discipline tree mess up ?

in Warrior

Posted by: powercore.7021

powercore.7021

i dont know if this is a bug , or working as intended, but whats up with burst dmg modifier? i have 20 points into it, and it only does 2%? that just seems a little weird, i would think it would be 1% per point?

in Warrior

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

I think the justification I’ve read before is that 30% Crit damage is enough of a buff that 3% burst damage is just icing on the cake. It is also the only tree that double-dips in benefit since our bursts can crit. Imagine 30% Burst damage & 30% Crit damage on our hardest hitting abilities?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I think the justification I’ve read before is that 30% Crit damage is enough of a buff that 3% burst damage is just icing on the cake. It is also the only tree that double-dips in benefit since our bursts can crit. Imagine 30% Burst damage & 30% Crit damage on our hardest hitting abilities?

Although I agree that 30% burst damage is too insane, Thieves have Precision/Crit Dmg on the same trait line, so I don’t think double dipping is a reasonable explanation.

I’m not sure why they didn’t just do something like Burst cooldown recharge rate at 1% per point. I honestly don’t even consider the Burst dmg part of the trait line as a thing that exists, as the 20 points I put in that line amount to 2% damage on my burst ability.

I can’t think of anything less impactful than 2% damage on burst abilities that aren’t always geared for only damage.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

It used to be +1% Burst per rank in that Trait line. People were using the auto crit weapon sigil and the Axe’s burst called Eviscerate to own people in PvP. Since GW2 is balanced around PvP viability, they were both hit hard with the nerf bat.

As it currently stands, the +.1% Burst benefit is a joke and it really does penalize the +Stat benefits of the Discipline line. We’ve been complaining about this since around Beta Weekend #3. To date, nothing has changed since they don’t want Burst attacks to be too powerful in PvP. Nor do they seem comfortable with lowering their recast timers (due to the likely PvP balancing issues).

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Yeah, I can see where reducing the cooldown by 30% coupled with either Grandmaster Discipline traits (reduce cooldown of bursts by 20%, and reduce adrenaline cost of burst skills), in addition to combining with Berserker Stance, could cause Evisc. spam or something similar.

It’s just a bummer, really. If the system wasn’t based on “strikes” and was more fluid, they could potentially do 1% more adrenaline gained per hit per skill point.

I’m sure it’ll change at some point, but I actually believe they have bigger fish to fry at the moment, so I’m not worried. Mobile Strikes and Fast Hands are more than enough for me to dip in to that trait line, especially combined with only the +Crit Dmg.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”