greatswords kitten

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: proted.8395

proted.8395

I’ve made it to lvl 14 with a warrior and realized that greatswords are better than ANY other option and i’ve tryed all of them
its even better at being defensive cuz you’re taking out your enemys really fast and without a scratch
maybe im just at a very low lvl and cant really decide?

its driving me crazy cuz i really want to play 1h and a shield but doing that would just be dumb considering the fact that i can clean much faster with a gratsword and stay with the same amout of hp

thanks

(edited by proted.8395)

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sword is more about hybrid or condition damage.

GS damage-wise is superior for power builds.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

did you know that axe does more damage than greatsword? GS mainly offers self-buffing with forceful GS and an extra evade/burst into wall with whirlwind attack. pure axe does more damage but lacks those positives and for some is very boring.

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Axe is best

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

proted.8395

ok, fair enough, but is it even vaiable to play with a shield? should o even consider it?

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

It’s viable, it’s not the best but it’s viable. An axe would be the best weapon to pair with it due to the auto-attack basically being a non stop Hundred Blades. People usually pair axe with a mace though for the extra vulnerability

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

my final thrust says hi to ur face with 10k damage and to 2 of ur friends also

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

proted.8395

its legitimatly makes me sad that there is like one or two weapons that are the best while the rest are pretty much usless

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: AttackAttack.8917

AttackAttack.8917

No weapon is useless it just a matter of how efficient the weapons are. Each weapon is going to excel in different areas of the game (pvp, pve).

For example – In PVE the GS shines, mobs will run to you and stack so you can just 100b them down.

[sF] Select Few – Fort Aspenwood
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/attack__attack/profile

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

A lot of people already said this, but yeah. Axe mainhand is a solid choice if you’re intent on doing 1hander and shield.

MH (mainhand)Axe is really good: Axe provides solid DPS, Adrenaline generation, and a ranged Cripple. It’s burst skill, Eviscerate, is devastatingly powerful.

OF (offhand) Shield is also good, it provides an interrupt or easy setup for Eviscerate, and a nice long block.

OF Mace is also good, a ranged, line, knockdown. Again, perfect for setting yourself up to easily land Evis or Interrupting a heal at close range.

Alternatively, Sword is also a really good 1hander choice, except it’s auto-attack is not power based at all. It’s condition based. Final Thrust is power based, which makes it a sorta bicurious weapon.

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

my final thrust says hi to ur face with 10k damage and to 2 of ur friends also

Well, too bad I won’t be there to see it landing.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

greatswords kitten

in Warrior

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Mainhand axe with offhand mace is great for PvE. Pair that with GS if you like it or go with a ranged weapon such as longbow or rifle. You can take that with you all the way to 80. None of that is suggested for WvW though – PvE only.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)