i find it funny

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: michael.1735

michael.1735

that mesmer greatsword ability phantasmal berserker do more dmg then warrior whirlwind attack its only a clone and they can even summon 3 of them over 30 seconds

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

How about thief’s stolen whirlwind axe which is better than ours in every single way

Or heartseeker which is a spammable Eviscerate

Or engineer shield block which innately reflects projectiles and doubles as a blast finisher with knockback on the exact same cooldown..

(edited by Jzaku.9765)

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

The engineer shield skill doesn’t ‘block’ btw. Reflecting projectiles is its primary function.

i find it funny

in Warrior

michael.1735

dont forgat phantasmal berserker is 1200 range attack and always summon on the target so there is no chance to miss unlike our ability which have like 2 seconds delay and miss 50% of the times

just met mesmer who got half of my hp down with 1 phantasmal berserker whirlwind attack and and i have 3300 toughness and i just found out its cripple as well this is nice a mere clone is stronger then our entire class

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

The engineer shield skill doesn’t ‘block’ btw. Reflecting projectiles is its primary function.

Toolkit>Gear shield> block attacks for 3sec (like shield stance)>20cd

Even if we trait for shield we still have it on longer cd.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hmm, I wonder why the dungeon speed runners don’t just make Mesmerx4 with GS, Guardianx1 groups instead of handicapping themselves with 3 Warriors with GS…

i find it funny

in Warrior

michael.1735

Hmm, I wonder why the dungeon speed runners don’t just make Mesmerx4 with GS, Guardianx1 groups instead of handicapping themselves with 3 Warriors with GS…

hundred blades but its too kitten in pvp u need frenzy and bull charge 2 utilitys to be able to use it for more then one swing …

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

And how warriors Fear Me is better than necro fear.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Kirster.4605

Kirster.4605

warriors need a babysitter. if you want to roam in WvW make a thief,mesmer,ele because you have to dodge if you are spec for dps toughness is useless other class with < warriors HP can spec full zerker and still die longer than warrior with warrior 20k hp and 3k armor

i find it funny

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

This isn’t the skill he’s referring to; gear shield does nothing but block.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

This isn’t the skill he’s referring to; gear shield does nothing but block.

You’re right, I mistook gear shield and the actual shield’s blocks as the same skill.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Skelemiere.3094

Skelemiere.3094

ROFL yeah.. 80 CD on a possible 4s fear. Like EVERYONE would prefer that ksill than a short cd staff fear on Necros, or the fear you use during spectral

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

iZerker can do 20k damage? Doubt that.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

ROFL yeah.. 80 CD on a possible 4s fear. Like EVERYONE would prefer that ksill than a short cd staff fear on Necros, or the fear you use during spectral

40 sec cd staff fear for 1 seconds vs an 80 second cd fear for 4 seconds. Seems like ours is better.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

40 sec cd staff fear for 1 seconds vs an 80 second cd fear for 4 seconds. Seems like ours is better.

Not if you use the fear to interrupts heals, stomps etc.

Remember..
1.it’s a weapon skill for necros..a valuable utility skill slot for wars. You can have two weapon sets and it is one of 10 available skills.
2. Also, it helps necros kite by placing it between them and their target if its melee and dancing around it.
3.1200 range..you can interrupt someone reviving or stomping an ally without getting close.

i find it funny

in Warrior

LameFox.6349

TBH I find ‘fear me’ and whatever that mark is called (I seriously never remember marks by name, only function) are useful for totally different things. The mark is much more of an interrupt and ‘stop chasing me’ skill due to being up more often and placeable while fear me is better for broader (but less frequent) CC like when you want to stomp/save, need a break (or someone near you does) from incoming attacks, or want to quickly fear someone off a cliff (since no need to target and potentially lasts longer).

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Not if you use the fear to interrupts heals, stomps etc.

Remember..
1.it’s a weapon skill for necros..a valuable utility skill slot for wars. You can have two weapon sets and it is one of 10 available skills.
2. Also, it helps necros kite by placing it between them and their target if its melee and dancing around it.
3.1200 range..you can interrupt someone reviving or stomping an ally without getting close.

Really then its a wash, a necro will fear to interupt more but the fear itself is weak. A warrior will interupt less often but when they do they can leverage the fear better simply because its so kitten long. I see your point but I personally like the warrior fear because I feel like I get more done when I use it.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: JoakimFA.4713

JoakimFA.4713

I find this whole class funny.

Yoshioka [YUI] | Sea of Sorrows | Human Warrior. And a good looking one at that.
My Longbow tPvP Guide: http://tinyurl.com/Longbow-tPvP (out of date)

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I find it funny how elementalist and engineers stack might better than warriors when a-net keeps telling us warriors are supposed to plow through enemy boons.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

I find it funny that even though I have a Guardian and Thief which are superior to Warrior in most cases, I still find Warrior my favorite class and so fun to play.

Maybe I’m just a sucker for the underdog.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

that mesmer greatsword ability phantasmal berserker do more dmg then warrior whirlwind attack its only a clone and they can even summon 3 of them over 30 seconds

izerker does terrible damage (well… its extremely random; but mine tend to hit for 2k), my duelists hit 5k+ and wardens 7k+, any phantasm build mesmer should be using scepter+pistol(/sword)

WW>izerk

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahnz.9742

Vahnz.9742

I love playing warrior as opposed to all my other characters. Most mesmers i see roaming still think shatter is the way to go, and i never waste more than a minute wiping the floor with most people.
Since im no pro at the game i still have issues with people who know how to effective dodge the second they see my warrior begin any type of burst or knockdown… its like these guys were born with a bullet-time button.

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

izerker does terrible damage? really? Mesmer’s usually can get away with rolling glass with lil to no downside and that izerker does way more than 2k damage. I just got hit with it a couple times in wvw and it was 6k each time.

i find it funny

in Warrior

izerker does terrible damage? really? Mesmer’s usually can get away with rolling glass with lil to no downside and that izerker does way more than 2k damage. I just got hit with it a couple times in wvw and it was 6k each time.

thats because its extremely random
go over to the mesmer forum and you’ll understand
most of mine only hit one spin, compared to any other phantasm (except maybe torch and staff; havent used those in a phant build) they are low damage

(im also curious; is your char a norn/charr? ive been wondering if that affects amount of hits; though i still hit only 2k~ on bloomhunger; which id guess has a massive hit box – im a full GC phant build)

also WW;
- gives the user evasion (even i zerks dont evade during their attack)
- is easily targetted into a wall or rock for better damage (more so in pve)
- is a whirl finisher
- has a 10s cd (izerk has 16 with both traits)

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

i find it funny

in Warrior

XII.9401

I love playing warrior as opposed to all my other characters. Most mesmers i see roaming still think shatter is the way to go, and i never waste more than a minute wiping the floor with most people.
Since im no pro at the game i still have issues with people who know how to effective dodge the second they see my warrior begin any type of burst or knockdown… its like these guys were born with a bullet-time button.

Use bolas. Bull’s>>hits?>>bolas. Bull’s>>doesn’t hit? few ppl double dodge>>bolas. walk up, frenzy 100b, Evis. Don’t waste time knocking down,stunning or knocking back people. Lotsa classes -mainly mesmers, sword thieves- have stun breakers on demand.

i find it funny

in Warrior

XII.9401

I find it funny how elementalist and engineers stack might better than warriors when a-net keeps telling us warriors are supposed to plow through enemy boons.

Is it the same Anet that they didn’t want thieves to stealth repeatedly in combat and we ended up with the worst stealth class in a game ever? Hell..predator would have been proud..

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

What are you trying to say that ww is greater than izerker? You can cast your thing from range while the warrior has to be in the thick of it. also ww doesn’t put a cripple on the target. And whirl finishers suck so I don’t see how that makes much difference.

with izerker you basically have on one ability one of the strongest warrior abilities in game at 1200 range.

Maybe you want to hear us say poor Mesmer’s they have it so hard waaaa waaaa waaaa

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The scepter damage on my mesmer was really awesome, with as many clones as I could need, a block combo, and the nice confusion stacks. Then the torch would give me some burning, blast finisher, and more confusion with retaliation. It was really boss.

Then I used iZerker……………………..

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Why is this funny to you? You are taking ONE mesmer GS skill and complain about it…the rest of mesmer GS skills are useless dmg wise, which can not be said about warrior GS skills. Seriously…warriors complaining about not enough dmg output, really? O_o

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

poor Mesmer’s they have it so rough waaaaa waaaa waaaa

i find it funny

in Warrior

The scepter damage on my mesmer was really awesome, with as many clones as I could need, a block combo, and the nice confusion stacks. Then the torch would give me some burning, blast finisher, and more confusion with retaliation. It was really boss.

Then I used iZerker..........................

torch is a really bad offhand; i seem to recall seeing some numbers that showed that duelist/swordsman outdpsed it (duelist can even work as a good cond phantasm; mine do 6+ stacks of bleed per volley - and traited each hit is 100% finisher; which could be combined with feedback for nice confusion)

Maybe you want to hear us say poor Mesmer’s they have it so hard

no; im trying to say they’re different (and thats what this thread seems to be; apart from being from the warrs perspective)

Why is this funny to you? You are taking ONE mesmer GS skill and complain about it...the rest of mesmer GS skills are useless dmg wise, which can not be said about warrior GS skills. Seriously...warriors complaining about not enough dmg output, really? O_o

^ this; except #2 is pretty nice
#1 does horrible damage (even at max range; at lower than max range its basically tickling the foe)
#3 im fairly sure is a dps loss over max range spatial surge; is too small to strategically target to hit multiple foes (so why isnt it target centered or a blast finisher?)
#5 is situational (and hella annoying in dungeons; ive almost ragequitted because of mesmers spamming this so often); you can use it to get back some distance but 450 distance means your AA is going to do crap all; izerker will be on CD, in pvp /wvw classes (with good players) will close the distance very quickly (oh look; whirlind is 40 range \o/) which leaves you with only #2 (if its off cooldown), the best use for it is knocking mobs into walls (although i prefer focus for that), thieves out of refuges or enemies off points

- im not saying its a horrible weapon though

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

poor PvE Mesmer’s they have it so rough waaaa waaaa waaaa

i find it funny

in Warrior

XII.9401

Why is this funny to you? You are taking ONE mesmer GS skill and complain about it…the rest of mesmer GS skills are useless dmg wise, which can not be said about warrior GS skills. Seriously…warriors complaining about not enough dmg output, really? O_o

Other classes can put up the same damage output with less setup and faster: Thief/mesmer and have better survivability.

We might have damage..but we can’t land it. A mesmer coming here and comparing warriors with mesmers is just silly. I dunno what to say, honestly. My suggestion is play a war in high end tourneys and after you get the floor wiped with you youl realize that your mesmer class was what carried you.

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

It’s not a guaranteed hit and crit every time?!!! That’s totally outrageous boy you Mesmer’s sure have it rough!!! Arenanet buff Mesmer’s NOW!!!

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

I think some of you need to make a mesmer and go to the mist to actually test the skill. On my warrior, if your standing still, my ww will hit you with ever hit. On that mesmer in the mist, that phatasm seems to only hit 1-2 hits on a sationary target. Usually doing like 1-2k damage. Ww is far superior damage wise then izerker. Also I would like to point out that izerker hits just as kittenty on any target not running away from it. If you wanna pick on a phatasm then choose the ones that actually work, like duelist and warlock. They do crazy damage for a set and forget skill.

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

Absolutely agree when your fighting a warrior the warrior never has to aim the whirlwind attack and have proper positioning to get the most out of it. And lets not forget how during the cooldown of the warrior’s whirlwind attack the warrior still gets multiple whirlwind attacks going off!!! This is so absurd BUFF Mesmer’s now Arenanet!!!

i find it funny

in Warrior

YourOwnFear.2743

Absolutely agree when your fighting a warrior the warrior never has to aim the whirlwind attack and have proper positioning to get the most out of it. And lets not forget how during the cooldown of the warrior’s whirlwind attack the warrior still gets multiple whirlwind attacks going off!!! This is so absurd BUFF Mesmer’s now Arenanet!!!

You clearly didn’t read anything I said because you went straight into defensive mode. I said in the best case scenario for a whirl move (a stationary target) it can’t even hit for full damage but my warrior can. Also lets not forget that where a mesmer has no control over that phantasm once its released or even which direction it comes from while its released, my warrior does. To top it all off the izerker has next to no hps and runs after its target doing nothing in between whirl attacks. Anyways I find comparing classes stupid but since you’re going there I am. If you’re going to compare a weapon to the mesmers ranged weapon then you need to compare rifle to greatsword. I would not trade my rifle for the mesmers greatsword for any reason. 15k kill shots>2k crits from izerker.

Maybe if you love the izerker so much you should roll a mesmer and stop playing a warrior because the fixes we need over here are sustained fixes not damage. The more damage we get the less sustain we get and I don’t think thats what most of us want.

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

Dude I was agreeing with everything you said bro

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

yeah rifle is so op. Whenever I go into spvp or wvw all I see is rifle warriors one shotting people left and right it’s ridiculous Arenanet NERF warriors immediately!!!

i find it funny

in Warrior

YourOwnFear.2743

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

I’m trying to be positive and compliment your posts as much as I can to get good changes for this game. Mesmer’s are certainly not in a good place from the discussion we’ve been having and need a lot of love.

i find it funny

in Warrior

AlBundy.7851

I reread your post again because you said I didn’t read it and I believe you but I’m having some trouble where is the izerker button on the rifle again?

i find it funny

in Warrior

XII.9401

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Sometimes you just throw it at a hopeless situation. Buff mesmers!

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Necros have six fears if they go a terror build. Don’t see how one on a 80s CD could be better…..

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

i find it funny

in Warrior

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

poor PvE Mesmer’s they have it so rough waaaa waaaa waaaa

Poor warriors they have it so rough waaaa, all other classes are op waaaaaa