lazy to make alternate GS

Fire does kitten damage though…I mean air is barely competing with hydromacy atm and fire is even less. I get like 800-1200 dmg (if i recall a few days ago correct) with air and up to 2900 with hydro since it can crit unlike air. Hydro won’t always hit and I’m not running hammer so I don’t have to worry about swapping to and from weapon sets every 5 seconds. I think a 5%-10% flat damage increase is gonna serve you infinitely times better in zerg fights than a single fire proc. The fire proc on its own is gonna barely dent an hp bar on its own.
Plus fire is only procing once if u are fasthands and using weapon swap to its full potential. I guess I could argue the same with air though and say something like….if u wield for 6 seconds u could potentially get 2 air or 2 fire bursts out of it so who cares. Fire still does kitten compared to air imo, I won’t look at it again. I think you’d be better with hydro and intellegence so the hydro crits….compared to fire. I mean you are definitely better with intelligence if you run the basic 50% crit rate or 70 with fury since ur likely grouped.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

So…just for my interest. DOES Force and Night stack together to 15%? It should given the rules right? Force and night are from different category of sigil. I mean Force and 10% vs ghosts (or whatever) works right? Then since Night is from the same category as vs ghosts it should tooo…..unless some special exception was made by anet but its not on the wiki so…

!!!?!!!?!!! CONFUSION

Fire does kitten damage though…I mean air is barely competing with hydromacy atm and fire is even less. I get like 800-1200 dmg (if i recall a few days ago correct) with air and up to 2900 with hydro since it can crit unlike air. Hydro won’t always hit and I’m not running hammer so I don’t have to worry about swapping to and from weapon sets every 5 seconds. I think a 5%-10% flat damage increase is gonna serve you infinitely times better in zerg fights than a single fire proc. The fire proc on its own is gonna barely dent an hp bar on its own.
Plus fire is only procing once if u are fasthands and using weapon swap to its full potential. I guess I could argue the same with air though and say something like….if u wield for 6 seconds u could potentially get 2 air or 2 fire bursts out of it so who cares. Fire still does kitten compared to air imo, I won’t look at it again. I think you’d be better with hydro and intellegence so the hydro crits….compared to fire. I mean you are definitely better with intelligence if you run the basic 50% crit rate or 70 with fury since ur likely grouped.

Because Fire is an aoe, it procs more adrenaline than air when there are multiple mobs… that would be the advantage of fire over air.

Fire procs off the enemy, where-as hydro procs point blank from your position… so fire has the advantage over hydro if you’re using it in a ranged weapon.

It all depends on your build and weapons as to which sigils work best.

~EW

edit: P.S. Night does stack with Force.

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Oh, good to know the aoe’s from sigils proc adren, guess I’ve never paid attention.
Same with the intelligence + hydromancy, will definitely look into that lol

(edited by Ven Zehn.6573)

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

ok fair point. didnt kno fire proc’d up to 5 adrenaline by itself. i might actually add that to my zerg build. ADRENAL LIFEBLOOD FTW.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I’ve been running hydro and leeching for ever, but I recently swapped leeching for agility, and it makes a world of difference! With the new Adrenal Health it’s vital to hit the bursts reliably, and the quickness Arcing Slice is just too good. You can also have the first hits of your 100b coming out faster. It’s so fluid, that even if leeching gets fixed I probably won’t go back.

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

I’ve been running hydro and leeching for ever, but I recently swapped leeching for agility, and it makes a world of difference! With the new Adrenal Health it’s vital to hit the bursts reliably, and the quickness Arcing Slice is just too good. You can also have the first hits of your 100b coming out faster. It’s so fluid, that even if leeching gets fixed I probably won’t go back.

-How do I equate 250 power to 1 second quickness…?
-How do i equate 2900 damage and 2 second chill and an adrenaline proc to 1 second quickness…?
-How do I equate an extra dodge to 1 second quickness?
-How do I equate….

I mean for the sake of argument ill try it out on a gs…since i have 3 ascended zerker ones ….4 if i count the marauder. It would have to make my fighting super fluid though in order to justify me doing this.

Edit: its not as bad as I thought it would be. worth considering…..plus its fun with the extra control it gives you.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

-How do I equate 250 power to 1 second quickness…?
-How do i equate 2900 damage and 2 second chill and an adrenaline proc to 1 second quickness…?
-How do I equate an extra dodge to 1 second quickness?
-How do I equate….

I mean for the sake of argument ill try it out on a gs…since i have 3 ascended zerker ones ….4 if i count the marauder. It would have to make my fighting super fluid though in order to justify me doing this.

Edit: its not as bad as I thought it would be. worth considering…..plus its fun with the extra control it gives you.

I understand your doubts. I myself wouldn’t have even looked at this sigil if sigil of leeching wasn’t broken, and the fact that some good on-swap sigils don’t exist in pvp. One second of quickness looks like nothing on paper, but it really feels fluid once you play it.

It’s still worse than hydro (which is still a go-to sigil for GS in pvp/wvw), and I personally don’t like bloodlust because it makes me fear death, which is detrimental to good WvW roaming. So it’s the next best choice imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

I’d never used the Sigil of Agility before, but reading so many people saying good things about it, I gave it a try tonight, in place of the bugged Sigil of Leeching. Interesting and fun indeed! The melee swap on a Hydromancy/Agility GS is great.

Also, I thought they’d fixed the Quickness on movement skills, but apparently the fix isn’t what I thought it was, since I just hit a 10k+ with GS #3 on a glassy elem, with the Demolisher amulet…

in Warrior

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I generally prefer air and fire for warrior GS personally. On hammer I would go with Air and Draining.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Quickness doesn’t alter whirlwind tho?

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

Yeah, I realized last friday that after anet made the changes to all movement skills they not only changed the thing where the distance travelled was shorter but also the time it took to execute the skill in some cases. RIP took me so lnog to realize -.-, I think I still might keep the sigil for faster arcing slices or a partial 100b channel tho. If the enemy is close to 50% anyways that small spurt of quickness can easily help to bring them to <50% and proc Heightened Focus which is what I run now that I’ve respecced back Vanilla axe shield.

in Warrior

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Just put hydro+leeching on gs and combo it with gs3 after weapon swap.

Parabrezza

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Yeah, I realized last friday that after anet made the changes to all movement skills they not only changed the thing where the distance travelled was shorter but also the time it took to execute the skill in some cases. RIP took me so lnog to realize -.-, I think I still might keep the sigil for faster arcing slices or a partial 100b channel tho. If the enemy is close to 50% anyways that small spurt of quickness can easily help to bring them to <50% and proc Heightened Focus which is what I run now that I’ve respecced back Vanilla axe shield.

1 sec quickness for 100b is a bad idea, not done any “oficial” testing and dunno if there might be some way to avoid, but if the quickness ends mid 100b cast, which it will with that sigil, the rest of the strikes from 100b will still hit at their origin timestamps after the cast is initiated. For example the last hit will still hit the same time as if you didn’t have any quickness at all, despite the animation and previous hits had been sped up due to the previous quickness – there’s a pause origin strikes to catch up. When animation ends, you will still be having to wait for the last to strike, which will land at origin time, so ultimately like u never had any quickness, and its become clunky af. U need quickness throughout whole 100b animation or rip. I guess you can do quick mini 100b, but kinda eh. Wasted sigil slot imo.

Sorry for using “origin” 2 million times.

Edit: Accidentally said Timespams, meant timestamps

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Don’t do this as some sort of “dmg combo”, could be useful sometimes, but seldom as a “dmg combo”

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

1 sec quickness for 100b is a bad idea, not done any “oficial” testing and dunno if there might be some way to avoid, but if the quickness ends mid 100b cast, which it will with that sigil, the rest of the strikes from 100b will still hit at their origin timespams after the cast is initiated. For example the last hit will still hit the same time as if you didn’t have any quickness at all, despite the animation and previous hits had been sped up due to the previous quickness – there’s a pause origin strikes to catch up. When animation ends, you will still be having to wait for the last to strike, which will land at origin time, so ultimately like u never had any quickness, and its become clunky af. U need quickness throughout whole 100b animation or rip. I guess you can do quick mini 100b, but kinda eh. Wasted sigil slot imo.

No worries about origin xD

But yeah, I noticed the way the animation and damage timing screws up too and that’s why I usually either stow it when quickness finishes or I try to swap when the enemy is near 50% so I can proc heightened focus and lengthen the quickness duration so that it goes on for the full cast. Idk I used to run leeching but I find that with or without leeching in general fights especially mid team fights there seems to be no difference at all. I could probably swap it to a damage dealing sigil on crit, who knows.

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

1 sec quickness for 100b is a bad idea, not done any “oficial” testing and dunno if there might be some way to avoid, but if the quickness ends mid 100b cast, which it will with that sigil, the rest of the strikes from 100b will still hit at their origin timespams after the cast is initiated. For example the last hit will still hit the same time as if you didn’t have any quickness at all, despite the animation and previous hits had been sped up due to the previous quickness – there’s a pause origin strikes to catch up. When animation ends, you will still be having to wait for the last to strike, which will land at origin time, so ultimately like u never had any quickness, and its become clunky af. U need quickness throughout whole 100b animation or rip. I guess you can do quick mini 100b, but kinda eh. Wasted sigil slot imo.

No worries about origin xD

But yeah, I noticed the way the animation and damage timing screws up too and that’s why I usually either stow it when quickness finishes or I try to swap when the enemy is near 50% so I can proc heightened focus and lengthen the quickness duration so that it goes on for the full cast. Idk I used to run leeching but I find that with or without leeching in general fights especially mid team fights there seems to be no difference at all. I could probably swap it to a damage dealing sigil on crit, who knows.

Sigil of leeching is rly nice. Also, I meant timestamps, not timespams <.< hadn’t slept.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

air + Force is the one of, if not, the best combo…

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Force is trash

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Force is trash

What’s better than it? Because I have been using it since I made my charr, so if there is actually something better than 5% dmg increase overboard ; then i want to get my hands on it.

Also I don’t use discipline, so which sigil should I use instead of force.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Force is trash

What’s better than it? Because I have been using it since I made my charr, so if there is actually something better than 5% dmg increase overboard ; then i want to get my hands on it.

If you don’t use discipline I donno why I’m talking to you.
Just use theese:
Intelligence
Hydromancy
Leeching
Air
Blood
Energy (not in pvp)
Fire (I dont like it much but still better)

I dunno wtf u should use without discipline, never thought anyone would run power without discipline, I’m not discussing what’s best for power warr without discipline, that’s pretty useless

in Warrior

Loading.4503

i cant take this thread seriously anymore lol

and we all know sigil of frailty is the best, those vuln stacks are op from the gs

in Warrior

lucadiro.4519

Don’t do this as some sort of “dmg combo”, could be useful sometimes, but seldom as a “dmg combo”

What? Out of the fact that it is a dmg combo is also a defensive combo. You can use it to evade and damage at the same time so…

Parabrezza

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

What? Out of the fact that it is a dmg combo is also a defensive combo. You can use it to evade and damage at the same time so…

Yes, as an evade/disengage. As a ‘dmg combo’ which thread was about (most dmg blabla) its a waste of whirl and bad on the damage aspect aswell almost every time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Force is trash

Fivedawgs confirmed Troll.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

lucadiro.4519

Yes, as an evade/disengage. As a ‘dmg combo’ which thread was about (most dmg blabla) its a waste of whirl and bad on the damage aspect aswell almost every time.

Man, you are talking as you have to do it only for do damage. While I’m talking about use it to do damage while evade.
Like for example a revenant jump to you with phase traversal, you swap weapon and gs3 away, evading his sword2, going out of his sword 3range and doing massive damage. I mean, with a good keybind you can do it in the same time reaction of pushing the Dodge button. So you save a Dodge, do damage evade and kiting at the same time. Without wasting it only for one pourpose. And this is only an example.
That said, obviusly It’s not a law, you doesn’t have to do it every time you swap. If you waste your gs3 “almost everytime” you try to do it than It’s a your problem. You should know when to do it and when instead save your gs3.

But for the topic, since the secondary weapon set has always other sigil from wich benefit better (like paralization for mace, or intelligence/impact for hammer) the best sigils you can put on gs for the damage is leeching + hydromancy. Maybe air could be an option if you usually stay more than 5 seconds on gs before swap, since it proc once for 3 sec. But even if you make it proc 2 times I don’t know if it is worth to sacrifice the hydro leech sinergy.

Parabrezza

in Warrior

lucadiro.4519

Lol just saw your video and you do swap+gs3 everytime your enemies are in melee range. So I don’t get why here you keep to say me that’s a waste. :/
By the way nice video man.

Parabrezza

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I dunno what you guys put on your greatswords but I need atleast sigil of energy on my gs. It feels weird If I run energy on my other weaponset. Like If its f#c#ing up my rotation or something I dunno xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I dunno what you guys put on your greatswords but I need atleast sigil of energy on my gs. It feels weird If I run energy on my other weaponset. Like If its f#c#ing up my rotation or something I dunno xd

That’s just a learned thing. I ran energy on my gs for maybe two years, then switched it to my other set. It wasn’t that hard to adjust.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I did tried it aswell, to put sigil of energy on my secondary weaponset. But after some days of fighting with that setup my brains will start saying stuff like: Wtf have you done?! Put that thing back were it came from!! I cant help it xd

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Ya I noticed with agility the 100b has a very noticable pause after the 1s quickness where the animation is still cleaving and yet there are no numbers. I find it really really annoying. I mean I like to do the 100b during the 1 second of quickness and if heightened focus doesn’t kick in for more quickness then I use whirlwind immediately after that 1 sec. Alot of the time though its better to just keep the 100b going since it does as much damage if not more anyways and it saves you an evade/movement skill for when you really do need it. Its rather annoying. I’ve still been using agility though on my day gs. Just agility and hydromacy. I ran one with force and hydromacy. Even with the 100b delay and the quickness not always ‘counting’ I still prefered it to sigil of force….it sounds weird but thats what happened (i made 2 separate gs and i swap them to and from and the force one does more cleave damage but i feel less control)…night gs is sigil of night and hydromacy….no way i can justify agility over a raw 10% damage increase.

The might on crit hit one was kitten compared to force’s damage. i might consider trying air over agility sometime. I do a ton less damage with agility than i do with sigil of night, coupled with the delay making combat weird at times….especially pve, means im always looking for something else but im enjoying the swiftness it gives as well with my build.

I did tried it aswell, to put sigil of energy on my secondary weaponset. But after some days of fighting with that setup my brains will start saying stuff like: Wtf have you done?! Put that thing back were it came from!! I cant help it xd

If ur running stick and move the extra +50% endurance on swap tends to ruin the 10% damage buff overall hurting ur gs dmg output. Apparently some people dont have any problems using their dodges right when they are available so they always have the damage uptime. I don’t like that tho, I like to keep 1 dodge on reserve for things i really need to dodge….that’s why putting energy on my alt set seems to work the best for me atm. I went from no energy sigil at all to energy on the gs to energy on the shield….i can appreciate the evasion combo’s you can do with it on the gs but ultimately it screws up my damage output which is a nono

and we all know sigil of frailty is the best, those vuln stacks are op from the gs

Go back to Pve

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Obindo.6802

Man, you are talking as you have to do it only for do damage. While I’m talking about use it to do damage while evade.
Like for example a revenant jump to you with phase traversal, you swap weapon and gs3 away, evading his sword2, going out of his sword 3range and doing massive damage. I mean, with a good keybind you can do it in the same time reaction of pushing the Dodge button. So you save a Dodge, do damage evade and kiting at the same time. Without wasting it only for one pourpose. And this is only an example.
That said, obviusly It’s not a law, you doesn’t have to do it every time you swap. If you waste your gs3 “almost everytime” you try to do it than It’s a your problem. You should know when to do it and when instead save your gs3.

But for the topic, since the secondary weapon set has always other sigil from wich benefit better (like paralization for mace, or intelligence/impact for hammer) the best sigils you can put on gs for the damage is leeching + hydromancy. Maybe air could be an option if you usually stay more than 5 seconds on gs before swap, since it proc once for 3 sec. But even if you make it proc 2 times I don’t know if it is worth to sacrifice the hydro leech sinergy.

Actually its the opposite, you suggested it as a combo for “maxing out gs damage” as the topic says. As for your example, what u’re wanting to there is whirl. Not swap for hydromancy and whirl, and as I said, it can be nice, but not for maximizing damage, and not for the hydromancy (it’s the whirl you want). Doing this combo for damage is ussually a waste of whirl.

At no point in my last vid, The True Revenant (I cba checking all) did I use this as a dmg combo. I think the only time I did swap and whirl was for immob break, oh and for an evade where I didn’t even have the wombo combo hydromancy on my gs

(edited by Obindo.6802)

in Warrior

Loading.4503

I guilty of doing the gs swap whirlwind combo also, but I’m on both sides of this argument with it. I’ll do it when I have endurance to dodge still or if I still have either of my endure pains still for just in case I can’t dodge or something. its a good quick burst of dmg and to create some distance.

And for duels, if it last long enough, and if my enemy catches on to that combo, it’s a good way to bait out dodges, a lot of times when I run towards them, they expect me to swap and they dodge so I just let them dodge and land soemthing else like an evis or whatever I’m running at the time

But I guess that’s not really maximizing dmg anymore, just playstyle