hammer nerf

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

anet you’re doing it wrong. The problem isnt the dmg with hammer its the stuns. Make the stun skills share a mini cooldown if one is activated but keep the dmg the same. This way it wont be spammable. Same can be done for other weapons that have more then 1 stun in their skills.

For example,
If i use backbreaker then my staggering/f1 go on a 3 second cooldown. While the backbreaker goes on normal cooldown.
On mace/shield its same deal. I use skull crack then my shield bash and 3 skill go on cooldown.

This will be the most fairest way to do this nerf. Because if the dmg is nerfed then you are destroying a weapon the non stun abusers use. Just implement a stun cooldown so it cannot be spammed.

A weapon shouldnt be nerfed according to what it can do in a zerg, because if balance was done that way we would be hitting each other with flowers and rainbows.

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

no. it’s definitely the damage. maintaining the ability to cc gives warriors a clear role in team fights if you go hammer build.

if you nerfed the stun and kept damage, there would be plenty of other classes who would do the warrior’s job much better.

and you’re thinking one dimensionally by saying that stun skills can share mini cool down. what about mace skills? if i’m running mace/shield (which i do for my tpvp) i’m basically screwed then. other builds shouldn’t suffer as a result of the hammer build being op.

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

As Jae said, it is the damage.

Earthshakers are hitting for 4k+ plus a 2 second stun in an aoe every 7 seconds.

Hammer was a control weapon, which is why it had the stuns/knockbacks.

Greatsword/axe are damaging weapons, so really very little cc.

You see the reasoning?

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

Have you seen the cooldowns on the hammer CC skills. The f1 you can get off every 10 seconds and 7 if you go all the way into 30 in discipline. Stun warriors are the reason for mace and hammer getting nerfed and you are promoting that. If the f1 and 4 do less dmg why would you bother using unless for getting someone off a teammate. Hammer would become a support weapon rather then what people used to use it for.

Mace/shield is a defensive set with 3 stuns. The stuns need nerfing not the damage. If you wanted to do dmg you have to put points into zerker traits.

So you spend 30 in discpline to get your 7 second earthshakers. Now if you want them to do dmg you will have to put points in strength and if you want to make hammer skills have a smaller CD you have to put 20 into defense. And your gear will have to be mostly zerker or assassins so you can crit and do dmg. You will be a free kill to someone with a brain.

You have to give up so much in order to make hammer do dmg. If you nerf the stuns then people would’nt go zerker and abuse the hammer stuns knowing they wont be hit much. The over all dps would be lower if ppl stopped using hammer in zerker builds to abuse the stuns. Do you not see that?

Mace/shield needs a giant nerf because no weapon should be able to stun for a whole 4 second stun 1 second daze and 2 blocks. Now if you put the stuns in a mini cooldown of 3 seconds then all you are left with is auto atk and 2 blocks.

Jae mace/shield will be fine if the cooldown is implemented. No set should have the power to keep stunning. You wouldnt be screwd unless all you used mace/shield was for 3 stuns and 2 blocks and never hit auto atk. Because if you did that then cooldown nerf is will be working right. No other class has this many stuns so no other class will still be better then the warrior at CC.

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

if you nerf the dmg you wont be doing anything to hurt hammer. The stuns will still be there and you will get killed by the auto. It wont matter to the zerker hammer stun warriors because they will still be able to CC like no skill players.

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I don’t think that putting a nerf on the CC a warrior can achieve is a good idea.

After all, you do that and Warrior is pigeonholed into doing damage.

Hammer having good CC but average damage is the way it should be. Currently, if you manage to get off Earthshaker, Staggering Blow and Backbreaker, the total damage is only trumped by 100 blades. But with the support from Merciless Hammer, it actually has ~10% less damage.

(edited by Olba.5376)

hammer nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Let’s compare Backbreaker and earthshaker:

Backbreaker – 24 seconds traited, single target, 2 second knockdown, goes on full cooldown if you miss. 554 damage. 130 range.

Earthshaker – 7 seconds traited, aoe, 600 range, 2 second stun, doesn’t go on full cooldown if you miss, 462 damage.

You can do 3 1/2 earthshakers whilst waiting for backbreaker to be back up.

Earthshaker mechanic means the damage is applied after the stun, so you always activate unsuspecting foe and damage bonus traits.

It’s just a massively better skill. The timer should be the other way around.

Adrenaline is so easy to generate it has turned F1 into a 6th skill with a 7 second cooldown (in hammer builds). Every other class has at least 15 seconds -45 seconds to pull out the F1 equivalents.