fractal 40+ build please

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Just need some help putting together a solid build
For high lvl fractal. My main is a guard almost 2k hrs I’m very new to warr just giving it a try.
Maybe even a good roaming wvw build as well.
Thanks

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

30/30/0/0/10
Axe/Mace or Axe/Sword
is the highest DPS build for warriors in PvE right now.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

My warrior is my main, so I run a bunch of different builds in high level fractals.

If you want the best all around solution I would suggest greatsword/longbow. Something like (0/30/25/0/15) works well as DPS focused or (0/20/20/30/0) for offensive support.

The new Phalanx Strength trait is amazing and the clear way to use it is via greatsword with the all important Forceful Greatsword trait. Throw in Runes of Strength and perhaps even a Sigil of Strength to make it more potent.

I really don’t think axe is up to snuff without going overboard with offensive specs. Greatsword allows for much more utility. However, if you want to go that route you can shun defense and run (30/20/0/0/20). This spread is for Berserker’s Power/Critical Burst/Sharpened Axes.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

atm war have 3 build all full zerker ofc

6/5/0/0/3 GS and axe-mace
6/6/0/0/2 axe-sword and axe-mace
4/6/0/4/0 axe-sword and axe-mace

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

My warrior is my main, so I run a bunch of different builds in high level fractals.

If you want the best all around solution I would suggest greatsword/longbow. Something like (0/30/25/0/15) works well as DPS focused or (0/20/20/30/0) for offensive support.

The new Phalanx Strength trait is amazing and the clear way to use it is via greatsword with the all important Forceful Greatsword trait. Throw in Runes of Strength and perhaps even a Sigil of Strength to make it more potent.

I really don’t think axe is up to snuff without going overboard with offensive specs. Greatsword allows for much more utility. However, if you want to go that route you can shun defense and run (30/20/0/0/20). This spread is for Berserker’s Power/Critical Burst/Sharpened Axes.

These builds are not the meta, or anything close to it. No offense but you don’t really seem to know what you’re talking about so using advertising words like “best solution”, “amazing”, “all important” is misleading to people who don’t know better. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Edit
Use this video to determine which build you want to use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzwwpdBys14
Or this one which is way more indepth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJsQ4m05vE

If you want a WvW warrior build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Erh84Oic0

It might be a bit outdated but it should do the job.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

(edited by Tree.3916)

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: BandAid.9720

BandAid.9720

Awesome thanks. I’ll try a few different ones and see what I like best.
Rune of strength would it be a good choice?

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

These builds are not the meta, or anything close to it. No offense but you don’t really seem to know what you’re talking about so using advertising words like “best solution”, “amazing”, “all important” is misleading to people who don’t know better. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that this thread was for posting builds that random player named ‘Tree’ decides is meta and has youtube links for. LoL.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

Awesome thanks. I’ll try a few different ones and see what I like best.
Rune of strength would it be a good choice?

With the update, it’s a solid choice if you’re doing any kind of might stacking. Don’t rely on the rune’s proc alone for might.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Tree.3916

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that this thread was for posting builds that random player named ‘Tree’ decides is meta and has youtube links for. LoL.

Apology accepted. I tried to be as nice as possible pointing out that your build ideas are bad and you don’t know what you’re talking about. Again, just so we’re all clear, your build suggestions are bad and the fact you gussy them up with adjectives to make them sound good is deceptive and blatant misinformation.

And who I am or am not isn’t relevant if the information I provide is correct and accurate.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

Apology accepted. I tried to be as nice as possible pointing out that your build ideas are bad and you don’t know what you’re talking about. Again, just so we’re all clear, your build suggestions are bad and the fact you gussy them up with adjectives to make them sound good is deceptive and blatant misinformation.

And who I am or am not isn’t relevant if the information I provide is correct and accurate.

Oh wow, and so humble. That’ll win you fans. I’m just curious though, if you act pretentious enough to you start to believe your own spiel?

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

The thing is, Tree is right about the meta currently. Those builds are all the current meta builds.

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

The thing is, Tree is right about the meta currently. Those builds are all the current meta builds.

No, the point is the OP is not asking for what some niche group of people think is meta. They’re asking for build suggestions for high level fractals. Now, I realize that the end of the world may arrive if said youtube builds are not used by as many random forum people as humanly possible.. so for the sake humanity, I will stop arguing about this.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Tree.3916

I don’t think the OP said he was looking for mediocre builds. Usually when people solicit advice they are looking for the best advice. So I linked him to the best builds.

As far as you’re concerned, I would have ignored your bad builds entirely without comment except you threw in obnoxious buzzwords to make them sound entirely better than they really are. If you’re going to say a medicore build is “the best solution” don’t be surprised when people tell you you’re wrong.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

I don’t think the OP said he was looking for mediocre builds. Usually when people solicit advice they are looking for the best advice. So I linked him to the best builds.

As far as you’re concerned, I would have ignored your bad builds entirely without comment except you threw in obnoxious buzzwords to make them sound entirely better than they really are. If you’re going to say a medicore build is “the best solution” don’t be surprised when people tell you you’re wrong.

Actually, I said that I think greatsword/longbow(no particular build) is the “best solution” for high end fractals. I did not say that my build choices are Tree.3916’s preference for meta warrior builds and that Tree.3916 would say they are his best build choices. It’s also amusing that you think I would care how you feel about said builds, but since you care so much I’ll add that the feeling is mutual.

Also, the OP, did not ask for Tree.3916’s choice of meta warrior builds. I would gather the OP does not care how much of an expert you think you are on the topic and would more or less like to see some suggestions to tool around with.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

Actually, I said that I think greatsword/longbow(no particular build) is the “best solution” for high end fractals. I did not say that my build choices are Tree.3916’s preference for meta warrior builds and that Tree.3916 would say they are his best build choices. It’s also amusing that you think I would care how you feel about said builds, but since you care so much I’ll add that the feeling is mutual.

Also, the OP, did not ask for Tree.3916’s choice of meta warrior builds. I would gather the OP does not care how much of an expert you think you are on the topic and would more or less like to see some suggestions to tool around with.

Sir, can you please stop…you’re just being hypocritical. You’re saying your build is the best and that the ones Tree posted are not.
Now, then I’m gonna say this. Meta builds are probably the best way, for someone new to the class, to actually learn how to play the class. So, giving the OP meta builds is actually a great option for someone to do. So, +1 for Tree.

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

Sir, can you please stop…you’re just being hypocritical. You’re saying your build is the best and that the ones Tree posted are not.

Really? Where did I say that?

Now, then I’m gonna say this. Meta builds are probably the best way, for someone new to the class, to actually learn how to play the class. So, giving the OP meta builds is actually a great option for someone to do. So, +1 for Tree.

LoL. We don’t even have a proper PvX wiki for vetted community meta builds. Too few people take this game that seriously. Imagine if you had some means of surveying what every warrior in game was running build-wise for high end fractals or, since that can hardly be meta in the general sense, the entire game. I would wager none of the aforementioned builds(mine included), or close variants there of, would show up as the mode.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

Actually, I said that I think greatsword/longbow(no particular build) is the “best solution” for high end fractals.

Here’s an example.

And no, we don’t have a wiki for it, but we have forums for it. Many of these meta builds come from a guild that runs dungeons daily (DnT). Their builds are shared through the forums by the community. Hence the reason why 3 people, including myself, have stated that these builds are the meta.

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

Actually, I said that I think greatsword/longbow(no particular build) is the “best solution” for high end fractals.

Here’s an example.

I know you might have to strain, but the I in “I think” is in bold. That’s because I wanted to emphasize that this is my opinion, as stated in the original post. I did not say it was Tree.3916’s opinion or the entire GW2 community’s opinion.

And no, we don’t have a wiki for it, but we have forums for it. Many of these meta builds come from a guild that runs dungeons daily (DnT). Their builds are shared through the forums by the community. Hence the reason why 3 people, including myself, have stated that these builds are the meta.

Well I think that’s great that DnT has a community amongst a forum somewhere. It’s good that people collaborate and decide on builds they think are best, but that does not make them anywhere close to being meta. Furthermore, that does not mean they’re the only build choices.

I have even more advice to yield. If you want to substantiate that your builds are meta(not that it makes it a certainty for choice or suggestion), you and your friends should follow the model of PvXwiki—a formerly amazing website from the GW1 community. The remnants of it can be found on curse.com. If anything it would make the build conversation more interesting, not that I’m not entirely entertained by this thread.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

Sure, go ahead and tell me more about how your builds are better than the rest of the community’s. #sarcasm
But really dude…you just don’t get it. These builds are called meta, because the MAJORITY of the profession’s community agrees that they are the most viable atm.
Take this thread as an example 3 out of the 4 people agree upon the same builds. Now, if you were new to a profession would you choose the build that 1 single guy posted or the one that 3 other people said is really good?

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

But really dude…you just don’t get it. These builds are called meta, because the MAJORITY of the profession’s community agrees that they are the most viable atm.
Take this thread as an example 3 out of the 4 people agree upon the same builds. Now, if you were new to a profession would you choose the build that 1 single guy posted or the one that 3 other people said is really good?

The builds are called meta because 3 out of 4 people agree on this thread?

Here I was thinking it meant the builds are the most prolific at a given moment. Prove the builds are that and I’m sold on the notion. Show me the extent of this “profession community” and you might sway me to believe that the builds being meta is probable. Attempt to convince me there’s no alternative to your build choices through argument and maybe change my way of thinking.

As for a passerby or a poster drawing judgment from this thread, why would I care? I offered up some suggestions for the OP. If the stars align just right and I’m browsing the forums while someone else asks for similar advice, I might just post again.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

i never really cared for meta builds. personally i like supporting the party so i run a might stacking build in fractals 49/50
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQNAncTj8cU7ZnHWeQHaAw8YogKSpYO3SKQjMA-zACBYfCikFQUGAUBgZmFRjtypIas6aYKXER1kCochRA-e
if there’s another warrior running empower then i’ll take out 10 in tactics and put it into discipline for heightened focus. if i’m the only warrior i’ll probably run double banners.

also lol @ pve elitism. pve is easy as kitten. you could run a cleric condi necro and still win. get over yourselves.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

Here I was thinking it meant the builds are the most prolific at a given moment. Prove the builds are that and I’m sold on the notion. Show me the extent of this “profession community” and you might sway me to believe that the builds being meta is probable. Attempt to convince me there’s no alternative to your build choices through argument and maybe change my way of thinking.

As for a passerby or a poster drawing judgment from this thread, why would I care? I offered up some suggestions for the OP. If the stars align just right and I’m browsing the forums while someone else asks for similar advice, I might just post again.

Okay dude…first off that was an example, get your head out of your kitten man!
I’m not saying your build isn’t viable. I’m saying that the builds Tree had posted are the MOST viable! Many people run these builds making them the meta! Now, you need to kitten, b/c you’re kittening annoying.

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

mooty.4560

I’m not saying your build isn’t viable. I’m saying that the builds Tree had posted are the MOST viable! Many people run these builds making them the meta! Now, you need to kitten, b/c you’re kittening annoying.

Sometimes in life it’s a lot easier to just relax and accept that people have different perspectives and trains of thought on matters that are very subjective. In fact, it’s more than just easier, it’s preferable.

If I was up in arms about everything that I didn’t agree with, I’d be too angry to post on GW2’s forums. Worse yet, I might delude myself into thinking someone is sugar coating their builds with hyperbole and I find their builds inferior thus I must make an arrogant kitten of myself. Afterward, I would discuss my day with my wife and bring up this heresy, to which my wife might answer with divorce papers. Later I can think of my actions and decide I upheld justice and truth in this all important matter of life and death.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

there are many builds in this game where you can say, “yes, i prefer build A over build B, neither is better than the other objectively but i prefer build A because it uses this weapon i like”

however when it comes to these so called “meta” builds, they are optimized for DPS. which means if you want to do the most damage for your party, then these builds are objectively the better ones to use. they are better because they do more dps, you can backup this claim with theorycrafting and the math that goes behind it.

sure no one is forcing you to use the builds, but if you want to do the most damage, then you’re just plain ignorant if you choose not to use them.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Syde.5961

Sometimes in life it’s a lot easier to just relax and accept that people have different perspectives and trains of thought on matters that are very subjective. In fact, it’s more than just easier, it’s preferable.

If I was up in arms about everything that I didn’t agree with, I’d be too angry to post on GW2’s forums. Worse yet, I might delude myself into thinking someone is sugar coating their builds with hyperbole and I find their builds inferior thus I must make an arrogant kitten of myself. Afterward, I would discuss my day with my wife and bring up this heresy, to which my wife might answer with divorce papers. Later I can think of my actions and decide I upheld justice and truth in this all important matter of life and death.

Dude….I’m not downing your build, I’m supporting the builds that were called meta that you’ve been declining this whole time…so please…sir please, just no

Stormbluff Isle

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

30/30/0/10/0 Axe/x + LB is what I have use for fract lately.

For roaming build you can try s/s + gs 0 25 30 0 15 its a mobility build that will let you take camps/dolys easy

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I’ve been using a might stacking build with Phalanx lately with excellent results

Zerker GS/LB might on swap, might on crit, bloodlust and fire sigil. Zerker armor and Cavalier trinkets with Runes of Strength, on this setup you can easily surpass the 3.5k power mark

traits 0/5/0/6/3 if I remember corectly, those last 3 points are for sprint and faster wep swap just as a QoL thing, you could invest them in a diferent trait lane.

Also, guys please stop with the whole “meta” thing, not using a meta build doesn’t make you useless, even more, there are non-meta builds that end up making the whole party stronger surpassing that way the extra damage you could get from the meta build.

(edited by korelg.7862)

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: StaniMorell.2681

StaniMorell.2681

the only build for warrior is 6 5 0 0 3 with a/m gs, mayby changes on tactic 20 only if 1-2 eles in goupe for fgs.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Tree.3916

And the rest of the community of people who care about optimizing their builds.

What sort of proof would you accept? You could go to gwscr, look at all the dungeon speed clear records and watch what builds the people are running. It would be fairly clear that there is a general consensus among what the best build(s) are for every profession.

I anticipate your response will be, “that’s a tiny niche yadda yadda pvx wiki not what the general community would consider meta.” My pre-emptory response is that the overwhelming majority of players in gw2 are total casuals who don’t care at all about running efficient builds (and that was true in gw1 as well despite the existence of pvx) so basing what is “meta” off people who don’t care about running meta builds is a dubious decision. The meta is established by the people who care about efficiency and min/max, so regardless of whether you want that to be true or not, it is.

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

For roaming build you can try s/s + gs 0 25 30 0 15 its a mobility build that will let you take camps/dolys easy

You shouldn’t be ranging in fractals (with the exception of a very few bosses) you shouldn’t build around having a LB. The best set up to run is axe/mace+ axe/sword its almost full offense (with one block) only pull the LB out when you’re party decides to range a boss (which once again they shouldn’t do most of the time). If you range in high level fractals while everyone melees that would earn a swift kick from me.

The Sickest Guild NA

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Nah axe/x + LB is a beast you can use the bow for pulls do 10-15k damage before the fight starts at melee range it a lot better then some offhand sword and I never run fractals were some noob pugs have open so I in no danger getting kicked xD

fractal 40+ build please

in Warrior

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

You shouldn’t be ranging in fractals (with the exception of a very few bosses) you shouldn’t build around having a LB. The best set up to run is axe/mace+ axe/sword its almost full offense (with one block) only pull the LB out when you’re party decides to range a boss (which once again they shouldn’t do most of the time). If you range in high level fractals while everyone melees that would earn a swift kick from me.

not really, there are some situations on where range is the smarter way to play, for example killing the ascalonian guys at the central plaza before the boss, the Fire shaman boss, the colossus boss and there are other situations that I don’t remember right now

remember kids, alive DPS > dead DPS