Decrease Pin Down cast time back

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Currently, Pin down cast time is too long, and its animation that emits white light when casting makes even easier to be dodged. Now, everybody can just simply dodge it, at lease people in dueling arena, yes, they can easily. I wouldn’t say to remove that emitting light animation, but with both 2 conditions, emitting light when casting and too slow cast time, makes it too easy to be dodged just like Rifle’s Killshot. One of them, emitting light or cast time, should be either decreased or removed.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

it also has a very noticeable sound cue that makes it dodgeable even if you weren’t looking towards the warrior, i might add

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Comparing anything to Kill Shot makes a very invalid comparison.

Pin Down was given a longer, flashier animation because it was too strong for how easy it was to land. If you want to land it, bait them dodges out of your enemies like a decent player.

in Warrior

Kitt.2567

I tested it a lot with axe/sword-lb warrior by gamble dueling, he is pretty good dueler I guess. but he dodge pindown at around 80% of success rate. only 1 out of 5 did work.

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in Warrior

Kitt.2567

Comparing anything to Kill Shot makes a very invalid comparison.

Pin Down was given a longer, flashier animation because it was too strong for how easy it was to land. If you want to land it, bait them dodges out of your enemies like a decent player.

i am not really comparing. i am jusy saying this pin-down become almost as easy as killshot to dodge. honestly, killshot is extremely easier though. but for decent dueler pindown is also extremely easy as killshot. both are not even problem for decent player to dodge them out.

if they decrease pin down cast time but animation and sound still exist, I am surely saying that it will be only a little bit harder to dodge, but is still dodgeable completely. it just need more fast reaction.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Comeon guys it’s not that easy to evade you make beliefe of.
Ofc a S/D thief in a dueling arena giggles when he sees this animation but this shouldn’t be the benchmark.
To notice a pindown in a tpvp match is quite hard and I guess good reactions should get rewarded.

So I’m against a buff, allthough I understand your points.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Ofc a S/D thief in a dueling arena giggles when he sees this animation but this shouldn’t be the benchmark.
To notice a pindown in a tpvp match is quite hard and I guess good reactions should get rewarded.

Yeah basically

It is hard to gauge the skill in a 1v1 as he can focus on you and all your animations thus saving dodges for this skill

In a team fight dodging pin down is not as easy and they did change this for a reason because the skill is STILL ridiculously strong if it connects

Compare this to dagger#3 skill of a Necromancer – just as easy to dodge yet pindown is much stronger

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is not as easy to land in a 1 vs 1 skirmish anymore, but in a messy team fight …

heheheheh

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

try to bait them dodges i usually send the blinding arrow first, usually nets a dodge from someone expecting pin down. Also i often try to pindown right when switching weapons, it seems to help aswell. Especially if you are in their face already with the sword and they are in the process of getting away from the steam!

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

You also can fake pindown

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Completely agree.

Although, arguably, Anet overnerfed this skill by inserting both the casttime increase and the animation at the same time. Proper nerfing would have been one of these, or perhaps a 1/2 second casttime and see if the skill was ok then. I personally don’t think Pin Down would be OP if the casttime would be 1/2 second.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.