cleric or soldier gear?

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvornlach.7539

Galvornlach.7539

I want to ask to you fellas warriors this thing:

In a shout build (eith regen signet or heling surge as heals) what type of gear between soldier or cleric will give you the best survivability in a Zerg/guild run wvwvw situation?

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

It doesn’t matter much what you run in a random zerg, but if you’re going full support Cleric’s would offer the most healing for shouts. Go Solider’s for more balance and hp.

I’d say go for Soldier’s first from the Orr Karma vendors and throw in some Cleric’s gear to find your preference. In a guild setting it is best to synchronize with your guild group, but you’d probably be more likely to pull off a Cleric’s gear build if they work well together.

As for the healing skill, Healing Surge would probably benefit you in most situations, especially with Cleric’s gear, but Healing Signet would still work well with Soldier’s gear in a small group/less spikey situation.

Edit: With full exotic Cleric’s you’ll heal about 800 hp more than Soldier’s per shout (2.3k vs 1.5k), without the runes and such. Personally I prefered the Cleric’s build even though Soldier’s gave about 6k more hp, so use that data as you will. I used this build to base it upon: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQNBMhJ6kzhkHjCy5BcIDIoHaYVsFqCwR6BZgGpBA-jECB4hERj0fDRjoGMLqIasFhFRjVNjIqWZDz6rIa1SB8tyI-w

(edited by Mistro.3059)

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

As for the healing skill, Healing Surge would probably benefit you in most situations, especially with Cleric’s gear, but Healing Signet would still work well with Soldier’s gear in a small group/less spikey situation.

When it comes to raw healing, Healing Surge is strictly worse. Used immediately on cooldown and including the cast time before the next cooldown starts, it’s on a 31 second cycle.

It heals for: 9820 + 1.5 HP
9820/31 = 316.77… heal/sec, 1.5/31 = 0.484… healing power/sec

Compare to Healing Signet: 392 heal/sec, 0.05 healing power/sec

Surge’s benefits are in how it heals and the utility. As a burst heal, it can save you in situations where you can’t wait 30 seconds for Signet to outpace it, you can choose when to use the effects to avoid the healing reduction of poison. It also has potential utility in refreshing adrenaline, though if you’re using it for this purpose you’re losing out on potential healing.

Signet, however, has better numbers for both the base heal and benefits from healing power. In situations where you’re getting the health regen constantly, it outpaces both other warrior healing skills, as long as you’re surviving well enough under those conditions. In situations where your health regen isn’t used at all, it doesn’t matter which heal you’re using. The weaknesses of Signet are the strengths of Surge – signet is more affected by poison, and the heal’s spread out enough that under pressure you might die because you don’t have a burst heal. Though, if you need a burst heal, you’d better win after using it (the only scenario in which Healing Signet’s active is worth the time to use is if you need 10 seconds of the passive heal immediately in order to survive long enough to win/escape a fight)

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I preffer soldiers over cleric, namely for the extra power it gives me.

[DONE]

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Huh soldier gear on warrior? Roll a guard bro

You have a problem with soldier gear?

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Galvornlach.7539

Galvornlach.7539

i tried with a guardian but guardians are slow, low damage in the rate of damage\survivability.

warrior gives me much more damag if i want while keeping a decent survivability.

And I love being a soldier class not a pseudo priest with a heavy armour. When the hell have you seen a soldier using a staff…come on

(edited by Galvornlach.7539)

cleric or soldier gear?

in Warrior

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

i tried with a guardian but guardians are slow, low damage in the rate of damage\survivability.

warrior gives me much more damag if i want while keeping a decent survivability.

And I love being a soldier class not a pseudo priest with a heavy armour. When the hell have you seen a soldier using a staff…come on

When have you seen mages in cloth dual-wielding daggers and doing close combat..

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”