help with the warrior equipment (PVE)

in Warrior

Posted by: babyleo.4097

babyleo.4097

hello, appreciate if you could advise on my current equipment build. feel like i have mess up or maybe not. ><

full exotic gear,power,prec,fec with rune of scholar
ascended weapon GS with force and air sigil.
trinket power,prec,fec rune also the same (pow,pre,fec)
rare backpack, pow,pre,fec get from story. (how to get better rarity for this?)

im using strength,berserk,disc specialize.

i feel like weak when fight with VB,those HOT expansion map monster.

appreciate and thank you.

in Warrior

Posted by: gatsu.2813

gatsu.2813

You will get alot of answers for this topic because you are asking how the entire class mechanics work. But to be short, here are a few things you need to work on:

1) You can be damage focus, support focus, or self sustain focus but never all three. You are currently running a standard dmg focus build atm. If you need more healing, you will need to swap defense tree in for rousing resilience (adrenal health and stunbreak heals). If you drop strength you lose a great deal of dmg for gsword and if you drop discipline you lose perma movement speed and quick adrenaline buildup. Instead of telling you which build to stick to, swap thetraits as you go to get the feel of what you need.

2) warrior is a class where stats really matter to push for damage. I highly recommend focusing on completing all ascended trinkets (berserker stats for starters) as it will provide the most stats immediately. I recommend getting access to the living story 3 maps and harvesting their currencies to purchase the trinkets.

3) Use online resources! Metabattle and qtfy.eu are great resources to check up on builds. In addition, join guilds in the game as they help alot with class knowledge and gear progression. Remember, a good guild is one that spends as much time for you as you spend for them.

If you need further help, hit me up ingame^^

-Xushin

in Warrior

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

You could mix in a couple of pieces of Knight Gear (Tough/Power/Prec) to boost up your toughness just a bit, and you really wouldn’t lose too much damage. (I’m not a min/maxer, so its an acceptable trade off to me, but others do not agree…and that’s ok).

Def get those trinkets up to ascended (use Laurels, or farm the new areas as gatsu suggested), and you can get an ascended backpack in any of the new areas with a little work…and don’t sweat how it looks, you can always re-skin it out of the wardrobe.

Here’s what i use most of the time(many variations are possible and I change based on need for what we are doing)…I haven’t gone so far as to get ascended weapons…but it works pretty well, and I am always maxed on Might…and I share that Might with my party. Enjoy! http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJMQNAR3ZnMdAVeg9dA2eAEliFiAzIAEBGAvJ3lb1NZIEEieA-TRTBwA3Ur5xRAosSBa7PYWJ4lDCwVlF7UVAhJGAXAAKPAAU6GKqEDA-e

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Read Warrior 101 (it’s stickied). Personally I don’t see anythign wrong with the build you mentioned. Personally i run a Pure Condi build (Sword/torch, sword Axe, Sinister stats) and don’t even run healing signet and just sort of walk through the game spinning in my fire field.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreddo.9865

Dreddo.9865

Seems like you are a new player so going “full glass” while you are expected to learn the mechanics of your class and the various modes of GW2 might be a frustrating experience.

*Glass means you put all stats in damage

I will also suggest to put some toughness on you (preferably with the trinkets be it rings, accessories, the amulet or even the backpack) and start around 2,5k armor.

Don’t even think of going in World versus World (or WvW) with that set you will be dying like a fly.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

There is no such thing as full glass warrior (only half joking)

PVE mobs are pretty stupid, and in a raid you have the support of yuor team to help out. the new change to warrior are pretty good IMO, but it’s an all around nerf, so what i said about reading Warrior 101…it now needs a rework. sorry to waste your time with that.

in Warrior

babyleo.4097

Seems like you are a new player so going “full glass” while you are expected to learn the mechanics of your class and the various modes of GW2 might be a frustrating experience.

*Glass means you put all stats in damage

I will also suggest to put some toughness on you (preferably with the trinkets be it rings, accessories, the amulet or even the backpack) and start around 2,5k armor.

Don’t even think of going in World versus World (or WvW) with that set you will be dying like a fly.

yea, i try WvW, 3 hit im just gone~, thanks for the comment.

in Warrior

babyleo.4097

thanks for the advise guys, appreciated. will look into it.