Updates on GS

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Why does this weapon need a dmg nerf?

The weapon is already under used in pvp because landing a full 100b is never possible and you have to use some diff skill/weapon to even land some of the hits..

Only the final strike is the same but again you never hit the final strike.

whirlwind dmg nerf… Why? Really dont know why because the damage wassnt high on moving targets.. Real players are not like mobs standing at a wall.. So you can even hit more then 2 hits from whirlwind

And all that for the arcing slice buff?
Damage above 50% is still crap!! And i hate the 50% trigger system. Cant even see if its really 50%
Just like final strike you often just waste your time and now also adrenaline. I dont think this skill buff need tho nerf the dmg on other skill.

If anything i was thinking a dmg nerf on evi or hammer… Not Gs!

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I believe they had to nerf damage because the new arcing slice is so much better than the old one… not that I necessarily agree without trying it for myself.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

New Arcing Slice can deal ~86% of the damage of a full channel Hundred Blades in one hit, and also does it in an AoE around you. That’s a really hefty hit.

The damage nerf of 40% of one (non-final) hit on Hundred Blades and a 5% hit on whirlwind Attack are probably entirely justified.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

It’s more or less an buff in PvP.
Like you said, Hundred Blades isn’t that great in PvP because it’s hard to land the full thing (requires setup/cc/allies assistance). They’ve moved some of it’s damage into Arcing Slice instead, which is much easier to land.
Whirlwind is an evade, so it remain useful even if they move some damage off of it and onto something else.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Taking into account all the changes to GreatSword, IMO it will be a better weapon choice for Warriors in PvP.

I have been playing GreatSword/Longbow warrior for a few months in PvP, and I am really looking forward to the new Arcing Slice. AOE and more damage on targets < 50% health? Yes please

As for the HBlades nerf, if you can get a full HBlades combo on someone in PvP because they just stand there and eat it, you are still going to win after the nerf, because they suck at PvP.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

New Arcing Slice can deal ~86% of the damage of a full channel Hundred Blades in one hit, and also does it in an AoE around you. That’s a really hefty hit.

The damage nerf of 40% of one (non-final) hit on Hundred Blades and a 5% hit on whirlwind Attack are probably entirely justified.

i almost got a heart attack………….. 40% nerf !!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks god i went to Dulfy and its 5% nerf.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

wtf i just created my 2nd gs warrior, fml

Updates on GS

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

Uuh arcing slice is not even close to 50% damage of 100b.. And thats when target is also below 50% health!! above that this skill is just a 1,kitten from AA..

Before arcing slice sucks and now it can be decent.. Still no reason, ZERO reasons tho compensate it in 100b and whirlwind.!

Updates on GS

in Warrior

nicknamenick.2437

And why the SoR nerf…. Again a useless nerf

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Uuh arcing slice is not even close to 50% damage of 100b.. And thats when target is also below 50% health!! above that this skill is just a 1,kitten from AA..

Before arcing slice sucks and now it can be decent.. Still no reason, ZERO reasons tho compensate it in 100b and whirlwind.!

currently 100b is good as a finishing skill, especially the final strike. Other then that most skill are not ad strong unless against wall wwa. New GS AS is a manual final strike.

While you land a successful 100b to a player you are most likely hit him to half dead follow up a AS switch 1h sword with final thurst i can see a good burst after all.

if it is world boss you will sure have a lot of time to deal bonus damage with AS. what so big deal with the 5% damage nerf to 100b and wwa?

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Juba.8406

currently 100b is good as a finishing skill, especially the final strike. Other then that most skill are not ad strong unless against wall wwa. New GS AS is a manual final strike.

While you land a successful 100b to a player you are most likely hit him to half dead follow up a AS switch 1h sword with final thurst i can see a good burst after all.

if it is world boss you will sure have a lot of time to deal bonus damage with AS. what so big deal with the 5% damage nerf to 100b and wwa?

this would be interesting for GS/Sw warriors, although the Flurry>100b combo will be less used since the adrenaline nerf.

the way i see it, “None AoE bursts” are kittened up, especially Axe & Mace.

GS/Hammer and LB are pretty less affected by adrenaline nerf since its an AoE burst.

the way i see it, GreatSword is becoming a Main weapon with no need to switch to other weapons as what used to be before.

as i’m sorta like the change a bit but i feel the GS fell off the Skill based weapons, i mean the hustle you need to go through to setup 100b and such, its gone with Arcing slice buff. < the damage of the GS will be easily achieved.

because of that i foresee that Greatsword will BE GREATLY NERFED some time in the future afterward this patch.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

That is a common misconception. You can see clearly on the tooltip that Arcing Slice has a base damage of 2000 damage on the tooltip while hundred blades has a 3,500 plus an 800-900 final hit on the tooltip. So already there the numbers do not add up.

And in that video only 4 of the hundred blade hits crit.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Doubt they’ll nerf GS further.
Even if damage is shifted a lot to the F1 skill – the way adrenaline has been reworked means you can’t take advantage of it so much that it would become OP.

I’m surprised that almost 2 years into the game they decided to touch the GS.
All in all it would’ve been better if they didn’t do the 4% 100b nerf and 5% WW nerf but the F1 was really needed.

And yes – it’s 4% to the overall damage of 100B since the final strike isn’t touched.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

That is a common misconception. You can see clearly on the tooltip that Arcing Slice has a base damage of 2000 damage on the tooltip while hundred blades has a 3,500 plus an 800-900 final hit on the tooltip. So already there the numbers do not add up.

“Can deal,” not “deals”. Because of the lower chance for 100B to be all crits, Arcing Slice will be more reliable under 50% health.

@Juba: the total damage nerf is 40% of one of the first 8 strikes (5*8=40). That’s actually 4% of the total damage of the skill.

I’m a Geeleiver

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Juba.8406

“Can deal,” not “deals”. Because of the lower chance for 100B to be all crits, Arcing Slice will be more reliable under 50% health.

@Juba: the total damage nerf is 40% of one of the first 8 strikes (5*8=40). That’s actually 4% of the total damage of the skill.

you know you can’t add percentage like that, 5% of every hit = 5% of the total damage.

i freaked out at 1st because this was the 1st post i read about the incoming balance.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

He’s just stating it in a really odd way, like it becomes the equivalent of hitting 7.6 times instead of 8 times (40% of one hit is 5% overall).

No idea why he finds this comparison relevant, especially in pvp where you rarely land all 8 to begin with.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Juba.8406

Greatsword will be a very viable weapon in PvP, i might go so far and say that it will even challenge the reign of the Hambow.

imagine the old school Bull’s Rush > Frenzy > 100b then add…… Arcing Slice > WW > Final Thrust and with 25 might stacks generated from Forceful GS trait,,, that would nuke like hell.

I’m already seeing the QQ and it will not be about just mobility, i think ANet wanted that just to justify nerfing GS, just like what they did with the old Skull cracker build.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Blueskylightdragon.4876

Blueskylightdragon.4876

I’m so glad that they decide to nerf Warrior sometimes. It’s ridiculous to get both strength and mobility (number 4 and 5) in the same time…..but I hope that this nerf and other nerf should be preserve to PvP and WvW. And maybe nerf other skills for PvE instead. (Mace and axe are the first step. I guess.)

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Harper.4173

you know you can’t add percentage like that, 5% of every hit = 5% of the total damage.

i freaked out at 1st because this was the 1st post i read about the incoming balance.

it’s 5% of every hit that’s not the final hit.
Considering the final hit is part of the total dps the dps nerf of the entire skill is 4%.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I like the damage reassignment. It increases reliability on GS, allowing for different utilities to be chosen, and if anything will increase GS’s burst potential. I think this is pretty fair with the adrenaline rework, and now wars aren’t running godmode stats/modifiers while doing nothing with their adrenaline skills.

The class becomes more engaging and opens up a lot of new builds.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

All the teams in the TOL doing well are using Hambow with Soldier Amulet.

Clearly the solution is to that is to nerf greatsword dps skills.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

"Can deal," not "deals". Because of the lower chance for 100B to be all crits, Arcing Slice will be more reliable under 50% health.

"Can deal" is just talking very vaguely and doesn’t mean anything at all in relation to anything. All my hundred blade attacks can be non-crits and then I crit a hammer auto attack at the end of chain for almost the same amount. Doesn’t necessarily mean it is strong. My arcing slice could be a non-crit and deal only 15 percent of hundred blades.

I was also addressing people in general who think that this skill is nearly as strong as a decent fully channeled HB. Which it clearly isn’t.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Can deal” is just talking very vaguely and doesn’t mean anything at all in relation to anything. All my hundred blade attacks can be non-crits and then I crit a hammer auto attack at the end of chain for almost the same amount. Doesn’t necessarily mean it is strong. My arcing slice could be a non-crit and deal only 15 percent of hundred blades.

I was also addressing people in general who think that this skill is nearly as strong as a decent fully channeled HB. Which it clearly isn’t.

The video showed a likely circumstance with approximately a 50% crit rate (of 10 total strikes, 5 crit). This really isn’t farfetched at all to expect the damage to be around 80% of a full 100B when hitting a low health target.

I’m a Geeleiver

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The maths in this thread was very entertaining.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

ArenaNet probably just wants you to press your buttons instead of sitting there with full adrenaline 99.9% of the time.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

The arcing strike tooltips fits (by comparing with 100b final hit) with dealing the same damage as currently at >50% health and twice the damage at <50% health, for a damage coefficient of 2.6. Pretty close to the 3.0 damage coefficient of final thrust or eviscerate, but would mean only half (quite exactly) of the damage a full hundred blades does. Still a lot of damage, easily enough to offset the very minor nerfs on hundred blades and whirlwind attack.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

The maths in this thread was very entertaining.

I feel like everyone would profit a lot more if they literally took a pen to a piece of paper and wrote down the math. Seriously, guys….

I have not enough face-palms.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Tree.3916

From a PvE perspective…

The affected hits (first 8 of 100b and 4x WWA) equals 51% of a warrior’s DPS. This means overall dps for a warrior is reduced by about 2.5% roughly speaking.

What does this look like?

For the standard meta build (65003) the base dps with no vuln goes from 9,589 to 9,345.

In all, it seems like an extremely dumb thing for anet to be nerfing because…

1. In PvP Hammer and Longbow are the dominant weapons especially at higher levels of competition. So why nerf greatsword dps?

2. In PvE warrior is 4th or 5th out of 8 in terms of DPS, so it isn’t like they are addressing some PvE imbalance.

Most likely this nerf is “compensation” for the “great” new burst skill nobody will ever use in PvE and probably never use in high level PvP either. Sounds like a bad trade.

So in conclusion, the nerf is relatively minor overall but still annoying.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

The nerf has simply moved the damage you would get from 3bar Adrenaline immob + HB /Frenzy into an 360 degree AOE.

Same adrenaline, less buttons, wider range, less cast time.

I don’t see what the problem is.

We didn’t actually get a nerf, people are just panicking because they see “damage reduction” and go OMG NO-

GS Arcing slice CLEAVES now. That would have been enough. it still grants fury and everything else. If you keep chaining slices, perma fury, with bonus against weakened enemies.

almost guaranteed fury in a 1vX since you’re bound to hit someone unless you’re blind.

Hardly a nerf IMO.

Bonus: It looks like it would hit everyone trying to cap a point in PVP if the warrior stood in the middle.

If anything, the issue will be getting used to having adrenaline spent if we whiff evisc or earthshaker.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

From a PvE perspective…

The affected hits (first 8 of 100b and 4x WWA) equals 51% of a warrior’s DPS. This means overall dps for a warrior is reduced by about 2.5% roughly speaking.

For the standard meta build (65003) the base dps with no vuln goes from 9,589 to 9,345.

1. In PvP Hammer and Longbow are the dominant weapons especially at higher levels of competition. So why nerf greatsword dps?

2. In PvE warrior is 4th or 5th out of 8 in terms of DPS, so it isn’t like they are addressing some PvE imbalance.

Most likely this nerf is “compensation” for the “great” new burst skill nobody will ever use in PvE and probably never use in high level PvP either. Sounds like a bad trade.

I have been waiting a reborn arcing slice like that for ages. I really don’t see a reason not to use it. Yes MAYBE the nerf will hurt the sustain damage with berserker power in long run, but with good adrenaline management, it is easy to gain adrenaline in long battle, and the more the foe hp, the more AS bonus damage you will deal, its actually more than make up the lost dps in long run. If the fight is a short one, your burst damage is much much bigger than the current 100B alone.

I hardly see a reason not to use it, seriously.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can simply use signet of fury or healing surge or both in rotation for restoring adren after bursting. Would be curious if it is worthwhile doing. Would definately make the warriors rotation a lot more interesting.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

You can simply use signet of fury or healing surge or both in rotation for restoring adren after bursting. Would be curious if it is worthwhile doing. Would definately make the warriors rotation a lot more interesting.

You are correct, I am already using healing surge to charge up my adrenaline for more burst. I am not running a full power trait setup, but a rather damage + support hybrid. The healing surge recharge my adrenaline so that i can have a much better dps in zerging boss situation.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Tree.3916

From a PvE perspective…

I have been waiting a reborn arcing slice like that for ages. I really don’t see a reason not to use it. Yes MAYBE the nerf will hurt the sustain damage with berserker power in long run, but with good adrenaline management, it is easy to gain adrenaline in long battle, and the more the foe hp, the more AS bonus damage you will deal, its actually more than make up the lost dps in long run. If the fight is a short one, your burst damage is much much bigger than the current 100B alone.

You’re never going to use it PvE. If it takes about 10 seconds (being generous) to build up adrenaline after you burst, that means you lose 15-5% of your dps for 10 seconds.

Let’s say you lose 10% dps for 10 seconds. Warrior dps in a fully buffed party is around 12,000 so by activating this skill you lose around 12,000 damage. This skill would have to provide +12000 damage vs whatever else your options would be. Meaning, the skill would have to do around 24,000 damage before it breaks even. FWIW, a 24,000 damage skill in a fully buffed party is around a 3.0 coefficient.

This is the same coefficient as Eviscerate. And that is just to break even. If you want it to be an actual dps increase it would have to be even higher. If you think Anet is going to make this skill hit as hard in aoe as Eviscerate does in single target I would recommend rethinking it.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Let’s say you lose 10% dps for 10 seconds. Warrior dps in a fully buffed party is around 12,000 so by activating this skill you lose around 12,000 damage. This skill would have to provide +12000 damage vs whatever else your options would be. Meaning, the skill would have to do around 24,000 damage before it breaks even. FWIW, a 24,000 damage skill in a fully buffed party is around a 3.0 coefficient.

This is the same coefficient as Eviscerate. And that is just to break even. If you want it to be an actual dps increase it would have to be even higher. If you think Anet is going to make this skill hit as hard in aoe as Eviscerate does in single target I would recommend rethinking it.

So, using your burst skill drops your DPS to 0 until you get back up to max adrenaline?

…excuse me if I cease listening to any math breakdowns you do.

I’m a Geeleiver

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

From a PvE perspective…

You’re never going to use it PvE. If it takes about 10 seconds (being generous) to build up adrenaline after you burst, that means you lose 15-5% of your dps for 10 seconds.

Let’s say you lose 10% dps for 10 seconds. Warrior dps in a fully buffed party is around 12,000 so by activating this skill you lose around 12,000 damage.

Ten percent of 12,000 is twelve hundred.

you lose twelve hundred damage for ten seconds.

That’s one crit worth of dps, per second. After 10 seconds its normal.

Arcing slice now cleaves. Which means that it hits more than one mob, in fact; you will hit up to 5.

you will also do increased damage to foes under 50% HP..

your “lost DPS” has simply moved into blending groups in a 360 degree aoe around you instead of hitting one mob once.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

From a PvE perspective…

First, didn’t i say i am a damage + support warrior? That means i never have berserker power in the first hand, so using burst skill never hurt my dps. 2nd, with the new mob ai at LS2 constantly moving, it is hardly able to finish a full set of 100B, new arcing slice is a solution. 3rd, during long fight, like legendary boss, you have plenty of time to gain AS bonus attack because every AS you hit after hp reduced below 50%.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Tree.3916

So, using your burst skill drops your DPS to 0 until you get back up to max adrenaline?

You don’t get it. You produce 12k dps doing your normal rotation with Berserker’s Power. If you use your burst skill you lose 12,000 total damage over that 10 seconds. The burst skill itself has to make up that lost damage. It’s not a matter of the skill itself doing 12k damage since you do 12k damage per second without using the skill. You have to consider the opportunity cost. The skill has to do the normal 12kdps plus make up for the 12k damage you are losing from berserker’s power. And that is just to break even.

Arcing slice now cleaves. Which means that it hits more than one mob, in fact; you will hit up to 5.
your “lost DPS” has simply moved into blending groups in a 360 degree aoe around you instead of hitting one mob once.

1. Nobody would use Arcing Slice to kill trash mobs. DPS against single target (aka bosses) is the only thing anyone considers relevant.

2. Against a single target neither Arcing Slice nor Eviscerate are worth using since Berserker’s Power is greater DPS.

3. Your math is terrible. A normal warrior does 12,000 dps. If you use your burst skill you do an average of 10,800 for the next 10 seconds. The damage lost totals 12,000. The burst skill has to replace this lost damage. Remember a warrior already does 12,000 dps. So if the burst skill makes 12,000 damage with a 1 second cast time/aftercast that is no different than what the warrior already does without it. So in order to equal what the warrior already does AND make up for the damage loss of Berserker’s Power the burst skill has to do 24,000 damage. And that make it break even. This is why people use their Eviscerate at the end of the boss fight in PvE as a finisher, and will be the same with Arcing Slice. The loss of adrenaline won’t matter as the fight is over. But you would not incorporate it into a normal DPS rotation since the opportunity cost vs the benefit makes no sense.

First, didn’t i say i am a damage + support warrior? That means i never have berserker power in the first hand, so using burst skill never hurt my dps. 2nd, with the new mob ai at LS2 constantly moving, it is hardly able to finish a full set of 100B, new arcing slice is a solution. 3rd, during long fight, like legendary boss, you have plenty of time to gain AS bonus attack because every AS you hit after hp reduced below 50%.

I’m not even sure how to address this. If you don’t use berserker’s power you can use your burst skill as much as you want. Since every good warrior build in PvE uses berserker’s power discussing other build’s isn’t particularly relevant. Though, this does make the phalanx strength build a little better, but even that build is pretty garbage.

(edited by Tree.3916)

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

You don’t get it. You produce 12k dps doing your normal rotation with Berserker’s Power. If you use your burst skill you lose 12,000 total damage over that 10 seconds. The burst skill itself has to make up that lost damage. It’s not a matter of the skill itself doing 12k damage since you do 12k damage per second without using the skill. You have to consider the opportunity cost. The skill has to do the normal 12kdps plus make up for the 12k damage you are losing from berserker’s power. And that is just to break even.

1. Nobody would use Arcing Slice to kill trash mobs. DPS against single target (aka bosses) is the only thing anyone considers relevant.

2. Against a single target neither Arcing Slice nor Eviscerate are worth using since Berserker’s Power is greater DPS.

3. Your math is terrible. A normal warrior does 12,000 dps. If you use your burst skill you do an average of 10,800 for the next 10 seconds. The damage lost totals 12,000. The burst skill has to replace this lost damage. Remember a warrior already does 12,000 dps. So if the burst skill makes 12,000 damage with a 1 second cast time/aftercast that is no different than what the warrior already does without it. So in order to equal what the warrior already does AND make up for the damage loss of Berserker’s Power the burst skill has to do 24,000 damage. And that make it break even. This is why people use their Eviscerate at the end of the boss fight in PvE as a finisher, and will be the same with Arcing Slice. The loss of adrenaline won’t matter as the fight is over. But you would not incorporate it into a normal DPS rotation since the opportunity cost vs the benefit makes no sense.

I understand your math very well, and my point remains that burst will now spread its damage over 5 targets instead of just the boss.

That, coupled with the high adrenaline decay once ooc, is going to force people to use the burst on trash mobs.

There will be dps lost on boss mobs, yes. There will be DPS gained on the mobs leading to the boss.

If you’re speaking about solo/ world bosses, the DPS drop is final. Dungeons should see very little variation in DPS .

World bosses? you’re out of luck.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Tree.3916

You know what else kills trash mobs? Your normal skills that do 12,000dps. The point still is you have to do 24,000 damage per arcing slice before it breaks even.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Azure The Heartless.3261

You know what else kills trash mobs? Your normal skills that do 12,000dps. The point still is you have to do 24,000 damage per arcing slice before it breaks even.

True enough.

Poison of choice will likely be [Arcing Slice] now, anyway- since otherwise you waste the Adrenaline.

burst recharge might synergize well with the new [Signet of Rage] also.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Berserker power does 5% more dmg per bar of adrenaline so it’s not a 15% loss over 10 seconds. It’s a 15% —> 10% —> 5% —> 0% over the course of a few seconds per each.

The warrior dps rotation also has various bursts/fluxuations. For example, GS F1 —> Axe2, Axe1. After adrenaline is depleted, swapping and axe 2 and the first 3 hits of the auto attack will be at 0% but the last 3 will be at 5%. Since the last hit is worth more, the dps loss isn’t as bad as a flat loss that you are assuming. Continuing on single targets, just for swapping back and forth between gs/axe will give you 1 bar (5+5 strikes) of adrenaline. Axe 2×2 and Full Axe auto = 10 more strikes to reach 10%. So a max of 5 seconds to get to 10% buff . By the final strike of 100b, adrenaline will be at 100%. This also assumes a single target. Vs 3 targets, the last hit of the axe auto attack will be at 15% buff after 3 seconds. Not the 10 seconds of 0% bonus that you claim.

Let’s finally look at the tooltips in the ready up. 3552+931 for 100b vs 1044/2088 for the GS burst. If your 100b hits for about 40k then a below 50% burst will hit for about 20k vs 1 target. If that sounds ridiculous, think about the fact that a pvp warrior with no buffs hit 5.9k.

That’s approaching the ridiculous math 24k number you are tossing out. Let’s try to figure out a more realistic number. VS single target, the 5 seconds of axing in between the gs is at a ~10% loss. The final hit of 100b and ww and gs burst will all be at 15%. So the dmg loss of a 12k dps warrior is closer to 12k x 0.1 × 5 seconds + 12k x 0.05 × 3 sec or 7.8k. That’s still assuming uniform dmg which is not the case. The heavy hitters will still be buffed more so the dmg loss is probably around 6-7k.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

GS Nerfs? I only see GS behing finally viable in PvP, I don’t see any nerf here. Specially now with the Adrenaline changes and with GS burst behing one of the less telegraphed burst skills

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

And why the SoR nerf…. Again a useless nerf

They are nerfing SoR because the other elites rarely compete. Battle Standard will see more use now. Rampage will still be never used (except in a rare Fiery Great Sword – ele Elite combo).

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Could see the new Rampage being cool for WvW.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Also is not that big of a nerf in SoR. 5 secs less, sure, but it will have 50% hight Adrenaline gain, with the adrenaline changes I think that will help a bit no? Will still be very popular

I really think I will main Warrior after this changes, need to save for new makeover kit and better start completing the map with him. Can’t wait for GS build

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

No one uses SoR’s passive. An unused SoR is a wasted elite skill.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

The funniest thing is that they are not touching GS mobility.

Anet 1 – QQforum 0

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Harper.4173

The saddest thing is that the damage nerfs aren’t even as big – I doubt much players run such highly optimized builds that the 4% of 100b and 5% off WW will make a huge impact.
What will matter is that AS is now a viable choice and might open up GS for a whole new level of engagement in sPVP while remaining relatively unchanged in WvW and PvE.

I think that the damage loss is relatively small if you consider the fact that most players have other areas where they could optimize/improve their build in order to recover the lost dps.

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Tree.3916

Berserker power does 5% more dmg per bar of adrenaline so it’s not a 15% loss over 10 seconds. It’s a 15% —> 10% --> 5% —> 0% over the course of a few seconds per each.

The warrior dps rotation also has various bursts/fluxuations. For example, GS F1 —> Axe2, Axe1. After adrenaline is depleted, swapping and axe 2 and the first 3 hits of the auto attack will be at 0% but the last 3 will be at 5%. Since the last hit is worth more, the dps loss isn’t as bad as a flat loss that you are assuming. Continuing on single targets, just for swapping back and forth between gs/axe will give you 1 bar (5+5 strikes) of adrenaline. Axe 2×2 and Full Axe auto = 10 more strikes to reach 10%. So a max of 5 seconds to get to 10% buff . By the final strike of 100b, adrenaline will be at 100%. This also assumes a single target. Vs 3 targets, the last hit of the axe auto attack will be at 15% buff after 3 seconds. Not the 10 seconds of 0% bonus that you claim.

I didn’t claim that? I claimed an average of 10% damage reduction as you were refilling adrenaline. So you did a lot of napkin math for nothing.

Also, “axe2x2 and full axe auto” is not the optimal dps rotation. Are you accounting for that dps loss?

Let’s finally look at the tooltips in the ready up. 3552+931 for 100b vs 1044/2088 for the GS burst. If your 100b hits for about 40k then a below 50% burst will hit for about 20k vs 1 target. If that sounds ridiculous, think about the fact that a pvp warrior with no buffs hit 5.9k.

That’s approaching the ridiculous math 24k number you are tossing out.

It’s 19k. Which is a lot less than the break even point of 24k. I feel like you are white-knighting here. Why does no pve warrior spam eviscerate in the middle of boss fights? It hits harder than Arcing Slice will, so according to your logic its a DPS gain? No? Well then why are you defending Arcing Slice like that?

Let’s try to figure out a more realistic number. VS single target, the 5 seconds of axing in between the gs is at a ~10% loss. The final hit of 100b and ww and gs burst will all be at 15%. So the dmg loss of a 12k dps warrior is closer to 12k x 0.1 × 5 seconds + 12k x 0.05 × 3 sec or 7.8k. That’s still assuming uniform dmg which is not the case. The heavy hitters will still be buffed more so the dmg loss is probably around 6-7k.

So why don’t you spam Eviscerate in fights? Or better yet, let’s actually pretend that your math is right and we should spam Eviscerate in fights, why would anyone use Arcing Slice when you could use Eviscerate for the same role?

(edited by Tree.3916)

Updates on GS

in Warrior

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

GS hasn’t had a nerf. It’s a 5 percent reduction to 100b and WW, but Arcing Slice is AoE and now has a 2.6 modifier while under 50%

The only time this change will ever matter is PvE and you can bet your kitten that Arcing Slice is probably going to be part of most good rotations, as bosses will be at <50% for a long time.

For PvP/WvW, the nerf to 100b and WW sort of make sense. 100b is slighty more bearable if you get caught out via a stun or immobilize and WW isn’t quite as hard hitting, however they buffed Arcing Slice to actually make a really great impact in a fight if used properly and effectively.

A 2.6 co-efficient is actually really high. If you run the right build, that’s going to drop a squishie or medium class down to nearly 0% HP, as it can hit upwards of 10k.

GS is pretty much insane for WvW. You can drop 10k in full 5 target AoE. If you get a 3 warriors doing that you can pretty much 1-shot a backline after you make your first pass through.

The changes make sense and this is coming from a high-end PvE player, a Champ Legionnaire and a driver of a WvW guild. I’ve got over 4k hours on my warrior. I don’t know why people are complaining. Pretty much every change to warrior makes sense, maybe with the exception of SoR, but even then they’re making room for other elites to become a more attractive option.

noice