dont forget to nerf healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

healing signet + this healreg traits is more than op and make warrior with berserker amulet more tanky than a bunker guardian

plz dont forget to FIX this

thx

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Warrior

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

with shaman or cleric maybe, but not with berseker, they are still pretty squishy

in Warrior

Romek.4201

they r not suishy

trie it

berserker amulet and hammer + longbow – you kill everything 3 hits and nothing hurts you

probuild – realy

here the build

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-ss-o;1NK-Q0f4cL-60;9;59T-T;13;0287;157AC-F6;2KJG4KJG45Bg

just smash face on keybord – dont need more

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

it’s a really low skill cap build. pure cheese and no skill.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Always funny to see your burst getting eaten up by passive regen in seconds =)

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Yeah, we are too skilled to walk away from Earthshaker :P

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Romek.4201

this build even need lower skillcap than spiritranger

run in – press 3 and 5 from longbow for the aoe than go on hammer and press whatever is not on cd

done

in Warrior

redslion.9675

run in – press 3 and 5 from longbow for the aoe than go on hammer and press whatever is not on cd

done

Then die.

Congratulation! Now you are a great asset for the match. You’ll be the best free rally in the game!

in Warrior

Posted by: Warbarbie.8147

Warbarbie.8147

Btw CC lock in another great problem, we see

Necro – chain fear
Warrior – chain stun
Engi – chain CC

I think a short immunity buff for CC would be great to avoid this mechanic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

They should really ban people claiming stupid things and spreading their dirty propaganda on the forums, defaming classes just for the sake of it.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

They should really ban people claiming stupid things and spreading their dirty propaganda on the forums, defaming classes just for the sake of it.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, its hilariously hypocritical coming from you.

When it’s the class you play, people shouldn’t be allowed to post their opinions (Wrong or not). When it’s you defaming other classes, it’s A-Ok. Lawl.

Back on topic, something probably needs to be done about the Signet + Adrenaline heal + cleansing ire combo. Whereas the usual answer to this level of passive regen would be “just keep poison up”, its almost impossible to do so in this meta because of how much condition cleanse has been prioritized – when a warrior can drop 3 conditions every 7-10 seconds (just by using burst skills they’d be using anyway), it’s almost impossible to keep them poisoned and continue doing adequate damage.

It’s also not boon based, so it can’t be stripped/stolen. Prior to the LS change, the main problem with boon bunkers was there weren’t enough options to strip protection/regen/stability to keep your target from just passively regenerating huge amounts of health. This isn’t necessarily a problem, just something to keep in mind.

As far as what actually needs to be changed, and how severe the change should be, I’ve got nothing – that’s a playtesting issue.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

done

I smell freerally, i like that kind of ppl as i always can count on them

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Did u killed Liadri yet? No? Do it before they release patch. Go go go

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Did u killed Liadri yet? No? Do it before they release patch. Go go go

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Liadra-guide-for-non-zerk-direct-damage/first#post2596022

All is vain.

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, its hilariously hypocritical coming from you.

When it’s the class you play, people shouldn’t be allowed to post their opinions (Wrong or not). When it’s you defaming other classes, it’s A-Ok. Lawl.

Back on topic, something probably needs to be done about the Signet + Adrenaline heal + cleansing ire combo. Whereas the usual answer to this level of passive regen would be “just keep poison up”, its almost impossible to do so in this meta because of how much condition cleanse has been prioritized – when a warrior can drop 3 conditions every 7-10 seconds (just by using burst skills they’d be using anyway), it’s almost impossible to keep them poisoned and continue doing adequate damage.

It’s also not boon based, so it can’t be stripped/stolen. Prior to the LS change, the main problem with boon bunkers was there weren’t enough options to strip protection/regen/stability to keep your target from just passively regenerating huge amounts of health. This isn’t necessarily a problem, just something to keep in mind.

As far as what actually needs to be changed, and how severe the change should be, I’ve got nothing – that’s a playtesting issue.

Its not, because they are claiming nerfs on a class that they refuse to learn how to counter, the regen of healing signet is crap in pvp, is that crap that i dont even use it, they only throw defaming claims with no evidence at all that is the problem.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Its not, because they are claiming nerfs on a class that they refuse to learn how to counter, the regen of healing signet is crap in pvp, is that crap that i dont even use it, they only throw defaming claims with no evidence at all that is the problem.

Nearly every warrior is using Healing signet, to great effect I might add. If you haven’t found a way to use it effectively, that’s on you, and honestly kind of hard to believe.

Again, I’m not sitting here screaming thakittens obviously insanely broken and needs nerfing, but the combo of Signet + Adrenaline heal + Cleansing ire probably warrants looking at.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

65 hps.

65 hps difference between Healing Surge and Healing signet.

Is that the difference between fine and OP?

However, if that is the problem, remove adrenaline heal. It’s not that strong, and if it makes you happy, so be it!

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Nearly every warrior is using Healing signet, to great effect I might add. If you haven’t found a way to use it effectively, that’s on you, and honestly kind of hard to believe.

Again, I’m not sitting here screaming thakittens obviously insanely broken and needs nerfing, but the combo of Signet + Adrenaline heal + Cleansing ire probably warrants looking at.

I made a full regen warrior build in pvp and it was crap, as soon as a burst build hit me like a thief the regen couldnt compensate the high damage, warriors have no protection so they cant bunker only other bunkers and that is lol…

Then i realized that healing signet was over rated and stoped using it i prefer burst healing when i need it and not passive crappy healing, just burst a healing signet user and see how fast its going to start running away.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

65 hps.

However, if that is the problem, remove adrenaline heal. It’s not that strong, and if it makes you happy, so be it!

That’s not an entirely accurate comparison, now is it?

A) Signet is passive regen, always happening, whereas Surge is an active effect. It’s easier to burst down someone who has to activate an effect rather than one who is passively recovering health

B) I believe (but am not positive) you’re comparing Surge at full adrenaline to Signet – Signet is not reliant on adrenaline level, so you’re comparing Surge akittens best to signet base.

C) Surge has an activation time, and can be interrupted.

D) Surge happens as an effect all at once – poison at the right time and they lost 33% of their heal. Signet happens gradually over time, so poison is less effective. Coupled with how high condition cleansing is prioritized in the current meta, and signet is vastly harder to counter with poison than healing surge is.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

I made a full regen warrior build in pvp and it was crap, as soon as a burst build hit me like a thief the regen couldnt compensate the high damage, warriors have no protection so they cant bunker only other bunkers and that is lol…

Then i realized that healing signet was over rated and stoped using it i prefer burst healing when i need it and not passive crappy healing, just burst a healing signet user and see how fast its going to start running away.

I don’t know what else to tell you, other than to speak to some more experienced warriors so they can guide you in how to properly use healing signet.

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

I don’t know what else to tell you, other than to speak to some more experienced warriors so they can guide you in how to properly use healing signet.

Why dont you explain to me sir, you seem to know some kind of SECRET im not aware off, so please by any means show me the light because as it is right now im only seing that you are runing away for not having anything to say about this matter.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s easier to play than spirit ranger but I think all these skill floor arguments are bunk. Define easier to play, right? Define skill floor? These are nebulous concepts. Do I use them in speech? Yes. Did I just say this warrior build is easy to play? Yes. But I can’t even define ‘easy to play’ thoroughly or claim that I understand what skill floor really means. I believe skill floor arguments are bunk for this reason.

Gw2 is easy to play. It was designed that way.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Warrior

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

Here I’ll debunk this whole thread real quick :

Healing signet op? No. What you’re complaining about is the combination of healing sig + cleansing ire + bezerkers stance + adrenal health + cc in the same spec

Is all this in fact over the top? Not really. The main reason you feel like it survives so long is because the meta is condi pressure + bunkers. If the meta went back to straight burst; healing signet would be garbage with a zerker amulet. The reality of it is the effective HPS is not that much higher than surge and is much more vulnerable to poison.

Oh, you play thief and not a condi/bunker? I’ll tell you why you think it’s OP. You have spent so much time relying on resetting the fight, stealth abusing, and stalling in 1v1s that by the time you reopen healing signet has a warrior back to full health. Where as otherwise once we pop surge, you have a 30 second window to recover and burst again. Every time you kite us, we regen. But honestly? unless you are contested in a small area, a thief SHOULD still win a 1v1 vs hammer/longbow. Other specs? That’s a different debate. The reason you saw caed losing those fights was because he was in the fire field 90% of the time trying to contest the point, and he obviously had no idea how to fight the spec. Honestly even before the warrior buffs any thief that stands in the fire field the entire time will lose 100% of the time unless he gibs him in 5 seconds.

You want to cry about skull crack into 100b? Yeah, sure, it’s a pretty good 1v1 spec – especially against the meta. You know why? Because rangers don’t run stun breaks. Because it’s DESIGNED to beat necros, and even then the warrior can still be outplayed. The most important part? IT SUCKS in team fights, between stun breaks (even if only 1), aoe stability, random blind/dodges you can be useless for 20+ seconds which we all know is a huge amount of time in a 3v3/4v4+. It does not have the survivability either, because cleansing ire won’t be landing.

Want to cry about pure stunlock? Again, it can shut down a lot of classes 1v1.. but it also losses to a lot of classes 1v1 still. It’s team fighting is good, but I wouldn’t say broken. It still has weaknesses, as in it depends on other classes to dps anything that isn’t glass cannon in a team fight. It has low mobility. Once again you are left useless for the first 10 seconds of a team fight against stability. Smart teams can bait the warriors cooldowns, swap, then swap back and literally instagig the warrior with no escapes after block/zerker.

Oh but it’s just god mode easy cheesy anyone can play it though!

Yeah, that’s why I have to turn off guildwars2pvp stream because every jokester “pvp allstar” thinks they can log on a warrior and be amazing. Yet, watching them play they land a few 2-3k damage skills and say OH MY GAWWWD SO MUCH DAMAGE. They stun once or twice GOD MODE. They fight HORRIBLE other players and beat them and say OH MY GOD THIS CLASS IS GOD SO OP SO MUCH REGEN..

Then… I watch them get gibbed by someone decent. I watch them fumble around and lose a stacked team fight because they didn’t contribute. I watch them not know when to engage. I watch them not know how to escape. I watch them basically doing what you say, and because it’s vs bad people or in a big team fight they assume WARRIOR GOD MODE. I even watched one fight another warrior that was keyboard turning, showed up with a health advantage, and still almost lost until he got back up.

Then…

they log onto their necro and stack up every condi in 5 seconds, corrupt boon stability. Log on their eng and lob nades from 1500 range. Log on their rangers and spam dodge until their procs kill the other player. Log on their thief and spam 3-1-3-3-F1-3-3

The point is, it’s just kitten fotm reroll at every obstacle people crying about this. Mostly rangers and necros.

For what it’s worth, I’d gladly remove zerker stance completely if you rework protection to effect ALL damage sources by 15% and change autoattack burning procs to something active

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Too much to quote

Like you said (And I’ve said), the issue comes down to Adrenal health + cleansing Ire + healing signet (I forgot to mention berserker stance and CC, which also helps).

The issue is counterplay. The obvious answer to “lots of passive regen” is “Lots of poison and consistent damage for pressure” – but the current meta has made “lots of poison” almost impossible to actually apply. Due to how popular conditions are, and how easy many classes can reapply them, you’ll have a kitten of a time actually getting poison to stick for more than 5 seconds on a warrior. Combined with all the CC and blocks (which can be used to buy more regen time more than anything else), you’re looking at a setup that almost completely neuters any of the available counterplay options. If the heal were activated, you could interrupt/poison the player during the cast to limit the effects. Since Signet is passive, there is option to interrupt, and poison is vastly less effective.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

Too much to quote

Like you said (And I’ve said), the issue comes down to Adrenal health + cleansing Ire + healing signet (I forgot to mention berserker stance and CC, which also helps).

The issue is counterplay. The obvious answer to “lots of passive regen” is “Lots of poison and consistent damage for pressure” – but the current meta has made “lots of poison” almost impossible to actually apply. Due to how popular conditions are, and how easy many classes can reapply them, you’ll have a kitten of a time actually getting poison to stick for more than 5 seconds on a warrior. Combined with all the CC and blocks (which can be used to buy more regen time more than anything else), you’re looking at a setup that almost completely neuters any of the available counterplay options. If the heal were activated, you could interrupt/poison the player during the cast to limit the effects. Since Signet is passive, there is option to interrupt, and poison is vastly less effective.

You’re speaking out of context. Tell me the situation that a warrior specced stunlock is “too much”. Is it a 1v1? Which class are you? Is it a team fight? Is it overall map presence? Is it node holding? What? What is it? Maybe I can help you.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Too much to quote

You’re speaking out of context. Tell me the situation that a warrior specced stunlock is “too much”. Is it a 1v1? Which class are you? Is it a team fight? Is it overall map presence? Is it node holding? What? What is it? Maybe I can help you.

Stunlock isn’t part of the conversation – its a variable, but one that doesn’t really affect the overall effect too much.

The issue is cleansing ire locks out any sort of counterplay to high passive regen. In 1 v 1, in team fights, in holding nodes – you can’t reduce the healing in the same way you could any other class because it’s part of a build designed to drop multiple conditions every 7-10 seconds using the classes unique ability.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

Too much to quote

Stunlock isn’t part of the conversation – its a variable, but one that doesn’t really affect the overall effect too much.

The issue is cleansing ire locks out any sort of counterplay to high passive regen. In 1 v 1, in team fights, in holding nodes – you can’t reduce the healing in the same way you could any other class because it’s part of a build designed to drop multiple conditions every 7-10 seconds using the classes unique ability.

Speaking as a warrior that doesn’t have poison, I have no problem killing other zerker warriors in under ~20 seconds that use healing signet. Triple stance also? A bit longer. But no longer than any other zerker class with 3 defensive utilities.

And as a warrior and necro, once bezerker stance is down you can 100-0 a warrior in a fear lock (corrupt stability)

Maybe get better

in Warrior

redslion.9675

65 hps.

That’s not an entirely accurate comparison, now is it?

A) Signet is passive regen, always happening, whereas Surge is an active effect. It’s easier to burst down someone who has to activate an effect rather than one who is passively recovering health

B) I believe (but am not positive) you’re comparing Surge at full adrenaline to Signet – Signet is not reliant on adrenaline level, so you’re comparing Surge akittens best to signet base.

C) Surge has an activation time, and can be interrupted.

D) Surge happens as an effect all at once – poison at the right time and they lost 33% of their heal. Signet happens gradually over time, so poison is less effective. Coupled with how high condition cleansing is prioritized in the current meta, and signet is vastly harder to counter with poison than healing surge is.

A) that is less important the longer the battle goes. And if you are bursting someone down in 5-10 seconds, Surge will be better than Signet.

B) Considering warriors build now are heavily reliant on bursts, building up adrenaline is easy.

C) Interrupts are not so frequent, and warriors have different way to overcome it. It’s hardly an issue.

D) Yes, but that applies also to Healing Signet: I can wait poison out with surge, or cleanse it with Signet of Stamina. I can’t do the same with Signet: each second I spend with poison on, it’s a second my healing is reduced.

E) You can enter the fight with a full adrenaline bar.

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Too much to quote

Speaking as a warrior that doesn’t have poison, I have no problem killing other zerker warriors in under ~20 seconds that use healing signet. Triple stance also? A bit longer. But no longer than any other zerker class with 3 defensive utilities.

And as a warrior and necro, once bezerker stance is down you can 100-0 a warrior in a fear lock (corrupt stability)

Maybe get better

Who’s talking about zerker warriors specifically? Why are you getting so specific, unless you’d have trouble defending your position in other, more common scenario’s. Maybe you should learn how to objectively look at things rather than blindly defend the things you like about your class with little thought on what actually works.

Also, you haven’t really touched on my point about counterplay.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

Too much to quote

Maybe get better

Who’s talking about zerker warriors specifically? Why are you getting so specific, unless you’d have trouble defending your position in other, more common scenario’s. Maybe you should learn how to objectively look at things rather than blindly defend the things you like about your class with little thought on what actually works.

Because if you don’t get specific I can’t tell you why or why not you’re wrong. You are basing this off of “feelings” instead of facts apparently. Blindly saying “this is OP but I won’t say when, where, or how” is hardly an argument.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Too much to quote

Maybe get better

Because if you don’t get specific I can’t tell you why or why not you’re wrong. You are basing this off of “feelings” instead of facts apparently. Blindly saying “this is OP but I won’t say when, where, or how” is hardly an argument.

You should read the things I say before attempting to quote me. I’ve said (repeatedly, in multiple, different posts) that I don’t feel Healing signet is OP. I’ve also stated I don’t feel comfortable calling Healing signet + Cleansing Ire + Adrenal health OP, just that it is probably something that should be looked at. Warriors who choose sustain builds (not zerker, cause that’s just silly with healing sig) have insane survivability because cleansing ire locks out all counterplay to high passive healing. Where they’re standing, or who they’re fighting, or how many people they are fighting has some impact, but not much (its mostly dependant on whether or not there is a necro there to overwhelm the warrior with conditions) – Cleansing Ire dropping 2-3 conditions every 7-10 seconds makes it almost impossible to keep poison up (unless you have a condition spam class fighting with you), which is potentially a problem. How much more specific can I get?

in Warrior

Fenrir.5493

Why dont you explain to me sir, you seem to know some kind of SECRET im not aware off, so please by any means show me the light because as it is right now im only seing that you are runing away for not having anything to say about this matter.

Its incredibly hard to convince the ignorant of their ignorance. I have neither the time or patience to attempt it.

In addition, while I know the basics of most warrior specs, I’m certainly not qualified to give you the level of hand holding you obviously require to lead you to what has been an obvious conclusion for most warriors over the entirety of the past month. I could post my Hammer – M/S warrior build when I get home – I’m sure it’s not the best it could be, but it certainly works fairly well for someone who’s never played warrior before last month (me).

It’s hardly a secret – 9/10 warriors you run into are running healing signet. Some are better than others, but the ones that are good are very obviously powerful. Like I’ve repeatedly said, Healing signet isn’t really an issue IMO. Healing signet + adrenal healing + Cleansing ire is in question as far as I’m concerned, and even then, I’m not prepared to claim its crazy OP, just something that warrants looking in to.

So you have no arguments and everyone that dont agrees with you dosent know how to play, by the way i love how you stealth insult people when you clearly have no evidence and arguments of the things that you are claiming.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

Too much to quote

Maybe get better

You should read the things I say before attempting to quote me. I’ve said (repeatedly, in multiple, different posts) that I don’t feel Healing signet is OP. I’ve also stated I don’t feel comfortable calling Healing signet + Cleansing Ire + Adrenal health OP, just that it is probably something that should be looked at. Warriors who choose sustain builds (not zerker, cause that’s just silly with healing sig) have insane survivability because cleansing ire locks out all counterplay to high passive healing. Where they’re standing, or who they’re fighting, or how many people they are fighting has some impact, but not much (its mostly dependant on whether or not there is a necro there to overwhelm the warrior with conditions) – Cleansing Ire dropping 2-3 conditions every 7-10 seconds makes it almost impossible to keep poison up (unless you have a condition spam class fighting with you), which is potentially a problem. How much more specific can I get?

there are 3 possible builds that don’t include zerker amulet, the only one I didn’t go over was a shaman’s condi build. Yeah it’s really strong 1v1 and under rated actually. But, if you go sword/sword you are still an easy target to get bursted in team fights. If you go sword/shield your damage is barely worth mentioning.

How can you complain about Ire, when, you have to LAND your attack to proc it compared to EMP bond on ranger – passive 3 condi removals per 10 seconds. Guardians remove 1 every 10 seconds + can remove another 7 condis every 25 seconds. Eles remove 1 every 5 seconds. Thieves can remove condis in stealth, hide in shadows removes condis, and infiltrators strike removes condis on no cooldown. Engineers can remove ~8 condis every ~30 seconds. All on par, better, or pretty close to ire… that do not require you to run a specific weapon to use.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

Its incredibly hard to convince the ignorant of their ignorance. I have neither the time or patience to attempt it.

In addition, while I know the basics of most warrior specs, I’m certainly not qualified to give you the level of hand holding you obviously require to lead you to what has been an obvious conclusion for most warriors over the entirety of the past month. I could post my Hammer – M/S warrior build when I get home – I’m sure it’s not the best it could be, but it certainly works fairly well for someone who’s never played warrior before last month (me).

It’s hardly a secret – 9/10 warriors you run into are running healing signet. Some are better than others, but the ones that are good are very obviously powerful. Like I’ve repeatedly said, Healing signet isn’t really an issue IMO. Healing signet + adrenal healing + Cleansing ire is in question as far as I’m concerned, and even then, I’m not prepared to claim its crazy OP, just something that warrants looking in to.

So you have no arguments and everyone that dont agrees with you dosent know how to play, by the way i love how you stealth insult people when you clearly have no evidence and arguments of the things that you are claiming.

I’ve had multiple arguments. You just don’t like them, so you’ve chosen to ignore them. As I’ve said, go hop on the warrior forums and talk about how “useless” healing signet is and see how they feel about the subject, I’ve got nothing more to offer you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

Look at all of the children trying to out-wit one another. Stop trying so hard to prove your points, no one gives a kitten about each-others opinion. Make a topic/reply stating nothing but statistics and move on.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

there are 3 possible builds that don’t include zerker amulet, the only one I didn’t go over was a shaman’s condi build. Yeah it’s really strong 1v1 and under rated actually. But, if you go sword/sword you are still an easy target to get bursted in team fights. If you go sword/shield your damage is barely worth mentioning.

How can you complain about Ire, when, you have to LAND your attack to proc it compared to EMP bond on ranger – passive 3 condi removals per 10 seconds. Guardians remove 1 every 10 seconds + can remove another 7 condis every 25 seconds. Eles remove 1 every 5 seconds. Thieves can remove condis in stealth, hide in shadows removes condis, and infiltrators strike removes condis on no cooldown. Engineers can remove ~8 condis every ~30 seconds. All on par, better, or pretty close to ire… that do not require you to run a specific weapon to use.

How does one “Miss” combustive shot?

In the current meta, with the plethora of pets running around, it’s very hard to not hit anything with Earthshaker.

One of the common complaints about skull crack is how its animation is very hard to read and its instant cast, meaning it’s fairly easy to land.

Pin down is a 3s immobilize, which makes landing a burst skill trivial.

How is cleansing ire tied to “a specific weapon” – any burst skill activates cleansing Ire.

All of those classes don’t have access to passive regen in the same manner as some current warrior builds do, or else they too would be included in the discussion.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Warrior

dejay.2598

In the current meta, with the plethora of pets running around, it’s very hard to not hit anything with Earthshaker.

One of the common complaints about headcrack is how its animation is very hard to read and its instant cast, meaning it’s fairly easy to land.

How is cleansing ire tied to “a specific weapon” – any burst skill activates cleansing Ire.

All of those classes don’t have access to passive regen in the same manner as some current warrior builds do, or else they too would be included in the discussion.

tell me more about the 3 weapon set warrior build

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

One of the common complaints about headcrack is how its animation is very hard to read and its instant cast, meaning it’s fairly easy to land.

tell me more about the 3 weapon set warrior build

You’ll note the separate lines to denote separate examples.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Counter-play-Poison-and-Stability/first#post2755937

Learn to use Poison.

HS is Fine.

This thread has nothing to deal with SPVP, please move to Warrior forum.

Also merge topic with others.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

30/30/30/30/30 Warriors with 4 weapon sets are hard to kill.

in Warrior

evilapprentice.6379

As far as I can tell (and I admit, gw2skills.net may be wrong), 0/0/20/0/0 is enough to get you Adrenal Health AND Cleansire Ire….

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

As far as I can tell (and I admit, gw2skills.net may be wrong), 0/0/20/0/0 is enough to get you Adrenal Health AND Cleansire Ire….

Cleansing Ire isn’t immune to blinds.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Here I’ll debunk this whole thread real quick :

Healing signet op? No. What you’re complaining about is the combination of healing sig + cleansing ire + bezerkers stance + adrenal health + cc in the same spec

Is all this in fact over the top? Not really. The main reason you feel like it survives so long is because the meta is condi pressure + bunkers. If the meta went back to straight burst; healing signet would be garbage with a zerker amulet. The reality of it is the effective HPS is not that much higher than surge and is much more vulnerable to poison.

Oh, you play thief and not a condi/bunker? I’ll tell you why you think it’s OP. You have spent so much time relying on resetting the fight, stealth abusing, and stalling in 1v1s that by the time you reopen healing signet has a warrior back to full health. Where as otherwise once we pop surge, you have a 30 second window to recover and burst again. Every time you kite us, we regen. But honestly? unless you are contested in a small area, a thief SHOULD still win a 1v1 vs hammer/longbow. Other specs? That’s a different debate. The reason you saw caed losing those fights was because he was in the fire field 90% of the time trying to contest the point, and he obviously had no idea how to fight the spec. Honestly even before the warrior buffs any thief that stands in the fire field the entire time will lose 100% of the time unless he gibs him in 5 seconds.

You want to cry about skull crack into 100b? Yeah, sure, it’s a pretty good 1v1 spec – especially against the meta. You know why? Because rangers don’t run stun breaks. Because it’s DESIGNED to beat necros, and even then the warrior can still be outplayed. The most important part? IT SUCKS in team fights, between stun breaks (even if only 1), aoe stability, random blind/dodges you can be useless for 20+ seconds which we all know is a huge amount of time in a 3v3/4v4+. It does not have the survivability either, because cleansing ire won’t be landing.

Want to cry about pure stunlock? Again, it can shut down a lot of classes 1v1.. but it also losses to a lot of classes 1v1 still. It’s team fighting is good, but I wouldn’t say broken. It still has weaknesses, as in it depends on other classes to dps anything that isn’t glass cannon in a team fight. It has low mobility. Once again you are left useless for the first 10 seconds of a team fight against stability. Smart teams can bait the warriors cooldowns, swap, then swap back and literally instagig the warrior with no escapes after block/zerker.

Oh but it’s just god mode easy cheesy anyone can play it though!

Yeah, that’s why I have to turn off guildwars2pvp stream because every jokester “pvp allstar” thinks they can log on a warrior and be amazing. Yet, watching them play they land a few 2-3k damage skills and say OH MY GAWWWD SO MUCH DAMAGE. They stun once or twice GOD MODE. They fight HORRIBLE other players and beat them and say OH MY GOD THIS CLASS IS GOD SO OP SO MUCH REGEN..

Then… I watch them get gibbed by someone decent. I watch them fumble around and lose a stacked team fight because they didn’t contribute. I watch them not know when to engage. I watch them not know how to escape. I watch them basically doing what you say, and because it’s vs bad people or in a big team fight they assume WARRIOR GOD MODE. I even watched one fight another warrior that was keyboard turning, showed up with a health advantage, and still almost lost until he got back up.

Then…

they log onto their necro and stack up every condi in 5 seconds, corrupt boon stability. Log on their eng and lob nades from 1500 range. Log on their rangers and spam dodge until their procs kill the other player. Log on their thief and spam 3-1-3-3-F1-3-3

The point is, it’s just kitten fotm reroll at every obstacle people crying about this. Mostly rangers and necros.

For what it’s worth, I’d gladly remove zerker stance completely if you rework protection to effect ALL damage sources by 15% and change autoattack burning procs to something active

This Thread.

Please give us 50% Uptime of Protection, more access to Weakness, passive condition removal and perma-vigor.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Daecollo, give it up. The balance team said during the Warrior livestream that they WANT Warrior sustain to be regen based and that protection would remain the Guardian’s forte. Almost all of your changes would make Warrior a clone of other classes.

So, I wrote a small wall of text but it refused to save it for some reason so I’m going to shorten it up.

Healing Signet and the traits often taken with it is only strong because of what the current meta is. The majority of most Warrior builds place a lot of emphasis on countering conditions. Healing Signet and Cleansing Ire are made totally worthless by non-condition power builds. Just because players do not currently choose to run those builds does not mean that counters do not exist.

It seems that many players want to be able to run a build that will always have a fair chance at beating any other builds, but the game isn’t designed in that way. It’s good that hard counters for certain builds exist because that means that whatever comes into the meta has something specialized to stop it. Look at Spirit Rangers, most consider them to be too strong but they are typically wrecked by any decent Warrior due to their lack of stun breaks and Zerker Stance allowing the Warrior to gain an early lead. If more Warriors start being used in PvP it doesn’t matter so much that the Ranger is strong because they’ll never get to do anything with a Warrior around. This allows the players to shape the meta rather than going to the devs and demanding a nerf (although according to Johnathan Sharp the Spirit build is going to be “shaved”).

So I’ll ask you this, if you hate the meta why are you demanding a nerf for something that allows for teams to bring a hard counter to the table? Not to mention that there are builds that hard counter the Warrior as well, especially certain Mesmer and Thief builds. If you are tired of losing to these builds then adapt your build so that you can counter your counter. We the players should be taking the initiative and try to change the meta, something that may not have been possible earlier but is definitely a possibility now.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Healing Signet is fine.

Lets compare Healing Signet…

Pros
High Regen Healing (~400/second)
Passive has no Cast Time or interrupt
Starts healing immediately upon damage

Cons
Low Spike Healing (~3.3k) which disables regen
Active has a long Cast Time (1.25 seconds), easy to interrupt
Poison cancels and cripples the entire signet

….to Healing Surge……

Pros
Good HP/S (~333)
High Spike Healing (~10k)
Can be used to provide adrenaline instead

Cons
Moderately long CD
Poison can cripple if not removed first
Need to manage adrenaline to maximize effect

….and Mending

Pros
Removes 3 Conditions
Short cooldown (20s)
Effectively immune to Poison

Cons
Lowest HP/S value (~280)

It looks pretty well balanced, doesnt it? One regen heal, one spike heal, one condition heal. What’s the issue?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

^ I agree that devs did a good job in healing abilities. On top of that trained mending can cure up 7 conditions at once.. A condi cleanse on 20sec.. Do we have to ask for more?

in Warrior

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

So I’ll ask you this, if you hate the meta why are you demanding a nerf for something that allows for teams to bring a hard counter to the table?

winner winner chicken dinner

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

8000 heal on 20 second cooldown, yea that is so overpowered. Oh my gosh, that it ain’t nerfed yet!

No seriously, apply poison and be done with it. Healing signet is a decent heal, nothing to strong and nothing to weak. And Anet knows it and wont change it. Learn to counter specific abilities or you wont kill anything.

Same with greatsword-mace/shield, yea it was really strong a few weeks ago when it was new. But now people know what it does and how to counter. It ain’t overpowered.

Warrior is fine now, just use your brain and you can kill one. I killed them on my engi/necro and guardian. Nothing special.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

8000 heal on 20 second cooldown, yea that is so overpowered. Oh my gosh, that it ain’t nerfed yet!

No seriously, apply poison and be done with it. Healing signet is a decent heal, nothing to strong and nothing to weak. And Anet knows it and wont change it. Learn to counter specific abilities or you wont kill anything.

Same with greatsword-mace/shield, yea it was really strong a few weeks ago when it was new. But now people know what it does and how to counter. It ain’t overpowered.

Warrior is fine now, just use your brain and you can kill one. I killed them on my engi/necro and guardian. Nothing special.

7840. It is 392.

Use a Stun Break and get out of that stun and they cannot critical you. Use poison and burst, it effects this ability more then it does other healing abilities.

/agreed.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)