i have to say i respect your class

in Warrior

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

my main is a melee ranger.i got bored so i thought i would roll a warrior. very bad idea lol i was trying to set up a tank had 20k hp 3.7k armor and 2k power i died in less then 20 sec at that practice lord fight in the mist. i thought it would be a peace of cake because on my ranger i beat that practice lord with out any trouble. so i have to give the good warriors your props.cya in game

master jedi david

in Warrior

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

my main is a melee ranger.i got bored so i thought i would roll a warrior. very bad idea lol i was trying to set up a tank had 20k hp 3.7k armor and 2k power i died in less then 20 sec at that practice lord fight in the mist. i thought it would be a peace of cake because on my ranger i beat that practice lord with out any trouble. so i have to give the good warriors your props.cya in game

Cheers, and much respect to melee ranger too (I probably have more hours on my Ranger than War but much of that is pewpew ..).
All that hp/ap is really only of value to avoid being 2-3 shot whilst checking the map or sorting through inventory; once in combat, a single application of Prot/Aegis/Blind/Invis would be worth far far more.

in Warrior

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

i was trying to set up a tank had 20k hp 3.7k armor and 2k power i died in less then 20 sec at that practice lord fight in the mist

Maybe you should try dodging attacks?
If you are effective at playing your class and familiar with Guild Wars 2’s combat system there is no need for using tank gear, you can just time your dodges and blocks and be pretty much invulnerable, at least against simple AI like a practice lord fight

in Warrior

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Even if you were successful to withstand many more attacks, such kind of build would only be good when fighting in groups as your high armor will come at the expese of DPS. I other words you wouldn’t be able to kill an opponent yourself and you propable would die after a long and rather boring fight.

Currently the high armor doesn’t mean you can stand there that long, maybe a couple of hits more but that’s it. Most DPS warrior are running full zerk.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]